AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-26, 08:17   Link #1
Shirozakii
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Old but long animes?

I've kinda blown through most of the recent animes so i've resorted to sacrificing quality for storyline and length. I've watched Onizuka and Hikaru no go and FMA. Are there any other old animes that are similar. Oh yea i've watched monster also. >_>" I hate how there're aren't super long animes out right now. Bleach doesn't count, naruto's okay and soul eater insn't that long yet.
__________________
We learn something every day, and lots of times it's that what we learned the day before was wrong.
- Bill Vaughan
Shirozakii is offline  
Old 2008-08-26, 08:29   Link #2
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Land of the rising sun
Ah, Ginga Tesudo 999(113), Uchusenkan Yamato AKA Starblazer(26 for original series), all the world master peice theater like Heidi(52), Rascal(52), Anne of Green Gables(50), Marco 3000Leagues in search of Mother(52), and/or A dog of Flanders(52), Candy Candy(115), Future Boy Conan(26), The Rose of Versailles(40), Hokuto no Ken AKA Fist of the Northern Star(152), Nadia; The Secret of Blue Water(39) to name a few.

Last edited by Tri-ring; 2008-08-26 at 08:43. Reason: Added number of episode
Tri-ring is offline  
Old 2008-08-26, 08:36   Link #3
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mucking about
Age: 64
Juuni Kokki has 45 episodes, though the last six constitute the beginning of an unfinished story arc.

Saiunkoku Monogatari consists of two, 39-episode seasons.
__________________
SeijiSensei is offline  
Old 2008-08-26, 09:00   Link #4
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Buenos Aires Argentina
Age: 25
Dragon Ball... no idea how many episodes in total lol
Yu Yu Hakusho (112 finished)
One Piece (365 an ongoing)
D Gray Man (97 and ongoing)
Kenichi (52)
Inuyasha (169)
Full Metal Panic (3 seasons.. not sure how many episodes was it)
incube is offline  
Old 2008-08-26, 09:01   Link #5
Synria_
Aboard Kallen's Bandwagon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: California
Hajime no Ippo (70+)

And did you see Gundam Seed already? (50+)
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=74320&dateline=120433  1734
Synria_ is offline  
Old 2008-08-26, 09:02   Link #6
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Land of the rising sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Dragon Ball... no idea how many episodes in total lol
I can answer that, with the original, Z and Gt combined there are 511 episodes not including the movies spinoffs.
Tri-ring is offline  
Old 2008-08-26, 09:07   Link #7
nixie
Nyunga Ro Chaga
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Hunter X Hunter is a good one at 62 episodes and 3 other OVAs totalling to 30 episodes. However, the ending is not complete as the manga is still ongoing.

If you like sports with drama, Major should be an enjoyable watch. Four seasons in with the 5th one airing January next year. Or Yakitate!! Ja-pan (69 episodes), a comedy about baking bread.

You may want to look into Gintama as well, an episodic action/comedy series. Ongoing, and subbed till 73 currently.

And, Junni Kokki, yeah, of course.
__________________
nixie is offline  
Old 2008-08-26, 09:48   Link #8
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Age: 27
The only 'long running' anime you should really watch is One Piece. Its just keeps getting better and better, the manga is now shocking and surprising us every week. The anime keeps with the manga very closely and does not have much filler.

It has been going on for 10 years.
__________________
No longer a NEET so I'll not be online as often.
Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!
I'm a big mecha fan, who keeps playing the SRW series.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline  
Old 2008-08-26, 10:14   Link #9
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 30
I'd suggest Legend of the Galactic heroes. Not only it is the longest OVA ever at 116 episodes, the best Japanese space opera and the best series the 80's have to offer, but it is also one of the series with the biggest cast (+100 VA's, each voicing a unique character. +20 main characters), and most detailed history.

Juuni Kokki? Monster?? Old???? Heck I consider any series from the 90's and onwards to be recent...

... maybe I'm the one that is getting old...
Proto is offline  
Old 2008-08-26, 16:12   Link #10
Shirozakii
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Ah, Ginga Tesudo 999(113), Uchusenkan Yamato AKA Starblazer(26 for original series), all the world master peice theater like Heidi(52), Rascal(52), Anne of Green Gables(50), Marco 3000Leagues in search of Mother(52), and/or A dog of Flanders(52), Candy Candy(115), Future Boy Conan(26), The Rose of Versailles(40), Hokuto no Ken AKA Fist of the Northern Star(152), Nadia; The Secret of Blue Water(39) to name a few.
Wow, lol u've been watching anime for a while now haven't u? These are a little to old for me. I still remember Future Boy Conan being a really hot topic in when i was in kindergarden. And it think it was reruns in china too. But ty anyways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Juuni Kokki has 45 episodes, though the last six constitute the beginning of an unfinished story arc.
Saiunkoku Monogatari consists of two, 39-episode seasons.
Hmm, I've heard of this since i started anime. I can't bring myself past the first few episodes though. I guess im looking for things like these, ty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
Dragon Ball... no idea how many episodes in total lol
Yu Yu Hakusho (112 finished)
One Piece (365 an ongoing)
D Gray Man (97 and ongoing)
Kenichi (52)
Inuyasha (169)
Full Metal Panic (3 seasons.. not sure how many episodes was it)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synria_ View Post
Hajime no Ippo (70+)
And did you see Gundam Seed already? (50+)
Okay, i'll look some up, But d.grayman isn't old..its still ongoing lol. I think its about hte same age as deathnote right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
I can answer that, with the original, Z and Gt combined there are 511 episodes not including the movies spinoffs.
Wow.. how long have u been watching anime?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixie View Post
Hunter X Hunter is a good one at 62 episodes and 3 other OVAs totalling to 30 episodes. However, the ending is not complete as the manga is still ongoing.
No way, it is? I thought he already found his dad by the end of the ova. Please elaborate!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
The only 'long running' anime you should really watch is One Piece. Its just keeps getting better and better, the manga is now shocking and surprising us every week. The anime keeps with the manga very closely and does not have much filler.

