AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Characters in Code Geass R2
Zero/Lelouch Lamperouge 662 62.63%
Suzaku Kururugi 228 21.57%
C.C. 619 58.56%
Kallen Stadtfeld 366 34.63%
Rolo Lamperouge 108 10.22%
Nunnally Lamperouge 156 14.76%
Milly Ashford 120 11.35%
Shirley Fenette 190 17.98%
Li Xingke 164 15.52%
V.V. 36 3.41%
Gino Weinberg 115 10.88%
Anya Alstreim 220 20.81%
Jeremiah Gottwald 226 21.38%
Villetta Nu 76 7.19%
Lloyd Asplund 159 15.04%
Kaguya Sumeragi 144 13.62%
Charles di Britannia 62 5.87%
Schneizel el Britannia 119 11.26%
Cornelia li Britannia 225 21.29%
Other (please list) 101 9.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1057. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-21, 21:24   Link #481
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
I was not referring to the power that Mao got but the geass itself. C.C herself viewed it as a cursed power, which is why C.C wanted to die by passing the curse onto someone else. It does not matter how that power manifested, but that the power itself was seen as a curse, one C.C herself was willing to pass on to Mao for her own desires.
Eh true. But I still love C.C. anyway, even if she can be a bitch sometimes.
Old 2008-10-21, 21:26   Link #482
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowcatch View Post
Eh true. But I still love C.C. anyway, even if she can be a bitch sometimes.
That is fine but saying she had no responsibility with how Mao turned out is different.
Old 2008-10-21, 22:25   Link #483
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
That is fine but saying she had no responsibility with how Mao turned out is different.
Hehe, point accepted. She did corrupt him. Buut he did go over the deep end. I mean cmon, cutting someone into pieces, putting them into a suitcase, and moving to Australia?! WTF?! Australia is a shit place to live!
Old 2008-10-21, 22:28   Link #484
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Hehe, point accepted. She did corrupt him. Buut he did go over the deep end. I mean cmon, cutting someone into pieces, putting them into a suitcase, and moving to Australia?! WTF?! Australia is a shit place to live!
Well, Mao's insantity aside, I can't help but wonder just how many people C.C. went through on her quest to die. If it wasn't until recently that she started giving out Geass (like Marianne and Mao were the first), it wouldn't be so bad, but as far as we know, she's been doing it for hundreds of years.

Incendently, I have a few friends who have been to Australia, and they all said it was quite nice.
Old 2008-10-21, 22:31   Link #485
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Incendently, I have a few friends who have been to Australia, and they all said it was quite nice.
Who doesn't love Koalas!!! They are so cute :O So Australia can't be a bad place XD (yeah my logic is so wrong XD)
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 22:32   Link #486
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Well, Mao's insantity aside, I can't help but wonder just how many people C.C. went through on her quest to die. If it wasn't until recently that she started giving out Geass (like Marianne and Mao were the first), it wouldn't be so bad, but as far as we know, she's been doing it for hundreds of years.

Maybe...BUT AUSTRALIA=O?!
Old 2008-10-21, 22:34   Link #487
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Off topic, but I think you've been misinformed about your notion/generalization of Australia.
Old 2008-10-22, 23:42   Link #488
Shadowcatch
Romantic Sucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
Off topic, but I think you've been misinformed about your notion/generalization of Australia.
Off topic as well. I waz juz kiddin =P. Have some buddies I talk to everyonce in a while from Australia. They say they love it there. I can see why Mao would want to live there. I'm just wondering why Mao didn't go to a deserted Island with C.C. =/
Old 2008-10-23, 09:12   Link #489
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Well Mao went over the deep end because of the burden C.C placed on him and the mistakes in his upbringing as well as his abandonment by C.C. C.C herself admits that what happened to Mao was her mistake.
Old 2008-10-23, 10:00   Link #490
whiter
C.C, Matsuri and Horo,

