AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 266 57.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 101 22.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 2.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 1.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.44%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 5.88%
Voters: 459. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-07, 22:24   Link #1201
orangejuicetang
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Age: 23
And some reasons why Rollo is Suspect:
-He has the most motive

-He activated his Geass right at the moment when Shirley said Nunually

-The mask and locket fell right after he heard Shirley say Nunually and used his geass, which could symbolize his false personality of being a loving brother disappearing and his true personality as an assassian taking over.

-Who could attack him and get away from his Geass? Apart from Orange and he was talking with Lelouch the entire time. If it was someone else, Rollo could have geassed him as well. Then, there would be two dead bodies.

-What info could Shirley reveal? She has no idea who killed her. One moment she talking with Rollo, the next she's lying in a pool of her own blood with no memory of how she got there.
-Why would Rollo flee the scene and not help Shirley?

-The Episode's Name Was Assassian From The Past. Who fits that bill? Rollo was the only one who was a trained assassian in the past.

-There was no one else there. Suzuku was outside directing firemen, the mall was evacuated, and Lelouch was on the roof with Orange. Who else could it have been?

-Rollo could have been rushed since he didn't know how long before Lelouch came down, and if Lelouch saw him killing Shirley then it wouldn't be good for Rollo. Considering that Shirley was still alive, it couldn't have been that long between her being shot and Lelouch finding her.

-It's kind of hard to protect someone when your perception of time is frozen. If her perception of time wasn't frozen when she was shot, then she would have warned Lelouch about who it was since she would want Lelouch to be safe, and the person who shot her obviously might be a danger to Lelouch.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 22:29   Link #1202
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
But secondary characters don't demand entire episodes with there problem on a pedestal in an anime reaching it's final arc of the series...To validate the screentime in any literary work worth it's weight you can't have secondary character arcs as the main dish when there's a starving crowd waiting to eat and a clear time limit on how long they can be at the table...If you started Shirley's arc in the start then you could solve it with perhaps more care than the obvious eraser-technique that was used here, however that wasn't the case and they chose to go the straight emotional impact route with it...I honestly believe it's worst if they let her survive the scene because that would be really pointless and mind-numbing overkill at this juncture in the series...I think they were rather brave to do it like this given the episode count...

sorry to but in but i always wanted to ask you this, why do you keep using bits of red ink in every post
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 22:47   Link #1203
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
sorry to but in but i always wanted to ask you this, why do you keep using bits of red ink in every post
Wow haven't been asked this in 3 or 4 years now I think...The Redword is what I deem to be the most important word, phrase, or text in any given wingdarkness post...Over the years it has just become my staple, and somehow I have spawned many followers who try to use it with me and against me^^...But it's basically my calling-card or to be on topic, my geass-eye ...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 22:53   Link #1204
JesseJamesRocket
Maniacally loveable.
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
I just want to throw this out there since it seems no one is considering it much amidst the sadness surrounding Shirley's death, and the subsequent hate toward Rolo... If Shirley wanted her murderer to pay, suffer, or whatever, she would have told Lelouche. She had plenty of time to do so. Shirley's character and role in Code Geass was all about forgiveness. Whoever did this, Rolo, or whoever was forgiven by Shirley. We may not be so forgiving, but we don't have to hate...
JesseJamesRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 23:00   Link #1205
Crontica
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: My Desk
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Wow haven't been asked this in 3 or 4 years now I think...The Redword is what I deem to be the most important word, phrase, or text in any given wingdarkness post...Over the years it has just become my staple, and somehow I have spawned many followers who try to use it with me and against me^^...But it's basically my calling-card or to be on topic, my geass-eye ...
Haha nice to know, so it is basically your hip version of bolded text




Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonScythe View Post
Ok, so here's my theory.


The Knight of One would realize that Rolo's loyalty has changed. Rolo immediately Geasses, and the time freezes. However, assuming that the Knight of One is all powerful, he would break the barrier, and capture Rolo. This would free Shirley from the time freeze, and Shirley will certainly try to stop the Knight of One. The Knight of One will fend off Shirley, reversing her gun pointed at him, making her shoot herself. He would then take Rolo away, which explains why Rolo was not there afterwards when Shirley is dying away.

That, to me, is much more believable than the Suzaku story. Plus, how the hell would Suzaku break the time Geass, I doubt he would have that willpower. To me, the Knight of One seems much more powerful and should be able to break the Geass, and besides, the title of "Knight of One" is not a light title.

The thing is, if there was a third person, it must be a person strong enough to break Rolo's Geass.

If your theory is correct then i have afew suspects

Gino - we really havent seen him for some time nor do we know his past we dont know if he is hiding a split personalty

I forgot his name but the dude with his eyes sown shut is another suspect and hes a knight of one aswell

yeah the list is pretty small there is almost no one in this show who could be put at the Rollo & Shirley scene who else in this show could possibly ..... wait. nahhh it cant be V.V he was with cornelia...
__________________
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 23:04   Link #1206
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJamesRocket View Post
I just want to throw this out there since it seems no one is considering it much amidst the sadness surrounding Shirley's death, and the subsequent hate toward Rolo... If Shirley wanted her murderer to pay, suffer, or whatever, she would have told Lelouche. She had plenty of time to do so. Shirley's character and role in Code Geass was all about forgiveness. Whoever did this, Rolo, or whoever was forgiven by Shirley. We may not be so forgiving, but we don't have to hate...
That is if she actually knew who killed her. If she was put under that geass and then was suddenly injured wouldn't really know what happened. Doesn't know about Rollo's ability and could have assumed he went for help. Not to mention she knew her time was running out and had more important things to say to Lelouch about how she felt. Of course her message throughout the episode was about forgiveness.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 23:13   Link #1207
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
Haha nice to know, so it is basically your hip version of bolded text...
Well you kinda take all the luster away when you say it like that...It actually does have some meaning beyond that of bold, but to keep up impressions, wouldn't it have to?^^


Prolly totally off here but a feint thought passed thru my mind after seeing Shirley die and it was the twisted feeling that she killed herself somehow (Not to say Rolaid didn't want to kill her)...Then she just puts the cobra-clutch on Lulu's celly when he could have atleast called for help...It's like she wanted to die in a way to confirm her love or devotion...Just dropping an easter egg is all...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 23:13   Link #1208
Kayin
s c a r l e t
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: South FL
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Kayin
At this point a plot twist with Shirley's death would be stupid. We all know how Rollo is with other people getting close to Lulu. He's a jealous psycho, through and through.
__________________
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/7315/sigoop.gif
Kayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 23:23   Link #1209
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
The Lamperouge branch of the family is a cut above those other complacent fools in the rest of the tree
Schneizel and Cornelia would like to contest that argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
That is if she actually knew who killed her. If she was put under that geass and then was suddenly injured wouldn't really know what happened. Doesn't know about Rollo's ability and could have assumed he went for help. Not to mention she knew her time was running out and had more important things to say to Lelouch about how she felt. Of course her message throughout the episode was about forgiveness.
QTF.
I don't see any other possibility than Rolo. He had motive, and was the only one there. We know how he reacts when Nunnally is mentioned, and we KNOW how jealous he is with Lelouch. He is turning into the next Mao.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 23:49   Link #1210
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Orange County
Wow......WTF man....

I wonder if Lelou will hold Suzaku responsible for Shirley's death or will he bring hell to the one who is directly responsible for it. Orange-kun's royalty sure surprised the crap out of me. He's stats should be pretty high amongst the BKs.

As for who killed Shirley, I doubt it was Rolo just because with all the plot twist we have seen so far there has to be someone else.
JackRydden224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 23:51   Link #1211
Jibade
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Los Angeles, Ca
Send a message via AIM to Jibade Send a message via MSN to Jibade Send a message via Yahoo to Jibade
hello new to the forums

I was soo sad with the tragedy in this episode, that character represented to me innocence or overcoming hardships. That was my initial thoughts the moment the scene started but after the conversation. There was a message left, learn to forgive. So does anyone agree? Maybe this will change Zero's direction in his plans.

Also who was the composer to the closing music?


edit: crap we can say spoilers, I was mad when Shirley died but I think her dieing words are going to change Zero's direction now.
Jibade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 23:58   Link #1212
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
As for who killed Shirley, I doubt it was Rolo just because with all the plot twist we have seen so far there has to be someone else.
Actually, a lot of lot twists are usually pretty obvious. Kallen being rescued by Nunnally. Obvious (few expected it), Shirley's death. Obvious, people fought it on ground of it being too obvious. Nunnally saying Zero's methods are wrong? Obvious but hardly brought up. Those are just three that come to my mind for recent episodes.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 00:47   Link #1213
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Eden Hall
Btw. has anyone figured out what that could be?


Notice the Sword-of-Akasha-like sky.

Forgive me, but when i try to screen my VLC player i always get strange results, so youtube ftw. :x
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 01:00   Link #1214
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: The middle of the Middle of Nowhere
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
Btw. has anyone figured out what that could be?


Notice the Sword-of-Akasha-like sky.

Forgive me, but when i try to screen my VLC player i always get strange results, so youtube ftw. :x
Its been brought up before, with a higher-quality picture. The white object is obviously a mask, with an opening for the right eye. It might have something to do with the Cult.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 01:10   Link #1215
Proudleaf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzia View Post
Btw. has anyone figured out what that could be?


Notice the Sword-of-Akasha-like sky.

Forgive me, but when i try to screen my VLC player i always get strange results, so youtube ftw. :x
The engravings look very similar to that large door seen on that island in season 1 (where Lelouch and Suzaku faced off).
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 01:29   Link #1216
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
Shirley was geassed by everyone we know in the show: first Mao, Lulu, Charles then Orange. Her behaviour is nothing unusual considering how many times her neurons has been rearranged. Then finally Rollo.

She's actually my favourite girl simply because she's great eye candy and not overboard in anyway. I expected her to die from reading too much spoilers and speculations, sad but not too sad.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 01:41   Link #1217
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alaska
Age: 31
Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
Upon reading what everyone's saying, I didn't see anyone suggest the possibility I'm about to say, so if someone already brought up this possibility; Sorry. I guess I didn't catch it.

One possibility that could make Rollo innocent is that he activated the Geass because he saw an enemy, but in the process got Shirley shot. If this was the case, it's also possible that the reason he left Shirley's side was to continue pursuit of his opponent.

I personally don't know what to think of how Shirley died. Yes, just like many others, my initial reaction was, "Rollo's a bastard and must die now." He went from a character I can sympathize for to just someone who should be dealt with ASAP. But at the same time, because of the fact that he was someone I originally felt I can sympathize (yet not trust) for, I began to wonder if what we're shown is enough clues to point who the murderer was, or simply at the moment meant to make us believe so.
__________________
"Even in a crowd, I was always alone." - Ernest Hemmingway
"God asks no man whether he will accept life. That is not the choice. You must take it. The only choice is how." - Henry Ward Beecher
Friend: "Evidence that you guys are made of epic win." Me: "That wasn't my goal. My goal is chaos, fear and...eggs."
Phantom-Takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 01:42   Link #1218
Rurushu
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I watched the subbed version today. And when Shirley died, I cried. And got a serious hatred towards Rolo although of course that hatred was there before... It just made it grow.

The picture to me looks like a :Compilation of Geass, Door to Unknown Place, Sword of Akasha, and a Silhouette of a person. The plot depends on where that door leads however.
Rurushu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 01:50   Link #1219
Daniani
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
Upon reading what everyone's saying, I didn't see anyone suggest the possibility I'm about to say, so if someone already brought up this possibility; Sorry. I guess I didn't catch it.

One possibility that could make Rollo innocent is that he activated the Geass because he saw an enemy, but in the process got Shirley shot. If this was the case, it's also possible that the reason he left Shirley's side was to continue pursuit of his opponent.

I personally don't know what to think of how Shirley died. Yes, just like many others, my initial reaction was, "Rollo's a bastard and must die now." He went from a character I can sympathize for to just someone who should be dealt with ASAP. But at the same time, because of the fact that he was someone I originally felt I can sympathize (yet not trust) for, I began to wonder if what we're shown is enough clues to point who the murderer was, or simply at the moment meant to make us believe so.
We already have spoilers for the coming episode.

Spoiler for spoil:
Daniani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-08, 02:02   Link #1220
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom-Takaya View Post
Upon reading what everyone's saying, I didn't see anyone suggest the possibility I'm about to say, so if someone already brought up this possibility; Sorry. I guess I didn't catch it.

One possibility that could make Rollo innocent is that he activated the Geass because he saw an enemy, but in the process got Shirley shot. If this was the case, it's also possible that the reason he left Shirley's side was to continue pursuit of his opponent.

I personally don't know what to think of how Shirley died. Yes, just like many others, my initial reaction was, "Rollo's a bastard and must die now." He went from a character I can sympathize for to just someone who should be dealt with ASAP. But at the same time, because of the fact that he was someone I originally felt I can sympathize (yet not trust) for, I began to wonder if what we're shown is enough clues to point who the murderer was, or simply at the moment meant to make us believe so.
I'm pretty sure someone mentioned that possibility though don't quote me on it. Though still have a counter in mind for that kind of situation. First if Rollo saw an enemy he would have caught them in his field as well and thus no risk to Shirley. The only gun I can see would be the one in the hands of this mysterious other figure if he exists and Shirley. For Rollo to get a weapon he had to take it from Shirley and if he still shot her somehow he is the worst assassin I have ever seen in my life.

I'm just going to believe Rollo did it. If its proved otherwise I'll deal with it.
__________________
FlareKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.