It has been going on for 10 years.
i kinda am, but kinda isn't> i grab the episode whenever i see it on mininova's "today's anime" list. In that case, naruto + bleach are the same. except naruto seems to be getting a little more plot than the usual bloated, over stretched anime. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Juuni Kokki? Monster?? Old???? Heck I consider any series from the 90's and onwards to be recent...
... maybe I'm the one that is getting old...
ooouch. my cutoff for being recent ends at 2003, since i started burning through anime at 2007. Sheesh. Im guessing u were there when people had to do fansubbing on VHS with that big bulking machine thingy?
__________________
We learn something every day, and lots of times it's that what we learned the day before was wrong.
- Bill Vaughan
Shirozakii is offline  
Old 2008-08-26, 17:00   Link #11
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
EVERY anime made in the 80s is long as fuck. And yeah, post 2000 can't be even remotely considered 'old.' If you wanna go 80s old, I suggest Space Adventure Cobra, as one of the more fun action shows from then. If you won't go farther than the 00s though (pansy) then your absolute best bet is Eureka Seven.
Deus ex Digital Boy is offline  
Old 2008-08-26, 17:33   Link #12
Shirozakii
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
AAAh thats not good. I watched my best bet 2 years ago then. >_>"
__________________
We learn something every day, and lots of times it's that what we learned the day before was wrong.
- Bill Vaughan
Shirozakii is offline  
Old 2008-08-26, 18:44   Link #13
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozakii View Post
AAAh thats not good. I watched my best bet 2 years ago then. >_>"
give us a damn list!
Deus ex Digital Boy is offline  
Old 2008-08-27, 01:42   Link #14
Aeris DJ
エルフ
 
 
Join Date: May 2006
How about ranma 1/2? That's long and "old".
Hajime no Ippo had 76 to be precise, and there were some ova's after it, but that's in case you like boxing anime. The anime isn't that old, the manga on the other hand is older, and still running, with about 819 chapters.
About Hunter X Hunter, personally I liked it, but it depends on your taste. Since you're looking for old anime you won't mind the animation. Please don't spoil, the last ova ends differently from the manga, since it's still running.
To me, old means more like queen millenia, or captain harlock.
__________________
- ADJ
maksa vee’ quesse, maeg vee’ kainen megilie
Aeris DJ is offline  
Old 2008-08-27, 03:41   Link #15
Silent_One
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
about hxh ova finding his dad part
Spoiler for who gon meets at ova ending:
Silent_One is offline  
Old 2008-08-27, 04:32   Link #16
gonzo562
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
slam dunk its a old school basketball anime

but its hella funny. I think thier around 100 episodes
gonzo562 is offline  
Old 2008-08-27, 05:33   Link #17
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Eureka Seven has 50 episodes. I think you might like it as you like FMA. The two animes are similar in many ways.

Honey and Clover has two seasons, 39 ep altogether.
Shaman King - 64 ep.
GPX Cyber Formula - 37 ep + a number of OVA sequels about 5-8 ep each.
Kekkaishi - 52 ep.
Code Geass - 2nd season is about to end. Altogether should be around 50 ep.
blewin is offline  
Old 2008-08-27, 09:14   Link #18
Shirozakii
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_One View Post
about hxh ova finding his dad part
Spoiler for who gon meets at ova ending:
Ha, i was wondering what that guy was about, in the anime he was pratically pointless. I heard the mangaka go bored of the story and tried to stop. Oh well.

How are FMA and Eureka even related? Are u trying to imply that they had gay incestuous love between Al and Ed the way the mecha kid ended up with the alien girl? No. Lol.
__________________
We learn something every day, and lots of times it's that what we learned the day before was wrong.
- Bill Vaughan
Shirozakii is offline  
Old 2008-08-27, 18:16   Link #19
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirozakii View Post
Ha, i was wondering what that guy was about, in the anime he was pratically pointless. I heard the mangaka go bored of the story and tried to stop. Oh well.

How are FMA and Eureka even related? Are u trying to imply that they had gay incestuous love between Al and Ed the way the mecha kid ended up with the alien girl? No. Lol.
the main resemblance between FMA and E7 is the plot: boy growing up. Other similarities include: heavy development of side-characters, wonderful animation and music, seriousness of the animes (yet at the same time light-hearted). It's not just me, some anime lovers out there agree too.
blewin is offline  
Old 2008-08-27, 23:08   Link #20
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
the main resemblance between FMA and E7 is the plot: boy growing up. Other similarities include: heavy development of side-characters, wonderful animation and music, seriousness of the animes (yet at the same time light-hearted). It's not just me, some anime lovers out there agree too.
not to mention they are both produced by Studio BONES.
Deus ex Digital Boy is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.