Send a message via Skype™ to whiter
Quote:
Well Mao went over the deep end because of the burden C.C placed on him and the mistakes in his upbringing as well as his abandonment by C.C. C.C herself admits that what happened to Mao was her mistake.
Herself admitting she was at fault doesn't mean she was right, you realize that a Code can't be forced on a person, but is granted upon requesting power.
Just like Lelouch said to C.C in the end. That everything from the moment he was granted with geass was his responsability.
Mao made a choise to accept the geass, it's a gamble in a sense; getting something with out knowing full consequences. It's his choise, and his fail.
Old 2008-10-23, 10:25   Link #491
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiter View Post
Herself admitting she was at fault doesn't mean she was right, you realize that a Code can't be forced on a person, but is granted upon requesting power.
Just like Lelouch said to C.C in the end. That everything from the moment he was granted with geass was his responsability.
Mao made a choise to accept the geass, it's a gamble in a sense; getting something with out knowing full consequences. It's his choise, and his fail.
Also, very nice people tend to say that everything is their fault when something goes wrong.

My opinion is that c.c. did some mistakes with Mao, but Mao did some mistakes too and is also at fault. And what happened to mao before his encounter with c.c. is not c.c.'s fault. Maybe he would have died if she hasn't helped him at that time.
Old 2008-10-23, 11:15   Link #492
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Also, very nice people tend to say that everything is their fault when something goes wrong.

My opinion is that c.c. did some mistakes with Mao, but Mao did some mistakes too and is also at fault. And what happened to mao before his encounter with c.c. is not c.c.'s fault. Maybe he would have died if she hasn't helped him at that time.
WEll CC met Mao as a Kid so this argument doesn't work.
Although i would agree maybe he would have died.
But that's just grasping at straws.
CC made a lot of mistakes but she didn't own up to it at that point.
Instead she ran away from her problems and abandon Mao.
It wasn't until her problems finally caught up to her that she did something.
Which She killed him.
Again not really accepting responsibility instead running away.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 11:24   Link #493
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
WEll CC met Mao as a Kid so this argument doesn't work.
Although i would agree maybe he would have died.
What argument? That he did some mistakes? I was not talking about when Mao was a kid.

Quote:
But that's just grasping at straws.
And some people here should stop to use that sentence or you will just don't get any reply, at least from me.
Old 2008-10-23, 11:32   Link #494
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
What argument? That he did some mistakes? I was not talking about when Mao was a kid.

And some people here should stop to use that sentence or you will just don't get any reply, at least from me.

It was happen to mao Before his encounter with CC.

I mis interpreted you But we don't know what he did in his in between time.
He could have been mother teresa (highly doubtful) for all we know.
What we know CC raised him up as child.
She was his Mother for all intents and purposes.
Why did she do that to a poor boy?
Mao Geass was going out of Control enough that he had CC do these recording's to help him calm down.
CC didn't help get through this instead she Abandon him.
And Like i said I don't put the whole blame on CC but I put a good amount of the blame on her.
We don't know what his life would have been like if he hadn't met CC.
It could have been a lot worse.
But it could have been a lot better.

What My point is that CC was a Bitch.
People just don't want to accept the fact.
Old 2008-10-23, 11:36   Link #495
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

In my interpretation, Mao reminded C.C. of herself when she was picked up by that nun. C.C.'s mistake was that she presumed Mao would feel better and live a better life if she gave Mao a Geass. Then it's a given that C.C.'s ulterior motive was similar to the nun who used her as a means to die.

C.C. probably realized along the way that she was just going to repeat what the nun she knew did to her before. So she ran away from Mao before she could transfer the code and make him kill her.

Still, I wonder what C.C's problem was. After transferring the code, she could've just commited suicide. But maybe it was her conscience again, that she couldn't let Mao live to be immortal without knowing the truth about her actions. Maybe she felt she couldn't leave Mao the burden of guilt. She was probably afraid that he would think it was all his fault.

It's not like we should blame C.C. though. Her life as an immortal was horrible. Wanting to die yet couldn't. It's just natural for her to look for someone that could grant her her deathwish. Yet in the end, her kindness became her weakness.
Old 2008-10-23, 11:39   Link #496
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:

It was happen to mao Before his encounter with CC.

