AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Extra Episode (Tomoyo Chapter) Rating
Perfect 10 161 54.03%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 83 27.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 9.06%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 4.36%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 1.68%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.01%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.34%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.34%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.34%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-19, 22:06   Link #121
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiyakikung View Post
Agree!Tomoyo route is full of physical interaction between Tomoya/yo.
Sometimes,I don't like it.Tomoya looked very perverted.In contrast,Nagisa route especially after story is full of impressive dialogues that can make me cry.
I found both really touching though. Tomoya's personality does have quite a big contrast between the two routes, but I think it is due to the personality of the girls as well. Tomoyo's aggressive and Nagisa's shyness is portrayed onto Tomoya.
Old 2008-07-20, 00:25   Link #122
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

I am so damn sleepy right now, but here's one line I just couldn't let pass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
For those who say that this could be better as a 2-3 episodes OVA, I must disagree.
Sorry la, but when you know both worlds, you tend to pick the better. In this case, the game did better overall. You'd only think otherwise coz you haven't seen the big picture. They didn't just miss some minor details, but LOTS of minor details -- and these things tend to add up in the end. No la, this route could've been 10x better if they gave it more airtime.

But believe me, this one's got nothing on After Story. Nothing, I tell ya. Nothing at all.

And to Tomoyo's and her arc's / Tomoyo After's popularity? I have always believed that her route's popularity among Japanese VN fans is largely because her route is the closest thing to H in the original game. Also part of the reason why TA was chosen as the semi-sequel to Clannad, giving its H-game status a somewhat natural feel.

I also think Key might have had plans on making a Kyou After, but got scrapped and was never announced. My idea taken from this extremely rare poster on Key's studio:
Spoiler for saving space:

As for ANA... the melody's good. Just don't mind the lyrics. TIP: don't think of the lyrics as English words. Think of them as some odd alien language.
Old 2008-07-20, 00:37   Link #123
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Eh... no, he didn't.
Ack, the also is suppose to be almost. Must have been really tired when i wrote that. Thanks.
Old 2008-07-20, 00:37   Link #124
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
As for ANA... the melody's good. Just don't mind the lyrics. TIP: don't think of the lyrics as English words. Think of them as some odd alien language. :p
You probably said the exact words I have been (unsuccessfully) trying to find about how to regard those lyrics. And yes, our subs are EXACTLY as they appeared in the CD's liner notes.

I've heard elsewhere that a lot of Engrish isn't real English, but used much the same way Japanese ideograms/script might be used in America, as little more than decoration. Sure it looks and sounds cool to the person who can't read it, but it can look like a complete mishmash of words who can, often to comic effect. I mean, without it, we wouldn't have engrish.com. ;)

velocity7 and I have frequently said that this song is REALLY hard to listen to if you're trying to listen for real meaning in the song. Yes, it parses (to a degree), but the meter is way off for English singing, plus as others have observed, it seems to ramble aimlessly, lacking anything resembling coherency.

So take it for what it is: little more than decoration.

--Ian.
Old 2008-07-20, 01:21   Link #125
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Quote:
Everything on that poster is so out of character for Kyou, hence why I think it may be related to something like Tomoyo After...
Well, I think this is only a rare poster and nothing more.

If someone interested in Ana's lyrics, then :
Spoiler for click:
Old 2008-07-20, 02:04   Link #126
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
@Ice Block: That's true. However, I that's true for everything. I'm a harsh analyst for anime, and I can see no way that the episode can do any better. If the director can achieve that for people who haven't watched/played/read the original adaptation, then that deserves maximum points in my book. It's just a simple question of what came first for all of us. This is similar to how I think Love Hina is very good because I haven't read the manga, but let's not go into taht.

Ana was great. Like others, I've never tried to understand the lyrics. All I cared about was its melody was amazingly fitting for that scene.
Old 2008-07-20, 02:44   Link #127
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

God this episode was better then entire bloody series that came before.

And yes, I'm being fully serious.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-07-20, 02:52   Link #128
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littm View Post
Well, I think this is only a rare poster and nothing more.

If someone interested in Ana's lyrics, then :
Spoiler for click:
there's still always someone waiting for this. Much thanks!

Status Quo: MIA
Old 2008-07-20, 03:19   Link #129
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This episode was more enjoyable than any I've seen so far in this series. While I am a fan of Tomoyo as a character, the difference of enjoyment in this episode was caused more by by my dislike Nagisa than anything else.

I'm just sad that they phased out the classroom kiss, damn them!

Now to wait for AS... which I hope will be better.
Old 2008-07-20, 09:22   Link #130
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
People don't like Nagisa?

Now, I don't consider her my favorite character, but to dislike her... >_>

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2008-07-20, 11:16   Link #131
DunRz

^ It might be.

