AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 216 59.18%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 84 23.01%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 7.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 4.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 0.82%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 2.47%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-18, 17:37   Link #1361
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Jersey
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
And I'll say again what does that have to do with anything?

They could have Kallen and Suzaku do a standoff for like 5 seconds in the first part of the episode and then never show them again after that for the remainder. Or just show them individually afterwards which again makes it ambigious on whether or not he actually did it.
If that is what happens I will freak out... I NEED to know what happens...<.<'
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 17:47   Link #1362
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
Since it was a cliff hanger and a good one. I want to see what happens between Suzaku and Kallen. Given how fast paced these recent two episodes been, I think there show us what happens.
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 18:45   Link #1363
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Best Place In The WORLD
Age: 22
he's just saying that if both voice actors are in the next episode (im assuming he's referring to suzaku and kallen)...then there has to be a scene with those two, whether together with the refrain or separately...it just makes it more of a chance that they will show the scene because someone mentioned that perhaps they would skip the scene...

that's his point i believe.
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 23:39   Link #1364
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Looking for CG Writers email addresses
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
he's just saying that if both voice actors are in the next episode (im assuming he's referring to suzaku and kallen)...then there has to be a scene with those two, whether together with the refrain or separately...it just makes it more of a chance that they will show the scene because someone mentioned that perhaps they would skip the scene...

that's his point i believe.
I hope they get on with it this coming episode. I'm sorry to sound like a spoiled fanboy. But Kallen needs to be back in the Guren kicking ass pronto. The only acceptable reason for her not to is to reveal her character more, these 5 second clips don't cut it!
__________________
KDF Kallen Defense Force
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 23:42   Link #1365
EternalMelody
Panzergeist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: San Jose
Age: 28
Quote:
I hope they get on with it this coming episode. I'm sorry to sound like a spoiled fanboy. But Kallen needs to be back in the Guren kicking ass pronto. The only acceptable reason for her not to is to reveal her character more, these 5 second clips don't cut it!
Yeah I totally agree with that.

I think if they reveal the new Guren then the current Guren won't have that much showtime. Only like 2 battles?

Anyways, why don't LL just approach Suzaku and say that he didn't mean to kill Euphy. "I'm sorry Suzaku I didn't mean to do that." Suzaku might be able to forgive him if he actually apologizes. Just explain the situation and the accidental Geass being out of control.
EternalMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 23:45   Link #1366
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Because he'd have to admit he's a wanted criminal/leader of an opposing nation?
Spoiler for Episode 17 spoilers:
__________________

Last edited by morbosfist; 2008-07-19 at 01:10.
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 23:47   Link #1367
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Looking for CG Writers email addresses
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Because he'd have to admit he's a wanted criminal/leader of an opposing nation? The summary for 17 suggests he might do that, but for the moment it's out of the question.
Suzaku is going to find out in a few episodes eventually, since Lelouch let V.V. and Charles know. I guess they might not let Suzaku know..
__________________
KDF Kallen Defense Force
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 23:49   Link #1368
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
morbosfist, you might want to spoiler tag what you just said...

Anyway, as for Kallen's situation, they gave us quite the cliffhanger there, so I'll expect them to at least let us know the outcome of it, considering the appearence of the VA's for both characters in the next episode. Of course, it doesn't have to be, but... Well, we'll see tomorrow -_-.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 23:52   Link #1369
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Looking for CG Writers email addresses
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
morbosfist, you might want to spoiler tag what you just said...

Anyway, as for Kallen's situation, they gave us quite the cliffhanger there, so I'll expect them to at least let us know the outcome of it, considering the appearence of the VA's for both characters in the next episode. Of course, it doesn't have to be, but... Well, we'll see tomorrow -_-.
I just need need to know before I go "Hunting" Suzaku fans.
__________________
KDF Kallen Defense Force
Verist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-18, 23:55   Link #1370
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I just need need to know before I go "Hunting" Suzaku fans.

Well, I think most of us are prepared for the storm that'll be coming if Suzaku really does it...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 00:18   Link #1371
anime ronin
death by animeoverdos X_X
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: hinamizawa in an endless cycle of death
Age: 23
seeing as how suzaku knows lelouche killed euphimia, and has high suspition that he killed shirley seeing that he's the prime suspect in his perspective, im pretty sure he's willing to do anything at this point to stop zero...
__________________

PIRATES DOCKING 6!!! GIANT ROBOT SOLDIER!!! BIG EMPEROR!!!
anime ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 00:30   Link #1372
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by anime ronin View Post
seeing as how suzaku knows lelouche killed euphimia, and has high suspition that he killed shirley seeing that he's the prime suspect in his perspective, im pretty sure he's willing to do anything at this point to stop zero...
Hardly.

If Suzaku was serious, he would declare Lulu a terrorist right now and put him on the most wanted list. That's within his authority as a KotR. He doesn't need confessions from anyone.

Suzaku seemed to be confused; he doesn't realize that the whole point about gaining power in Britannian society is you can ignore rules entirely. The "right way" to do thing in Britannia is to do everything and anything you can get away with.

If you are following rules, then you are not powerful enough.

Suzaku drugging Kallen is completely pointless for catching Zero. He should just have Lulu arrested without charge and then question him directly. Both actions are unethical, but at least the second option is quicker and more effective.

And if Suzaku can't do that, then it explains why he isn't getting anywhere with his plans; he has no idea what he is allowed to do.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 01:15   Link #1373
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
morbosfist, you might want to spoiler tag what you just said...
Done.

Suzaku cannot declare Lelouch a terrorist because the facts that lead him to suspect Lelouch are not and cannot be made public knowledge. No one knows Lelouch was Zero, no one knows about the existence of Geass, and Zero was never held responsible for Euphy's murder. The Britannians claimed to have executed her. Futhermore, Shirley's death is a suicide and Lelouch has an airtight alibi for the time when Zero was off liberating China. Even Britannia has rules they must obey. Villetta knew the same when she hunted Lelouch down.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 02:37   Link #1374
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Done.

Suzaku cannot declare Lelouch a terrorist because the facts that lead him to suspect Lelouch are not and cannot be made public knowledge. No one knows Lelouch was Zero, no one knows about the existence of Geass, and Zero was never held responsible for Euphy's murder. The Britannians claimed to have executed her. Futhermore, Shirley's death is a suicide and Lelouch has an airtight alibi for the time when Zero was off liberating China. Even Britannia has rules they must obey. Villetta knew the same when she hunted Lelouch down.
Suzaku does not need to make ANYTHING public knowledge. He just need to have Lulu arrested because he is a threat to the nation, and that's all the explanation he needed to give. In a world where the media is completely under the control of the government, nothing is ever public knowledge unless they want it to be.

Euphie's murder, Shirely's death, Zero's identity, existence of Geass... None of that matters. As a KotR, Suzaku has the legal authority to have someone arrested without explanations.

Villetta had to obey rules when she hunted Lulu because she was a simple Knight from a poor family. She had almost no authority, and authority was all that matters in Britannia.

Suzaku has the authority to have Lulu arrested right now. At the very least, Lulu could be brought in for questioning. If you want to beak rules, you might as well break rules that get you somewhere. Drugging Kallen would be far less effective than interrogating Lulu directly.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 02:47   Link #1375
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Suzaku doesn't have the authority to arrest whomever he wants. His rank does not grant him the right to ignore the law. He has to obey it like everyone else. I don't know where you're getting the idea that a KoR can do whatever they want with no consequences, but it's not correct. He has the authority to act outside of the chain of command, not the law itself. He may be able to get away with drugging a prisoner in private, but he'd never manage to pull off arresting a student. He has no just cause to arrest Lelouch at the moment, and doesn't know where he is to do it in any case.
__________________
morbosfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 03:39   Link #1376
MonkeyDude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
I believe the Emperor's orders were to observe Lelouch and use him as bait for the capture of C.C. Suzaku arresting Lelouch because he believes that he is Zero contrary to the evidence given to him goes against the will of the emperor. KoR or not, no one under the rule of Britannia can defy the will of the emperor. Suzaku has to use a roundabout way to confirm whether Zero is in fact Lelouch since the emperor pretty much declared him off-limits until C.C. appears.

Emperor wants C.C., uses Lulu as bait, Suzaku arrests (real) Lelouch for no reason, emperor's plans might be ruined, and we have ourselves an angry Wakamoto.

Not defending Suzaku or anything, I'm just saying that arresting him might not be the smart move given that he will go against the emperor's wishes himself.
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 03:54   Link #1377
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Suzaku doesn't have the authority to arrest whomever he wants. His rank does not grant him the right to ignore the law. He has to obey it like everyone else. I don't know where you're getting the idea that a KoR can do whatever they want with no consequences, but it's not correct. He has the authority to act outside of the chain of command, not the law itself. He may be able to get away with drugging a prisoner in private, but he'd never manage to pull off arresting a student. He has no just cause to arrest Lelouch at the moment, and doesn't know where he is to do it in any case.
It has been shown again and again that Britannia operates under the "Private Law" system. Law as we know it, "common law", where the same law applies to everyone equally, simply do not exist.

There is a law for Numbers, a law for Peasants, a Law for Nobles, and a law for Royalty. Suzaku, being a KotR, is positioned between that of a Royal and a Noble due to his direct association with the Emperor.

Suzaku can order Lulu arrested for questioning, and he could rightfully have any police officer who refused to follow his order executed as a traitor.

People should stop trying to use current real-life legal systems to argue here; there is nothing a judge can say or do that can affect a KotR. Just-Cause is not necessary.

And the fact that Lulu is now missing is all the more reason to set up a dragnet right now, instead of having fun drugging someone for no good reason.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 03:57   Link #1378
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Suzaku does not need to make ANYTHING public knowledge. He just need to have Lulu arrested because he is a threat to the nation, and that's all the explanation he needed to give. In a world where the media is completely under the control of the government, nothing is ever public knowledge unless they want it to be.
True. In fact, he doesn't even need to explain that much. "Because I say so and I'm a KoR" is all the explanation low level grunts need.

But, while he can ignore what laws there are, he can't ignore the will of the emperor. That's one of the sticking points, though, since there's a Zero out there and all, and CC doesn't seem interested in contacting Lelouch, dangling him as bait may not be that important any more. Certainly, detaining him a few days won't hurt anything.

There may also be another problem: what Euphemia would have wanted. Rather than trigger of return of "Evil Lelouch", wouldn't she have preferred him to live a peaceful student life? Suzaku may be hesitant to interfere with that for nothing.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 04:18   Link #1379
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
True. In fact, he doesn't even need to explain that much. "Because I say so and I'm a KoR" is all the explanation low level grunts need.

But, while he can ignore what laws there are, he can't ignore the will of the emperor. That's one of the sticking points, though, since there's a Zero out there and all, and CC doesn't seem interested in contacting Lelouch, dangling him as bait may not be that important any more. Certainly, detaining him a few days won't hurt anything.

There may also be another problem: what Euphemia would have wanted. Rather than trigger of return of "Evil Lelouch", wouldn't she have preferred him to live a peaceful student life? Suzaku may be hesitant to interfere with that for nothing.
Using Lulu as bait for CC might seem well and good, but it would be rather pointless if the bait has gone missing.

Suzaku doesn't even know where Lulu is right now; if he was truly wishing to find CC as per the Emperor's orders, he would need to find Lulu immediately. Bait that isn't attached to a fishhook is just food.

So my argument stands; instead of drugging Kallen, Suzaku should spend his time finding where Lulu is. Regardless if he had his memory back or not, it won't do the Emperor any good if Lulu went missing.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 04:35   Link #1380
MonkeyDude
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Correct me if I'm wrong, but "Lelouch" is still at the academy living a normal life. Every and all intelligence points to that simple fact, yet Suzaku trusts his gut and truly believes that Zero is in fact Lelouch (much as I don't like the guy, he is right). The bait is still there...albeit someone that performs much better than original...but "he's" still there

Well the episode will air in less than 24 hours from now...let's see how things went...
MonkeyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.