AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-20, 09:51   Link #13481
ellifeedn
Thinker
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: New York
Translation for the Stiyl SS has started.
ellifeedn is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 10:24   Link #13482
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Don't ask me... I'm just the messenger.

__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-08-20, 11:13   Link #13483
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
^ Yet the craving to ask doesn't go away.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 11:15   Link #13484
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Well apparently Index SP is the new number one something... And seems big enough to appear on TV I think...
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-08-20, 11:24   Link #13485
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Well you won't believe where I found it in Kino....Not in the LN section BTW
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 11:36   Link #13486
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well you won't believe where I found it in Kino....Not in the LN section BTW
Surprise me

I couldn't find any New Testament volumes at all, let alone the SP.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-08-20, 11:50   Link #13487
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
I am guessing it finally got number 1 in the general book category.

Remember this?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ces-in-another
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 11:56   Link #13488
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
^ That's probably it... I wouldn't be surprised if an OAV was made out of SP.

Anyway, I wonder if this makes a suitable subject for discussion but I wanted to comment on how cool the magic name is.

From the early explanations I knew that the magic name was related to the magician abilities and personal philosophy, but with Birdway's explanation (and Kanzaki's monologues) it's clear that it is a lot more than that. I think it has to do with Aleister's (the real one) concept of "true will" which was inspired by Nietzche's "will to power."

Being under the concept of "true will" would mean that the magician's name, or purpose of existence, is not really chosen but rather discovered by "aligning" to the universe... or something like that.

It may also be that the magician's name sets their destined path, as drawn by the universe... perhaps similar to the red string of fate... Those magicians that lose their purpose fall into despair except for the ones that encountered Imagine Breaker, so maybe he cuts that connection to the universe allowing them for find a new purpose? ... hmm.. maybe I should have posted this in the speculations thread.

Last edited by leukrota; 2011-08-20 at 12:09.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 12:18   Link #13489
julioalqae
the pragma
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: bandoeng
Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
wow..... i hope next year..will become a year of TAMNI's glory
__________________
julioalqae is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 12:28   Link #13490
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
http://www.tbs.co.jp/brunch/book_buzz/

Was right.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 13:30   Link #13491
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Translation for the Stiyl SS has started.
KomoexStiyl is canon.
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 13:33   Link #13492
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
KomoexStiyl is canon.
Stiyl x Patricia is canon, he is only into real lolis.

Kanzaki SS Chapter 1 part 10 updated.
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 13:39   Link #13493
zaeraal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Also the Fanfare was updated http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...nki_no_Fanfare
and Illustrations from Index SP were uploaded http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in..._Illustrations
zaeraal is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 13:40   Link #13494
Cosmic Eagle
卍曼荼羅・無量大数
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 大欲界天狗道
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Surprise me

I couldn't find any New Testament volumes at all, let alone the SP.
In the Japanese kids' section with all other elementary school kids books
__________________
Cosmic Eagle is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 13:56   Link #13495
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
@zaeraal: Good job!

Quote:
"Two level 5s and one really important related person; What experiment were they doing?"
"Why happened in Tokiwadai's park!?"
It's an abnormal situation that the Anti-Skills are all jumpy about.
The reason behind it was,
Just because of a loss of 120 yen at a certain vending machine.
*Facepalm*

Quote:
“How do you think he rose to such a high position?” the tour guide replied to Kanzaki’s question. “The Anglican Church has the special anti-magician unit of Necessarius. It seems that bishop was rewarded for supplying a large number of personnel for Necessarius.”
“How is that suspicious?”
“…What if about 50% of the people he supplied had lost their parents in accidents or other incidents? And what if another 30% had been abandoned due to their parents being in debt?”
“You don’t mean…”
“As I said, these are nothing more than suspicions. There are no connections between each individual incident, but that bishop simply finds children like that too often. It is possible that he carries out some kind of ‘preliminary arrangements’ in order to gain personnel…”
Its resumed in two words:
Children traffic.

Quote:
The bottom of his shoe trampled on something hard.
It was a human face burned black to the extent that not even the expression could be read.
It looked like a failed attempt at making a cookie. There was not even the slightest moist feeling in the portions that were split open.
Its true Stiyl doesn't feels anything when he decides to kill.
__________________
Your last hope!

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-08-20 at 14:10.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 14:11   Link #13496
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Sooooooo.

JC staff this fall is doing
-an anime for shana 3
-the friends club anime
-Bakuman 2 anime
-a re-airing of ZNT

Then January
-milky Holmes anime

Then just now I read that there will be a Hidan no Aria 2.

Does it look good for an Index anime?
Then just now I
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 14:27   Link #13497
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
If you are talking about BokuTomo, JC Staff isn't doing the friends club anime but AIC.
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 14:37   Link #13498
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Sooooooo.

JC staff this fall is doing
-an anime for shana 3
-the friends club anime
-Bakuman 2 anime
-a re-airing of ZNT

Then January
-milky Holmes anime

Then just now I read that there will be a Hidan no Aria 2.

Does it look good for an Index anime?
Then just now I
Milky Holmes? Hidan no Aria 2?

ugh... I really disliked those...

I'm all for Shana 3, but I really hope they don't mess it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If you are talking about BokuTomo, JC Staff isn't doing the friends club anime but AIC.
AIC? They did Oreimo right?

... At least their animation is more stable than J.C. Staff's
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 14:44   Link #13499
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: The 305
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If you are talking about BokuTomo, JC Staff isn't doing the friends club anime but AIC.
I thought I read JC Staff somewhere.
I_am_Kami is offline  
Old 2011-08-20, 17:43   Link #13500
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
In the Japanese kids' section with all other elementary school kids books
I would so love for a kid to pick up that book....


Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
^ That's probably it... I wouldn't be surprised if an OAV was made out of SP.
Yeah, the SP are better material to make the OVAs out of than SS2.


Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Anyway, I wonder if this makes a suitable subject for discussion but I wanted to comment on how cool the magic name is.

From the early explanations I knew that the magic name was related to the magician abilities and personal philosophy, but with Birdway's explanation (and Kanzaki's monologues) it's clear that it is a lot more than that. I think it has to do with Aleister's (the real one) concept of "true will" which was inspired by Nietzche's "will to power."

Being under the concept of "true will" would mean that the magician's name, or purpose of existence, is not really chosen but rather discovered by "aligning" to the universe... or something like that.

It may also be that the magician's name sets their destined path, as drawn by the universe... perhaps similar to the red string of fate... Those magicians that lose their purpose fall into despair except for the ones that encountered Imagine Breaker, so maybe he cuts that connection to the universe allowing them for find a new purpose? ... hmm.. maybe I should have posted this in the speculations thread.
It's not that difficult or complicating- the Magician's magic name refers to their core; the reason why they pick up magic- the motivation that drives them forward, at the same time it can also represents how the Magician does things and what they stand for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I thought I read JC Staff somewhere.
Actually where did you hear all this from?

The Three shows for Fall has been confirmed a long time ago- Shana3, Baku2 and Kimi to Boku... (Edit: I just saw the Milky Holmes sequel news...)

Re-airing of ZnT also confirmed, but BokuTomo is by AIC and where did you hear about a Hidan sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Does it look good for an Index anime?
Nothing has changed so far, the most we'll get is Railgun 2... Though I still insist it's better to make a movie of it instead...
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.