AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-12-29, 18:12   Link #15881
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
So for now Birdway's alignment is unknown? Maybe she really is a good person and that there is a very good reason for all of this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
You can say the same for Laura, Aleister and Visallisa or just all the major leaders in the world.
Basically they're all the kind of people that do good things for bad reasons.

The only reason why people would want to believe in Birdway is because she's a cute looking girl with blue eyes, blond hair, and black stockings.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 18:50   Link #15882
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The only reason why people would want to believe in Birdway is because she's a cute looking girl with blue eyes, blond hair, and black stockings.
Well, personally, I'm simply giving her the benefit of the doubt, as so far I haven't read anything about her crossing the line and judging by her past actions she doesn't seem that bad. And that's regardless of her looks.
leukrota is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 18:56   Link #15883
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Well, personally, I'm simply giving her the benefit of the doubt, as so far I haven't read anything about her crossing the line and judging by her past actions she doesn't seem that bad. And that's regardless of her looks.
Give her time. Just because you don't see her thinking anything bad doesn't mean she hasn't thought it; the same with her actions. I mean, what do we really know about her? As far as I know, her past is a complete mystery right now.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 19:03   Link #15884
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The only reason why people would want to believe in Birdway is because she's a cute looking girl with blue eyes, blond hair, and black stockings.
Thats like saying the same for Yozora from Haganai and Kirino from Oreimo, but unlike those 2, Birdway focuses her evil doings on people doing evil and fans of both series has big number among them who dislike/hates them.

Until now I didn't find people showing their hatred or disliking towards Birdway and/or starting a shitstorm for that. IMO I don't hate her because she doesn't pulls out BS like she lacks attention or just feels lonely in order to justificate her own selfishness... and that comes from someone who has a dislike for lolis and cheap tsunderes and deux ex yanderes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Give her time. Just because you don't see her thinking anything bad doesn't mean she hasn't thought it; the same with her actions. I mean, what do we really know about her? As far as I know, her past is a complete mystery right now.
Fiamma's past is a mistery as well yet both he and Birdway have a background that more or less justifies their actions.

A trope for those 2 would be "For the evulz" (?).
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 19:27   Link #15885
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
A trope for those 2 would be "For the evulz" (?).
Well I don't know about Birdway, but Fiamma was this bizarre combination of "A God Am I" and "Well-Intentioned Extremist".
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 19:32   Link #15886
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Doing evil for great justice, that makes it funny, remember even Touma wen from WTF! to orz whie getting mocked during vol.20?
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 20:17   Link #15887
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Thats like saying the same for Yozora from Haganai and Kirino from Oreimo, but unlike those 2, Birdway focuses her evil doings on people doing evil and fans of both series has big number among them who dislike/hates them.

Until now I didn't find people showing their hatred or disliking towards Birdway and/or starting a shitstorm for that. IMO I don't hate her because she doesn't pulls out BS like she lacks attention or just feels lonely in order to justificate her own selfishness... and that comes from someone who has a dislike for lolis and cheap tsunderes and deux ex yanderes.
Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a BIG difference between comparing an action series and a romcom series. If Index was a comedy series all you'll see of Birdway is her abusing her followers and probably using them as target practice, just thank Horus that Kamachi has the sense not to overshadow his plot with those things.

Secondly, nobody starts shitstorm over Birdway because frankly aside from the handful of us here no many people really care about her in the grand scheme of things. The story never really focus on her as much as the two main characters from your example series.

Now if she appears in the Anime that's another case altogether but frankly I still don't think people would care about her all that much as long as she's vital to the plot.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 20:29   Link #15888
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Calm down guys...
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 20:35   Link #15889
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah I'm pretty sure there's a BIG difference between comparing an action series and a romcom series. If Index was a comedy series all you'll see of Birdway is her abusing her followers and probably using them as target practice, just thank Horus that Kamachi has the sense not to overshadow his plot with those things.
Since when the genre of a series matters for that? When people finds a character annoying/bothersome/whatever they'll show their hatred/dislike sometimes reaching discussions of ridiculous levels. As you can see a romcom is mean to be funny yet failed to sell their characters to all people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Secondly, nobody starts shitstorm over Birdway because frankly aside from the handful of us here no many people really care about her in the grand scheme of things. The story never really focus on her as much as the two main characters from your example series.

Now if she appears in the Anime that's another case altogether but frankly I still don't think people would care about her all that much as long as she's vital to the plot.
Hamazura got a good time of hate because he owned Mugino who returned creepier than before, that pissed off her fans, I guess.

And, while its true Birdway isn't a main character actually she is playing a very important role lately in New Testament... I'm sure this will be more and more evident as the series goes on... coughauthor favorite character.cough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Calm down guys...
Don't worry, nothing nasty is happening :P.
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 20:41   Link #15890
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Don't worry, nothing nasty is happening.
Blame my exposure to the Gundam and Nanoha sub-forums. They tend to devolve into personal attacks and take-thats... worryingly quickly and with disturbing frequency. Chaos can back me up on at least the latter.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 20:45   Link #15891
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Well, regarding Nanoha sub-forums, you can't take them seriously, really, just see through their psique. I know C2F is a veteran from that forum who still looks sane and now you... C2F got the weird hobby of getting banned tough .
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 20:50   Link #15892
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Well, regarding Nanoha sub-forums, you can't take them seriously, really, just see through their psique. I know C2F is a veteran from that forum who still looks sane and now you... C2F got the weird hobby of getting banned tough .
Hardy ha ha~ =_=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Since when the genre matters? When people finds a character annoying/bothersome/whatever they'll show their hatred/dislike sometimes reaching discussions of ridiculous levels.
Genres matters because the type of story would depict the type of actions the characters make.

