AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-02-20, 09:37   Link #7961
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Yeah, but you see... There's a big difference when you say that something is similar to another thing, and when you're saying that something is the other thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Gods right seat says Touma's imagine breaker is the holy right.
Big no-no here.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 09:43   Link #7962
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
Holy right is Fiamma's 3rd arm. It's name is holy right. Touma special right hand is imagine breaker. Both people had special right hand but the ability embedded on it are different.
Holy Right to Fiamma
Imagine Breaker to Touma.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 09:56   Link #7963
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Holy right is Fiamma's 3rd arm. It's name is holy right. Touma special right hand is imagine breaker. Both people had special right hand but the ability embedded on it are different.
Holy Right to Fiamma
Imagine Breaker to Touma.
Then can we say they are both Holy right hands?
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 12:40   Link #7964
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
nope, we can't say they are both holy right hands because holy right is the name of fianmma's special right hand.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 12:43   Link #7965
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
nope, we can't say they are both holy right hands because holy right is the name of fianmma's special right hand.
not "holy right" but "holy"right
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 13:11   Link #7966
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
not "holy right" but "holy"right
This.


Can sound similar but they're different.
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 16:55   Link #7967
chrisbad726
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: in your closet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
This.


Can sound similar but they're different.
Just so that there isn't any confusion couldn't we all them Divine Right hands?
chrisbad726 is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 16:59   Link #7968
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbad726 View Post
Just so that there isn't any confusion couldn't we all them Divine Right hands?
For me I classified them under [Power of the Right hand].
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 17:17   Link #7969
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

Yet Index is always appearing in every arc regardless of how important she is to it. So why not Mikoto, who can actually contribute? It doesn't matter if she's magic or not; the very definition of her character defies the idea that she wouldn't get involved, but Kamachi keeps forcing reasons.
And keeping her out of the action (which has been going on since well before Railgun started, so that's irrelevant) just because she has her own series is still ignoring her character and forcing contrived developments.
I don't see how that's special treatment when she doesn't appear every arc. But in the arcs she does appear in, some forced reason or another keeps her out of the action even when it's practicaly going on right in front of her.
u kidding index only appears if once in a while and why not when u have a series named after u. Like the accel fangirl said having mikoto all the time keeps the spotlight off of everyone else. The author probably wants the people begging for more mikoto. Example when index came out people wanted more mikoto,when railgun came people wanted more touma,how do u solve this? Well you put them together obviously but have em togther all the time will get annoying. It like a harem anime when there is one girl getting all the spotlight when u also want the others to have their fair share(at least in my opinion)
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 17:32   Link #7970
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Ugh if we had mikoto ending everything it would really get annoying making a typical undefeatable tag team of touma and mikoto. To me shes a main character but she needs to stay on the science side. Making her come to the rescue every time a magician comes will just be too easy. Besides she might be killed though considering who the antagonists are.

Lets leave it like this.Leave the science on the science side and the magic on the magic side unless ur touma,index(whos barely apart of both),motaharu,and am i missing anyone else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I know I was the one who said this should be in another thread , but just as a last response, Mikoto is the female character with the most screentime (both in anime and novels) after Index, appearing even when she doesn't have direct involvement in the arc. (like Index has in the past science arcs) I have more evidence for this, but unfortunately it's all novel material not covered in the anime yet, so.........

On the second paragraph, there isn't much I can say since my evidence is mainly from the hasn't-aired-yet novel material again, but as I said in my previous post the reason she doesn't get more involved in the magic side is because of poorly forced reasons from the author. (which JC Staff has to concede to in order to stay true to the novels) Mikoto may not know about the magic side, but she knows Touma is off fighting bad guys. For example, the fight with Sherry Cromwell; Touma is clearly set to fight her, but where's Mikoto? Teleported away by Kuroko, and isn't giving any serious second thought to Touma's predicament. Then, she totally misses Index being attacked by the golem........because Index's cat ran away at just the perfectly wrong (or perfectly right, for the purpose of forcing Mikoto away from the magic side) time. Ugh.
Admittedly these are some of the least poorly-derived excuses for Mikoto's absence in the fight (not by too much though), but it was still very forced; why didn't Touma have Kuroko teleport Hyouka and Index, the two people least capable of defending themselves, first? Mikoto is the third most powerful Level 5 Esper in Academy City; (at the time, they all thought that) Index and Hyouka were in the most danger. Why in the world would you get Mikoto out first and leave Hyouka in such a dangerous place? Yes, Hyouka was important for that arc, but I doubt Touma and the others care about things like that. It's forced reasoning. And I don't need to point out how Sphinx running away was so perfectly timed to get Mikoto away from Index before the Golem attacked.
I don't know why the author is so dead-set on keeping Mikoto out of the magic side plot, but at the very least he could make it happen more sensibly than using such forced reasoning.

Wow, that went on a lot longer than I had originally intended. Now I'm done.

Wrong Shinji, wrong.

Did you forgot why Tsuchimikado is still alive?
Because he still is of value for both sides.

What happened when Ellis and Sherry got together?
Their little group got crushed by outside organizations.

Mikoto has no value anymore than her clones and I'm sure it was already stated that the Level 5 are expendable. Mikoto isn't exception there. If she gets involved in the Magic Side dark business there is no doubt she will be targeted to be killed like Touma is. And you know Touma won't be in Academy City forever and each magician who comes after the preview is more tricky and even more broken and Mikoto isn't the type of character to sit around when something happens and thats her flaw, she tries to do all on her own and fails for that so, if she ever gets involved with the darkness be it from the magic on from the science which she even can't deal with there is no doubt she will fail again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

1. Touma is the one who decided which two would be teleported out. Kuroko complied with who he chose.
2. Kuroko is a responible member of Judgement; putting a defenseless civilian in danger for her own personal reasons is something she would not do. And Kuroko is the one who has specifically said she would fight against Mikoto if she became an enemy of Academy City.
3. Mikoto is the third most powerful Level 5 Esper in Academy City, leading back to 2.
4. Touma's IB doesn't prevent Kuroko from teleporting Hyouka out, thus is not relevant at all to why they didn't get Hyouka out first.
1. She hasn't any other choice.
2. Except, the only civilian in danger could be Index.
3. Can be the third, but pales in comparison to Number 2 by far.
4. Because Touma was there and being Level 5 or not, a civilian still is a civilian.

Quote:
First, how do levels not matter? You get the people at most risk out first. Mikoto is far safer than Hyouka.
Hyouka can't die like that.

Quote:
Second, you don't consider people to be safe just because there's somebody around to protect them. Police and military personel always evacuate civilians when there's danger, regardless of how well they think they can protect them. That's exactly why Judgement was going around evacuating people from the mall in the first place.
The AntiSkill were supposed to be fighting against the "terrorist" so, there is a margin of confidence.

Quote:
Yet Index is always appearing in every arc regardless of how important she is to it. So why not Mikoto, who can actually contribute? It doesn't matter if she's magic or not; the very definition of her character defies the idea that she wouldn't get involved, but Kamachi keeps forcing reasons.
Then why not Kaori? Stiyl? Those 2 for example won't give a damn about which side if their friends are in danger.

Quote:
And keeping her out of the action (which has been going on since well before Railgun started, so that's irrelevant) just because she has her own series is still ignoring her character and forcing contrived developments.
I don't see how that's special treatment when she doesn't appear every arc. But in the arcs she does appear in, some forced reason or another keeps her out of the action even when it's practicaly going on right in front of her.
Wouldn't be that is forced she has to appear every arc even when she isn't that relevant?
That IS special treatment. You know very well this, character like Himegami, Fukiyose, etc would have been developed instead sending them to the oblivion, and what we get? Mikoto tsundere to please fans .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
You seem to be misunderstanding me (although my exact wording of one or two specific sentences probably contributed to that); I'm not saying Mikoto should be in every arc, I'm saying don't make forced and dumb reasons for keeping her out of the action when she does appear.
Thars called "teasing" .
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-02-20 at 17:43.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 17:35   Link #7971
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
u kidding index only appears if once in a while and why not when u have a series named after u. Like the accel fangirl said having mikoto all the time keeps the spotlight off of everyone else. The author probably wants the people begging for more mikoto. Example when index came out people wanted more mikoto,when railgun came people wanted more touma,how do u solve this? Well you put them together obviously but have em togther all the time will get annoying. It like a harem anime when there is one girl getting all the spotlight when u also want the others to have their fair share(at least in my opinion)
"Once in a while?" She appears almost every episode.
You're getting a little off point; yes the series is named after her, but that doesn't affect how often Mikoto should appear. They're not mutually exclusive. Considering how they're the main two rivals for Touma if anything they would be mutually inclusive.
If the author wanted to use Mikoto to draw in readers, the last thing he would do is keep her out. Those two things are mutually exclusive.
You seem to be misunderstanding me (although my exact wording of one or two specific sentences probably contributed to that); I'm not saying Mikoto should appear in every arc, I'm saying don't make forced and dumb reasons for keeping her out of the action when she does appear.
There's a difference between Toaru Index and Toaru Railgun; Touma just doesn't appear much at all in Railgun, while in Index, Mikoto keeps appearing but gets kept out of the action with forced reasoning. Also, when Touma does appear in Railgun and there's action happening or about to happen, he gets in on it. (sometimes he's even the source of the action) Mikoto doesn't get much of any action at all in Index
__________________
Shinji103 is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 17:39   Link #7972
bizzi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
while in Index, Mikoto keeps appearing but gets kept out of the action with forced reasoning.
This. is. fucking. true. well, to me. I'd like to know what others think about this.
bizzi is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 17:50   Link #7973
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Mikoto has enough value to keep her around in Academy City, hence the incident in SS1. Her value goes to the image of Academy City, not the black projects of Aleister.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzi View Post
This. is. fucking. true. well, to me. I'd like to know what others think about this.

The way I see the author's mindset, is that he tends to keep his favorite girls out of harms way. This is something I'm also guilty of when I first started my OC making 'career'. The romance interest to my character is locked down tighter than Fort Knox, Area 51, the White House, Langley, and the Pentagon combined.

But then I realize that the best couples that people like, are the ones to do things together, nobody likes the whole "I'll protect you" mentality, the best way to go is "Lets do this together".

Hopefully New Testament would handle their characters better.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 18:06   Link #7974
bizzi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
You know very well this, character like Himegami, Fukiyose, etc would have been developed instead sending them to the oblivion, and what we get? Mikoto tsundere to please fans
Hinegami and Fukiyose have like (for the moment) no potential. Mikoto is a far more interesting character as she's got potential to do things. I'm not saying she would be drastically useful against magicians (she would still help though), but she is a powerful character (both in the mind and as an Esper); if she weren't controlled by Kamachi (I laugh at myself writing this), I'm sure she would do her best to help and not stand there like an idiot.
That's not the most powerful character, but who cares? She's still a Level 5 with an awesome personality. An atomic bomb that has power, and will (well... should have) to change many things!

EDIT: that said, we still get too much tsundere behavior, it's true... (I like this character for other reasons)

Overall, I think Kamachi hasn't been doing a good job with her; I mean, he's not being realistic. To me, the fact that Mikoto is being forcefully kept out of the action is hardly deniable. Really.
bizzi is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 18:13   Link #7975
MonkeyDude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzi View Post
Hinegami and Fukiyose have like (for the moment) no potential. Mikoto is a far more interesting character as she's got potential to do things. I'm not saying she would be drastically useful against magicians (she would still help though), but she is a powerful character (both in the mind and as an Esper); if she weren't controlled by Kamachi (I laugh at myself writing this), I'm sure she would do her best to help and not stand there like an idiot.
That's not the most powerful character, but who cares? She's still a Level 5 with an awesome personality. An atomic bomb that has power, and will (well... should have) to change many things!
I wouldn't call rolfstomping mooks interesting in the slightest. She's a powerful character, but she's not 'broken' powerful so she's about as useful as a lead weight when it concerns antagonists Touma actually fights. She would do her best to help as a background/supporting character (like what she did in Volume 22), but she can never be in the spotlight with the current abilities she possesses.

Hell let's say she was actually involved in the events of Volume 13 besides beating up on mooks (yeah Hound Dogs are mooks in the grand scheme of things) and actually fought Vento and maybe even Fuse. Well for one thing she won't accomplish jack besides get lolowned by Divine Punishment. Useful, right?

She's 'protected' because her personality will end up getting her killed. Still helping out even if she is a Level 0? That's the kind of mindset that will get you killed. She's pretty much like Touma except without IB and hey IB is pretty much the main reason the guy can survive his fights against 'broken' characters.
MonkeyDude is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 18:22   Link #7976
bizzi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: France
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
I wouldn't call rolfstomping mooks interesting in the slightest. She's a powerful character, but she's not 'broken' powerful so she's about as useful as a lead weight when it concerns antagonists Touma actually fights. She would do her best to help as a background/supporting character (like what she did in Volume 22), but she can never be in the spotlight with the current abilities she possesses.

Hell let's say she was actually involved in the events of Volume 13 besides beating up on mooks (yeah Hound Dogs are mooks in the grand scheme of things) and actually fought Vento and maybe even Fuse. Well for one thing she won't accomplish jack besides get lolowned by Divine Punishment. Useful, right?

She's 'protected' because her personality will end up getting her killed. Still helping out even if she is a Level 0? That's the kind of mindset that will get you killed. She's pretty much like Touma except without IB and hey IB is pretty much the main reason the guy can survive his fights against 'broken' characters.
I agree with this, however, a character like Mikoto always has the possibility to be "in the spotlight" without being killed. It's a fiction, everything is possible! Just consider Saten or Amai Ao (or even Kihara, and many others).
Kamachi could've done great things with her...
That said we still got new volumes coming, and as Mikoto is one of Kamachi's favorite characters, I'm pretty sure he'll change that.

PS sorry I edited my post before you posted yours
bizzi is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 18:23   Link #7977
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Wrong Shinji, wrong.

Did you forgot why Tsuchimikado is still alive?
Because he still is of value for both sides.

What happened when Ellis and Sherry got together?
Their little group got crushed by outside organizations.

Mikoto has no value anymore than her clones and I'm sure it was already stated that the Level 5 are expendable. Mikoto isn't exception there. If she gets involved in the Magic Side dark business there is no doubt she will be targeted to be killed like Touma is. And you know Touma won't be in Academy City forever and each magician who comes after the preview is more tricky and even more broken and Mikoto isn't the type of character to sit around when something happens and thats her flaw, she tries to do all on her own and fails for that so, if she ever gets involved with the darkness be it from the magic on from the science which she even can't deal with there is no doubt she will fail again.
The main thing you're doing wrong here is assuming that any of this affects how Mikoto acts; does she know if she'd be targeted for anything? No. Even if she did, would that scare her out of helping Touma? No. You're also assuming that she'd fail if she tried to get involved. Just because she couldn't stop the SISTERS project DOES NOT mean she'd failat anything. That's a horrible example. Touma only solved the problem because he's a special case; a Level 0 who actually has an ability, and one that's specifically useful against Accelerator. (and that alone should have defeated his reasoning that the scientists would stop the experiment if a common Level 0 defeated the strongest Level 5; Touma's IB is far from weak or common, but that's just another one of several forced issues in Index)
A lot of people keep thinking Mikoto would be in over her head if she got involved with magicians. Where is this logic coming from? Shiage is a level 0 who uses tactics to win fights against Espers, so why is it so hard to imagine Mikot can use tactics in conjunction with her powers to win fights? (which she already does, as proven in Railgun)

Quote:
1. She hasn't any other choice.
2. Except, the only civilian in danger could be Index.
3. Can be the third, but pales in comparison to Number 2 by far.
4. Because Touma was there and being Level 5 or not, a civilian still is a civilian.
1. How does she not have a choice? That makes no sense, and you don't even explain why she has no choice. Hyouka hjas nothing that stops her from being teleported. Get Index and Hyouka out first; they all knew Mikoto and Touma were safer than the former two.
2. You're ignoring a big fact here; nobody there at that moment had any idea Hyouka was special in any way. To them at that moment, she was a helpless civilian.
3. You're trying to go around my point; Mikoto is a powerful esper who just a little earlier had proven she can handle herself against Sherry. Hence, she's in neglectable danger, especially in comparison to Hyouka.
4. What are you talking about? We're talking about how Mikoto being chosen to be teleported out over Hyouka was forced and illogical. What does Touma have to do with that? It doesn't matter if Touma was there or not; Hyouka was in far more danger (as far as they knew) than Mikoto, so she should have been given priotrity. Instead, they get Mikoto out. Why? Because if Kamachi had kept her there, she would have been there with Touma to confront Sherry. Plot hole.

Quote:
Hyouka can't die like that.
Refer back to number 1 above; you're ignoring the fact that Touma and co. didn't know that, and neither did Hyouka herself even.

Quote:
The AntiSkill were supposed to be fighting against the "terrorist" so, there is a margin of confidence.
You just ignored what I said. It doesn't matter how much confidence they have; their priority is to protect civilians, in other words getting them out of harms way, not leaving them there while they fight the bad guys. It's common sense for police, military, and anybody who watches movies/TV series of either.

Quote:
Then why not Kaori? Stiyl? Those 2 for example won't give a damn about which side if their friends are in danger.
You're also misunderstanding me; I'm not saying put mikoto in every arc. I'm saying don't make dumb reasons for keeping her out of the action. Kaori and Stiyl get plenty of action whenever they appear. (when they don't appear in a scene in some place distant from the action, anyway)

Quote:
Wouldn't be that is forced she has to appear every arc even when she isn't that relevant?
That IS special treatment. You know very well this, character like Himegami, Fukiyose, etc would have been developed instead sending them to the oblivion, and what we get? Mikoto tsundere to please fans .
Refer to above; you're misunderstanding my point.

Quote:
Thars called "teasing" .
Okay, so you already know I'm not saying she should be in every arc, but you're still saying that's my point?
If that's teasing, then Stiyl or Kaori or Itsuwa only appearing in certain arcs is the same thing.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 18:24   Link #7978
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
"Once in a while?" She appears almost every episode.
You're getting a little off point; yes the series is named after her, but that doesn't affect how often Mikoto should appear. They're not mutually exclusive. Considering how they're the main two rivals for Touma if anything they would be mutually inclusive.
If the author wanted to use Mikoto to draw in readers, the last thing he would do is keep her out. Those two things are mutually exclusive.
You seem to be misunderstanding me (although my exact wording of one or two specific sentences probably contributed to that); I'm not saying Mikoto should appear in every arc, I'm saying don't make forced and dumb reasons for keeping her out of the action when she does appear.
There's a difference between Toaru Index and Toaru Railgun; Touma just doesn't appear much at all in Railgun, while in Index, Mikoto keeps appearing but gets kept out of the action with forced reasoning. Also, when Touma does appear in Railgun and there's action happening or about to happen, he gets in on it. (sometimes he's even the source of the action) Mikoto doesn't get much of any action at all in Index
1.what i mean though is index too is there but touma keeps her out of it.
2.Like i said the author gives enough mikoto when necessary,too much of something is bad, as for when mikoto is next to the fights like i say its gonna be one of those "help out once help out all the time things". Touma and mikoto together is like a war machine. He blocks the attack like an ultimate shield and she shoots a fukn railgun. Its a hax/broken team. The author probably doesn't want much of this I mean heck all season people complained cuz they find touma overpowered even though his power is fair but he KOs people in 1 hit.
3. Reason why Touma doesn't appear in railgun is because he's not a part of the story while mikoto is a character and a main one at that in index. Its not his fault someone wanted to make a different story. Only time action happened in railgun with touma was when mikoto wanted to fight him like twice. In the manga he's there for the SISTERs arc but its a crossover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Mikoto has enough value to keep her around in Academy City, hence the incident in SS1. Her value goes to the image of Academy City, not the black projects of Aleister.




The way I see the author's mindset, is that he tends to keep his favorite girls out of harms way. This is something I'm also guilty of when I first started my OC making 'career'. The romance interest to my character is locked down tighter than Fort Knox, Area 51, the White House, Langley, and the Pentagon combined.

But then I realize that the best couples that people like, are the ones to do things together, nobody likes the whole "I'll protect you" mentality, the best way to go is "Lets do this together".

Hopefully New Testament would handle their characters better.
I think its more that people want 2 strong characters instead of lets work together. Im sorry but lets work together is one of those gay quotes in stories. Anyway that why touma and mikoto go together Cool guy+cool girl=cool couple.

Now excuse me while i try to go get F'd up in the park.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 18:38   Link #7979
MonkeyDude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzi View Post
I agree with this, however, a character like Mikoto always has the possibility to be "in the spotlight" without being killed. It's a fiction, everything is possible! Just consider Saten or Amai Ao (or even Kihara, and many others).
Kamachi could've done great things with her...
That said we still got new volumes coming, and as Mikoto is one of Kamachi's favorite characters, I'm pretty sure he'll change that.

PS sorry I edited my post before you posted yours
She does, but not when it comes to the world Touma lives in. She has her own gaiden that allows her to be the hero of her own little bubble...shouldn't that be enough for fans? She served no real purpose in Index besides the SISTERS arc...so yeah maybe NT she'll do something...still Index though so I doubt it.

I don't mind if Kamachi still keeps shoving Mikoto into the story just to please the fans, but for the love of god he better not have her pull some ridiculous crap just to cave in to fan demands. That's just horrid writing right there. Already have a Shiage pulling that one...
MonkeyDude is offline  
Old 2011-02-20, 18:50   Link #7980
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
I wouldn't call rolfstomping mooks interesting in the slightest. She's a powerful character, but she's not 'broken' powerful so she's about as useful as a lead weight when it concerns antagonists Touma actually fights. She would do her best to help as a background/supporting character (like what she did in Volume 22), but she can never be in the spotlight with the current abilities she possesses.
So the only reason a powerful character should get action is if they're broken powerful? Huh? This whole part reaks of "makes no sense."

Quote:
Hell let's say she was actually involved in the events of Volume 13 besides beating up on mooks (yeah Hound Dogs are mooks in the grand scheme of things) and actually fought Vento and maybe even Fuse. Well for one thing she won't accomplish jack besides get lolowned by Divine Punishment. Useful, right?
Except you're not considering that Mikoto would try to help regardless, and furthermore she wouldn't be going into the fight knowing about Divine Punishment in the first place. You're relying entirely too much on out-of-series and "calling the score after the game is over" reasons.

Quote:
She's 'protected' because her personality will end up getting her killed. Still helping out even if she is a Level 0? That's the kind of mindset that will get you killed. She's pretty much like Touma except without IB and hey IB is pretty much the main reason the guy can survive his fights against 'broken' characters.
Well she's not a Level 0 and is instead a powerful Level 5, so......
And yet characters like Itsuwa and Kaori, characters without IB, get to help him out in fights. It makes no sense why Mikoto is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
1.what i mean though is index too is there but touma keeps her out of it.
2.Like i said the author gives enough mikoto when necessary,too much of something is bad, as for when mikoto is next to the fights like i say its gonna be one of those "help out once help out all the time things". Touma and mikoto together is like a war machine. He blocks the attack like an ultimate shield and she shoots a fukn railgun. Its a hax/broken team. The author probably doesn't want much of this I mean heck all season people complained cuz they find touma overpowered even though his power is fair but he KOs people in 1 hit.
3. Reason why Touma doesn't appear in railgun is because he's not a part of the story while mikoto is a character and a main one at that in index. Its not his fault someone wanted to make a different story. Only time action happened in railgun with touma was when mikoto wanted to fight him like twice. In the manga he's there for the SISTERs arc but its a crossover.
1. Which is also a forced problem this series has; why would Index and Mikoto listen to Touma and stay away? What's he going to do to stop them?
2. Again, I'm not saying Mikoto should be in every arc, but it's dumb and ridiculous that she keeps getting forced out by Kamachi's "convenient" developments/events when she is there.
You're seriously overestimating Mikoto still; she would not make Touma invinceable. She's powerful, but she's not a steamroller.
Amusingly enough others like Wilfriback say she's not powerful enough, and would just get killed. Sounds like you and guys like him are in conflict on reasoning. She can't be both too strong and too weak. (I don't think she's either, of course)
3. You're missing the point entirely; how often Touma appears in Railgun is irrelevant. It's the fact that he gets to do something every time he appears during/around a fight in Railgun, while Mikoto is just there on the sidelines every time she appears in Index. His first appearnace saw a duel between the. And you're forgetting about the next time he appeared, when he save Mikot and that girl from the teddy bear bomb; short but largely significant, in contrast to Mikoto who gets nothing done in Index.

Quote:
I think its more that people want 2 strong characters instead of lets work together. Im sorry but lets work together is one of those gay quotes in stories. Anyway that why touma and mikoto go together Cool guy+cool girl=cool couple.
Err, "let's work together" is "teamwork," the basis of any even remotely effective strategy/mindset. If you think a teamwork mindset is gay, then.........well, you're not thinking right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
She does, but not when it comes to the world Touma lives in. She has her own gaiden that allows her to be the hero of her own little bubble...shouldn't that be enough for fans? She served no real purpose in Index besides the SISTERS arc...so yeah maybe NT she'll do something...still Index though so I doubt it.

I don't mind if Kamachi still keeps shoving Mikoto into the story just to please the fans, but for the love of god he better not have her pull some ridiculous crap just to cave in to fan demands. That's just horrid writing right there. Already have a Shiage pulling that one...
You're also missing the point here.....
Why does everybody keep fixating on Railgun? I doubt Touma and Mikoto are thinking about how Mikoto has her own sidestory......
It's horrid writing that's keeping her out of action that's happening right next to her. Need to keep her from running into Sherry Cromwell? Have Touma and Kuorko get mixed up priorities and leave the defenseless girl in harm's way while getting the Level 5 out. Want to keep them away again? Have Sphinx suddenly run away for no reason to seperate Mikoto from Index. Plot holes/forced reasoning. And the list only gets worse later in the series.
__________________
Shinji103 is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.