Anyways,this special episode is great.I almost cried in the last scene when Tomoya and Tomoyo were hugging and Also the part when Sunohara dye his hair was damn xD. Lol
.I guess that's one of the most touching episode i've ever watch but i kinda feel that i'm used to Nagisa being with Tomoya.I mean i'm not saying that i don't like Tomoyo.I like Tomoya X Tomoyo and Tomoya and Nagisa pairing equally ( + Tomoya X Kyou ).

Anyhow,i give this episode 9/10 because it went too fast but i enjoyed watching it. (+ The guy with glasses is HOT)

Last edited by DunRz; 2008-07-20 at 11:35.
Old 2008-07-20, 11:33   Link #132
S0ulz
T_T 5cm more to kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunRz View Post
^ It might be.

Anyways,this special episode is great.I almost cried in the last scene when Tomoya and Tomoyo were hugging and Also the part when Sunohara dye his hair was damn xD. Lol
.I guess that's nne of the most touching episode i've ever watch but i kinda feel that i'm used to Nagisa being with Tomoya.I mean i'm not saying that i don't like Tomoyo.I like Tomoya X Tomoyo and Tomoya and Nagisa pairing equally ( + Tomoya X Kyou ).

Anyhow,i give this episode 9/10 because it went too fast but i enjoyed watching it. (+ The guy with glasses is HOT)
but because of that guy Tomoya and Tomoyo never kiss each other
Old 2008-07-20, 12:46   Link #133
DunRz

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ulz View Post
but because of that guy Tomoya and Tomoyo never kiss each other
Well at least in the last scene they hugged which is really sweet.I got pissed too when that guy interfere their kissing moment but i guess it's for her own good because if she keeps hanging around with Tomoya a lot she wouldn't save the Sakura trees i think. Too bad the guy with glasses (Don't know his name) isn't very popular.*

Last edited by DunRz; 2008-07-22 at 08:30.
Old 2008-07-20, 13:23   Link #134
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana
The place is a lofty lord. can't meet nobody put on.
Still, there is still the place. far away. far away.
Brings a tear to my eye. I've always been searching for somebody to put on

I would like to see 1-2 episodes in AS dedicated to Kyou's and Kappei's route, though.

Spoiler for Just to be safe, nothing major (Game stuff):
Old 2008-07-20, 13:26   Link #135
Littm
ちょうど楽しみなさい
*IT Support

Looks like that they used babelfish...

Last edited by Littm; 2008-07-20 at 14:01.
Old 2008-07-20, 20:12   Link #136
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
There's still nothing that out-Engrishes the Hellsing (TV) OP.
Old 2008-07-20, 22:28   Link #137
Fate/Tsukihime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
For one storyline crammed in ONE episode, it did a good job.

I personally felt it would have gained much more as a three episode alternate storyline.

ep1: build-up until the confession
ep2: from this everyday life with the school drama until the breakup
ep3: from the break-up, through Tomoya taking on himself to graduate until the reunion.

But I'll have to do with what is done, so I won't make it a big deal.

Technical-wise, I have nothing to complain, it's Kyoto Animation standards.

As for Tomoya, I'd expect him to fight back a little harder when the vice-prez told him to fck off, but he is not Badass of The Week material. I can give him a thumb up for working by himself without the help of Tomoyo to graduate and find a place in the society.

So I gave it a 8.
I gave it 8 too. Anyone who played the game should know one episode is not enough. They're skipping those precious time that Tomoya and Tomoyo spend together (it's have a lot of dramatic and funniness things to show). I rememer near the last moment, Sunohara is going somewhere for a long time, left Tomoya alone in the town. But the anime showed his face with Tomoya at the school near the end... I can't believe in my eyes, what depressing.
But I must say the studio did an excellent job at those last scenes - the snowing street where Tomoya meet Tomoyo. Animation and graphic are really good.
Tomoyo chapter would better if they made in 3 ep as an OVA like you said.
Old 2008-07-20, 23:31   Link #138
Leo_Otaku
俺たちはリトルバスターズ!

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunRz View Post
LOL that is so great XDHe is pretty hot

As for Kyou OVa who knows maybe they will make one. I don't see how they could put Kyou's story in the AS...
Old 2008-07-21, 03:21   Link #139
Sotobrastos

Nagisa blows. I don't hate her, but goddamn is she boring.

I'd love a Kyou chapter.
Old 2008-07-21, 03:31   Link #140
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

I liked it. I haven't gotten the chance to play the game so it's nice to see this route animated. I was always curious as to how Tomoyo and Tomoya would get ultimately get together but the time constraint didnt allow for that backstory.

The animation on this episode was hit and miss somehow it felt more static compared to other Clannad eps but maybe that's just me. I look forward to the AS and any more bonus eps.