AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-28, 02:20   Link #321
erfine
hugs@Ranka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d
I saw this randomly today and it's very funny How Sheryl made it in the Saimoe 2008 tournament is beyond me.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2147

Seems like Ranka's raking out the Macross Frontier Pow in this tournament. Ranka's popularity in 2chan surprised me. I didn't think she's this popular. She's no push over lol
I guess this is your first Saimoe. (Psst... It's 2ch, not 2chan... they're two different things...)

You're looking at voting from the prelims. The total number of votes floating around in any round depend on a bunch of things, such as the characters that are in that round. With Hina and the twins present, you're sure to have high participation and high vote counts. Comparing results between rounds is like comparing apples and oranges.

Once the main thing tournament starts, it gets even more complicated, with people trying to vote off the more popular characters, or revenge voting after their favorite loses, and so on. Good luck trying to figure out popularity from all that.
Old 2008-07-28, 02:24   Link #322
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
In the top right corner, is that the one girl from Night Wizard, or is that the girl from that one anime with the pets and the evil corporation that has a really depressing ending? I forgot the name, sadly. But the one main character kid is pretty emotionless until he meets her, and he's a Class A I believe. His little pet thing is a gun, basically...
Shiika from Mushi-Uta.
Old 2008-07-28, 09:34   Link #323
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sheryl is moe enough to be in Saimoe, she's obviously not a moe blob but neither are C.C and Mion who have gone fairly deep into SaiMoe's/Best Moe's. IIRC the year Rika won Saimoe Mion absolutely slaughtered everyone except K-1 in a poll on the higurashi website for most popular character. Even though Mion is my fav character from Higura I wouldn't vote for her over Rika, Hanyu and Rena in a Moe contest.

Sheryl being in Saimoe isn't exactly as bad as Clare and Terasa from Claymore now is it XD?

And you shouldn't look too much into preliminaries, big names like Hina and the twins can really inflate votes. People making predictions based on preliminaries votes have been burned a lot. Some characters can go from champ to chump in the space of a round. I've seen characters who scored 500 votes in the previous rounds beat out their opponents who have scored over 1000 in their previous.

Anyway I'll be giving SaiMoe a miss this year, can't stand that fake voting bullcrap they go on, waiting on Korea's BestMoe, by the way how did Horo from Spice and Wolf do in the prelims? If any newcomer wins Saimoe I'll want it to be her, Fate chan is going to fall short again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1 View Post
nobody likes Alto or Lelouch. They both think they're all that, which is a phail on polls. Every1 likes Sheryl cuz Sheryl is an original character, gives hopes and dreams, and sings well.
Uh love or hate him Lelouch will go down as one of the most popular characters from this decade...
Old 2008-07-28, 11:21   Link #324
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

Sheryl being in Saimoe isn't exactly as bad as Clare and Terasa from Claymore now is it XD?
*spits out coffee* Don't tell me Clare or Teresa were ever on Saimoe? That, that is just wrong. They are so much the opposite of moe it's not even funny. They make Sheryl look moe if she ever stood within 10 feet of them.

Quote:
nobody likes Alto or Lelouch. They both think they're all that, which is a phail on polls. Every1 likes Sheryl cuz Sheryl is an original character, gives hopes and dreams, and sings well.
Um, what? Are you serious? Do you realize how insanely popular Lelouch is in both Japan and the west? And I'm not saying that cause I'm a Lulu fan, I'm saying that because if you look at any poll anywhere Lulu is usually smashing the competition. The polls here on AS are the only polls I've ever seen where someone has beat Lulu or been close to him and even that is only by literally one or two votes. C.C. and Lulu are neck and neck in the AS polls and are leading all the other characters by a pretty large gap. In Japanese magazine polls Lelouch is always number 1. On the official CG website polls he is also always number 1.

Last edited by zalem; 2008-07-28 at 13:54.
Old 2008-07-28, 11:36   Link #325
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
I guess this is your first Saimoe. (Psst... It's 2ch, not 2chan... they're two different things...)

You're looking at voting from the prelims. The total number of votes floating around in any round depend on a bunch of things, such as the characters that are in that round. With Hina and the twins present, you're sure to have high participation and high vote counts. Comparing results between rounds is like comparing apples and oranges.

Once the main thing tournament starts, it gets even more complicated, with people trying to vote off the more popular characters, or revenge voting after their favorite loses, and so on. Good luck trying to figure out popularity from all that.
Oh yeah, 2ch It stands for channel, right? I guess that's one of the downside in having an uber big online tournament like this. With too many people participating, you can't tell which ones are there to participate or ruin the competition. No matter how the votes got casted in, the vote raking characters get some spotlight together with the series they represent. More popularity boosters for the series staff.

Here's another Macross_F related scan from the Saimoe. Anyone knows what it says?

Spoiler:
Old 2008-07-28, 18:04   Link #326
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post

Here's another Macross_F related scan from the Saimoe. Anyone knows what it says?

Spoiler:
Oh, a Taiwanese version of Saimoe. Can't say I am surprised, being the largest consumer of Japanese pop culture and all. Actually the text is nothing major, the first block states a brief synopsis of MACROSS FRONTIER, while the following 3 blocks are simply anticipating opinions of the series by different individuals. Nothing major, really.

- Tak (If you want a direct translation, I can do that later, but me gotta jam, sorry)

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2008-07-28, 21:27   Link #327
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
*spits out coffee* Don't tell me Clare or Teresa were ever on Saimoe? That, that is just wrong. They are so much the opposite of moe it's not even funny. They make Sheryl look moe if she ever stood within 10 feet of them.

