AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-01-10, 02:44   Link #241
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Urahara and Yoruichi is about as canon as it gets...

(Oh and of course, NelxIchigo. We can't forget that!)
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 10:09   Link #242
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
About IchixNel:
Quote:
Why it wouldn’t work: No idea? I suppose it’s too new.
Iunno,maybe because she's an espada?!
The only romance in bleach worth developing would be...YoruichixSoifon!!! but if you're looking for boring straight stuff, I suppose RenjixRukia or something would do...but only at the end of the series!
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 11:53   Link #243
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
How come i never post here?

Anyway, good analysis by TwilightHack about the possibly developing/or not "couples", considering the way things stand now.
I am looking forward however to the next chapter, as Orihime made her appearance again. [in terms of when Ichigo is there as well. My obvious preference is obvious.]
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 17:15   Link #244
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by HassenSekkai View Post
About IchixNel:
Iunno,maybe because she's an espada?!
The only romance in bleach worth developing would be...YoruichixSoifon!!! but if you're looking for boring straight stuff, I suppose RenjixRukia or something would do...but only at the end of the series!
So? Who give a shit if she's an espada? She's clearly the hot and the good kind. She sacrificed herself to save Ichigo from Noi and shows him way more affection than any other female character to date. She's loyal, trustworthy and hot - what other reason could you possibly need?

The way I see it, it's no less unbelievable than thinking a dead Ichigo and a live Orihime will live happily ever after (People always seem to forget that Ichigo is dead. What kind of normal life could they possibly have together?)
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 17:34   Link #245
Syphen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
So? Who give a shit if she's an espada? She's clearly the hot and the good kind. She sacrificed herself to save Ichigo from Noi and shows him way more affection than any other female character to date. She's loyal, trustworthy and hot - what other reason could you possibly need?

The way I see it, it's no less unbelievable than thinking a dead Ichigo and a live Orihime will live happily ever after (People always seem to forget that Ichigo is dead. What kind of normal life could they possibly have together?)
about as normal as ichigo's parents had
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 17:59   Link #246
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
about as normal as ichigo's parents had
You can't know that. We don't know if Masaki was an ex Soul Reaper yet either Considering she appeared able to see Grand Fisher (enough to throw herself into his path to protect Ichigo) I'd say it's a likely possibility.
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 21:58   Link #247
Syphen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
You can't know that. We don't know if Masaki was an ex Soul Reaper yet either Considering she appeared able to see Grand Fisher (enough to throw herself into his path to protect Ichigo) I'd say it's a likely possibility.
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Ichigo_Kurosaki

someone should probably fix the wiki then
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 22:01   Link #248
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Wikipedia isn't an authority on anything.

Anyone can write a Wikipedia entry on any topic! In fact, I think I might just go and write an entry about how Ichigo and Nel are a canon couple just to prove my point.

LOL! Wikipedia hahahaha *still laughing*
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 22:24   Link #249
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Wikipedia isn't an authority on anything.

Anyone can write a Wikipedia entry on any topic! In fact, I think I might just go and write an entry about how Ichigo and Nel are a canon couple just to prove my point.

LOL! Wikipedia hahahaha *still laughing*

wikipedia is fine as a reference site for serious topics and non-controversial information. The person who vandalizes wiki regularly usually is the idiot that gets his account or his IP banned.
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 23:05   Link #250
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Wikipedia's information is just as good as the person who wrote the article. In the case of the one on Ichigo Kurosaki, we don't KNOW for certain whether his mother was a soul reaper or not. It hasn't been stated in the manga OR the anime so anything suggesting one over the other is pure speculation on the part of the writer. (Unless Kubo has said specifically one way or another. If that's the case feel free to prove me wrong)
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 23:19   Link #251
Syphen
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Wikipedia isn't an authority on anything.

Anyone can write a Wikipedia entry on any topic! In fact, I think I might just go and write an entry about how Ichigo and Nel are a canon couple just to prove my point.

LOL! Wikipedia hahahaha *still laughing*
i was transitioning off the topic, not citing a source you conceited prick.

done with these forums.
Syphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 23:22   Link #252
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphen View Post
i was transitioning off the topic, not citing a source you conceited prick.

done with these forums.
Testy testy! That wasn't exactly clear from your msg ya know.

