AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-14, 21:41   Link #781
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Lacus and Kira already made history by staying up for this long without anything to go with (just pure fanbase).. Rei was there as well, but then again NGE release something periodically to keep her afloat while being in the chart.

GS and GSD .. none whatsoever.. Wait till the movie comes out, both will hug their respecive throne ones again

@ Natchan .. Kira Yamato + Uzumaki Naruto, call me a tard.. but those 2 are the first 2 series that I watched and made me fall into anime junkies like you all
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-03-14, 21:44   Link #782
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

I can't wait myself, I am a bigger fan of that couple than this one. If Ohnogi have something to call his greatest achievement, GS/GSD is it.

- Tak

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2009-03-15, 03:23   Link #783
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Well, as long as Sheryl stays on the polls, then all is fine with me. I've learned not to care how these polls work a long time ago.
Old 2009-03-15, 11:49   Link #784
zalem

OT but....gah, that Kiefer sig is awesome. I need a Kiefer avatar or sig.
Old 2009-03-19, 16:18   Link #785
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

I've just come across this. This is for you hardcore Sheryl fans.

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/012585/images/04.jpg
http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/012585/images/04.jpg

As expected, Sheryl wins the Miss Macross contest. Ranka is only on second place. Congrats! Alto won 3rd on Miss Macross lmao

Most favorite scenes:

01位 20話 ダイアモンド・クレバス
02位 25話 アナタノオト
03位 05話 スター・デイト
04位 24話 ラスト・フロンティア
05位 22話 ノーザン・クロス
06位 07話 ファースト・アタック
07位 01話 クロース・エンカウンター
08位 12話 ファステスト・デリバリー
09位 06話 バイバイ・シェリル
10位 08話 ハイスクール・クイーン

Mr. Macross

01位 早乙女 アルト
02位 ミハエル・ブラン
03位 オズマ・リー
04位 ブレラ・スターン
05位 レオン・三島
06位 ジェフリー・ワイルダー

Miss Macross

01位 シェリル・ノーム
02位 ランカ・リー
03位 早乙女 アルト
04位 ボビー・マルゴ
05位 クラン・クラン
06位 グレイス・オコナー

Hmm, so you can vote more than once. I've seen lots of complaining about Ranka coming in second but well what can they do it's just a poll. But the biggest question is...will this affect the progression of the movie? If at all?? Dun dun dun...I've seen lots say this is the answer to the love triangle hahah
Old 2009-03-19, 16:46   Link #786
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei19 View Post
I've seen lots say this is the answer to the love triangle hahah [/FONT][/B]
Who is 'lots'? As far as this forum is concerned, we are not even relating this poll to the triangle in any manner (thus far).

The biggest surprise of this poll however, is Alto for actually winning Mr. Macross. I predicted Banana, but I guess I was wrong.

- Tak

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Old 2009-03-19, 17:00   Link #787
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist

And he was actually 3rd in the girl's side of the poll? THAT was something...

Old 2009-03-19, 17:02   Link #788
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Who's banana? XD I wanted Brera to win something too.
Old 2009-03-19, 17:04   Link #789
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
Who's banana? XD I wanted Brera to win something too.
I think you just answered... your own question...

Yes, Banana is the community nickname for Berera...

- Tak (And to think he is not top 3, that is just wrong)

Old 2009-03-19, 17:49   Link #790
justavisitor

@Mei19

Where are the complaints that Ranka comes in second?? From japanese internet sites?? PPl want her to move up or down? (the word compliant can be confusing ) Just curious to know how's Ranka doing in her hometown (Japan is not exactly her hometown, but anyway XD)
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-03-19, 19:57   Link #791
raile
<3
*Author

Kinda surprised how episode 8 is there on the list. And awws...most of the episodes there involve Alto/Sheryl.

As for the complaints, life is like that.
Old 2009-03-19, 21:09   Link #792
justavisitor

I just don't know if ppl complaint that Ranka is on the second, or complaints that she is just on the second you know, compliant can go both ways so I am just curious to find out, that's all, and where are the complaints coming from?? Japan??

