AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-12, 10:33   Link #8681
cubicjack
Kino fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Silvercross? What's that?
Silvercross (or Silverclaws, or Silverclaus, or whatever the Katakana is supposed to translate into) is the one working with Kuroyoru. He has a big collection of mech....er I mean powered suits, including that eight-legged one and the Five Over. He even gave his own body cyborg-like capabilities with a powered suit (as opposed to Kuroyoru, who actually became a cyborg).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So basically it's a crackdown by Aleister to clean house of all the elements that is causing him trouble in his own backyard?
It's a crackdown, but whether or not Aleister still cares about those 2, I don't know. That upside-down being is too unpredictable.

But apparently, the higher ups didn't order to kill Accel and Hamazura. After WW3, both Accelerator and Hamazura "negotiated" with the higher ups of AC, but since Accel and Hamazura were working individually, the higher ups didn't see them as much of a threat, so didn't send anyone after them. However, these "freshmen" see Accelerator and Hamazura as an obstacle, and since they are preparing for another battle with the magic side, the obstacle would only get in their way. As a way to remedy this situation, the "freshmen" used Fremea to get Accelerator and Hamazura to work together so that the higher ups will recognize them as a threat and would allow them to be killed.
cubicjack is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 11:04   Link #8682
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Silvercross (or Silverclaws, or Silverclaus, or whatever the Katakana is supposed to translate into) is the one working with Kuroyoru. He has a big collection of mech....er I mean powered suits, including that eight-legged one and the Five Over. He even gave his own body cyborg-like capabilities with a powered suit (as opposed to Kuroyoru, who actually became a cyborg).
Their mecha and cyborg technology seem to be sky-rocketing ever since the start of WW3

It's only been a month and they're rolling out more models than a Gundam series


Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
It's a crackdown, but whether or not Aleister still cares about those 2, I don't know. That upside-down being is too unpredictable.

But apparently, the higher ups didn't order to kill Accel and Hamazura. After WW3, both Accelerator and Hamazura "negotiated" with the higher ups of AC, but since Accel and Hamazura were working individually, the higher ups didn't see them as much of a threat, so didn't send anyone after them. However, these "freshmen" see Accelerator and Hamazura as an obstacle, and since they are preparing for another battle with the magic side, the obstacle would only get in their way. As a way to remedy this situation, the "freshmen" used Fremea to get Accelerator and Hamazura to work together so that the higher ups will recognize them as a threat and would allow them to be killed.
So this new faction that Kuroyoru belongs to, it's a group specifically put together for attacking Magicians? And for some reason she's (It's a she right? Can't be too sure...) is convinced that Accelerator and Hamazura, who wants nothing to do with all this, could somehow still hinder their objectives and decide to fabricate an excuse to get them together?

Wow, that's alot of trouble to go through just to green lit two guys....
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 11:04   Link #8683
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
So lucky ><. Gonna took me a while before my copy arrived ><
kuroishinigami is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 11:08   Link #8684
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's only been a month and they're rolling out more models than a Gundam series
Quick! Someone get Accelerator to fight against ISes and MAJOs!

As for Shiage, honestly, I can't think of any suitable matchups for him
Sleep_ping is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 11:14   Link #8685
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Quick! Someone get Accelerator to fight against ISes and MAJOs!
I want to see the ISes fight against the HsF-00s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
As for Shiage, honestly, I can't think of any suitable matchups for him
What's wrong with an honest to God shootout gangster style ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 11:22   Link #8686
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Ellinia
Age: 23
Do you see any yakuza in TAMnI? The closest we get is Bardway.
Sleep_ping is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 11:22   Link #8687
cubicjack
Kino fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So this new faction that Kuroyoru belongs to, it's a group specifically put together for attacking Magicians? And for some reason she's (It's a she right? Can't be too sure...) is convinced that Accelerator and Hamazura, who wants nothing to do with all this, could somehow still hinder their objectives and decide to fabricate an excuse to get them together?

Wow, that's alot of trouble to go through just to green light two guys....
Well we don't know much about this new faction, except for the implication that they do know about the magic side. They just want to be in the best condition for battle and be able to fight at any time, but people like Accelerator and Hamazura might be in their way when it comes to that. And if they just killed them, the higher ups would probably not be happy. That's why they need to find a way to convince the higher ups that Accel and Hamazura should be killed.
cubicjack is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 11:30   Link #8688
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Do you see any yakuza in TAMnI? The closest we get is Bardway.
Anybody with guns with do, there's no shortage of well trained, well armed personnel in this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Well we don't know much about this new faction, except for the implication that they do know about the magic side. They just want to be in the best condition for battle and be able to fight at any time, but people like Accelerator and Hamazura might be in their way when it comes to that. And if they just killed them, the higher ups would probably not be happy. That's why they need to find a way to convince the higher ups that Accel and Hamazura should be killed.
Fair enough- If it wasn't for Accelerator, Hound Dog would have had the Angel virus up and running sooner instead of letting Vento reek havoc throughout the city.

