AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-14, 03:35   Link #681
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
They'll probably just restart the story from the beginning.
That could actually work

Any news about the cast?
The original director and storyboard-writer? should be fired first
Old 2009-07-14, 03:37   Link #682
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
The original director and storyboard-writer? should be fired first
No they shouldn't. They did a fine job handling the manga material and their own.

& no, nothing at all has been said yet regarding the second season.
Old 2009-07-14, 03:57   Link #683
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
No they shouldn't. They did a fine job handling the manga material and their own.
In that case we'll have another lousy season
They pretty much f*cked up the entire Indian Arc And the rest were all (most of the times boring) fillers
Old 2009-07-14, 14:15   Link #684
libba
nepenthes rajah

Revan21, I'm with you. If I didn't like the characters so much, I wouldn't have watched it past the third arc (about the pseudo-Baskerville dog).
The whole angel thing was a mess, Pluto made no sense both as a character and a plot device, character development in general was pretty inconsistent
(Sebastian: "I wanna eat this tasty soul!" ^__^... an episode later: "No, I don't!"... five eps later: "Oops, I actually do!"
Ciel: "I want to live on, because I won't let them see me down"... "Nah, I'm so tired I'd rather die to get some peace. Eh, what? Can't a guy change his mind about his life's goal ten times before breakfast?"),
and some episodes just fell flat (that mini-arc with dolls).
They butchered the manga material once they started to try mixing it with their own. It was just fine when they simply transferred it into a visual medium. Whoever wrote the script for the second part of the series should try maybe writing a plan beforehand.
libba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 22:34   Link #685
Celestial Kitsune
Myobu

Ciel and Sebastian switch! Can anyone translate or give a gist of the text on this image - it might give some hints to the second season.

EDIT: Translation (found by Anastasia)

Last edited by Celestial Kitsune; 2009-08-09 at 18:49.
Celestial Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 01:52   Link #686
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That image raises many, many more questions than it answers.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 11:05   Link #687
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
just read the shinsen-subs site they want to continue subbing but their translator ran off somewhere. Unfortunately, I japanese is next to 0 so if anyone is interested in helping please contact shinsen-subs... lets hope they can continue subbing.
Old 2009-08-29, 15:04   Link #688
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've waiting a long time for this day, though finally i am listening to the official soundtrack, and so far it's not disappointing at all. This is a must listen to people.
Old 2009-08-29, 20:17   Link #689
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Is there an Second Series or something coming up ?
Old 2009-08-29, 20:48   Link #690
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

So they say - although no one has explained just how that's going to work, exactly.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 21:33   Link #691
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Kitsune View Post
Ciel and Sebastian switch! Can anyone translate or give a gist of the text on this image - it might give some hints to the second season.

EDIT: Translation (found by Anastasia)
thank god there Someone who translated this Image ...
now just waiting for more news about the Second season ^_^
Old 2009-08-29, 23:39   Link #692
blewin

It seems that from the translation of that page that the producer's put a lot of thought into making the second season. I'm not a big fan of this series (except for the ending episode), but I think I'll watch this when it airs. Let's hope the explanation behind Ciel being alive is reasonable.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 09:41   Link #693
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I just noticed something about that coffin image, didn't Sebastian lose an arm near the end of the anime? He quite clearly has two arms there which makes the whole thing confusing.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 08:18   Link #694
Nastya-sama!
射杀せ 神枪!

Well, I sure hope they'll somehow go FMA in the sequel. It would be great to see the original manga story animated. For that matter, I'd rather wait till the manga is finished and after that watch new Kuroshitsuji than see this whole thing ruined. I can't think of a acceptable way to directly continue the story. Maybe Sebastian leaned against Ciel to erase his demon seal from the boy's eye. Argh, I don't like that either..

I was really delighted how the story ended, so basically I 'm panicking now, cause everything will be ruined if they continue, imo.

It was very subtly shown how Sebastian started to truly care for Ciel, although he stated that he's only interest is to take the boy's soul (that explicitly said in the torturing scene). Despite that, despite everything that he'd done to obtain that soul, at the end he was willing to let go. Someone in this thread noted that Sebastian almost had a parent expression on his face when he said Ciel to go to sleep and forget everything. But Ciel was the one who couldn't let go the demon contract and the revenge, although he finally saw that there was another path. As seen previously in the scene when his dead parents said to him to forgive and be happy, Ciel chose his tragic path of revenge of his own will. And he chose it for the second and final time, when he definitely ordered Sebastian to kill the queen and the angel. If he hadn't ordered that, the revenge wouldn't have been carried out, the contract would be broken, and Ciel would eventually be free. We cannot tell what would happen if Ciel had not let himself fall into Thames after the showdown. (But I have to note that Sebastian seemed genuinely happy after seeing that Ciel is safe). Ciel, iron-willed and proud as he was, again chose his own fate. (Although there was this subtext of lonely boy throwing himself into the reach of the only person he relied on/cared in this world).

Sebastian was also so much fun to watch. He sometimes seamed truly evil, and sometimes as if he became almost good. After Ciel panicked and stopped Sebastian from harming the queen and Ash and thus fulfilling the contract, Sebastian really looked scary, with this evil glimpse in eyes made of anger and disappointment for loosing his prey (that being Ciel). But at the end he was ready to let Ciel go! He let the boy decide and choose his path (again!), although Ciel was bound by the contract.

This bitter story of tragic Phantomhive family who played with the devil to often came to its conclusion with its definite fall, after the second fire that erased everything that was left, and the passing of their only heir.
This - just - should- not be - continued!!!

Last edited by Nastya-sama!; 2009-09-01 at 08:55.
Nastya-sama! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 00:05   Link #695
Hatori~
B. rabbit

Send a message via AIM to Hatori~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastya-sama! View Post
It would be great to see the original manga story animated. For that matter, I'd rather wait till the manga is finished and after that watch new Kuroshitsuji than see this whole thing ruined.
I agree with you, the only way for Kuroshitsuji to get prepared for a new season is to get out of the ditch Sebastian gave Ceil and start all over, but seeing how the manga is sailing along i rather not see a new season and have to see them compete with each other. The show ended on the right foot and should be left at peace.
Hatori~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-26, 03:32   Link #696
Revan21

Finally, a Grell figure has surfaced

Released by Sega in 2010/02
Old 2009-09-30, 13:07   Link #697
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
^ Hotness overload!!!!Sorry I had a fangirl moment justlooking at the two. if I had the money (which I might), I will most definitely buy one or the other. <3
Old 2009-09-30, 14:15   Link #698
Revan21

It seems there's even a special episode on the Vol.9 DVD.

The whole bunch is performing the stage play Hamlet for the orphans (at least now I know where that tutor outfit of the Sebastian-figure came from)
Old 2009-09-30, 16:52   Link #699
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Has any new information on a new season surfaced? Like what season it'll be (I'm guessing next spring or so)?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-30, 16:56   Link #700
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Has any new information on a new season surfaced? Like what season it'll be (I'm guessing next spring or so)?
Nope, no new information yet.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, shounen