AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Who are your favorite characters?
Alto Saotome 202 36.59%
Sheryl Nome 388 70.29%
Ranka Lee 159 28.80%
Brera Sterne 75 13.59%
Ozma Lee 127 23.01%
Cathy Glass 62 11.23%
Klan Klan 203 36.78%
Mikhail Blanc (aka Michel) 156 28.26%
Luca Angeloni 24 4.35%
Nanase Matsuura 23 4.17%
Canaria Berstein 18 3.26%
Leon Mishima 13 2.36%
Howard Glass 6 1.09%
Grace O'Connor 41 7.43%
Bobby Margot 61 11.05%
Nene Rora 14 2.54%
Raramia Rerenia 13 2.36%
Jeffrey Wilder 18 3.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 552. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-11-24, 18:49   Link #1141
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
I'm actually surprised Klan is so high in the poll. I didn't think she was that much liked around here. Guess it does help that she's one Meltlandi who has the best of both worlds.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-11-24, 19:19   Link #1142
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm actually surprised Klan is so high in the poll. I didn't think she was that much liked around here. Guess it does help that she's one Meltlandi who has the best of both worlds.
Wut? Klan is actually a character of whom I have never seen any serious criticism about. If she'd been the third one in the triangle instead of Ranka, we'd had a real contest on our hands, instead of a rout.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2009-11-24, 19:30   Link #1143
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Wut? Klan is actually a character of whom I have never seen any serious criticism about.
True, though my fact is i've never really heard anyone talk about how good she is. That's what i mean.
__________________
Shiroth is offline  
Old 2009-11-24, 20:08   Link #1144
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
True, though my fact is i've never really heard anyone talk about how good she is. That's what i mean.
We did back then, although rather intermitently. We were kinda, uh, occupied with the ship battles.

But Klan is one of the best characters of the series, quite better than Ranka, in fact.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2009-11-24, 20:11   Link #1145
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
But Klan is one of the best characters of the series
You misspelled "Nanase."
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2009-11-24, 20:27   Link #1146
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
You misspelled "Nanase."
Sorry, even with the oversized bust, there's no way to confuse the two.
__________________
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2009-11-24, 20:51   Link #1147
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Sorry, even with the oversized bust, there's no way to confuse the two.
I'll just let this speak for itself...

Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2009-11-24, 22:43   Link #1148
ippus
An Avid YotStrife shipper
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In a hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
I'll just let this speak for itself...


LIES.


Bobby is CLEARLY the best character. He's infinitely more manly that every male in the show and infinitely moar womanly than every woman.

Bobby is t3h seckz. All who disagree would be sent swarms of Vajira STDs and YOU WILL LIKE IT.
ippus is offline  
Old 2009-11-24, 22:58   Link #1149
Foreshadow
Nyaa~
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Age: 26
Klan would like to have a word with you...

Spoiler for alittle bit scary, so I'll put it in tags:
Foreshadow is offline  
Old 2009-11-24, 23:06   Link #1150
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippus View Post

LIES.


Bobby is CLEARLY the best character. He's infinitely more manly that every male in the show and infinitely moar womanly than every woman.

Bobby is t3h seckz. All who disagree would be sent swarms of Vajira STDs and YOU WILL LIKE IT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadow View Post
Klan would like to have a word with you...

Spoiler for alittle bit scary, so I'll put it in tags:

Um...Kira...?
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2009-11-25, 00:45   Link #1151
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Nanase was nothing more than a cheerleader for Ranka...

At least Bobby had some character.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-11-25, 01:41   Link #1152
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Nanase was nothing more than a cheerleader for Ranka...
Whatever drugs you're taking, they must be some good stuff, man.

She was also a lust object for Luca, a fashion designer who caught Grace's attention, and her unfortunate accident gave Sheryl the opportunity to shine her absolute brightest.

Also, she was hot. That fact should not be overlooked.
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2009-11-25, 01:54   Link #1153
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Whatever drugs you're taking, they must be some good stuff, man.

She was also a lust object for Luca, a fashion designer who caught Grace's attention, and her unfortunate accident gave Sheryl the opportunity to shine her absolute brightest.

Also, she was hot. That fact should not be overlooked.
I don't do drugs and I deal in reality. her unfortunate accident allowing Sheryl to shine could have happened with ANYBODY. And a lust object for Luca? What exactly did that do? Kind of like the Sheryl Nome connection to Macross Zero did nothing.