But more importantly, the type of fanbase it would create.

No offense to anyone, but I feel that Romcom series are more likely to cause shitstorms because their fans are mostly... Hmmm...How do I put this delicately... ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Hamazura got a good time of hate because he owned Mugino who returned creepier than before, that pissed of her fans, I guess.
I've never heard anything like that before Both about Hamazura getting hate and Mugino having a sizable fanbase to fuel it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
And, while its true Birdway isn't a main character actually she is playing a very important role lately in New Testament... I'm sure this will be more and more evident as the series goes on... coughauthor favorite character.cough.
*shrugged*

Then we'll see how it turns out when she has more focus, until then there's really not much to say.


EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Blame my exposure to the Gundam and Nanoha sub-forums. They tend to devolve into personal attacks and take-thats... worryingly quickly and with disturbing frequency. Chaos can back me up on at least the latter.
Yeah, I still have that mean streak in me from the war- But I'm seeing a therapist and I'm taking my meds... Mostly...
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 20:58   Link #15893
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: United States
Send a message via AIM to Kuroi Hadou Send a message via Skype™ to Kuroi Hadou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I know C2F is a veteran from that forum who still looks sane and now you... C2F got the weird hobby of getting banned tough .
Are you saying I'm in danger of going insane, or that I'm one of the veterans who are still sane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hardy ha ha~ =_=
The day isn't complete until we've taken pot-shots at you; you know that, right?

Quote:
Genres matters because the type of story would depict the type of actions the characters make.
This is very true; but more than genre, the tone of the series itself matters even moreso. There's a lot of things you see in a drama series that makes jokes at its own expense that you most definitely wouldn't see in a drama series that is very muted and serious in outlook.

Quote:
No offense to anyone, but I feel that Romcom series are more likely to cause shitstorms because their fans are mostly... Hmmm...How do I put this delicately... ?
Raving lunatics with no sense of reality who take their desire to see one character end up with another way too far?

Quote:
I've never heard anything like that before Both about Hamazura getting hate and Mugino having a sizable fanbase to fuel it.
It's because Hamazura's design isn't exactly the easiest on the eyes, whereas Mugino's is very easy on the eyes.
__________________
Kuroi Hadou is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 21:02   Link #15894
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Are you saying I'm in danger of going insane, or that I'm one of the veterans who are still sane?
Obviously, the second. You are here and not there afterall, right?

Quote:
This is very true; but more than genre, the tone of the series itself matters even moreso. There's a lot of things you see in a drama series that makes jokes at its own expense that you most definitely wouldn't see in a drama series that is very muted and serious in outlook.
People makes cruel jokes about Kisaragi Chihaya's suffering and tragic past... XD.

Quote:
Raving lunatics with no sense of reality who take their desire to see one character end up with another way too far?
Yep, that .

Quote:
It's because Hamazura's design isn't exactly the easiest on the eyes, whereas Mugino's is very easy on the eyes.
I call it discrimination because he is ugly a thug!
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 21:05   Link #15895
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Raving lunatics with no sense of reality who take their desire to see one character end up with another way too far?
I would summarize it as 'immature', but yeah sure why not...

No seriously, I feel that the harder it is for a show to understand, even by a little bit, the more we weed out the... Troublesome ones.

...Most of the time anyway. *coughsneezekyoncough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
It's because Hamazura's design isn't exactly the easiest on the eyes, whereas Mugino's is very easy on the eyes.
And don't you forget it
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 22:45   Link #15896
Okashira
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chile
Chapter 4 at 56% Updates hasn't been as lightning fast as usual, but that's understandable considering that these end year periods are really, really busy for some.
__________________
Now sponsoring : video game analogies (ES)
Last update : Chapter 25 as of 31/08/12
Okashira is offline  
Old 2011-12-29, 22:54   Link #15897
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Chapter 4 at 56% Updates hasn't been as lightning fast as usual, but that's understandable considering that these end year periods are really, really busy for some.
Well that and there's ALOT of content in this volume as oppose to the previous one.

You know, somehow when it comes to America it's just more fitting to use PMCs these days than Russians. Hell, when I wrote my GROUP in America fanfic even I use Mercs

But still I would never expect someone from the media industry to try a stunt like this...
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Old 2011-12-30, 16:05   Link #15898
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Media Queen, Car King, just hearing those names just makes me take them alot less seriously

Handguns in supermarkets? Oh come on now
__________________

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline  
Old 2011-12-30, 16:23   Link #15899
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Media Queen, Car King, just hearing those names just makes me take them alot less seriously

Handguns in supermarkets? Oh come on now
If you consider Wal Mart a supermarket, and depending on the state, welllll...
__________________
The One Who Has Snuffed God's Crack.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Mr.Kyon is offline  
Old 2011-12-30, 18:39   Link #15900
Chaos2Frozen
"Where mah Justice go?!"
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Asylum beyond the Mirror
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Media Queen, Car King, just hearing those names just makes me take them alot less seriously
You don't think Entertainment and Automobile industry makes alot of money ?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Handguns in supermarkets? Oh come on now
I'm guessing you never heard of Wal-Mart huh ?
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.