AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-06, 21:41   Link #61
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I'd rather say this episode was "uneven." I dropped the OVA series after a while, but I'm still going to give this one a chance. The lesser-known seiyuus seemed okay to me. And I liked the sometimes-awkward way things were played out -- like the incredibly long guitar business and the teeth. Maybe this feels a bit more like the manga? The character design didn't bother me. It looked more real, in some way. I'm not saying this is some masterpiece, but it didn't seem that bad to me. It had its points.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 21:44   Link #62
neoeagle

Watched the trailer and I think i don't like it .i won't even bother to download this.Thanks for the inputs.

Watching:One Outs,Tales of abyss,Gundam 00 S2,Index,Toradora, Casshern,Kurozuka
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 05:31   Link #63
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Jeez, this show is getting a lot of flack from all sides. Yes, I do think the character designs and production values are pretty low for this one and a lot of the scenes were pretty drawn out. The animation, I didn't mind one bit actually. Maybe I'm getting too used to the blobby-animation techniques by a lot of Gainax anime and something like Death Metal City that doesn't worry too much about sticking to a static look.

But honestly, I really liked what I saw for the most part. A lot of cute 5th grader antics and some Minami-ke-esque realistic-faces parts always turned out pretty funny for me.

For what it's worth I rather liked it. The OVA had the ecchi and more perverted stuff apparently, but I don't think they're really missing that much from this one. Maybe the TV censorship is just getting around to everyone. I'm not the least bit surprised. I won't only blame Xebec for that. They're censoring anime nowadays too.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 05:56   Link #64
Casshern

Well, first episode was definitely entertaining for me, to say the least. It doesn't have any plot as yet, and the lolicon factor is a bit awkward, but overall it looks like it's gonna be a fun and cute series.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 06:39   Link #65
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
But honestly, I really liked what I saw for the most part. A lot of cute 5th grader antics and some Minami-ke-esque realistic-faces parts always turned out pretty funny for me.
Same author as the minami-ke manga actually.
Old 2008-10-08, 07:16   Link #66
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Very cool. I think it's understandable that people are wary of Xebec though. I don't think they did anything truly solid after Heroic Age which was like forever-ago and even that show had some faults here and there.

I was hoping a Minami-ke authored story is animated by the first Minami-ke or even the Okawari group. I think both of those shows obviously had the better budget and direction.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 16:27   Link #67
Ashlotte
Clockwork

What the...where the heck did the OVA's style go to...?

Meh...Well now reading back through this thread seems like everyone's pretty much hit on what was wrong with that first episode...

They took the amusing OVA's basic setting...Butchered the character designs...Removed all the amusing sexual *wink wink nudge nudge*...Redid a couple skits we already saw before...and then threw in some nonsense about air guitars...

Oh well I'll probably still keep watching and hoping it gets better...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 16:37   Link #68
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I made the mistake of not watching the trailer, because I did not recognize any characters in the first episode in the first 5 minutes. This was a joke. I dropped it immediately, and I don't usually do that.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 16:46   Link #69
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

I loved the OVAS. Those funny mini-episodic esque and those serious faces would always cracked me up. But w/ this? I think the only part where I laugh was he got hit in his _crotch_ lol. So far a dissapointed and a disaster. So how many episodes will this have again?
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 16:58   Link #70
Solafighter
Hige

Mh well i expected to much, i think. From my point of view, the first episode isnt that good. Well iŽll follow this series anyway.
Old 2008-10-09, 00:39   Link #71
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The lesser-known seiyuus seemed okay to me.
That's not even a bad thing. The more newcomers, the better.

Spoiler for Probably going to get yelled at for this:
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:43   Link #72
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I'm pretty sure that it's not as bad as we think, but since we were spoiled by the OVA, the comparison is inevitable.
Old 2008-10-09, 00:46   Link #73
Echoes

I was sort of underwhelmed with the first episode.. I'm usually a sucker for nothing-happens slice-of-life, but I really felt like this series was lacking something. I'll give it one more episode, but with the number of great series starting this season, I'll most likely drop this.
Old 2008-10-09, 01:28   Link #74
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I was sort of underwhelmed with the first episode.. I'm usually a sucker for nothing-happens slice-of-life, but I really felt like this series was lacking something. I'll give it one more episode, but with the number of great series starting this season, I'll most likely drop this.
If you do drop the series, please watch the OVAs.
Old 2008-10-09, 17:12   Link #75
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Caught the first episode today while avoiding an essay assignment.
Caveat: first exposure to Kyou no Go no Ni.

This was an incredibly uneven episode.... but the first two skits (oral fixations, superball) and the last skit (umbrellas) had me chuckling. Whoever decided the air guitar skit should run that long should be smacked.... I would have put the air guitar ep first followed by 'oral' and then 'superball'.

Anyway.... lots of Minami-ke flashes (and that's a Bible Black thing as well, I hear?).
More importantly, they seem to have nailed what its like in the fifth grade (or at least how it was when the creator was that age...).
Just old enough to be fascinated with those girls, just old enough to have a sub-crush, too stupid to do much about it.

The last skit (umbrella) was particularly enjoyable because .... although Sato-kun thinks he lost to the guys... he won by having two delightful girls share a brella, but he never quite figured that out at a conscious level --- and then he lost the mental bubble when the sun came out. Perfectly 5th grade-ish.

It had me recalling my first crush in 5th grade.... actually got to dance with her in the school play, but too stupid and tongue-tied to actually say something about it. And the other guys were too busy being brash idiots.

yeah, first ep review is that I need to watch a few more... and then go rummage up the OVAs.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 17:19   Link #76
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Just a warning, the OVAs are... how to put it... much more 'sexualized', both in terms of character design and their delivery of jokes. But then again, that IS the charm of Kyou no Go no Ni for me, as it takes adult jokes and 'innocently' puts it into an elementary school setting.

I think that's my main beef with the TV series. It's not so much the seiyuu change or the art style, but the fact that there isn't so much innuendo left because it seems like the show has been 'dumbed' down for a younger audience.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 17:27   Link #77
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

well, 5th grade is about the time the brain gets dumped with all those pubescent chemical baths that make males and females go insane for the next ten years
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 17:51   Link #78
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I think that's my main beef with the TV series. It's not so much the seiyuu change or the art style, but the fact that there isn't so much innuendo left because it seems like the show has been 'dumbed' down for a younger audience.
Rarely it happens when I do feel the pain the manga/novel readers/incredibly-spoiled-ones go through when the anime adaptation fails to measure up to the expectation.

Why did the TV-series has to re-do those moment in episode 1 from the OVA? It was so incredibly boring that I actually went to look for those discs for the OVA so I can relive Kyo No Go Ni. It is indeed a very plain story as the TV-show clearly captured it. What makes it special how the story is told as captured in the OVA.

One boo-urn for the first episode of this TV-series.
Old 2008-10-09, 19:47   Link #79
Itlandm
Porcupine

Aihara's voice was just wrong. It should be creepier. Yeah, baby teeth, baby voice. But it does not match her personality.

On the bright side, Class 5-2 is a lot more family-friendly now. The children look younger and there is only a vague hint of indecency, probably too vague for real kids to notice. So that is good, the show can have a wider audience now.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 19:47   Link #80
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Very cool. I think it's understandable that people are wary of Xebec though. I don't think they did anything truly solid after Heroic Age which was like forever-ago and even that show had some faults here and there.

I was hoping a Minami-ke authored story is animated by the first Minami-ke or even the Okawari group. I think both of those shows obviously had the better budget and direction.
Heroic Age just finished earlier this year. It is not that old.

Tags
comedy, seinen