AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 216 59.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 23.01%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 4.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 2.47%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-18, 03:25   Link #1281
DN24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Ah the double standards of Geass. I freaking hate them. The the Order can do whatever the heck it feels like and get treated fine cause they're the Order?
I'm used to it already,LL and his Order is above all laws and moral...

Oh,I'd like to bring back the discussion about whether refrain can be considered a truth serum or not.
This is actually not the 1st time someone consider using refrain to find out Zero identity,in R1 ep21 Ougi did think about using it on Villeta so that she can reveal Zero identity.Now,if Ougi considered using it on his girlfriend the effect might not be that bad,It also prove Suzaku didn't do it just to get back at LL since it can actually confirm whether LL regained his memory and come back to being Zero or not
DN24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 03:39   Link #1282
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Villetta had amnesia. Refrain likely would have jumpstarted her memory because that's what it's designed to trigger. After that, he could just ask her. With Kallen, who has her memories, it's a shot in the dark hoping he'll hit something recent.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 03:53   Link #1283
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Villetta had amnesia. Refrain likely would have jumpstarted her memory because that's what it's designed to trigger. After that, he could just ask her. With Kallen, who has her memories, it's a shot in the dark hoping he'll hit something recent.
Better than nothing, don't you think?
As long as there is a chance, it's worth trying.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 04:02   Link #1284
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Admittedly yes. She's obviously not gonna talk, and as long as Lelouch is out there more people like Shirley will die (obviously not but that's what Lelouch made Suzaku think) We are also assuming that all he wants from her is Lelouch's indentity which might not be the entire case. He also could be hoping for info on Lelouch's location plan, reasons for doing what he's doing etc.

It's harsh and not exactly a moral thing to do but he's already lost two people to Lelouch (If you weren't such a complusive liar we wouldn't have this problem, Jesus Lelouch!) and doesn't want to lose anymore. What you think Lelouch wouldn't do this in the same position if he didn't have Geass?

The only reason I'm slightly against this is that it's Kallen who's one of the closest things to good people on this show who aren't Euphie or Nunnally. Yeah she's a fighter and she's killed people but she's still more or less a decent and honorable person who hasn't done anything immoral, kind of like Guilford.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 04:04   Link #1285
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
Admittedly yes. She's obviously not gonna talk, and as long as Lelouch is out there more people like Shirley will die (obviously not but that's what Lelouch made Suzaku think) We are also assuming that all he wants from her is Lelouch's indentity which might not be the entire case. He also could be hoping for info on Lelouch's location plan, reasons for doing what he's doing etc.

It's harsh and not exactly a moral thing to do but he's already lost two people to Lelouch (If you weren't such a complusive liar we wouldn't have this problem, Jesus Lelouch!) and doesn't want to lose anymore. What you think Lelouch wouldn't do this in the same position if he didn't have Geass?

The only reason I'm slightly against this is that it's Kallen who's one of the closest things to good people on this show who aren't Euphie or Nunnally. Yeah she's a fighter and she's killed people but she's still more or less a decent and honorable person who hasn't done anything immoral, kind of like Guilford.


And that's exactly why i want her to be drugged. She is one of those people, who haven't suffered enough. And i want all of important characters to suffer.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 04:40   Link #1286
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Okay. She's lost her brother to war, practically lost her mother to both Refrain and a lengthy prison sentence, her father...well, seemingly doesn't give a care about what she does (though this is debateable), she had to deal with the events of Stage 23, and she wasn't pleased at all, by them, and the heart-rending revelation of Zero's true identity at the end of season one, she had to deal with, though not mentioned, the deaths of a great many of her comrades at the end of R1, she almost lost her leader to the very same object that cursed her mother to a life of bleakness, and that's before she got herself captured and Suzaku cornered her, and you say she hasn't suffered all that much?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 05:40   Link #1287
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Hey, some noob is here again, What is a POW?
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 05:42   Link #1288
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
Hey, some noob is here again, What is a POW?
Prisoner of War.

Ever watched Hogan's Heroes? Most of the cast in that are POWs.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 05:43   Link #1289
Kenu
magoi, magoi!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
Hey, some noob is here again, What is a POW?
POW = Prisoner of War

When in doubt enter in google: subject wiki
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 06:26   Link #1290
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Okay. She's lost her brother to war, practically lost her mother to both Refrain and a lengthy prison sentence, her father...well, seemingly doesn't give a care about what she does (though this is debateable), she had to deal with the events of Stage 23, and she wasn't pleased at all, by them, and the heart-rending revelation of Zero's true identity at the end of season one, she had to deal with, though not mentioned, the deaths of a great many of her comrades at the end of R1, she almost lost her leader to the very same object that cursed her mother to a life of bleakness, and that's before she got herself captured and Suzaku cornered her, and you say she hasn't suffered all that much?
Yes, I do.
Refrain incident with her mother ended in her favor.
Losing comrades? Everyone lose them, so I don't count it.
Zero identity? It ended in her favor also, because now Lelouch is Zero is one person to her.
She needs to lose something, which will make her suffer to the rest of series. I guess you can count her brother here, but it happened so long ago. I want to see their expressions when they lose something. They need to suffer.
And overcome everything.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 06:28   Link #1291
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Yes, I do.
Refrain incident with her mother ended in her favor.
Losing comrades? Everyone lose them, so I don't count it.
Zero identity? It ended in her favor also, because now Lelouch is Zero is one person to her.
She needs to lose something, which will make her suffer to the rest of series. I guess you can count her brother here, but it happened so long ago. I want to see their expressions when they lose something. They need to suffer.
And overcome everything.
you do understand that what this means is that she basiclly gets raped (only without the sex part)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 06:35   Link #1292
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Oh, yes, she's really going to overcome it if, by chance, Suzaku just keeps using enough Refrain to make her a mindless, craving addict, isn't she?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 06:40   Link #1293
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Oh, yes, she's really going to overcome it if, by chance, Suzaku just keeps using enough Refrain to make her a mindless, craving addict, isn't she?
Some characters are bond to die
And I'm sure that her lovely reunion with Lelouch will give her strength to overcome her refrain addiction.
And is it bad to have one character with addiction? It only makes things more interesting.
Anyway, i'm fine if she will not be drugged, because then it will increase chances of harem ending ( in my mind), which is also good.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 06:41   Link #1294
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Kallen? Destined for death?

Sorry, I find that slightly amusing...
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 06:45   Link #1295
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Kallen? Destined for death?

Sorry, I find that slightly amusing...
Lol, i guess i used wrong phrase. But if she is really going to get drugged to the point of addiction, i don't see her future ending really good. This will certainly destroy any chances of Lelouch X Kallen and increase chances of Lelouch staying single and increase chances of her dieing. IMHO.
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 06:49   Link #1296
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brazil
Age: 24
Well, Lelouch could fix her addiction...
__________________

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Kovensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 06:56   Link #1297
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Cancel the geass on her (nothing bad, she'd regain her memories of the questioning and realise that Lelouch already knows her past and reasons to fight) and then geass the addiction out of her.
__________________
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 06:59   Link #1298
Ruvixur
Lelouch Vi Britannia FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Estonia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovensky View Post
Well, Lelouch could fix her addiction...
Are you talking about geass?
I wonder if geass can cure addiction. Certainly, it will remove her mental pain and addiction, but her body still will need drug. Geass doesn't affect victim's body.
But it certainly will be easier to cure her with geass.

About drug addiction in wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_addiction

Edit:
We know way to little about Refrain. Does it give only mental addiction ( necessaries for happy moments) or physical addiction (Withdrawal)
Ruvixur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 07:28   Link #1299
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Sorry for the delay, wing, I went to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I gotta believe if Suzaku is unveiling a dose of refrain and suggesting it is a truth serum there may be more to this than "OMGBBQ I hate Suzaku so what he's saying is some dumb$hit..." Furthermore in the context of the situation given I am only speculating what could occur given the circumstances..I have repeatedly said that I'm not sure what Suzaku is up to and if it is a real threat or a psychological play, but given the set-up it is more than logical for me to surmise that the writers are setting up a plausible scenario rather than just pi$$ing you off because anything Suzaku does has to be weighted down with a 10-ton feather of "because he pi$$es me off" doubt...
He isn't suggesting it is truth serum. He simply said that he doesn't care anymore and that he will use refrain to... For all you know, his sentence may have ended with 'torture'. It has been noted within the CG continium that there is a truth serum somewhere in the world, C.C. makes note of that. Refrain is an illegal hallucinogen that simply knocks someone off their rocker for a few hours. It is niether credible (unlike a truth serum to a degree) nor is it even remotely guaranteed/effective in what he wants.

As I said, this has nothing to do with 'I hate Suzaku", this is me saying, "This is utterly idiotic." His actions, if they are a ploy, are stupid for these reasons: His hands are now occupied, he's in a small room, and the person he's threatening has a chair right behind them they can smash over his head. What part of his miniscule brain planned this out? If he goes to restrain her first, then the noise and struggle would likely attract attention. If his intent is to drug her, he'd have a better chance throwing darts at a board of possible Zeros in the dark.

As I said, I have no qualm with it being Suzaku, I simply do not like his utter stupidity in the situation. He's just twirling his mustache for the sake of feeling good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
You are assuming you know more than has potentially been explained...So what if Lulu cuts her mom and dad in the check-out line of f*cked-up refrain memories?? In a show where 1 million people put on Zero costumes and Rooms-to-Go sets up Lulu's study in the middle of the desert, excuse me if I'm going off the deep-end by suggesting that Kallen in a f*cked-up, drugged-up state might infer something about Zero's identity...Is that more out of bounds than the $hitload of obtuse scenarios this show has showered the audience with for dramatic effect?? I'm just not being as dismissive as you because it would not shock me in the least if the writers simply made her have a Lulu memory as to fit the modus operandi of the story at this point...A thousand pardons if I don't just see it as Suzaku's a b!tch so the entire basis of analyzing this scenario gets thrown outta the window for me...
The only thing I have assumed is that Lelouch is not more important to her than her family when it was whole. (Hell, I'd even be happy if it did turn out that way, so that I get some poo to fling around.) I did not say you were going off the deep end, I simply said it is highly unlikely for this to give Suzaku what he wants. The chance of it being as you say is no better than me taking a horse and trying to fit it into a Doll House Barn. Certainly it is possible by what definition I use for inside the Doll House Barn, but by the time I get the horse into the barn, I'll likely have destroyed the barn.

The simple fact that he is acting without basis and on his little vendetta against Lelouch makes him a bitch, but that is not what I am even talking about. This series of events, and his plan, make him into a collosal moron. If he had at least brought out hand-cuffs first, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Yes, I do.
Refrain incident with her mother ended in her favor.
Losing comrades? Everyone lose them, so I don't count it.
Zero identity? It ended in her favor also, because now Lelouch is Zero is one person to her.
She needs to lose something, which will make her suffer to the rest of series. I guess you can count her brother here, but it happened so long ago. I want to see their expressions when they lose something. They need to suffer.
And overcome everything.
Your stupidity is showing.
There is no 'in her favor' in having her mom be a vegetable due to drugs and in prison for twenty odd years. That's simply a better than worse, bad end. She's lost her mother for twenty years no matter how you look at it.
You don't count friends she's lost because others have lost them too? Idiotic.
Oh good, you made an actual point. Thought I was wasting my time.
Let's see, she's lost her mother, her brother, her father, her heritage, her friends, her country, and she's been removed from the man she loves and with no guarantee of living to see him again. Seems... like she's lost quite a bit, time doesn't matter because she's clearly not just up and forgotten about her brother. She lost him and she knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvixur View Post
Lol, i guess i used wrong phrase. But if she is really going to get drugged to the point of addiction, i don't see her future ending really good. This will certainly destroy any chances of Lelouch X Kallen and increase chances of Lelouch staying single and increase chances of her dieing. IMHO.
Your logic... which is devoid of logic... baffles me.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 09:04   Link #1300
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Sorry for the delay, wing, I went to sleep.



He isn't suggesting it is truth serum. He simply said that he doesn't care anymore and that he will use refrain to... For all you know, his sentence may have ended with 'torture'. It has been noted within the CG continium that there is a truth serum somewhere in the world, C.C. makes note of that. Refrain is an illegal hallucinogen that simply knocks someone off their rocker for a few hours. It is niether credible (unlike a truth serum to a degree) nor is it even remotely guaranteed/effective in what he wants.

As I said, this has nothing to do with 'I hate Suzaku", this is me saying, "This is utterly idiotic." His actions, if they are a ploy, are stupid for these reasons: His hands are now occupied, he's in a small room, and the person he's threatening has a chair right behind them they can smash over his head. What part of his miniscule brain planned this out? If he goes to restrain her first, then the noise and struggle would likely attract attention. If his intent is to drug her, he'd have a better chance throwing darts at a board of possible Zeros in the dark.

As I said, I have no qualm with it being Suzaku, I simply do not like his utter stupidity in the situation. He's just twirling his mustache for the sake of feeling good.



The only thing I have assumed is that Lelouch is not more important to her than her family when it was whole. (Hell, I'd even be happy if it did turn out that way, so that I get some poo to fling around.) I did not say you were going off the deep end, I simply said it is highly unlikely for this to give Suzaku what he wants. The chance of it being as you say is no better than me taking a horse and trying to fit it into a Doll House Barn. Certainly it is possible by what definition I use for inside the Doll House Barn, but by the time I get the horse into the barn, I'll likely have destroyed the barn.

The simple fact that he is acting without basis and on his little vendetta against Lelouch makes him a bitch, but that is not what I am even talking about. This series of events, and his plan, make him into a collosal moron. If he had at least brought out hand-cuffs first, maybe.
Dude since we’ve hit cyclical mode at this point I’m just gonna end it like this…By a show of hands (or I guess mouse-clicks or something), who would fall outta their computer chairs, bust their heads open, and have their dreams shattered if Suzaku injected Kallen with refrain and she had a Lulu memory which would expose something to Suzaku? Who thinks that’s appalling or totally out of bounds in-terms of CG’s ever expanding context as a drama? I believe the answer to this question is clear…So when//if you fall backwards, please have a pillow ready man…
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.