On the plus side, it looks like they stop relying on Touma as their last line of defense, and since Necessarius would probably stop assisting them anymore, they would need a new defense against the tricky magic side.

Interesting... Espers can't use magic, but what about Cyborgs ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 11:37   Link #8689
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Well we don't know much about this new faction, except for the implication that they do know about the magic side. They just want to be in the best condition for battle and be able to fight at any time, but people like Accelerator and Hamazura might be in their way when it comes to that. And if they just killed them, the higher ups would probably not be happy. That's why they need to find a way to convince the higher ups that Accel and Hamazura should be killed.
With touma and barway in the picture guess things just got complicated right ? Does index and mikoto know that touma alive ??
kaizerknight01 is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 11:39   Link #8690
Zakoo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Gensokyo
No they don't, they barely appeared saw respectively by Accelerator and Shiage.
Zakoo is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 12:24   Link #8691
Plant42
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ashiarai-Yashiki
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
Finally finished reading NT. Some impressions:
Spoiler for New Testament impressions:
And it's end up implying us that Heavy Object itself is just a fictional work in To-aru verse.
Plant42 is online now  
Old 2011-03-12, 12:40   Link #8692
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I hope we still get a lot of the Magic Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Interesting... Espers can't use magic, but what about Cyborgs ?
Those Science Side bastards!
__________________

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 13:52   Link #8693
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So this new faction that Kuroyoru belongs to, it's a group specifically put together for attacking Magicians? And for some reason she's (It's a she right? Can't be too sure...)
On the first images leaked about her (the contents page) her gender clearly was revealed.

Baka tsuki is still not stable, switching from up and down frequently. Right now the updates I noticed are a couple of extra parts on chapter 2 of volume 6 and chapter 17 of SS2
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 15:34   Link #8694
endarion88
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Gensokio
Age: 26
still no news about if the autor is alright?
endarion88 is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 15:38   Link #8695
pampz21
ripApart
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA
rather than spoiler parts I'll wait for the translation!

1 Question: So basically Touma's alive and how many months has gone by since the end of WW3
and the hell is this "freshmens" trying to kill Accel? r they good or just like hound dogs they're dogs of Aliester?
__________________


to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life


pampz21 is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 18:04   Link #8696
NutShell
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
SS 2 vol 18Link

when a hot kunoichi jump to hanzo, to just get his baby and hanazo flee

the only reason Hanzou is a gay
NutShell is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 18:27   Link #8697
Chaos2Frozen
:)
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
I hope we still get a lot of the Magic Side

IMO The magic side needs better characters, as it stands the only pov I'm interested in is Ollerus' trio, and maybe Index's if she chooses to act on her own.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 20:26   Link #8698
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
For the 'Heavy Object' reference, it's the plot of a movie that Shiage took Rikou to see after Saiai suggested it. Shiage thought it was a bad choice as it's really not that romantic.

Though I have to mention Heavy Object isn't that bad... what it (relatively) lacks in serious and convoluted plot when compared with Index is more than made up by the comedy, innuendos and heaps and heaps of Dakka (Though it might just be that WW3 eclipses anything else, really). The series is based around war machines that can shrug off nukes like nothing, and there's even a 25-mach projectile weapon in the 2nd book.

And also, the Chinese people have started to translate NT, but it's only part way through the prologue right now. WW3 is over, and everyone's back to AC. Shiage took Rikou out on a date to watch a movie, and later the 2 of them will meet up with Mugino and Saiai.
Flere821 is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 21:10   Link #8699
cubicjack
Kino fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
On the first images leaked about her (the contents page) her gender clearly was revealed.
Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised is she made some.......other changes to her body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
1 Question: So basically Touma's alive and how many months has gone by since the end of WW3
and the hell is this "freshmens" trying to kill Accel? r they good or just like hound dogs they're dogs of Aliester?
That's kind of what I answered in my last post. As for whether or not they're "good", well, I don't think anyone could give you an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
IMO The magic side needs better characters, as it stands the only pov I'm interested in is Ollerus' trio, and maybe Index's if she chooses to act on her own.
Not even Bardway?
cubicjack is offline  
Old 2011-03-12, 21:24   Link #8700
sento
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutShell View Post
SS 2 vol 18Link

when a hot kunoichi jump to hanzo, to just get his baby and hanazo flee

the only reason Hanzou is a gay
Nah, he just want to fuck Yomikawa.

Poor guy.
sento is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.