AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-08-07, 20:37   Link #1781
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Unless them talking for so long was a faked scene, but I highly doubt that myself. One of the servants could have done it too but ended up dying somehow, as Battler said.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-08-07, 22:08   Link #1782
rogerpepitone
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
How is Maria excluded? Jessica is excluded; red text says she isn't a murderer.
rogerpepitone is offline  
Old 2009-08-08, 07:04   Link #1783
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Because there's no way a nine year old girl could set up that complex scene of the first twilight in Ep3. There are people scattered on several floors, and one inside the chapel.
Also if she used a fire weapon 4 times inside the house, the adults would have noticed, and barring that it's impossible she could cause such wounds with a spear.

Well, you could say it is still possible, but I think it is by no way more possible than the idea that one of the adults did the whole first twilight in a short time span using a potty break as an excuse to momentarily leave the "conference".

In the end if you use common logic everyone is innocent. Then you can't use common logic, but if you don't, the adults aren't out of suspicion anymore.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-08-08, 10:51   Link #1784
Marion
The Great Dine
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Plus with her size if Maria fired off a Winchester the recoil could easily snap her wrists.

As far as it goes I think one of the adults could be the main culprit, but they weren't able to leave the discussion so their accomplice, knowing they couldn't leave, did the murders for them.

Example: Gohda served the adults tea. If he was the accomplice he would know that whoever he was with probably wouldn't be able to get out.
__________________

Sig by nocco
Marion is offline  
Old 2009-08-08, 11:48   Link #1785
rogerpepitone
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Mare's Leg was not a high recoil weapon. It was designed to be used one-handed, after all.
rogerpepitone is offline  
Old 2009-08-08, 11:55   Link #1786
Kitsu
The unlucky one
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hiding
Quote:
Mare's Leg was not a high recoil weapon. It was designed to be used one-handed, after all.
First that was movie, second that was a movie! Of course in a movie you could make such a weapon a one-handed weapon but rebuilding it as a real weapon makes a high difference. THIRD MARIA IS NINE YEAR OLD CHILD! She doesn't do any sports, she is almost no strength in her arm, even shooting with a normal handgun could harm her
__________________
Thanks for the Signature, Vandakiara
Kitsu is offline  
Old 2009-08-08, 12:08   Link #1787
Anju-chan
Fly!!!
*Author
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: not tellin'
Age: 19
Thanks for all the answers guys!
__________________

Courtesy of ayu-smepai
Anju-chan is offline  
Old 2009-08-08, 13:15   Link #1788
rogerpepitone
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Kitsu: I found a guy who makes working reproductions of Mare's Leg. I emailed him and he says that they produce little recoil and can be fired one handed.
rogerpepitone is offline  
Old 2009-08-08, 13:23   Link #1789
Ithekro
The Comet is Coming
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 37
That may be, be a .45 Colt puts out a sizable kick in pistol form. While a normal rifle might have less kick, these sawed off jobs would still have some kick. And as mentioned, she's rather small.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline  
Old 2009-08-09, 19:14   Link #1790
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Why is it impossible she couldn't have killed Hideyoshi, Rudolf and Kyrie? She could have snuck out, since her door was locked and everyone was under the assumption she was sleeping inside. Although it's more likely there is a culprit that was hiding in the mansion and killed people off one by one. Maybe Eva and Beatrice teamed up, after Rosa and Maria's deaths?
It's more logical to assume, given the circumstances, that the three of them shot each other.

Besides, if Hideyoshi really did lie about Eva's whereabouts, that means that he is at least marginally willing to help her. Eva may be greedy for the gold, but that motive doesn't work as an excuse to kill Hideyoshi or George. Hideyoshi can't inherit anyway and George is the most important person in her life. At worst, she could have killed Kyrie and Rudolf after somehow sneaking out unnoticed and finding Hideyoshi shot, but it's still fairly questionable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
the funny thing about "she cannot have done the first twilight" is that for the same reason you should say the same for all the adults, Maria and Battler are excluded, the 6 sacrifices are dead and there was no suicide and no trap. You only have Nanjo George and Jessica left, however you are facing with the unlikely situation of either george and jessica killing the person they love, and Nanjo being an old man and all.
Nanjo is old, but we don't know how physically strong he really is yet (he sleeps a lot and acts weak, but we know he could well be a good liar). And it's possible he could have killed everyone by luring them away before killing them in the places they were found. In fact, it would be quite easy for Nanjo. "Kanon, come quickly, Shannon has been hurt!" "Mr. Gohda, I need your help to attend to Mr. Kinzo!" etc. George is possible if he woke up at night unnoticed, otherwise we're left with the adults at the conference.

