AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Download Help

Notices

Old 2008-08-07, 14:45   Link #1
jitters

Trouble connecting to anirena.

I got "Natsume Yuujinchou 04 xvid" fine but for part 05 xvid I get this "Error (this torrent is not allowed on this tracker.)" on my Azureus (though not up to date but works). I can't get "Special A 17" or "Haru no Ashioto Ourin Dakkan OVA" either. Other torrents work fine. The below site says it works but why not for me? The group for Nastume Yuujinchou recently moved trackers too. I can't get Monochrome Factor 10 now.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Someone please help.
jitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 17:44   Link #2
Korb

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
I haven't been able to get any torrents from them since yesterday evening. DFEOJM.com tells me the same thing, it's just me.
Old 2008-08-07, 18:47   Link #3
cyberbeing

The tracker message "this torrent is not allowed on this tracker" usually means that torrent hasn't been uploaded (and authorized) for that tracker. I checked out those torrents and only Scarywater is throwing that message while Anirena is fine. As long as Azureus connects to Anirena you shouldn't have any issues downloading the file.

As for you Korb, maybe you're on the blocklist they are using for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power2All
Post subject: AniRena using Anti-Anti-Piracy utility PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:51 pm
Hi everybody !
I heared some people complaining that my network is being monitored by anti-piracy companies.
We have installed a meassure to prevent these companies from connecting to this network.

Currently we are using a program that uses the same system as PeerGuardian.
It will ban all the connections of anti-piracy companies which makes our network quiet safe.
Old 2008-08-07, 18:58   Link #4
Korb

Send a message via ICQ to Korb Send a message via AIM to Korb Send a message via MSN to Korb
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
As for you Korb, maybe you're on the blocklist they are using for some reason.
And I suppose there's no way to find that out unless I can ask them on their forums, which I also can't access. Awesome. Well I guess there's 5 series now I'm going to be forced to drop because of paranoia and half-assed attempts to hide gray area activities.
Old 2008-08-07, 19:25   Link #5
GordonJ

You can get to their forum using an anonymous proxy like www.zend2.com.

But I doubt complaining about it will do much good
GordonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 19:36   Link #6
Korb

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonJ View Post
You can get to their forum using an anonymous proxy like www.zend2.com.

But I doubt complaining about it will do much good
Only time will tell. Thanks for at least giving me a way to complain. It's much less frustrating now that I was able to say something.
Old 2008-08-07, 20:35   Link #7
Grant Swinger
Retired Fansubber

It seems that their anti-anti-piracy measure is blocking the entire Verizon backbone. I've tried logging on to various systems around the country and pinging their network. Anything going through Verizon is blocked.

This is rather pointless as well since PeerGuardian only blocks known addresses. Nothing stops the companies from using other undocumented addresses to do their snooping. If you want to be safe just don't have anything on your network that they're interested in. That means Hollywood movies and anything from Big Music. They aren't going to give a hoot about anime.
Grant Swinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 21:06   Link #8
jitters

I'm in the same boat as korb there. I too have gave them a message. Thanks GordonJ.
Old 2008-08-07, 21:12   Link #9
Gameboiye
Big Reader/Small Poster

Yes I am getting blocked too. Now I cannot download anime from a bunch of groups that release there. Bah this sucks.

Edit: Anyone know a way to get Azureus to work through a proxy, and which proxy to use?

Edit2: Nevermind, I got Aezureus working by using this proxy 210.124.122.136 port:5858 in Tools > Options > Connections > Proxy Options. Woot, downloading Itazura na Kiss now.

Last edited by Gameboiye; 2008-08-07 at 21:30.
Gameboiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 21:31   Link #10
Korb

I've gone around to fansub sites who use AniRena as their tracker and left them all polite notes to use another tracker until AniRena undoes this. Hopefully a little grassroots pressure and polite requests to remove this ridiculous filter will work.
Old 2008-08-07, 21:36   Link #11
Gameboiye
Big Reader/Small Poster

Rofl Korb stop following me around. I've seen you everywhere I was looking for support hahaha
Gameboiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 21:46   Link #12
Korb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameboiye View Post
Rofl Korb stop following me around. I've seen you everywhere I was looking for support hahaha
Hey, I was in this thread first. You should quit following me around. :P
Old 2008-08-07, 22:53   Link #13
BearShare
I'm a commin'
*Graphic Designer

^That sure helped. Thanks.
Old 2008-08-07, 22:55   Link #14
jitters

Using proxies for the torrent is freaking me out. How do you know if the proxy is satisfactorily anonymous or so using google to help out and all? What are all you folks criteria for using one?
Old 2008-08-08, 01:44   Link #15
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I got the same problem with anirena from one IP. Another one works fine. However, I'm not so sure it's their anti-anti-piracy thingy. They claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirena FAQ
You should be able to ping/traceroute the server even if your address is blacklisted.
Which I cant. From the affected IP I can't get to anirena at all.
Old 2008-08-08, 03:22   Link #16
Korb

Torrents are working for me now (without having to go through a proxy), though I still can't get to the site without resorting to the proxy. It's a start at least.
Old 2008-08-08, 03:44   Link #17
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Yupp, it seems to be working again. Traceroute gets through and I also get the homepage.
Old 2008-08-08, 13:52   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Some gossipy noises range from Anirena being hacked to a Peer Guardian throwup to BayTSP snoop evil..... ymmv.

There's also some parallel noises about BayTSP snooping and C&Ds being sent to a few individuals... but again, ymmv.

If BayTSP is really involved, it must be the annual "gotta show our clients we're doing something" spurt.....
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 14:43   Link #19
Slice of Life
eyewitness

In the traceroute output only the last station (i.e. anirena itself) did not reply. It really looks as if their Peer Guardian had been mis-configured and all the packets were swallowed by their firewall. On the other hand it's very unlikely that this has something to do with BayTSP except if they are using black magic. A hack is also very unlikely. Depending on the intruders intentions he would either simply kill the server or quietly log the traffic.

Last edited by Slice of Life; 2008-08-09 at 14:55.
Slice of Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 17:57   Link #20
Power2All

Let me clarify some thoughts here.
The banning system is running again, with only options regarding possible anti-piracy ranges and IPs.
The reason why some people might have been banned, we're for open proxies and hacked (possible) machines.
It's changed now and should only ban the correct IP ranges.
If you find any more problems, please contact me on power2all@gmail.com or on the forums (forums are whitelisted from the banning system).

- Power2All
Founder AniRena
Power2All is offline   Reply With Quote