I'm not the one doing drugs...
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-11-25, 02:07   Link #1154
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I don't do drugs and I deal in reality. her unfortunate accident allowing Sheryl to shine could have happened with ANYBODY. And a lust object for Luca? What exactly did that do? Kind of like the Sheryl Nome connection to Macross Zero did nothing.

I'm not the one doing drugs...
You "deal in reality" and yet you rage at people who aren't madly in love with an anime character.

Must be some pretty hard shit you're taking.

And I don't like Nanase for what she *does,* I like her for who she *is.*
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2009-11-25, 02:28   Link #1155
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
I don't rage if someone isn't madly in love with an anime character. What drugs are you on?

So you like Nanase because she's a Ranka cheerleader. Gotcha.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-11-25, 02:31   Link #1156
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
So you like Nanase because she's a Ranka cheerleader. Gotcha.
Your reading comprehension needs a little work. Should I use smaller words so that you can understand?
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2009-11-25, 02:51   Link #1157
justinstrife
Queen Sheryl's Protector
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: John Galt Railroad
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to justinstrife Send a message via Skype™ to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
You "deal in reality" and yet you rage at people who aren't madly in love with an anime character.

Must be some pretty hard shit you're taking.

And I don't like Nanase for what she *does,* I like her for who she *is.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Your reading comprehension needs a little work. Should I use smaller words so that you can understand?
Being a Ranka cheerleader is who she is. My reading comprehension is fine.

I think I finally figured out why you constantly send me PM's and reply to every other post I make in the sub-forum. I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out. You secretly have a crush on me.

I'm flattered really. It's just, I don't swing that way. I have a girlfriend and am happy thank you. I'm touched though. Really. So it's not you. It's me.
__________________
justinstrife is offline  
Old 2009-11-25, 03:32   Link #1158
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Being a Ranka cheerleader is who she is. My reading comprehension is fine.

I think I finally figured out why you constantly send me PM's and reply to every other post I make in the sub-forum. I can't believe it took me this long to figure it out. You secretly have a crush on me.

I'm flattered really. It's just, I don't swing that way. I have a girlfriend and am happy thank you. I'm touched though. Really. So it's not you. It's me.
For someone who supposedly "deals with reality," you're going off the deep end. (Unless you're a girl, and you look like Nanase. Then yes, I'd have a crush on you.)

(If anything, I think it's the opposite, since you have claimed more than a few times that you have put me on ignore, but clearly you can't quit me. )

(Sorry, that was a cheap shot. I'll stop that now.)

No. The real problem is that you barged out of nowhere, tossing insults out like they were Cracker Jack prizes. After you said that Frontier had the "worst ending ever," and that anyone who liked it was on LSD, I hoped I'd seen the last of you.

But you came back, as charming and as even-tempered as ever.

So I figured I'd call you out, get on your case...essentially, give you the same contempt you give others, including me.

If you want to be a big internet tough guy, go ahead. But I'll call you on your shit.

And unlike you, I've actually given (and continue to give) something to the English-speaking Macross fandom. And yes, that includes you.

Do I enjoy the fact that my translations can bring joy to someone who said I was on drugs, that I had no idea of what an adult relationship was like, that my English was poor, that I had no life, that I'm a Macross noob, and any of the other things you've said to me? Not really. But it doesn't really bother me either. I can't control who reads them, so why worry about it?

So I hope you're enjoying the remastered fansubs of SDFM. I hope you liked My Fair Minmay. I'm sure you'll love the Misa Hayase book, the SDFM film comics, Macross the First, and all the other stuff I'm working on.

And feel free to insult me while you enjoy them. Or you could be a man, say you're sorry, and be done with it.

But I've gone off-topic and wasted everyone's time long enough. If you have other choice words for me, feel free to PM me.
Yot-chan is offline  
Old 2009-11-25, 03:50   Link #1159
ippus
An Avid YotStrife shipper
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: In a hole
...
whoa? what the hell just happened :'D

@Foreshadow: Wow, so manly and womanly at the same time lmfao
I suppose she's good competition but IT'S NOT TO THE LEVEL OF BOBBY-SAMA.

The world simply has not seen so much hawtasm in one man.
ippus is offline  
Old 2009-11-25, 04:02   Link #1160
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Spoiler for yot-chan and justinfire:
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
characters, favorite

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.