AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-11, 22:52   Link #8641
Sandinwater
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
1.- Touma is a classic shounen hero, without a lot of the flaws I agree.
2.- No story isnt over, that doesnt mean Touma should lose focus, but this is a share spotlight story
3.- They didnt act human, its been stated over and over that if they request mercy he would have stopm there are worse examples that are liked on fiction like Light and Leloch or however u spell it.
3: They looked like a human, They sound like a human, and damn I'm sure they would smell like a human. No human deserves to die, they only deserve to die if they made another human die, and don't say "Oh but Touma killed Aureolus Izzard" ok hey killed him to stop HIM from KILLING a HUMAN.
__________________
The world is not enough...
Sandinwater is offline  
Old 2011-03-11, 22:55   Link #8642
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
The world won't end in 2012 cuz my cereal doesn't expire till 2014
best joke i heard in years
__________________
Level 5 in Black
IppoTsuko is offline  
Old 2011-03-11, 22:57   Link #8643
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandinwater View Post
3: They looked like a human, They sound like a human, and damn I'm sure they would smell like a human. No human deserves to die, they only deserve to die if they made another human die, and don't say "Oh but Touma killed Aureolus Izzard" ok hey killed him to stop HIM from KILLING a HUMAN.
Do you stop to think on the lives of a cow, a lab rabbit? same issue here you can look as human as you want but if you lack the will, you arent really different.

Your moral view is alright for you, but everyone is entail to try to redeem themselves, Accelerator at least try, others dont even if they kill less and evén if they stop they dont try to make up for what they did.
Phibrizzo is offline  
Old 2011-03-11, 23:00   Link #8644
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Academy City
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
To tell u the truth, I don't really give a damn about this series since a scum like Accel and the trash like Hamazura became the main leads. They used to be villains before and back then they're the most pathetic characters out of all the casts in this series imo. They have such fraudience excuses like "their life suck" while Hamazura should be able to live just fine if not involving himself with the garbage Skill-out, Accel shouldn't accept Level 6 Shift project in the first place etc.
ANd heck, they became quite popular. While other minor villains are all killed off like trash by them. I don't understand humans.
if Accel never accepted it, then other Level 5s will take over and as they are weaker, more clones will be needed and more ppl will die
__________________
Level 5 in Black
IppoTsuko is offline  
Old 2011-03-11, 23:02   Link #8645
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by IppoTsuko View Post
if Accel never accepted it, then other Level 5s will take over and as they are weaker, more clones will be needed and more ppl will die
Incorrect the only 2 capable of get lvl 6 are Kakine and Accelerator and from to Accelerator, I would dare to say accelerator is less evil.

And so´u would be ok wtih Mikoto killing off clones?
Phibrizzo is offline  
Old 2011-03-11, 23:14   Link #8646
Sandinwater
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Do you stop to think on the lives of a cow, a lab rabbit? same issue here you can look as human as you want but if you lack the will, you arent really different.

Your moral view is alright for you, but everyone is entail to try to redeem themselves, Accelerator at least try, others dont even if they kill less and evén if they stop they dont try to make up for what they did.
Killing a cow and killing a lab rabbit are completely different from killing you and me, Killing a cow is used to help and support human life by us HUMANS consuming the beef from the cow. And a lab rat is used to help cure illnesses and diseases to help and support HUMAN LIFE. And as for as I know lol they weren't using the clones for helping humanity.
__________________
The world is not enough...
Sandinwater is offline  
Old 2011-03-11, 23:21   Link #8647
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandinwater View Post
And a sisters are used to help understand SYSTEM and support HUMAN LIFE. And as for as I know lol they weren't using the animals for helping humanity.
Those are just technicism for AC, you know?
__________________
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2011-03-11, 23:23   Link #8648
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Who say the rabbit was used for that, probably its been used as a test subject for a biological weapon, pretty much the same use of the clones, which never show human will, or sense of themselves.

Also you are using the term "HUMAN" yet we are a aminal also, if there was a higher thinking animal I am sure killing us would be like killing a bug to them, this is kinda the view that science has on the studends of academy city, they are samples basically.
Phibrizzo is offline  
Old 2011-03-11, 23:32   Link #8649
Sandinwater
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Who say the rabbit was used for that, probably its been used as a test subject for a biological weapon, pretty much the same use of the clones, which never show human will, or sense of themselves.

Also you are using the term "HUMAN" yet we are a aminal also, if there was a higher thinking animal I am sure killing us would be like killing a bug to them, this is kinda the view that science has on the studends of academy city, they are samples basically.
Ok ok you win, I just don't want to start a fight over a cartoon lol
__________________
The world is not enough...
Sandinwater is offline  
Old 2011-03-11, 23:36   Link #8650
TeddyJ
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
here's a little sip-bit about Accelerator from wiki

Quote:
Due to the potential of his ability, Accelerator has been targeted by assassins and researchers throughout his life. As a result, he believes only in power and trusts no one. While fighting, he invokes fear and has a sadistic tone. He willingly joins the SISTER experiment to gain a reputation as the most powerful and feared psychic so that no one would dare be foolish enough to challenge him and won't hesitate to kill any who get in his way. The Sisters' memories of his behavior during the experiment may suggest that he is, in a way, a pacifist; because his power won't disappear, the only way he sees an end to the fighting is to be so strong and sadistic that no one would dare to raise a finger against him. He even seems to attempt to frighten the Sisters out of fighting or otherwise encourage them to refuse their battles.
I also recall seeing his memory of the first experiment: in it he was upset to find out that the experiment was "kill the person in front of you" and refuse to do so until the researchers drilled it into his head that:

1) they (the clones) weren't humans

and

2) they (the researchers) would let him out until he killed her

even then he did it grudgingly.
TeddyJ is offline  
Old 2011-03-11, 23:40   Link #8651
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Is Aleister considered the 'darkside' of Academy City, or is there some unknown faction yet to be named that'll take that label...?

I just recently started reading the novels and find hard to believe that he doesn't have a hand in it. He seems to have his fingers in everything that's going on in the city that he'd probably know when a mouse farts. So I kind of find it hard to believe he's not aware of some organization that calls the dark underbelly of the city home...

I don't want to be spoiled yet if it does happen, but it be pretty nice to see Touma go meet him face to face. The puppet meeting the puppet master...
Johnny is offline  
Old 2011-03-11, 23:49   Link #8652
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Is Aleister considered the 'darkside' of Academy City, or is there some unknown faction yet to be named that'll take that label...?

I just recently started reading the novels and find hard to believe that he doesn't have a hand in it. He seems to have his fingers in everything that's going on in the city that he'd probably know when a mouse farts. So I kind of find it hard to believe he's not aware of some organization that calls the dark underbelly of the city home...
Whoot?
Aleister IS main face of Academy City' dark side.
And yes, you're correct he even knows when a mouse farts just because he can.

Aleister is Academy City's #1 stalker. Sorry, Unabara.
__________________

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-03-12 at 00:06.
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2011-03-11, 23:53   Link #8653
Sandinwater
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Minnesota
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Whoot?
Aleister IS main face of Academy City' dark side.
And yes, you're correc he even knows when a mouse farts because he can.

Aleister is Academy City's #1 stalker. Sorry, Unabara.
Lol Kuroko is still #1 on my list. XD
__________________
The world is not enough...
Sandinwater is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 00:06   Link #8654
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandinwater View Post
Lol Kuroko is still #1 on my list. XD
She doesn't have a freaking nanomachines network looking at you from every angle.


BTW, new update on SS2

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me2_Chapter_17
__________________
Miraluka is online now  
Old 2011-03-12, 00:14   Link #8655
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Whoot?
Aleister IS main face of Academy City' dark side.
And yes, you're correct he even knows when a mouse farts just because he can.

Aleister is Academy City's #1 stalker. Sorry, Unabara.
Thanks. Guess creepy guy upside down automatically warrants you the title of villain...
Johnny is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 00:38   Link #8656
shmaster
あらゆるものは意味を持たない
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 窮極の彼方
New Testament GET!!! Thank god my copy was shipped out before the quake hit!! Now begin reading!!!
shmaster is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 02:13   Link #8657
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandinwater View Post
3: They looked like a human, They sound like a human, and damn I'm sure they would smell like a human. No human deserves to die, they only deserve to die if they made another human die, and don't say "Oh but Touma killed Aureolus Izzard" ok hey killed him to stop HIM from KILLING a HUMAN.
I know this topic is dropped already, but I'd just like to mention that Aureolus Izzard ISN'T dead...

Stiyl use his flame magic to reshape Aureolus' face and let him go, since after being chomped up by Touma's Dragon arm Aureolus' mind got wiped. Stiyl was being merciful, since if Aureolus was captured the various Churches might torture him on the off chance he'll remember, for the sake of acquiring Ars Magna, a alchemy that no-one else has achieved before.
Flere821 is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 02:23   Link #8658
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
New Testament GET!!! Thank god my copy was shipped out before the quake hit!! Now begin reading!!!
Looking forward to your spoilers to find out what exactly is New Testament about
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-03-12, 02:33   Link #8659
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: At the darkness beyond time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I know this topic is dropped already, but I'd just like to mention that Aureolus Izzard ISN'T dead...

Stiyl use his flame magic to reshape Aureolus' face and let him go, since after being chomped up by Touma's Dragon arm Aureolus' mind got wiped. Stiyl was being merciful, since if Aureolus was captured the various Churches might torture him on the off chance he'll remember, for the sake of acquiring Ars Magna, a alchemy that no-one else has achieved before.
well i always had the thougth that touma migth have killed aurrelous, and that was a lie of stiyl just beign nice to touma in return of his help, but the blood of that scene is supposed to be omitted in the DVD version so im not too sure now.
__________________
zeniselv is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 04:25   Link #8660
NutShell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
New Testament GET!!! Thank god my copy was shipped out before the quake hit!! Now begin reading!!!
spoiler pliz

thanks god save the release date
NutShell is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.