AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-08-21, 17:49   Link #13521
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Two things, one- we don't know what was that technique he used against Birdway- could be magic could be nanotech... If it's the latter, it might be something he implemented only recently. If it's magic, maybe it works only on blond girls... >.>
Ah, I just went back to the text and it's explicitly stated as a scientific attack:
Quote:
Because he used cutting edge science to such a great extent, Birdway did not understand what exactly had happened, but even so, her smile did not disappear.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-08-21, 17:51   Link #13522
Miraluka
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Birdway couldn't understand the process behind the attack, so it was probably nanotech like the Mimosa or the Under_Line; for what we know Aleister has been using things like those from before volume 15, so it's "kinda weird" that he didn't choose such an invisible method to get rid of Hamazura.
Ot could be that is form of attack whose activation can't be detected like the one used on Fiamma or can't be comprehended like the one used by Ollerus.

EDIT:
It doesn't seem so but, still wonder what of "science" has that attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Aiwass itself stated that Aleister view of the "3 heroes" might have to do more with sentimentality (envy) than his usual usefulness talk.
Some nostalgy could be the reason as well.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-08-21, 18:10   Link #13523
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inside my mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Its the final season, so is going to be 24 episodes.
Even so, ZnT was never a big seller like Shana or Index/Railgun. I doubt the resources allocated to it will prevent another season of Index/Railgun from being made that year.
__________________
RPG_Fanatic is offline  
Old 2011-08-21, 18:25   Link #13524
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Don't be an ass, you know I mean bloody ones in comparison to others characters. To the post quoting the Fanfare is JK because th Dorm Manager seems to inflict more damage than any other character.
To consider only bloody injuries to count as an injury does seem a bit extreme, I know more characters have gone through more serious injuries than whatever she had (*cough*Touma*cough*) but to say she was never injured is a bit of a...

I don't really think she fought Kiyama and the AIM Burst without any scratch. But really, these are things Touma's IB would scoff at
__________________
I like to run portable on my dude, so I ran while running runs in my portably portable, dude-like dude.

Kazuma Kamachi FC

Since we are all so trigger happy about certain behaviors that we do when talking about his works.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline  
Old 2011-08-21, 18:27   Link #13525
Miraluka
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
To consider only bloody injuries to count as an injury does seem a bit extreme, I know more characters have gone through more serious injuries than whatever she had (*cough*Touma*cough*) but to say she was never injured is a bit of a...

I don't really think she fought Kiyama and the AIM Burst without any scratch. But really, these are things Touma's IB would scoff at
Yeah yeah, usually its just minor bruises on her to the point of passing unnoticed... mmm... but in the other hand during the Sister Arc at leats she had a major mind break to compesate it at least once time in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
Even so, ZnT was never a big seller like Shana or Index/Railgun. I doubt the resources allocated to it will prevent another season of Index/Railgun from being made that year.
Some publicity can do wonders. And no, there is no way one series can prevent other from being made, just remember JC produced another 3 series along with Index II. It doesn't means those series will have a great quality if you know what I mean recalling that season .
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-08-21, 19:13   Link #13526
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Don't be an ass, you know I mean bloody ones in comparison to others characters. To the post quoting the Fanfare is JK because th Dorm Manager seems to inflict more damage than any other character.
I'm sure you do realize that not only bloody injuries left aches days after you suffer from it. Heavy bruises also left aches days, sometimes even weeks after you suffer on it, especially for "normal" girl like Mikoto(normal as in she's not used to fight in a serious battle with her life on the line) so it's not exactly plot hole for her to say her body still ache from the injuries she got during the Level Upper incident.

Touma is just an exception, his body is too sturdy to be just fine in a matter of days after a life threatening injuries.
kuroishinigami is offline  
Old 2011-08-21, 19:32   Link #13527
Miraluka
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I'm sure you do realize that not only bloody injuries left aches days after you suffer from it. Heavy bruises also left aches days, sometimes even weeks after you suffer on it, especially for "normal" girl like Mikoto(normal as in she's not used to fight in a serious battle with her life on the line) so it's not exactly plot hole for her to say her body still ache from the injuries she got during the Level Upper incident.
From the manga after Level Upper arc, both Mikoto and Kuroko are cleaning the pool as punishment, none of them seem to be aching from pain.
From the anime, beach episode and Saten's afterschool lessons, same here, it wasn't properly adressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Touma is just an exception, his body is too sturdy to be just fine in a matter of days after a life threatening injuries.
With Tsuchimikado was enough to send him to the hospital during the Angel Fall, though.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-08-21, 20:00   Link #13528
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Touma is just an exception, his body is too sturdy to be just fine in a matter of days after a life threatening injuries.
With Tsuchimikado was enough to send him to the hospital during the Angel Fall, though.
But you're talking about Tsuchimikado here, not a random thug... and the backstabber doesn't pull back his punches.

Anyway, Touma does seem to have an unnatural healing ability, perhaps even better than Tsuchimikado's level 0 regeneration... Of course, it could be all thanks to Heaven Canceller's abilities, but even him called Touma's body a piece of fantasy
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-08-21, 20:03   Link #13529
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I'm sure you do realize that not only bloody injuries left aches days after you suffer from it. Heavy bruises also left aches days, sometimes even weeks after you suffer on it, especially for "normal" girl like Mikoto(normal as in she's not used to fight in a serious battle with her life on the line) so it's not exactly plot hole for her to say her body still ache from the injuries she got during the Level Upper incident.
I had a theory that Mikoto's body (Or rather any Esper body) adapted itself to better suit using their new found powers like immunity to electricity, and possibly a harden body structure to withstand the recoil force of her railgun attacks...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
From the manga after Level Upper arc, both Mikoto and Kuroko are cleaning the pool as punishment, none of them seem to be aching from pain.
From the anime, beach episode and Saten's afterschool lessons, same here, it wasn't properly addressed.
This is really, really trivial stuff -_- Hence I used the word anal.

Does it really make you feel better if she said 'ouch' after all that?

I mean, none of the fighting characters really show any long term injury side effects....

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
But you're talking about Tsuchimikado here, not a random thug... and the backstabber doesn't pull back his punches.
It's not the same level as from fighting Pendex, the Alchemist whose name is too hard to spell, and Accelerator.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-08-21, 20:11   Link #13530
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I had a theory that Mikoto's body (Or rather any Esper body) adapted itself to better suit using their new found powers like immunity to electricity, and possibly a harden body structure to withstand the recoil force of her railgun attacks...
Railguns do not have a recoil. Or at least her's shouldn't as the "barrel" is formed of air.

But acquiring electric immunity is definitely a must... perhaps it is part of the personal reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not the same level as from fighting Pendex, the Alchemist whose name is too hard to spell, and Accelerator.
And yet he won against those, but not to Tsuchimikado (but yeah, his injuries were also quite worse on those fights)

If you add Kanzaki and Acqua to the list, Tsuchimikado barely slapped him in the face.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-08-21, 20:11   Link #13531
Marcus H.
Tea and Crumpets from NY
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
You guys are probably forgetting this one.

Spoiler for img:
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2015: Durarara!!x2 Ten, Classroom Crisis, Charlotte, and Working! S3.


Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 33. Completed: 246. Plan to watch: 32.

Marcus H. is online now  
Old 2011-08-21, 20:17   Link #13532
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Railguns do not have a recoil.

But acquiring electric immunity is definitely a must... perhaps it is part of the personal reality.
Ah my bad then.


Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
And yet he won against those, but not to Tsuchimikado (but yeah, his injuries were also quite worse on those fights)

If you add Kanzaki and Acqua to the list, Tsuchimikado barely slapped him in the face.
That's because Tsuchimikado had no Illusion for him to break...

My point is, even if he still got sent to the hospital, it's not the same 'class' of injury... Hell, Touma went to the hospital from food poisoning...
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-08-21, 20:20   Link #13533
Miraluka
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
But you're talking about Tsuchimikado here, not a random thug... and the backstabber doesn't pull back his punches.

Anyway, Touma does seem to have an unnatural healing ability, perhaps even better than Tsuchimikado's level 0 regeneration... Of course, it could be all thanks to Heaven Canceller's abilities, but even him called Touma's body a piece of fantasy
Touma can regrow severed limbs like a planarian or Piccolo from DBZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Does it really make you feel better if she said 'ouch' after all that?
Nop, but in the manga Mikoto got exhausted, dirty and lose one of her shoes; in the anime she was just fine, it just needed to be a bit more graphic in that matter.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I mean, none of the fighting characters really show any long term injury side effects....
Besides Accelerator's and Touma's brain case there is Awaki's trauma which affects her esper abilities and Acqua who got handicapped after the Saint Destroyer spell and both Carrisa and Knight Leader pointed out he still is suffering the effect from his previous injuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's not the same level as from fighting Pendex, the Alchemist whose name is too hard to spell, and Accelerator.
The there was with just a above the average fighter was enough to send Touma to an hospital by knock out.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
You guys are probably forgetting this one.