Um, what? Are you serious? Do you realize how insanely popular Lelouch is in both Japan and the west? And I'm not saying that cause I'm a Lulu fan, I'm saying that because if you look at any poll anywhere Lulu is usually smashing the competition. The polls here on AS are the only polls I've ever seen where someone has beat Lulu or been close to him and even that is only by literally one or two votes. C.C. and Lulu are neck and neck in the AS polls and are leading all the other characters by a pretty large gap. In Japanese magazine polls Lelouch is always number 1. On the official CG website polls he is also always number 1.
I'm not gonna comment because this is macross frontier forum. Just gonna comment Sheryl reached triple digits!!! woot!!!
Old 2008-07-28, 22:06   Link #328
MaiHikari

Quote:
I'm not gonna comment because this is macross frontier forum. Just gonna comment Sheryl reached triple digits!!! woot!!!
Banzai!! Hail to the queen

I realize she's more popular among mature fans whereas Ranka reals in the younger teens and pre-teens generation. Kawamori is a smart man and wants the reap the most profit out of his creation.
Old 2008-07-28, 23:33   Link #329
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Um, what? Are you serious? Do you realize how insanely popular Lelouch is in both Japan and the west? And I'm not saying that cause I'm a Lulu fan, I'm saying that because if you look at any poll anywhere Lulu is usually smashing the competition.
I can't say I don't like Lulu, although in all seriousness, if the polls weren't geared towards younger fans, Lulu wouldn't get this much votes.

Put him next to Reinhard from LoGH and poll it amongst older fans, the results would be vastly different. No less because Lulu is CG's supernatural version of Reinhard with similarities all the way from being a gifted strategist to having a serious sis-complex issues.

- Tak

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2008-07-29, 03:14   Link #330
herbert

Quote:
Anyway I'll be giving SaiMoe a miss this year, can't stand that fake voting bullcrap they go on, waiting on Korea's BestMoe
Fake votes are alawys a part of Saimoe. Doesn't matter how much you dislike them, BestMoe hardly replaces Saimoe. It just doesn't feels like a festival.

Quote:
by the way how did Horo from Spice and Wolf do in the prelims? If any newcomer wins Saimoe I'll want it to be her
She did well. She is in 1st place of Group 14 with 732 votes. But there wasn't any heavyhitter in her group (Satoko from Higurashi and Wilhelmina from Shana).

Quote:
Fate chan is going to fall short again!
When there is no doll?
Old 2008-07-29, 08:39   Link #331
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalem
They did, they did XD Was last year of course, they might even be in this years Saimoe since Claymore run to October last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert
Fake votes are alawys a part of Saimoe. Doesn't matter how much you dislike them, BestMoe hardly replaces Saimoe. It just doesn't feels like a festival.
BestMoe's big enough for me, and the fake votes bullshit and disdain for non japanese ips annoys the shit out of me.

Quote:
She did well. She is in 1st place of Group 14 with 732 votes. But there wasn't any heavyhitter in her group (Satoko from Higurashi and Wilhelmina from Shana
Could be a good sign she got so many votes in such a weak group though! Horo ftw, where the fuck is the season 2 announcement DVD's are selling really well...

Quote:
When there is no doll?
I'm a massive Feito-chan fan.. but I think her time has passed... I also think this years winner is going to be another Rika where someone slips through with all the big names dropping.
Old 2008-07-29, 08:42   Link #332
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Wow i thought i was the only Canaria fan good to see others take note of her.
Old 2008-07-29, 11:36   Link #333
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

^She's piloting the Monster. That'll serve her well.
Old 2008-07-31, 02:45   Link #334
herbert

Quote:
I'm a massive Feito-chan fan.. but I think her time has passed... I also think this years winner is going to be another Rika where someone slips through with all the big names dropping.
I guess you haven't heard about this. I won't be surprised if Fate-chan win 2008 and 09 Saimoe consecutively.

Quote:
Could be a good sign she got so many votes in such a weak group though! Horo ftw, where the fuck is the season 2 announcement DVD's are selling really well...
I'm little bit tired of reading Spice and Wolf novel (haven't finished 5th because of that). But I have to say the 3rd vol is my fav. of all S&W novels.

Btw, have you been on MW recently? It's a big surprise for me that Klan Klan's popularity drops that hard, I am little regretful to vote Sheryl instead of Klan-chan. (What heck is that I am using "btw" for only thing in this post can be considered on topic?)

Last edited by herbert; 2008-07-31 at 02:59.
Old 2008-07-31, 03:17   Link #335
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah but won't Saimoe be over by the time that comes out, sure it will give her an initial boost but can it last? And I expect big names to get targeted bad this year.

As for Klan's drop on MW, it's expected I guess, Girls pt 2 was done after episode 10 and she finally got an episode with focus on her in 9.
Old 2008-08-01, 01:23   Link #336
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Speaking of which, oh noes! Alto caught up with Klan in this poll!
Old 2008-08-01, 01:41   Link #337
.Mero

Klein doesn't get enough screentime... thats probably why >_< we need more Meltran buttkicking goodness
Old 2008-08-01, 02:22   Link #338
Westlo
Lets be reality

Wants to vote for Ozma now!
Old 2008-08-01, 09:14   Link #339
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

HAHA I did vote for Ozma from the beginning. Don't get me wrong I love Sheryl but my favorite is Ozma.

Gotta love the man's man type characters.

BOMBER!
Old 2008-08-01, 09:26   Link #340
mike_s_6

Made the right choice in voting for Ozma, how I wish I could also add Michael and Grace. :P
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite