AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-01, 09:43   Link #1301
Kitsu
The unlucky one

It was the first time Battler explained the Person x theory
Old 2009-04-01, 09:47   Link #1302
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

i don't have the save files anymore, it would be a mess to look for this scene, can anyone confirm this number or give the real one?

Old 2009-04-01, 09:49   Link #1303
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I'll go look~ since I haven't anything to do for now

Found the part:
"....When your 19th person folds, you will call 20th, and when your 20th person folds you will call a 21st
22th person
23th person
34th person
64358223579673204th person"

But it's said by Beatrice

Last edited by Kitsu; 2009-04-01 at 10:19.
Old 2009-04-01, 10:16   Link #1304
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Omg... Thank you Kitsu! ^^

You know after i had that "epiphany" about the riddle i always thought that to solve the riddle you need to remove numbers from the astronomical number written on the chapel. However i thought it was impossible to go on because that number was never mentioned.

And now... it looks like Ryukishi did show it under our nose! I know i know, maybe that number doesn't mean anything, but read further!

This number is on quadrillion tier:

64 quadrillions
358 trillions
223 billions
579 millions
673 thousands

And we know that Gorge while trying to read the number was thinking about "million trillion billion quadrillion".

I guess that you could still think this is a mere coincidence, but here there's something about this number that really makes me giggle:

The two who are close! XD

Old 2009-04-01, 10:17   Link #1305
Northernme

Edit - oh, you beat me to it. Well, never mind.

Spoiler for Astronomical numbers and chapels:
Old 2009-04-01, 10:20   Link #1306
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

No it's definitely in numeral, it's not written on a door. Roman number do not allow to write astronomical numbers and we know for sure this is an astronomical number that reaches or surpasses the quadrillion tier.

Old 2009-04-01, 10:22   Link #1307
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Since my Japanese sucks badly I can't look at the epiphany and try to solve it. So who is able to do it?

Uh~ btw till now it is notably that in every game Kanon confronted the culprit at least once and at least tried to fight. Also it's strange that he was shown in both second and third again...after his death. With the devils proof I could even say that he even came back in Episode 1 too.
Old 2009-04-01, 10:32   Link #1308
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I'm still left with the same dilemma. if the "gouge and kill game" must be applied on a number how exactly you do it?

Also the key is supposedly in katakana/hiragana or in romaji (chances that it's in kanji are near zero). so that's even another problem.

However that two who are close is quite sound, to think it is a mere coincidence it would be quite funny.

supposedly you need to remove them.
Do you have any suggestion on how head,stomach,leg,knee could refer to numbers?

Old 2009-04-01, 11:20   Link #1309
Kitsu
The unlucky one

1 head, one stomach, 2 legs so on xD?
No maybe it's like this
Head is the first number, stomach the middle, knee 3/4, leg last? Don't forget it's written that someone childish could solve it...if we trust Eva
Old 2009-04-01, 11:21   Link #1310
Northernme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
However that two who are close is quite sound, to think it is a mere coincidence it would be quite funny.
I'm not so sure about that; I mean, in the japanese the word used for two is 二人 (futari) which clearly refers to two people.. I don't think that wordplay works in japanese.
Old 2009-04-01, 11:32   Link #1311
Kitsu
The unlucky one

It doesn't work. I almost forgot
Btw
"The two will tell you of" means also two people. (In the beginning I thought it refers to the missing ehm how was the temple thing called which was mentioned in the beginning but then I asked a Chinese friend of mine to help me translate it myself)
Old 2009-04-01, 11:59   Link #1312
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

yes it is futari "two persons" but the riddle is obviously a play on words. "korose" means "kill" but you do not need to actually kill anyone. You can well suppose that whatever you need to "kill" they are described as persons in the riddle but they are not actually persons. Therefore "two persons" can be changed in "two numbers" as "kill" must be changed into "erase".
Initially i thought that the "two who are close" were just two letters or two numbers that would be left together, i didn't think that they were actually two "2".

About the numbers = persons, there is another thing that is funny about 64358223579673204

17 digits.

Old 2009-04-01, 12:06   Link #1313
Northernme

Spoiler for epitaph:
Old 2009-04-01, 12:14   Link #1314
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1103

Just mind these points:

1) you need to look to an atlas to find an answer
2) the river is not a river, the village is not a village, the shore is not a shore (you can easily come to this conclusion on ep3)
3) thinking about the ocean is the way to understand what the river actually is

Old 2009-04-01, 12:18   Link #1315
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I noticed something long ago and just thought because we talk about numbers~ I should say it
There are seven adults who want the inheritance. 7 sins and of course if there are 7 sin then there are 7 stakes.
Natsuhi-Pride
Kyrie-Envy
Rudolph-Lust
Eva-Greed
Rosa-Wrath
Krauss-Sloth(?)
Hideyoshi-Gluttony(?)

Also if ange had come to Rokkenjima then there would be seven "children" Shannon, Kanon, Battler, Geroge, Jessica, Maria and Ange

And there a 7 servants mentioned
Kumasawa, Genji, Gohda, Kanon, Shannon and the two who were off duty.
Old 2009-04-01, 12:26   Link #1316
Northernme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1103

Just mind these points:

1) you need to look to an atlas to find an answer
2) the river is not a river, the village is not a village, the shore is not a shore (you can easily come to this conclusion on ep3)
3) thinking about the ocean is the way to understand what the river actually is
Spoiler for epitaph:
Old 2009-04-01, 12:26   Link #1317
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Natsuhi-Pride
Kyrie-Envy
Rudolph-Lust
Eva-Greed
Rosa-Wrath
Krauss-Sloth(?)
Hideyoshi-Gluttony(?)
This does make sense! not sure about he children and the servants, but i do see a correspondence between the adults and the seven sins.

Quote:
Spoiler for epitaph:
Spoiler for epitaph ep3:

Old 2009-04-01, 12:34   Link #1318
Kitsu
The unlucky one

The children and the servants was just to show that the number seven appears quite a lot. And yeah that was the first i thought as I read all the names of the stakes and their sin in the TIP's mode. Only I'm not sure about Krauss and Hideyoshi sin. But you can't forget those sins aren't sins in the literal way, they are the reasons for them.

Oh and ehm...a little Episode 4 spoiler. I'm sorry
Spoiler for EPISODE 4:
Old 2009-04-01, 12:39   Link #1319
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Hideyoshi is a little fat and he is the head of a restaurant company. Gluttony fits him well.

As for Krauss he is a person that has the same talent of Kinzo (this has been said in the novel) but he can't make it work because he doesn't trust himself. According to a radical christian viewpoint, those who have the talent (a gift from God) must make use of it. Failing this equals to a deadly sin, which is: sloth.

Old 2009-04-01, 12:44   Link #1320
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I thought something about those lines.
I know that what Krauss does can be the sin of "Sloth" since my primary school was a catholic one and we were forced to go to the church often and talked often with the priests there, you can say I was raised as someone with a radical pointview but at some point I begun to rebel and now I'm kinda an atheist. So I understand and know what you mean, but I don't think japanese know that. It's so rare to think that way in my country why should a seemingly unchristian country know aout that way of thinkng
Closed Thread