AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-04-09, 09:37   Link #181
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
I think of her as a Bunny Ears Lawyer. She's confident, but knows the line between that and arrogance. Yet, she has that sensitivity, that fear of losing her humanity to war, as all so often is the case. She treats people with respect, and as such, do expect somewhat the same treatment.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 09:40   Link #182
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
I think of her as a Bunny Ears Lawyer. She's confident, but knows the line between that and arrogance. Yet, she has that sensitivity, that fear of losing her humanity to war, as all so often is the case. She treats people with respect, and as such, do expect somewhat the same treatment.
That word... I don't think it means what you think it means. Key phrase here: 'personality quirks'.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 09:45   Link #183
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Well, does Deadpan Snarker counts as a personality quirk? Anyway, Sega could easily invent some for her. Even her friends from the academy go ,"You're still doing that? For crying out loud, you're a commander! Act like one."

Or how about munching bread, all the time? Shout out to C.C. and her pizza-eating.

Selvaria: Would you kindly not snack in the presence of the prince?
You (mouth full of bread): Can't help it, my lady. It's fuel for my brain.

Max: For the last time, stop eating in my tent!
You: Ok. (proceeds to bite from yet another sandwich)
Selvaria: Please excuse her, my Prince. She.... needs the nourishment.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 09:46   Link #184
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, does Deadpan Snarker counts as a personality quirk? Anyway, Sega could easily invent some for her. Even her friends from the academy go ,"You're still doing that? For crying out loud, you're a commander! Act like one."
So are you spouting ideas, or would you actually write this scenario?
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 09:47   Link #185
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, does Deadpan Snarker counts as a personality quirk? Anyway, Sega could easily invent some for her. Even her friends from the academy go ,"You're still doing that? For crying out loud, you're a commander! Act like one."
And let us hope Sega makes the Commander a she and Yukana/ Kate Higgins does her voice.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 09:50   Link #186
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
So are you spouting ideas, or would you actually write this scenario?
Wow. That would have to wait. My University finals are coming up and I wouldn't want to screw this one up.

But, seriously, I would want a full Imperial campaign for VC.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 09:53   Link #187
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Wow. That would have to wait. My University finals are coming up and I wouldn't want to screw this one up.

But, seriously, I would want a full Imperial campaign for VC.
For a moment, I thought I smelled fanfic. No getting my hopes up!

I will buy practically any game they sell with the name Valkyria Chronicles on it. Pretty much no questions asked.
__________________
Badass.
spawnofthejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 09:56   Link #188
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Sega hit a jackpot with VC, no doubts about that.

Selvaria has our sympathy. Definitely. Max's background comes a little too late for us to empathize with him. Still, it is quite clear that the Imperial army isn't all bad. To try to create a campaign from that point of view: I think it's a logical sequel, and a nice touch.

Character interactions, shoutouts (even to the original VC, when you eventually face Squad 7 and go, "That's how I played my team 7 back in the original!"), and alternate story. Come on, Sega! You can't be happy with a 4 mission bite-sized campaign, right?
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-04-09 at 10:10.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 16:29   Link #189
Girsej
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Got some really good news in the link, talking about a sequel. Nothing confirmed but at least the producer wants to do more.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/2692/s...ia-chronicles/
Girsej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 16:41   Link #190
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Coquitlam, BC, Canada/Quezon City, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
OH YEaH!

Thank you!
__________________

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 18:52   Link #191
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
A sequel continuing the storyline after the epilogue? Now, that I'll have to see.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 18:57   Link #192
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
A sequel continuing the storyline after the epilogue? Now, that I'll have to see.
Or a prequel.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 19:22   Link #193
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
I'm really up for the idea of a prequel focusing on the Imperial army I was always wondering while playing the game how it'd be to play as the other army. Heck I'm up for any kind of continuation of the Valkyria Chronicles universe.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 19:31   Link #194
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
I'm really up for the idea of a prequel focusing on the Imperial army I was always wondering while playing the game how it'd be to play as the other army.
The only character that was closest to being Welkin's role in servitude to the Empire was Jaeger (despite his few appearance. Blame MGS4 for that.) A prequel explaining his past and motivation in serving the Empire despite his homeland being assimilated would be good.

Or they can just use the tried-and-tested route by focusing on General Gunther's exploits.
__________________
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 19:35   Link #195
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Milwaukee
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Or they can just use the tried-and-tested route by focusing on General Gunther's exploits.
There could be a whole other game based on the war Welkins dad faught in. Perhaps more would could be included around Cpt. Varrot and maybe even that guy in the graveyard.

I think its very possible for a sequel or prequel, at least in Japan. Even though it didn't sell too well in America it did make it on the greatest hits line up in Japan. Producer Nonaka Ryutaro told the Famitsu Weekly magazine that in light of the recent popularity, he really wanted to do a sequel to the game.
__________________
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-09, 22:27   Link #196
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girsej View Post
Got some really good news in the link, talking about a sequel. Nothing confirmed but at least the producer wants to do more.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/2692/s...ia-chronicles/
Before the original game was released, there were rumors about it being a trilogy. So I am very glad to see the producers affirming the possibilities of a sequel.

But, at this point, instead of a sequel or prequel, they could make a game corresponding to the events in Valkyria Chronicles. After all, the game ended with the second war over, and Imperial forces were on full retreat from Gallia. Yet, this could not have been possible without the existence of the Federation, which btw, was the primary enemy of the Empire, not Gallia. The latter being considered a bit of a side-show. Thus, a game could be made about the conflict between the Feds and the Imps.

That, and I yearn for a proper introduction of the Federation.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Löw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-10, 23:53   Link #197
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
A sequel continuing the storyline after the epilogue? Now, that I'll have to see.
But the war ends Europa wide in the epilogue.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 01:11   Link #198
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Before the original game was released, there were rumors about it being a trilogy. So I am very glad to see the producers affirming the possibilities of a sequel.

But, at this point, instead of a sequel or prequel, they could make a game corresponding to the events in Valkyria Chronicles. After all, the game ended with the second war over, and Imperial forces were on full retreat from Gallia. Yet, this could not have been possible without the existence of the Federation, which btw, was the primary enemy of the Empire, not Gallia. The latter being considered a bit of a side-show. Thus, a game could be made about the conflict between the Feds and the Imps.

That, and I yearn for a proper introduction of the Federation.

- Tak
Sega could pull off a Suikoden here.

One setting, different nations that rise and fall.

A sequel doesn't even have to be about Galia. It could be about another nation, all the while historical references about the events in the first game could also be used as the background for the new story.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 01:58   Link #199
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 28
Sega needs a blockbuster franchise. VC can be that franchise.
__________________
Those from the lower levels cannot hope to surpass those from the upper.

RIP, Oba-chan (1935-2008)
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 19:21   Link #200
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Nazareth, PA
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
This would be absolutely awesome if they made another game. I'd preorder it this time. lol
__________________
A good plan violently executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future. –General George S. Patton, Jr.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.