If someone had been gone from the conference more than a few minutes, the next morning when the bodies were found I'm quite certain one of the other adults would've noted that. Which means that as far as I'm concerned, the only other option is not that one of the adults killed everyone in the First Twilight, but all of them did, or at least approved of someone doing it. That seems at odds with their behavior the next day.
Renall is offline  
Old 2009-08-10, 00:31   Link #1791
Magicberyl
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Spoiler for My thoughts:


Agh, i hate thinking about theories.
Magicberyl is offline  
Old 2009-08-12, 10:30   Link #1792
Volcanic
fire of fires
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vesuvius
Quote of the week:

"The simple explanation for Kyrie's death is something like: 'Kyrie and Rudolf took Hideyoshi to the mansion to blackmail him over Rosa's murder, but they had a falling-out with guns.'"


Because having a falling-out with guns is awesome.
Volcanic is offline  
Old 2009-08-12, 11:58   Link #1793
rogerpepitone
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
But what happened to those guns?
rogerpepitone is offline  
Old 2009-08-12, 12:15   Link #1794
Volcanic
fire of fires
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vesuvius
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
But what happened to those guns?
I dunno, it's just a random quote I found on TVTropes that gave me lulz
Volcanic is offline  
Old 2009-08-12, 22:51   Link #1795
Magicberyl
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
It says somewhere that the suspect took the Master Keys, why the hell does a Witch need keys if she can pop doors like previous cases?
Magicberyl is offline  
Old 2009-08-13, 11:01   Link #1796
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
In ep3? where does it say that?
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-08-13, 18:19   Link #1797
Magicberyl
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
In ep3? where does it say that?
if my memory doesn't fail me, it's Hideyoshi, Rudolf and Kyrie's keys.
Magicberyl is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 10:28   Link #1798
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Uhm you are right, they had one masterr key and that was stolen from them, along with the two guns.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 14:52   Link #1799
Kazuki_Kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Just finsihed Episode 3 last night.

OMG. I sort of saw the Beato twist coming. but Virgilia, really?! bitch! haha

Anyway, I sort of thought of something for the people who are denying magic outright. Your answer will come from whichever side you support, I suppose. Now, I haven't read episode 4, so correct me if i'm wrong, but,

IF Higurashi and Umineko are in the same universe, but just different kakera, how did Hanyuu use her magic in Higurashi, such as stopping time, granted a human form, etc? can you say the magic in that world wasn't real, either? what's to say magic can't be used in Umineko's world. There's proof of magic in Higurashi's kakera right?

there again, if Umineko is in a completely different universe, then i guess my theory is blown away. xD
__________________
My DeviantArt account :3: http://tidus-chan.deviantart.com/

Last edited by Kazuki_Kun; 2009-08-14 at 15:51.
Kazuki_Kun is offline  
Old 2009-08-14, 14:59   Link #1800
Volcanic
fire of fires
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Vesuvius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazuki_Kun View Post
IF Higurashi and Umineko are in the same universe, but just different kakera, how did Hanyuu use her magic in Higurashi, such as stopping time, granted a human form, etc? can you say the magic in that world wasn't real, either? what's to say magic can't be used in Umineko's world. There's proof of magic in Higurashi's kakera right?
It's implied that Higurashi is actually a book or something like that in the first game. However, I like to think that it's just a Red Herring, and Higurashi and Umineko take place in the same world.

I also like to think that Hanyuu's powers are the true powers of a god, not "magic." So it all depends on your view, really.
Volcanic is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.