AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Umineko

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2012-08-16, 02:48   Link #921
fuff
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
can some one explain whats happening on this page the the next couple of pages? it looks like lambda is talking about how bern was born from rika...
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 10:22   Link #922
maximilianjenus
[E]
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
which page ?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 10:48   Link #923
jjblue1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuff View Post
can some one explain whats happening on this page the the next couple of pages? it looks like lambda is talking about how bern was born from rika...
Are you referring to chapter 20 of Ep 6 manga version?

Likely the scene represented is the one that's described in the novel like this:

Quote:
"Are you saying......that my master also fell into the hell of a logic error at some point...?"

"She did. Though she wasn't the one responsible for that logic error."

"......Because she wasn't the Game Master...?"

"That's right. ......At that time, she was still a small piece that wasn't even self-aware yet. It was her master, the Game Master, who committed the logic error."

"......My master was also......a witch's piece?"

"Yes. .........That kid's master......was another bad one. ......Though she created the game herself, partway through, she lost sight of what her goal was. ......She ended up creating something like a broken game of backgammon, where the start and goal were connected like a donut."

"What do you mean, she lost her goal......?"

"I'm talking about a logic error. ......In her backgammon game, she was unable to draw up a line of logic describing how to reach the goal she desired. So, the game remained broken, with no goal at all."

"......In that case, she should have quieted down and thought of an answer herself. ......Instead, she despicably left even the thinking entirely to her piece, Bern. .........Have you heard of the infinite monkey theorem?"

"......It's a theory...no, an absurdity...arguing that, if a monkey hits random letters on a typewriter for an infinite amount of time, ......he will probably end up with the exact same set of letters as Hamlet by coincidence, sooner or later."

".........Wouldn't that be a horrible hell? .........Bern was forced to type randomly on a typewriter for an eternal period of time, without even knowing the meaning of what she was doing. .........The Game Master was trying to get Bern to create a goal that the same Game Master hadn't even thought of."

......Could Erika even imagine......how horrible a hell that had been?

A job you have to do a hundred times...and a job that you have to keep repeating until it succeeds with a 1/100 probability......may look very similar probabilistically, ......but the difference in cruelty between them is great.

When you have to do a job a hundred times, you steadily approach the end, get more efficient as you become more used to it, and it eventually does end.

However, a job that succeeds with a 1/100 probability......doesn't reflect the hard work of the individual in the slightest.

Everything is left to luck.

......In the worst case scenario, even the task of flipping a coin until you get heads......can last more than a hundred years......

"How many keys are there on a typewriter? About a hundred, maybe. ......What do you think the odds are of hitting those at random and getting Hamlet...?"

".........I can't......even imagine. ......They must be......unbelievably small."

"That's right. ......It's not really any different from an endless span of time. .........For that dizzying sort of time, ......that child kept pounding on that typewriter until she typed out a 'miracle'."

"And that's why......she's the Witch of Miracles...?"

"If she wasn't a witch...no, if she hadn't been able to become a witch, ......she would probably still be a black cat strapped to that typewriter for eternity. ......That child was blessed by a miracle, ......succeeded in typing out a 'miracle', ...became a witch, and returned from that hell alive."

"That hell was so long and harsh......that her mind was completely broken. That's why she became such a mean and heartless witch. .........Even you would dislike your master if given the choice, right?"

"Th, that's not true...! I am honored to be my master's piece. My master is strong and a persecutor. Trampling over the weak is her natural right."

"......Because she's a human on the bully's side of life...? Heheh. ......Do you know how to create a great bully?"

"......? No."
Through the visual novel is vague yes, the manga depicts PieceBern as Rika and her master as Hanyu.
jjblue1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 21:45   Link #924
Asuka0NK
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
So I guess the manga finally confirms that Rika is Bernkastel and that Hanyuu was the "cruel gamemaster"?
__________________
Asuka0NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 14:33   Link #925
Thunder Book
Endless Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
That's very interesting.

Anyone know if putting in this part was Ryu07's decision or not?
Thunder Book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 14:48   Link #926
jjblue1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Book View Post
That's very interesting.

Anyone know if putting in this part was Ryu07's decision or not?
I don't know about this specific part but he said he would cooperate with the manga authors to give extra tips.

EP 8 for example, differs from the visual novel and it seems to explain some of the tricks used through the crimes by Beato. It's too bad I can't read it though so i can't get the details of the explanations, just the bits suggested by the draws...

So yes, there's a chance the scene is there because Ryukishi wanted so.

Last edited by jjblue1; 2012-10-16 at 16:39.
jjblue1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 17:37   Link #927
Asuka0NK
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
He probably put it in so it can finally be established that the girl in Higurashi that was inside Rika is 100% Bernkastel from Umineko.
__________________
Asuka0NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 09:36   Link #928
Joeyscraggy
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Hi! new here, but have been lurking for months, and this is something i couldn't ignore:



New official manga: Forgery of the Purple Logic

Also it's official twitter: https://twitter.com/umineko_purple
and the 07thExpansion twitter: https://twitter.com/07th_official

Judging by the cover, Battler and Erika will be the main characters. Anyone has any predictions?
Joeyscraggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 12:42   Link #929
RandomAvatarFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Heh, we actually just started that discussion the other day on the translation page. Since it is manga, maybe we should split and merge that discussion onto this page?
__________________

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 10:07   Link #930
Joly
モエカステル
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: カケラの海
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
The drawing style reminds me the one of an Umineko doujinshi I saw long ago...
Yes, the artist did do some Umineko/Higurashi doujinshi in the past.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 11:33   Link #931
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ruins of the Golden Land
I really hope this doesn't turn out like the Higurashi's manga arcs.....
__________________

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 15:45   Link #932
RandomAvatarFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
I really hope this doesn't turn out like the Higurashi's manga arcs.....
What do you mean?
__________________

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 16:22   Link #933
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ruins of the Golden Land
I mean Onisharashi-hen, Yoigoshi-hen, Utsutsukowashi-hen, and generally every bullshi-hen that the manga had for no obvious reason.
__________________

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 16:47   Link #934
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Natal-RN, Brazil
Age: 18
Onisarashi-hen and Yoigoshi-hen were good. Can't speak for Utsutsukowashi-hen because I didn't read it.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-27, 16:59   Link #935
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ruins of the Golden Land
I personally hated them. Onisarashi might have been good as it's own series or something, but it was a big failure for Higurashi. Yoigoshi's plot was a bit interesting up to some point where it got way out of hand and I didn't manage to put myself through the rest of it. And don't get me started on Utsutsukowashi-hen or even Umineko X to get back on topic. Biggest load of Umineko crap I've ever witnessed. They should simply stick to the original arcs and stop experimenting.
__________________

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 18:54   Link #936
Joly
モエカステル
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: カケラの海
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bluebeard View Post
I personally hated them. Onisarashi might have been good as it's own series or something, but it was a big failure for Higurashi. Yoigoshi's plot was a bit interesting up to some point where it got way out of hand and I didn't manage to put myself through the rest of it. And don't get me started on Utsutsukowashi-hen or even Umineko X to get back on topic. Biggest load of Umineko crap I've ever witnessed. They should simply stick to the original arcs and stop experimenting.
I didn't hate the manga original arcs for Higurashi, but I do agree that they're really... not as great as the original 07-written arcs. (Also, I'm not sure if it counts as a part of Higurashi, but Hinamizawa Teiryuujo isn't actually "-hen" and not yet fully translated... but I love it. This one was originally written by 07 unlike the other manga-only arcs and was an unreleased script before Higurashi became a sound novel.)

I think these manga spin-offs usually aren't very good/terrible since they weren't really by the original author, so they don't have the same "feel". Maybe 07 at least supervised some of them though. All of 07-written works have been adapted and published in Square-Enix Gangan Magazines (ie. EP6 in Gangan Fantasy, EP5 & 8 in Gangan Joker, Tsubasa in Big Gangan)... while all the non-07-written work are published in something like CompAce. Once they're done adapting Tsubasa and most likely Hane, I think that will be the last of 07's Umineko work to be adapted.

Then they'll keep coming out with spin-offs like Umineko X, Forgery of the Purple Logic, Utage, etc. for the fans in other magazines.
Joly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 19:51   Link #937
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ruins of the Golden Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joly View Post
(Also, I'm not sure if it counts as a part of Higurashi, but Hinamizawa Teiryuujo isn't actually "-hen" and not yet fully translated... but I love it. This one was originally written by 07 unlike the other manga-only arcs and was an unreleased script before Higurashi became a sound novel.)
I didn't know they'd made a manga version of it. I've always been very curious to read the original draft ever since I heard of its existence, so I'll be sure to check that out.

(Wait.... This has a grown up Rika???? With tits???? And purple hair?????? .......my life is over.......)
__________________

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 22:43   Link #938
RandomAvatarFan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Onisarashi-hen and Yoigoroshi -hen was written by Ryu07. (The two that made it to the USA) I don't know what this has to do with Umineko.
__________________

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 22:55   Link #939
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
Does vol 7 manga is still ongoing? I don't think I've heard any news about it for a while..
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-01, 23:27   Link #940
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Natal-RN, Brazil
Age: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Onisarashi-hen and Yoigoroshi -hen was written by Ryu07. (The two that made it to the USA) I don't know what this has to do with Umineko.
Because Captain Bluebeard doesn't like the manga-original arcs of Higurashi, and commented that he hopes Forgery of the Purple Logic won't be like it. The rest is history.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
seinen, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.