AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2009-04-27, 07:17   Link #221
hai_san

I dunno why but i like the manga version more than the anime, the 1 and 2 season was too much despressing for me, i dont know why the content is the same with the manga, but when i watch the anime version i feel very sad. I dont think i will watch the 3rd season.
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 20:31   Link #222
Taiyounomannakahe
New guy

*freaks* SEASON 3!! When is it coming out? Does anyone know?
Taiyounomannakahe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 10:45   Link #223
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Any News on When it airs ?
Old 2009-07-06, 12:33   Link #224
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterFist View Post
While alot of guys are cheering for more gun wielding maids or loli's, I want more chainsaw wielding goth-girls!!! Why? No apparent reason other then entertainment value, that and chainsaw's are messier, makes for good cinematic kills with lots of screaming during the process of inflicting mortal wounds... well I guess instead of the word wound, the term reducing to flesh piles would be more appropriate. I guess bola knife weilding Chinese dress wearing females work as well. Actually now that I think on it, they've covered just about every genre of female anime character except for Magic-girl with guns. >.> I do not like magic-girls. Sorry no wands... even if they're really cattle prods, does not belong, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.
I think you're going to get more maids instead.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 20:30   Link #225
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
definately more maids.

does anyone know what arc the manga is up to?
Old 2009-07-07, 05:16   Link #226
klare

i like the killing machine maid from season 1
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-07, 07:36   Link #227
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Then you're going to like Season 3, if they follow the manga - the manga has covered what would amount to an entire season of the anime, with the return of Roberta.
Jay911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 07:49   Link #228
Cowboy Spike Spigel

Speaking in terms of Adult anime.

Black Lagoon is the kind of show that does what Cowboy Bebop does-make a completely unique storyline and setting. But there were still shows very similar to Cowboy Bebop.

Except, this show just cannot be wrapped up, is has to go on as we need more anime like this since every other anime is like fantasy/supernatural/Sci-Fi kind of content.

Plus, where else would you see that many good gunfights, crude comedy and pure Badass roled in to one. The show is pure realism, and I like it and it is needed. The animes based on realism are shows like Samurai champloo and Samurai X-OAV, but w/e, and those shows are really good, but we have enough of that type of show.

I say bring on 10 seasons , I am very happy that there is a thrid season being made. About time-LOL.

BTW, can someone please post me the link for the newest manga ( the kind where you can read the story of the net) of Black Lagoon in English-I cannot read Japanese-LOL.
Cowboy Spike Spigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 21:03   Link #229
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy Spike Spigel View Post

Black Lagoon is the kind of show that does what Cowboy Bebop does-make a completely unique storyline and setting. But there were still shows very similar to Cowboy Bebop.

Except, this show just cannot be wrapped up, is has to go on as we need more anime like this since every other anime is like fantasy/supernatural/Sci-Fi kind of content.

Plus, where else would you see that many good gunfights, crude comedy and pure Badass roled in to one. The show is pure realism, and I like it and it is needed. The animes based on realism are shows like Samurai champloo and Samurai X-OAV, but w/e, and those shows are really good, but we have enough of that type of show.

I say bring on 10 seasons , I am very happy that there is a thrid season being made. About time-LOL.

BTW, can someone please post me the link for the newest manga ( the kind where you can read the story of the net) of Black Lagoon in English-I cannot read Japanese-LOL.
Possibly one of the best explainations of Black Lagoon i have ever heard.

and i definately agree that they should make 10 seasons of it.

one thing i would really like to see in the new season would be the next level with Rock and Revy as there is definately something between the two.
Old 2009-07-09, 00:00   Link #230
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

You know who really needs to make their grand return?

ROTTEN.......ROTTEN ZI WIZURD.
pinoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 01:05   Link #231
Cowboy Spike Spigel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post

one thing i would really like to see in the new season would be the next level with Rock and Revy as there is definately something between the two.
I want Revy and Rock to get together aswell, but I don't know what that will do for the series, I mean Revy and Rock are polar opposites of each other, so , idk, it depends.

In this third season, or maybe next season(hopefully), I just think that the focus should remain on letting the audience know Dutch and Benny, cause Dutch looks like he had a dark past that he is dealing with, and Benny looks like he is trying to escape his past and not bother dealing with it since he ran into the mafia and all, so it would be cool if it all came back to haunt him-he is living in Roanapur-crime lord central-LOL.
Old 2009-07-09, 01:53   Link #232
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I just don't see Revy and Rock having a "romantic subplot".

As far as I am concerned, from the latest manga arc, they are already in an implied relationship. They are adults; there isn't going to be love letters, confessions, hand holding or 1st kisses.

I am expecting the Revy X Rock elements to leak through the story indirectly, but never taking center stage. At some point, they are probably going to be shown living together without the story making a big deal about it.

And I don't EVER expect them to get married officially. Marriage is just a legal formality, and law matters not to outlaws like them.
Old 2009-07-09, 08:49   Link #233
Cowboy Spike Spigel

I agree, a romantic subplot just does not need to be shown, just implied, plus, it would kind of seem weird if Revi went from Badass to nice girl while being romantic.

Revi and Rock already sorted out their diferences. Dutch is a charaster they need to focus on next, the guy just seems unbreakable and cool, there has to be some sort of blast from the past to stir things up with him.
Old 2009-07-09, 12:46   Link #234
bladeruuner

It would be interesting to see the metamorphosis of the relationship between Rock and Revi in the third season providing that, as previously mentioned, said relationship stays true to the overall feel of the show. The "romantic subplot" is only hinted at in the first two seasons of the show and leaves the audience waiting for some kind of catalyst to bring the two closer together. Also it will be interesting to see if any further developments occur with Dutch's past, which has also only been hinted at in the anime thus far.
bladeruuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 20:25   Link #235
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Would definately have to agree that the last thing i would want see is revy turn from a complete badass to a hopeless romantic. i know in the manga it is implied that they are in some sort of relationship but i think it would there would be some very interesting situations would arise if Rock and Revy were in a more intimate relationship as such.

when they go on jobs now they get crazy enough but with those two in a relationship and on missions stuff would get just that much more out of hand.
Old 2009-07-09, 21:45   Link #236
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk
Is Your Daddy & Its True

Quote:

Agree.
Black Lagoon is one my all-time favorite anime's....
Not only is the anime great but they had the perfect mix of characters...
The Black guy - the old skool ex-vet...
Revy - the young wild "kill-you-if-look-at-me-wrong" badass
Rock - ordinary
The jewish guy - the nerd

Quote:

I was expecting something to happen between Rock and Levy with the first 2 seasons actually...

'̿ ̿ ̿'̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ '̿
Weed, there is nothing wrong with it.. Seriously what's so bad about it? Smoking weed and eating out your fridge and laughing at the simple things? Or getting in fights and causing injury and accidents. Beer is the destruction of this nation, Herb is the healer! Don't listen, make your own choices!
AddiKtioNn-BlaCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 02:41   Link #237
Cowboy Spike Spigel

The thrid season will be mostly about the Loveless family and Fabiola(Roberta's assitant maid). I just hope that bringing a second gun-wielding maid does not make the show feel like too much of a repeat of the first season season.

I love that this show has represented almost every nationality, but not as typical streotypes-Revi for example who is part Asian, part American and Balakia who is a war tactical veteran-not a typical russian stereotype.

BTW, Rock is not ordainary, he is someone who should be classified as a diplomat, as a pose to Revi, who speaks her mind no matter how who the person is. Rock deals with problems with his words. I agree that he is ordanary and normal at times though, but that only makes Rock stand out more.

I hope that the thrid Season is more Dramatic, don't get me wrong, I love the series and the action and characters, but it only has a few bursts of dramatic intensity, but the only strong scene in this anime was when Rock grew a pair and stood up to Revi when they were doing errands together for the first time-the ep after the Nazi submarine episodes. If this series was just a bit more dramatic, that it would be not only awesome, but things would feel a bit more gripping and not just cool action and funny one-liners with various themes being explored.
Old 2009-07-12, 23:33   Link #238
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Quote:
The thrid season will be mostly about the Loveless family and Fabiola(Roberta's assitant maid). I just hope that bringing a second gun-wielding maid does not make the show feel like too much of a repeat of the first season season.

I love that this show has represented almost every nationality, but not as typical streotypes-Revi for example who is part Asian, part American and Balakia who is a war tactical veteran-not a typical russian stereotype.

BTW, Rock is not ordainary, he is someone who should be classified as a diplomat, as a pose to Revi, who speaks her mind no matter how who the person is. Rock deals with problems with his words. I agree that he is ordanary and normal at times though, but that only makes Rock stand out more.

I hope that the thrid Season is more Dramatic, don't get me wrong, I love the series and the action and characters, but it only has a few bursts of dramatic intensity, but the only strong scene in this anime was when Rock grew a pair and stood up to Revi when they were doing errands together for the first time-the ep after the Nazi submarine episodes. If this series was just a bit more dramatic, that it would be not only awesome, but things would feel a bit more gripping and not just cool action and funny one-liners with various themes being explored.
difinately have to agree with you. i hope the new season still follows the great mix of the first two seasons just for the reason that it works so well.

also i know the new arc about the loveless family has been going on for quite a while now and i hope for season three this arc wont be the whole season but they also get some new material as well.
Old 2009-07-13, 09:16   Link #239
Cowboy Spike Spigel

Quote:
difinately have to agree with you. i hope the new season still follows the great mix of the first two seasons just for the reason that it works so well.

also i know the new arc about the loveless family has been going on for quite a while now and i hope for season three this arc wont be the whole season but they also get some new material as well.
Yes, I too hope that they do get new material apart from the loveless arc, cause the manga actually seems a bit slow-paced. Since Chang is in the loveless arc, hope we see some cool shoot-outs with Chang and Fabiola/Revi , cause it looked so cool the first time.

I love the narration done by Rock, its actually grips you into the show.

Out of curiousity, I wanted to know when I can expect the english dub of season three after season three is released ? Cause I just prefer to watch this particular show in dub instead of sub.
Old 2009-07-14, 02:42   Link #240
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

not 100% sure but i would guess the english dub would come out fairly quickly due to the popularity of the show and also funimantion having the rights to it.

Tags
action, seinen