Why do people insist on taking things so darn personally on here?
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 23:28   Link #253
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Wikipedia's information is just as good as the person who wrote the article. In the case of the one on Ichigo Kurosaki, we don't KNOW for certain whether his mother was a soul reaper or not. It hasn't been stated in the manga OR the anime so anything suggesting one over the other is pure speculation on the part of the writer. (Unless Kubo has said specifically one way or another. If that's the case feel free to prove me wrong)
Yes, and the people who write articles on, say history, are often history scholars or academics.
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 23:37   Link #254
Langus
Optimus Prime
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Japan/Canada
Age: 29
You would hope.

Funny story - I was writing a paper on the Glencoe Massacre last year and went to the Wikipedia page to double check a date (too lazy to look through my text to find it). Guess what? Wikipedia had the dates completely wrong. Who went in and updated the article with the right date? Me.

I tell this to my students all the time - don't trust Wikipedia!

Edit: ANYWAYS! Back on topic...
__________________
(This magnificent sig. is courtesy of the talented Kuroda )
Langus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 01:09   Link #255
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
So? Who give a shit if she's an espada? She's clearly the hot and the good kind. She sacrificed herself to save Ichigo from Noi and shows him way more affection than any other female character to date. She's loyal, trustworthy and hot - what other reason could you possibly need?

The way I see it, it's no less unbelievable than thinking a dead Ichigo and a live Orihime will live happily ever after (People always seem to forget that Ichigo is dead. What kind of normal life could they possibly have together?)
Ichigo is not technicly dead. Breaking the chain does not kill the body it just prevents the soul from returning to it so his body never died. It's basicly brain death and the body will die soon after thats the main reason he needs Kon around. He is just no longer bound to his body. As Urahara stated "even if your chain of fate has been severed, there is a way to prevent you from becomeing a hollow and continue living. Just one way and that is become a shinigami." Also you seem to be forgeting that the exact same thing seems to have happend with his father who has had a normal life for the past 20 years so it is possable or if you're just saying that their life won't be normal then might I point out that Orihime has no chance of haveing a normal life already since She can summon fairies that alow her to reject reality as she sees fit
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.


Last edited by kagato3; 2009-01-19 at 01:29.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 01:29   Link #256
hakisak
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Polishing Weapons...Btw,read "Until Death Do Us Part" ^_^
Shinigami are dead human souls i.e Rukia. Ichigo is dead. I don't remember Urahara saying "to continuing living" at least not as a human. Ichigo doesn't use a gigai because his body is alive. If you go to house and hack it to pieces...he'd be forced to use a gigai.

He's no different than Rukia or any of the others. Once the chain of fate has been severed you can't go back. He was a normal human plus/ whole until Urahara killed him then threw in pit

His father was a dead guy in a gigai that obviously came equipped with ejac----lation features.

Ichigo is a trueblood shinigami...because a dead guy spawned him.

By SS standards he's alive. In the living world...he's dead.

@Langus...you are a teacher? What grade? (Teachers are underrated heroes)
hakisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 01:33   Link #257
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakisak View Post
Shinigami are dead human souls i.e Rukia. Ichigo is dead. I don't remember Urahara saying "to continuing living" at least not as a human. Ichigo doesn't use a gigai because his body is alive. If you go to house and hack it to pieces...he'd be forced to use a gigai.
Do you see the big flaw in your agument about Ichigo being dead?
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 02:00   Link #258
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I was under the impression that the defining characteristic of someone who is alive (in Bleach) is the chain of fate. Ichigo is dead, in bleach terms, because the chain of fate is gone. Esstentially his "human" body is a gigi for all in pretense and purpose. Think of rukia, if rukia stay on earth and that gigi she could live a "normal" existences but that doesn't make her anymore "human" or "alive" then before.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 02:10   Link #259
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Ichigo isn't dead. Everyone calls him a human still. If Ichigo didn't have Kon or the Soul Badge thingy, he will never be able to leave his body. Difference between a Gigai and a Human body is quite obvious, isn't it? One is made of "rubber" and the other is living tissue.
__________________
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 02:16   Link #260
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I don't think thats correct. They have made it pretty clear, unless i've missed something, that the chain of fate is the determining factor of being "dead" or "alive"

When did they say gigi's were made of rubber? Why would rukia bleed if it were made out of rubber? The other death gods couldn't get out of their gigi without the soul candy either so i'm not sure what you are were trying to prove with bringing that up.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.