I mis interpreted you But we don't know what he did in his in between time.
He could have been mother teresa (highly doubtful) for all we know.
What we know CC raised him up as child.
She was his Mother for all intents and purposes.
Why did she do that to a poor boy?
Mao Geass was going out of Control enough that he had CC do these recording's to help him calm down.
CC didn't help get through this instead she Abandon him.
And Like i said I don't put the whole blame on CC but I put a good amount of the blame on her.
We don't know what his life would have been like if he hadn't met CC.
It could have been a lot worse.
But it could have been a lot better.

Come on, C.C. was probably executed, tortured, raped more times than we can imagine. And she couldn't die. Can you blame her for being a bitch? I actually think she's lucky to remain sane after all she's gone through.
Old 2008-10-23, 11:41   Link #497
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

What kind of comment is that. Don't know if I should laugh or ignore. I will just ignore the next messages.

Quote:
In my interpretation, Mao reminded C.C. of herself when she was picked up by that nun. C.C.'s mistake was that she presumed Mao would feel better and live a better life if she gave Mao a Geass. Then it's a given that C.C.'s ulterior motive was similar to the nun who used her as a means to die.

C.C. probably realized along the way that she was just going to repeat what the nun she knew did to her before. So she ran away from Mao before she could transfer the code and make him kill her.

Still, I wonder what C.C's problem was. After transferring the code, she could've just commited suicide. But maybe it was her conscience again, that she couldn't let Mao live to be immortal without knowing the truth about her actions. Maybe she felt she couldn't leave Mao the burden of guilt. She was probably afraid that he would think it was all his fault.

It's not like we should blame C.C. though. Her life as an immortal was horrible. Wanting to die yet couldn't. It's just natural for her to look for someone that could grant her her deathwish. Yet in the end, her kindness became her weakness.
That was the point of a lot of people. At least, she didn't turn crazy like the nun, that shows how strong she is. But as a human being despite her immortality, she had her moments of despair, and so, did some mistakes.
Old 2008-10-23, 11:46   Link #498
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Come on, C.C. was probably executed, tortured, raped more times than we can imagine. And she couldn't die. Can you blame her for being a bitch? I actually think she's lucky to remain sane after all she's gone through.
To be honest we have no idea what CC been through she probably went through tons of Hardships but she Put the world in huge shit whole with Geass she could have ended her life pretty easy several times.

She gave lelouch look what he did, he massacred people. (albiet he did more than that.)
She needs to bare the responsibility of her actions as well.
Of course i can still call her a bitch.
If i was mistreated as a child was in child abuse and raped as a kid.
Metally distraught but i Killed someone.
I would still be a murderer. Just one that has a reasons for being the way they are.
A good example of this Would be Rolo.
Rolo was a Victim of Circumstance.
Rolo is still a murderer even though he was train to be this way.
Do i feel bad for him? sure.
That doesn't change the fact he Murdered Shirley.
Old 2008-10-23, 11:57   Link #499
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
To be honest we have no idea what CC been through she probably went through tons of Hardships but she Put the world in huge shit whole with Geass she could have ended her life pretty easy several times.

She gave lelouch look what he did, he massacred people. (albiet he did more than that.)
She needs to bare the responsibility of her actions as well.
Of course i can still call her a bitch.
If i was mistreated as a child was in child abuse and raped as a kid.
Metally distraught but i Killed someone.
I would still be a murderer. Just one that has a reasons for being the way they are.
A good example of this Would be Rolo.
Rolo was a Victim of Circumstance.
Rolo is still a murderer even though he was train to be this way.
Do i feel bad for him? sure.
That doesn't change the fact he Murdered Shirley.
Yeah, I agree, Lelouch himself was a victim of circumstance. But if CC got herself killed before arriving in Britannia or before meeting Lelouch, then Code Geass as we know it would never have existed.
Old 2008-10-23, 12:02   Link #500
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Yeah, I agree, Lelouch himself was a victim of circumstance. But if CC got herself killed before arriving in Britannia or before meeting Lelouch, then Code Geass as we know it would never have existed.
of course XD.
I think we just need to accept the characters as they are being portrayed.
It sucks because i really like Lelouch but i have to accept the fact that he was a Jackass. A cool jackass but in the end a jackass even still.