Anyway, glad to see Ranka is up there XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-03-19, 21:11   Link #793
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

I highly doubt the producers would care if the complaints were to originate from anywhere outside of East Asia.

Although based on the Macross Frontier BBS on the official site, I have yet to see a single complaint of the sort. In fact, the discussion right now is centered on Mike.

- Tak

Old 2009-03-19, 21:15   Link #794
justavisitor

@Tak

Mei19 said she saw some complaints about Ranka being on second..just wondering where are those complaints coming from...so you mean it's from Japan??

And of course, I don't think producers care any complaints outside of East Asia either (actually, I don't think producers listen to any complaints, just like the authority of F1 that decides the stupid newest F1 rule about championship, I know it's off topic to discuss F1 in here..but the newest rule is really dumb)

Last edited by justavisitor; 2009-03-19 at 21:29.
Old 2009-03-19, 22:40   Link #795
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
And he was actually 3rd in the girl's side of the poll? THAT was something...
I'm actually more interested in why Bobby is not in the men's list and ranks 4th on the girls'.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-03-19, 22:45   Link #796
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Ah gomen, justavisitor! I'm not lying. I'm talking about 2ch. Some were dissatisfied with the results. Basic whining here and there. Scroll down around 2009/03/19. I never knew how interesting the people there are. I dunno what they're talking about now but a while ago it was interesting, I even saw someone calling Sheryl "bichi" hahah Wow...

I think the last link had some people analyzing the votes. It seems like the majority of the votes came from the internet explorer (maybe this includes overseas fans?). Hmm...Atleast that's what I understood. Can some fluent japanese confirm that. If they're still talking about it that is. Btw is Cagalli hated in Japan? They were comparing Ranka to her and to Lacus and to God and to Minmei lmao

http://pc11.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/net/1235919213/
http://changi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/...236438170/l50x
http://changi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/...236258593/l50x

IMO, more than Sheryl and Ranka, I think Kawamori should feel a little self-conscious now. Ohnogi's episode 20 beat his troller episode 25 to number 1. It's time Kawamori gives us a better movie run by himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I'm actually more interested in why Bobby is not in the men's list and ranks 4th on the girls'.
But Bobby is a woman. What are you talking about?
Old 2009-03-19, 22:49   Link #797
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I guess Bobby's GAR side doesn't count lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-03-19, 22:58   Link #798
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

So you gave me a mixture of an analytical thread, hate Ranka thread (where one user talks about how to rape Ranka) and debate thread... while none of them specifically mentioned the supposed dissatisfaction about Ranka being 2nd?

I mean, sure, two threads are Ranka centered, but they are not even really talking about her that much. Seriously, 2ch is not a person's best source of information, even if you understand 2ch lingo.

Quote:
IMO, more than Sheryl and Ranka, I think Kawamori should feel a little self-conscious now. Ohnogi's episode 20 beat his troller episode 25 to number 1. It's time Kawamori gives us a better movie run by himself.
Yeah, well, 20 wouldn't beat his all-time troller if his dictatorship over his own flagship title didn't ruin it in the first place. Hey, he had 17 episodes to prove his worth, he fucked up, almost put MF out of the polls and ratings. He had no excuse.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2009-03-19 at 23:11.
Old 2009-03-19, 23:07   Link #799
justavisitor

@Mei19

I am not saying you are lying lol..just wondering are those complaints from japanese site (eg 2ch) and turns out that the complaints are from 2ch XD

Well, I guess Kawamori must be happy that 2ch posters are discussing the polls after the series was over half of a year ago (and he must be even happier if he knows posters from overseas are also talking about this poll XD)

I never say you are lying lol, and once again, thanks for the info!!!

P.S
After paying a visit to 2ch, I must say I like Animesuki a bit more now...
Old 2009-03-19, 23:42   Link #800
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭

Quote:
I think the last link had some people analyzing the votes. It seems like the majority of the votes came from the internet explorer (maybe this includes overseas fans?).
Are you referring to this link: http://find.2ch.net/enq/result.php/500/l50

If you are, please note that its a survey on what browser people use when they visit 2ch, not the vote.

Especially since such information is not released.

- Tak

Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite