AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-18, 13:08   Link #15561
cleed
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
WORST is really trolling along.
cleed is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 13:27   Link #15562
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Birdway doesn't fit the MC type at all in the least. You have MC that are like that, but pretty much the position that Birdway had has in NT has been something like "beyond the MC", like how in all of those rangers series there is a guy who put together the ranger team and advices them when fighting evil and whatnot. Though in most ranger series the guy who does that can't fight on his own (except in one series, where he was the kick ass "hidden" 6th ranger).

Speaking on that very same jargon, Acqua and Fiamma are better 6th ranger material than Birdway, they involve themselves with what happens a more on their own.

I bet that I'm the last one to know this, but chapter 2 is at 75%
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 13:37   Link #15563
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Birdway doesn't fit the MC type at all in the least. You have MC that are like that, but pretty much the position that Birdway had has in NT has been something like "beyond the MC", like how in all of those rangers series there is a guy who put together the ranger team and advices them when fighting evil and whatnot. Though in most ranger series the guy who does that can't fight on his own (except in one series, where he was the kick ass "hidden" 6th ranger).

Speaking on that very same jargon, Acqua and Fiamma are better 6th ranger material than Birdway, they involve themselves with what happens a more on their own.
But... rangers is a team of 5, currently we have only 3 on Index.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 14:30   Link #15564
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
In other words, she would like to thoroughly analyze every part of his being, from his soul to his past, to his training to his magic... to his body... must not let anything go untouched!
And Silvia can tie him down if he objects.
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 15:05   Link #15565
giorno
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
on the subject of Fiamma, he'd need a serious depowering to even be interesting as a main character. I mean, with the holy right, he could pretty much solve whatever's thrown at him on the spot...
giorno is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 15:22   Link #15566
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
^ He probably already was, courtesy of Aleister.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 15:26   Link #15567
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
on the subject of Fiamma, he'd need a serious depowering to even be interesting as a main character. I mean, with the holy right, he could pretty much solve whatever's thrown at him on the spot...
From what we know, he's pretty much been castrated since he can't control his Holy Right.
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 16:02   Link #15568
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
I don't believe this... Chinese translations have finished NT3 before js06 o_O

I'll post summaries in about a 1-2 hour's time, I'm gonna go read the volume now.
Flere821 is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 16:23   Link #15569
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I don't believe this... Chinese translations have finished NT3 before js06 o_O

I'll post summaries in about a 1-2 hour's time, I'm gonna go read the volume now.
Because in China, whipping your translators is legal and encouraged.

Please, tell us anything you learn about Mr. Majin and how thing are at the end (what Accel, Hamazura are doing with Kamijou continuing his fight).
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 16:25   Link #15570
Nayrael
The Faceless One
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Varaždin, Croatia
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Also people, please keep the discussion about those spoilers in the spoiler tags ^_^
__________________
Nayrael is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 16:31   Link #15571
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Goddamnit Flere you forced my hand- Now I'll have to read it in Chinese as well @_@ !

*runs off*
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-12-18, 16:54   Link #15572
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Anyone else noticed how Birdway is becoming more and more prominent in NT?

Maybe the author wants to turn her into a protagonist of this series.

I'm fine with that of course .
GAH no. I bet I'm alone in this but I just don't like Birdway. Maybe if he develops her more, but right now she just seems like a big Mary Sue.
Ilidsor is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 17:55   Link #15573
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Chapter 2 at 83% - Even if the progress is slow, I can't help but read whatever is done.

Anyway, this Q/A are the best lines so far:
Spoiler:
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 18:06   Link #15574
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Chapter 2 at 83% - Even if the progress is slow, I can't help but read whatever is done.

Anyway, this Q/A are the best lines so far:
Spoiler:
Fuck, I was expecting Christian Bale.
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 18:07   Link #15575
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
The one thing I would reply is "President of what?"

It seems not everybody is on their A-game this volume
Chaos2Frozen is online now  
Old 2011-12-18, 18:11   Link #15576
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Urgh. I was planning on summarizing the entire volume but I don't think I can do Ch5. Too much fight scenes and it's a b*tch to summarize something not directly to do with the plot and/or abilities.

I'll just do Ch3-4 for now:

Spoiler:
Flere821 is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 18:30   Link #15577
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
^So Kamachi keeps the Accelerator-Mikoto encounter for Chapter 5?
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 18:41   Link #15578
Twi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Urgh. I was planning on summarizing the entire volume but I don't think I can do Ch5. Too much fight scenes and it's a b*tch to summarize something not directly to do with the plot and/or abilities.

I'll just do Ch3-4 for now:

Spoiler:
....This is probably one of the most action and plot based volumes.
__________________
Twi is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 18:45   Link #15579
Flere821
Lurker
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Anyway, I'll summarize Epilogue:

Spoiler:


EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
^So Kamachi keeps the Accelerator-Mikoto encounter for Chapter 5?
Yeah, he did. Accel said he plans on repaying the clones for what he did, but he has no plans to repay Mikoto in any way.



Urgh, so tired after so much reading. I'm gonna log off for now, cya all.
Flere821 is offline  
Old 2011-12-18, 18:48   Link #15580
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
So Birdway is going to get her illusions broken one day...
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.