AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-03, 18:40   Link #14401
Twi

Now, now, can we just let the topic drop?
Before it calls the attention of The One Who Wields The Ban Hammer?

On a related note:
How exactly does someone find a Saint?

They say there's only 20, but there's possibly more that haven't been found yet.
Old 2011-10-03, 18:40   Link #14402
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...

Pointless off-topic for me at least .

Lets returni to the main topic, said the a moderator's authority if I recall well guys.

So, do you think the movie will have a connection to the novels' story?

I hope or else it would become forgettable... unless it shows characters yet to be animated like Shoukou, Sogiita or some hints aboutAogami is 6th the Level 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
On a related note:
How exactly does someone find a Saint?

They say there's only 20, but there's possibly more that haven't been found yet.
I still wonder why...

But, speculating, maybe there is a spiritual sign or a distortion in the force Earth's leylines or some kind of holy power detector, afterall if the Magi were able to find where born the Son of God it wouldn't be surprising if there are similar techniques to find the place where a Saint is born.

From Kanzaki's comments on NT02, it seems all of them have a number, maybe to label on them a birth order.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:25   Link #14403
Okashira
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
From Kanzaki's comments on NT02, it seems all of them have a number, maybe to label on them a birth order.
They don't have an order, she was only referring to the 10th saint known by mankind, and he is only known by the holy scripts. Ergo Saints that aren't included in the religious records can't be numbered down.

About this, well; remember how people from England could trace "a sudden high amount of unnaturally big mana" in Aisa's village in Japan, so it's a safe bet that one can tell when a big fish with too unnatural power is born or not as long as they keep their ears open.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:30   Link #14404
ellifeedn
Thinker

Maybe it's easy to find someone who has the strength of 20 men when they're a baby.
Old 2011-10-03, 19:42   Link #14405
Miraluka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
They don't have an order, she was only referring to the 10th saint known by mankind, and he is only known by the holy scripts. Ergo Saints that aren't included in the religious records can't be numbered down.
Makes no sense to me because else she would have called him by his name just like she recalls Peter's name while recalling the spell that prohibited magicians from flying.

Also instead saying the #10 Saint, it should be the #10 Apostle (assuming its Thaddeus).

Here is the line from the english text:
Quote:
(Except for special cases like the #10 Saint, modern magicians are prohibited from a certain action. That is why I had to go up above the fortress first rather than going directly to it.)
I can infer there to things:

1. If said action is obviously flying, this Saint could be the exception of the rule.

2. Said Saint is able to directly transport to wherever the saint wishes to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Maybe it's easy to find someone who has the strength of 20 men when they're a baby.
Slap the baby ass and you could end with several broken bones after being curbstomped by a baby ..
Old 2011-10-03, 20:56   Link #14406
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
There's one way story writers avoid that problem is to have the powers manifest at a later age, usually puberty.
Old 2011-10-04, 00:13   Link #14407
Hiro Hayase

I truly wish that they would have made SS1 into a movie, probably a 1-2 hour long movie. Hopefully they will do this for the next SS's or make a few ova's.

Quote:
(Except for special cases like the #10 Saint, modern magicians are prohibited from a certain action. That is why I had to go up above the fortress first rather than going directly to it.)
Yup, Saints must have number system too like espers. #10 Saint could very well be an angel in human skin, or just a mutated human with wings, or none of the above. Saints should theoretically have a numbering system, after all the Science side and Magic side are very proper with ranks and power. But the bigger question is where are these other Saints (Minus Kanzaki, Acqua, Silvia) and what are they doing in NT? Who are they working for? Will they be introduced in the story soon? Most likely its numbering based on the birth order of Saints.

Theoretically speaking: Imagine a baby or a kid with the strength of 20 men playing with other children, the Saint kid accidentally injures their peers in a game of tag. After that event more incidents similar to the one above kept happening, the other children seems to avoid the and seems have a slight fear towards the Saint kid. Imagine the Saint kid coming home from school and hugging they're parents and accidentally breaking their bones in the process. That's quite a sad reality. Power isolates people.

Btw Wilfriback, your sigi is starting to get blurry and distorted. Animated sigi's eventually degrade over time... unfortunately.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-10-04 at 13:32.
Old 2011-10-04, 22:19   Link #14408
Breidaluk

Don't forget that the others saints can have another property just like Brunhild that is also a valkyrie. And they say that less than 20 saints in the entire world so their number could be less than 10. Is just like the case of gemstones.
Old 2011-10-04, 22:36   Link #14409
Miraluka

Kanzaki also mentioned that there is a saint whose blood has healing properties.

