AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-19, 10:35   Link #101
D a m i e n
permanentely bored
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: France
Age: 34
Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
I dont know if volume 8 of BL has been released yet or if the roberta's arc has ended in japan so i dont know what to expect from a third season, will they fag up the ending or leave it open ended?
I d hate to see a serie go flop because they are lacking material to end it properly.
__________________
Outside of a dog reading is man's best friend, inside it s too dark to read...
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 14:40   Link #102
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
I d hate to see a serie go flop because they are lacking material to end it properly.
I'm guessing why it's taken so long for a third season to happen is because they were waiting for the right amount of manga material to be released. I don't think we'll be seeing any problems.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 05:50   Link #103
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Nice job at spoiling people.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:37   Link #104
tigerwoods
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Samarate, Varese, Italy
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Good job dude. You come here in the ANIME thread and spoil us the manga. Yep, really good job.

Not even the spoiler code.
__________________
tigerwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-24, 15:53   Link #105
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
You read the raw chapter too, Shirou?
Yes, but that doesn't mean i go into the thread for the anime that hasn't aired yet, and talk about it.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-26, 00:59   Link #106
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Black Lagoon has so much potential. I wonder why they don't bother to make a movie out of it?
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-27, 04:23   Link #107
Fynal_Fyre
Sanae moe over 9000
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Under the Crimson Air
Send a message via MSN to Fynal_Fyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Black Lagoon has so much potential. I wonder why they don't bother to make a movie out of it?
I'd actually agree with this statement, if it weren't for the fact Live-Action anime adaptations generally don't turn out well.

However, Black Lagoon is a tad different, it has a theme that will distinctly appeal to a wider demographic so here hoping for one day. ^_^
__________________

It's not sad anymore| Insanity and rants

Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 03:53   Link #108
stormy001_M1A2
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Nah, too many action movies already preceded Black Lagoon. If made into LA, it will end up with chick with guns B grade movie at best, just like DOA. I can imagine Uwe Boll direct Black Lagoon.

Black Lagoon supposed to be personal tribute to all John Woo, Hollywood and whatnot action movies from all times with little anime twist and some serious social commentary by the author. In between of over the top action sequence, the author puts in what he/she thinks of world issues that is the bedrock of the conflicts shown in the story.
__________________
stormy001_M1A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 22:18   Link #109
kujoe
from head to heel
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Age: 32
Well, instead of live action, I think it would be great if Madhouse made an animated movie of Black Lagoon. A big budget well spent in my opinion.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 06:20   Link #110
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappy Hared Azn View Post
When Revy and Eda are talking/drinking at the end of the last episode of Season 2, it's kind of insinuated that Rock and Revy have already made the monster with two backs.
They did!?!.... what's a monster with two backs? :P
Anyway i think i'll go watch black lagoon again i want to see that insinuation then

also the intro song is kick-ass
"sleep with justice i just want to feel you". There will come a time where japanese will hire proper english translators for their songs and you won't come across these engrish gems. Treasure them while the are still around
__________________
sth with tree logs and romance
outcast_within is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 17:10   Link #111
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
They did!?!.... what's a monster with two backs? :P
Anyway i think i'll go watch black lagoon again i want to see that insinuation then

also the intro song is kick-ass
"sleep with justice i just want to feel you". There will come a time where japanese will hire proper english translators for their songs and you won't come across these engrish gems. Treasure them while the are still around
Wasn't it
"seek with justice"
__________________
Thanks to The Chaos
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 20:48   Link #112
Jay911
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Age: 41
Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
The OST's liner notes/lyrics page would have you believe it is:

I have a big gun
I took it from my Lord
sick with justice
I just wanna feel you

I'm your angel
only a ring away
you make me violate you
no matter who you are

It's all up to you
No one lives forever
Been burn in the hell
By all those pigs out there

It's always been hell
from when I was born
They make me violate them
no matter who they are

Get down on your knees
Get a good head on your shoulders
If it's for your guys
Go to the ends of the earth
Do what you think
Give it with dedication
I'll put out your misery

You made a mess
For Christ's sake, this rotten world
Shit out of luck
Go with my vision
Light up the fire
Right on the power
Weapon - I have it all.
Jay911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 23:58   Link #113
blewin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Well, instead of live action, I think it would be great if Madhouse made an animated movie of Black Lagoon. A big budget well spent in my opinion.
that was what I mean, animated, not live-action. I don't think they'll do the series justice - who can portray Revy's character well enough?
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 02:45   Link #114
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Netherlands
sleep/seek/sick with justice it's all good it's engrish it doesn't matter :P

and about live-action maybe that overhyped actress in the movie wanted and i think she did laracroft as well.
__________________
sth with tree logs and romance
outcast_within is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 03:15   Link #115
MooMooFarm
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
T_T 10 bucks says they won't do the Chang Balalaika two pager justice. It has potential to be a frigging GAIDEN. Lol soviet troops vs triad. ^________^
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-30, 04:14   Link #116
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
sleep/seek/sick with justice it's all good it's engrish it doesn't matter :P
Haha yeah
__________________
Thanks to The Chaos
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 20:07   Link #117
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 27
love this anime, this is mainly a shameless bump to hope someone has some news to post

ps, revys voice is so sexy talking english, baby
__________________
.
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 01:00   Link #118
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I is confused here...so season 2 is12 eps long and past that is season 3??
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 01:02   Link #119
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
considering that current storyline (the one that started right after where Second Barrage ended) is expected to take 3 full volumes or more, it alone can probably have enough material for 3rd season.

Unfortunately, you won't be seeing the third season for a while, at least a year, since that story arc hasn't finished yet.
The anime staff, no doubt, are waiting for enough material just like the rest of us.

Personally I would like for the staff to wait even longer, since I think the current story arc is dragging on too long, and editing it short like the Fujiyama Gangsta Paradise arc in Second Barrage would be a better pace of story. I hope the 3rd season to be "El Baile De Muerte" + some few story arc to make up the 12 episodes. And for that to happen, we'll have to give Hiroe at least another year or so to pump out the goodies.

In other words, my ideal timeframe for 3rd season is to start Dec 2009 or Spring 2010.
Probably Spring 2010, since April is usually the massive new anime rush month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
and about live-action maybe that overhyped actress in the movie wanted and i think she did laracroft as well.
The problem is, Angelina Jolie is OBVIOUSLY not Chinese. Nor is she young.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-13, 01:04   Link #120
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
considering that current storyline (the one that started right after where Second Barrage ended) is expected to take 3 full volumes or more, it alone can probably have enough material for 3rd season.

Unfortunately, you won't be seeing the third season for a while, at least a year, since that story arc hasn't finished yet.
The anime staff, no doubt, are waiting for enough material just like the rest of us.

Personally I would like for the staff to wait even longer, since I think the current story arc is dragging on too long, and editing it short like the Fujiyama Gangsta Paradise arc in Second Barrage would be a better pace of story. I hope the 3rd season to be "El Baile De Muerte" + some few story arc to make up the 12 episodes. And for that to happen, we'll have to give Hiroe at least another year or so to pump out the goodies.

In other words, my ideal timeframe for 3rd season is to start Dec 2009 or Spring 2010.
Probably Spring 2010, since April is usually the massive new anime rush month.
how many eps in season 2 then? just 12? or a full 2X?
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, seinen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.