Spoiler for img:
She was hanging down from the suit armor hand, its an asphyxia.


EDIT:
Stiyl SS part 2 updated.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-08-21 at 22:01.
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-08-21, 23:38   Link #13534
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
And with the addition of Stiyl SS part 2 they also added the manga pictures as well (at least those weren't there when I last read part 1) - Such Misfortune, Touma, ne?
Flere821 is offline  
Old 2011-08-22, 01:07   Link #13535
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Railguns do not have a recoil. Or at least hers shouldn't as the "barrel" is formed of air.

But acquiring electric immunity is definitely a must... perhaps it is part of the personal reality.
Ah my bad then.
Actually, I apologize as you were correct about the recoil.

I felt like I was forgetting something important so I looked into it... I really failed physics there.

Normal Ralguns do have a backward recoil and so should Misaka's. I first thought it would be only directed at the barrel but that's not the only reaction force. Damned law of conservation of energy...

Now, as how Misaka's Railgun should behave... I'm going to assume that she first tosses the coin and immediately after she forms the magnetic rails. In that case, the recoil would probably present itself as a push of air. So at least with a small coin launched at Mach 3 it should still be negligible as it would disperse around Misaka. If she were to use something a lot heavier (like the mecha arm in certain episode of the anime) then the air push would be a considerable amount, at least if she wanted to give the projectile enough momentum to reach a target at a 50m+ distance...
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-08-22, 01:10   Link #13536
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Now, as how Misaka's Railgun should behave... I'm going to assume that she first tosses the coin and immediately after she forms the magnetic rails. In that case, the recoil would probably present itself as a push of air. So at least with a small coin launched at Mach 3 it should still be negligible as it would disperse around Misaka. If she were to use something a lot heavier (like the mecha arm in certain episode of the anime) then the air push would be a considerable amount, at least if she wanted to give the projectile enough momentum to reach a target at a 50m+ distance...
Only problem is there's nothing to magnetize past the initial push.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-08-22, 01:32   Link #13537
Kyouka
Is Here
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 24
does anyone still have the pics for nt2 im trying to find accelerators new look
Kyouka is offline  
Old 2011-08-22, 01:32   Link #13538
Chaos2Frozen
Show me your motivation
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The World after E3 2015
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
does anyone still have the pics for nt2 im trying to find accelerators new look
Yeah Baka-tsuki but Accelerator didn't really changed his looks or anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Actually, I apologize as you were correct about the recoil.

I felt like I was forgetting something important so I looked into it... I really failed physics there.

Normal Ralguns do have a backward recoil and so should Misaka's. I first thought it would be only directed at the barrel but that's not the only reaction force. Damned law of conservation of energy...

Now, as how Misaka's Railgun should behave... I'm going to assume that she first tosses the coin and immediately after she forms the magnetic rails. In that case, the recoil would probably present itself as a push of air. So at least with a small coin launched at Mach 3 it should still be negligible as it would disperse around Misaka. If she were to use something a lot heavier (like the mecha arm in certain episode of the anime) then the air push would be a considerable amount, at least if she wanted to give the projectile enough momentum to reach a target at a 50m+ distance...
Mah, in any case my theory was that Esper's body slowly adapt itself to better suit using the Esper powers, like how Accelerator's hair turned white only that's a negative example

In this case, I suggested that Mikoto's body adapted itself to withstand the recoil of the Railgun. Or maybe something like Kuroko being able to survive moving through the 11th dimension.
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-08-22, 01:37   Link #13539
Kyouka
Is Here
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah Baka-tsuki but Accelerator didn't really changed his looks or anything...



Mah, in any case my theory was that Esper's body slowly adapt itself to better suit using the Esper powers, like how Accelerator's hair turned white only that's a negative example

In this case, I suggested that Mikoto's body adapted itself to withstand the recoil of the Railgun. Or maybe something like Kuroko being able to survive moving through the 11th dimension.


Thank you <3
Kyouka is offline  
Old 2011-08-22, 02:06   Link #13540
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Only problem is there's nothing to magnetize past the initial push.
Are you talking about the magnetic rails? In that case it does go beyond regular physics as she literally creates them out of thin air... but it's kinda part of the whole point that esper powers defy physics... ... perhaps all my argumentation about the recoil is ultimately pointless
leukrota is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.