EDIT: NT03 sinopsis:
Quote:
新約 とある魔術の禁書目録(3)
著/鎌池和馬 イラスト/はいむらきよたか

グレムリン。魔術と科学が融合した、謎の敵対勢力。
上条たちはハワイに乗り込み、 奴らと直接対決に挑む。
しかし、超重要人物が完全にお馬鹿なノリの性格で!?
A silly yet very important person?... Who could be? Ollerus? Aogami? XD

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-10-05 at 00:13.
Old 2011-10-05, 01:47   Link #14410
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
Don't forget that the others saints can have another property just like Brunhild that is also a valkyrie. And they say that less than 20 saints in the entire world so their number could be less than 10. Is just like the case of gemstones.
Also, Acqua of the Back too. He had the Divine Mother's Mercy along with his saint powers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Kanzaki also mentioned that there is a saint whose blood has healing properties.

EDIT: NT03 sinopsis:

A silly yet very important person?... Who could be? Ollerus? Aogami? XD
I have been wondering for awhile, can a saint also be an esper at the same time? It would be interesting if it was possible.
Old 2011-10-05, 02:28   Link #14411
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

Translation:

New Testament: Toaru Majutsu no Index 3
Original Work: Kazuma Kamachi | Illustrations: Kiyotaka Haimura

GREMLIN. Magic and science melded together, forming a mysterious force to be reckoned with.
[Touma] Kamijou and the others embark on a journey to the shores of Hawaii, and they immediately stumble upon a welcoming challenge upon their arrival.
However, one super important person in the battle turns out to be a complete idiot!

Important person + super + a complete idiot = Shiage?!

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Old 2011-10-05, 03:01   Link #14412
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Translation:

Original Work: Kazuma Kamachi | Illustrations: Kiyotaka Haimura

GREMLIN. Magic and science melded together, forming a mysterious force to be reckoned with.
[Touma] Kamijou and the others embark on a journey to the shores of Hawaii, and they immediately stumble upon a welcoming challenge upon their arrival.
However, one super important person in the battle turns out to be a complete idiot!

Important person + super + a complete idiot = Shiage?!
Alright, I'll say what's on everybody else's mind... Better to hear it from me than them...

...Mikoto.

*Gets Shot to pieces*
Old 2011-10-05, 03:17   Link #14413
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love

You're not making any sense, Chaos2Frozen-san. @_@

Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Old 2011-10-05, 04:00   Link #14414
Ashaman

He's saying that Mikoto might turn out to be a big idiot on the battle field, presumbly due to her relative lack of experience. Her possible lack of knowledge of Magic just makes it worse.

Not that I'm saying she's weak, just that she is entering a whole new type of fighting.

I don't think it'll be Mikoto though.
Old 2011-10-05, 05:23   Link #14415
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Translation:

Called it earlier. Just saying.

The idiot is probably Shiage, I mean the sheer amount of misfortune he has shows that the author loves screwing him over, and he is the one of the three with less combat experience towards magicians.
Old 2011-10-05, 05:40   Link #14416
tsunade666

It's Shiage. I can't think of Mikoto as super important at all.

It will be one of the three who Bardway talk with. And I can't think of Accelerator as an idiot so it's either Touma or Shiage. But Index already knows Touma is an idiot.

I wonder how will Accel and Shiage come with Touma too Hawaii. Or if Touma and Index + Tsuchimikado will ride again the super bomber to go to Hawaii.

Old 2011-10-05, 08:01   Link #14417
desrtsku
Hold this for me.

Touma is really not an idiot in the battlefield (well he's not an real idiot in the first place, bad grades but smart ). Accelerator even if he's new to magic managed to beat the crap out of a group of magicians, hold an Archangel, free LO from Aiwass' Burden, etc ... So the remaining one is Shiage. Yes, Shiage is a complete idiot in every way but he's incredibly badass, clever and lucky on the battlefield ... even if he's new to magic I don't think an "idiot" like him that even one of the greatest magician that exists couldn't get rid of would look like an idiot when it comes to fight (and everyone knows that he's a top class idiot in the first place). I can't think of any of them to be that "idiot".
Since everyone here is strangely against the idea of a biribiribaka, then I'd go for a character that no one would expect to be an idiot, a character that the author likes, a character that's supposed to lead everyone, a super powerful character that fought strong opponent during the previous arcs but didn't actually managed to beat the enemy "alone", a pure genius especially when it comes to magic, thus an [important] character ... Birdway
Old 2011-10-05, 08:19   Link #14418
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
a pure genius especially when it comes to magic, thus an [important] character ... Birdway
bardway being an idiot for lolz but I can't imagine her being an idiot if she can pull a stunt like that against Aleister. She is probably on Laura's level if she stays her cool even attacked by an unknown attack.

Old 2011-10-05, 08:33   Link #14419
Sleep_ping
The Restless FTL

Until the espers find out that AIM fields can nullify magic like crazy, they're going to be idiots when they fight against magicians. All of them, except Accelerator since he 'fought' against magic in the world war.
Old 2011-10-05, 08:39   Link #14420
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"

I would just like to bring up that all this speculation is base under that assumption that 'others' refers to Accelerator and Hamazura which I might point out that Kamachi has always referred to them by name.

I still don't think they're in this trip... At least not yet

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen