AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 37 31.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 23.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.72%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-19, 11:52   Link #161
cerrian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
There were a few good things that I liked about this episode, but there were also a lot more negative issues in contrast. I gave this episode a 5, though it probably deserves less but the sing off was its saving grace. Anyways, on with the good stuff first.

THE GOOD


1. Leon giving a damage report on the state of Frontier was damn fascinating. It added much needed details regarding the 25th fleet. A pity we did not get a military after-action report of the battle though. I would have liked to hear just how many Vajra there were, what causalities the 25th fleet suffered, and how much damage was done to the Vajra fleet.

2. Sheryl fires the first volley and declares WAR! when she deliberately mentions her and Alto's date. Thankfully Ranka doesn't cower in her shell this time and counter-attacks instead. We've waited a long time for both Sheryl and Ranka to formally acknowledge each other as romantic rivals and they did it with guns blazing in this episode.

3. The sing off was a hell of a lot of fun to watch. I enjoyed it immensely, but I twitch every time I see Ranka do that 2 thumbs up move .

4. As for Sheryl's character, the foundation was laid for some serious character development in the upcoming episodes. I look forward to what's in store for us.

5. Massive plot development which caused more questions than answers.

6. Bilrer's miclone maid and zentradi size model trains were just awesome.

THE BAD
Despite my positive comments, there are some significant issues that I have with this episode which over shadows all those positive moments.

1. A half-recap episode. Recaps are a sign that the directors and project managers dropped the ball and screwed up big time. No matter how well executed recaps are done, they are still nothing more than an attempt to buy production time for later episodes because management failed to properly pace their development and manage their time. Instead of getting new animation, dialoge, and sound effects, we were treated to a regurgitation of scenes we've seen and heard already.

2. There was very little closure to the fleet engagement. Leon's damage report was all we got and even then that just focused on the damage to the mainland. What happened to NUNS? What about the Vajra? There's not even a tear shed or a goodbye mentioned for Raramia. It sucks how in one episode they can shine the spotlight on NUNS pilots for all of 10 secs and make them feel alive and significant, but in the next episode say nary a word and cut them back down to cannon fodder status. We could've done without the recap and had more focus on the battle aftermath instead.

3. What a waste of "Welcome to My Fan Club". Compared to Sheryl's other insert songs in ep. 1 concert with a badass fight sequence and those of the emotional Goodbye concert, we were shafted with recaps.

4. They resolved the Sheryl and Grace reunion issue by avoiding it completely. I feel that they coped out of addressing this important issue by giving up a brief sentence on how Grace survived and then moved on.

5. As usual, Alto recieves virtually no character development. Episode 14 failed to develop Alto as a pilot and this episode failed to develop Alto as the third wheel to the triangle.

6. (minor issue) Ranka's version of DC doesn't hold up very well. I think they should have just gone with an instrumental version of it instead or stayed with May'n version.
cerrian is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 11:53   Link #162
Terra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: UK
Age: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Why did they pretend Galaxy was attacked and then hide it? Other than keeping Fairy 9 on Frontier, there's no reason I can think of. No plausible reason anyway. And why go to all that trouble just to keep their stupid pet on Frontier? Because their pilots aren't cybernetically augemented? What is this, Solty Rei where a knee replacement can turn you into a zombie? How is that supposed to make any difference?
They seem to be trying to create more hostility between Frontier and the Vajra. The loss of Galaxy is the first step to upping that hate. Plus it makes the attack on Frontier look less focused on one specific emigration fleet and more a general attack on humanity as a whole. If only Frontier was being targeted it would look suspicious. But the closest fleet to them also being attacked makes them look for the wrong reasons behind this.
__________________
Terra is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 12:09   Link #163
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I'm really hating the SMS. Half a dozen people ruining all their calculations and plans! Whatever shall they do? More wanked elitist bullcrap.
Well, they're only heroes twenty-eight percent of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I don't care about the love triangle, but that's all they're serving. And what the hell is up with Alto calling Ranka beautiful? Is that something he would say? Hell, is that something any guy without obvious intentions would say? Unless he's gay...(probably is).
Given the face that Q1 was in the middle of pulling, I thought that it was rather tongue in cheek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
It's total bull they've weaseled Fairy 9 into their lame conspiracy. What, you have to have some mystical, magical, fantastic, origin story to have a place in a Macross storyline? Can't she just be a character with her own ambitions, her own goals, for her life? Nope, for Fairy 9 her entire universe revolves around being told what to do and Alto.
Well, Q1 has a magical mystical origin as well. But that doesn't mean that they both don't have their own ambitions and goals in life.

Even if F9 was supposed to give those concerts, she still enjoys singing and writing songs of her own volition. Even the sing off that she started indicates this. The decision to attend school and learn to fly was her own decision as well.

If there's one thing that F9 is terrible at, it's following orders. Poor Grace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Now, will Ranka follow through with their plan to use her? I'll lose all respect for her character if she let's herself be used like Fairy 9 did, especially after her apparently empathic experience with them on their mothership. Unless it's that stupid amensia of hers acting up again that makes her forget all traumatic experiences. When are they going to stop using that lame excuse?

I really hope she doesn't do it. It'd do nothing but good for her character.
Well, Q1 doesn't really have much of a choice, because she's acting on government orders, and given that they're probably pulling the strings on her career as well (where did that Galia feed come from?) But don't worry; I'm sure F9 will help bust her out of Grace's clutches soon enough.
__________________
Swampstorm is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 12:20   Link #164
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Well, Q1 doesn't really have much of a choice, because she's acting on government orders, and they're probably pulling the strings on her career as well. But don't worry; I'm sure F9 will help bust her out of Grace's clutches soon enough.
They always have a choice. The military couldn't stop nor control Nekki Basara from singing.

Hopefully Mr. Birla has Ex-gear song converters and sound boosters for Sheryl and Ranka.

YF-24 Fairy custom for Sheryl Nome.
ReddyRedWolf is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 12:25   Link #165
ani_d
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I don't care about the love triangle, but that's all they're serving. And what the hell is up with Alto calling Ranka beautiful? Is that something he would say? Hell, is that something any guy without obvious intentions would say? Unless he's gay...(probably is).
Isn't that nice? Alto finally saw Ranka as beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84
Now, will Ranka follow through with their plan to use her? I'll lose all respect for her character if she let's herself be used like Fairy 9 did, especially after her apparently empathic experience with them on their mothership. Unless it's that stupid amensia of hers acting up again that makes her forget all traumatic experiences. When are they going to stop using that lame excuse?

I really hope she doesn't do it. It'd do nothing but good for her character.
She might do it if Ozma gets killed by the Vajra. We'll see her struggle about it next episode. Anyway, whether she does it or not, I'm pretty sure she's going to clean up her mess later on.
__________________
ani_d is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 12:29   Link #166
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
2. There was very little closure to the fleet engagement. Leon's damage report was all we got and even then that just focused on the damage to the mainland. What happened to NUNS? What about the Vajra? There's not even a tear shed or a goodbye mentioned for Raramia. It sucks how in one episode they can shine the spotlight on NUNS pilots for all of 10 secs and make them feel alive and significant, but in the next episode say nary a word and cut them back down to cannon fodder status. We could've done without the recap and had more focus on the battle aftermath instead.
Forget Raramia. What about Luca? He was given some significant screen-time last episode and obviously had dellusions of grandeur, only to literally have them shot down. They'll probably address his character eventually, but they really should have done it this episode so we could have had that "licking their wounds" post-battle atmosphere. Sadly all we got was an old man smoking a cigar and an eye-catch of Chibi-Klan (not choked up the least bit over her dead squadmate) harassing Michael in his hospital bed, and he didn't even participate in the battle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
They seem to be trying to create more hostility between Frontier and the Vajra. The loss of Galaxy is the first step to upping that hate. Plus it makes the attack on Frontier look less focused on one specific emigration fleet and more a general attack on humanity as a whole. If only Frontier was being targeted it would look suspicious. But the closest fleet to them also being attacked makes them look for the wrong reasons behind this.
Except they could apparently cause the Vajra to attack Frontier any time they liked. Faking their own deaths to build tensions was hardly necessary. And on second thought, maybe the point to it was to avoid getting involved in the fighting. It'd be a bad thing if Frontier came crawling to Galaxy for help and brought the Vajra down on them as well. Of course, there's no reason to assume Grace and her cohorts are that smart...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Well, they're only heroes twenty-eight percent of the time.
And they probably don't even account for five percent of Frontier's battle power.

Quote:
Given the face that Q1 was in the middle of pulling, I thought that it was rather tongue in cheek.
Then he's a moron. If he meant to mock her, he should have been obvious about it. Not say something that one only usually say as a compliment.

Quote:
Well, Q1 has a magical mystical origin as well. But that doesn't mean that they both don't have their own ambitions and goals in life.
Ranka had it first though. Fairy 9's background was slapped together to give it credence as a rival to Ranka.

Quote:
Even if F9 was supposed to give those concerts, she still enjoys singing and writing songs of her own volition. Even the sing off that she started indicates this. The decision to attend school and learn to fly was her own decision as well.
I think it's obvious at this point that episode five was a fluke, and should be completely disregarded when trying to gain perspective Fairy 9's supposed character. As for "flying" that's just more crap they're slapping together for the sake of expanding Fairy 9's role in the story.

Quote:
If there's one thing that F9 is terrible at, it's following orders. Poor Grace.
You're giving it way too much credit. Fairy 9 has been the government's lapdog ever since it supposedly lost it's house to a space terminte infestation. Hell, it's quite clear that Fairy 9 has been doing basically what it's always been meant to do with the only deviations from it's character occuring when Alto was concerned.

Quote:
Well, Q1 doesn't really have much of a choice, because she's acting on government orders, and given that they're probably pulling the strings on her career as well (where did that Galia feed come from?) But don't worry; I'm sure F9 will help bust her out of Grace's clutches soon enough.
Ranka doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to and her friends and family would support her. That's all that's important, so long as she remembers it.

Last edited by Wesley84; 2008-07-19 at 12:40.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 12:43   Link #167
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
How come nobody's suspicious of Grace surviving a planet destroying weapon?
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 12:47   Link #168
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How come nobody's suspicious of Grace surviving a planet destroying weapon?
Bresra "saved" her. Yes, it's bullcrap, but that's the explanation that Fairy 9's bought into. Personally I was hoping she'd just admit to having a backup body. There doesn't seem to be a reason not to have done so.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 12:50   Link #169
ickem
シェリルの為に!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How come nobody's suspicious of Grace surviving a planet destroying weapon?
Because her story is that Brera was the Galaxy survivor on Gallia IV that rumors were talking about. Sheryl mentions how if it hadn't been for him she would never have gotten to see Grace again. The only people who find this suspicious are Grace, Ozma and a few of the other SMS people. Although I doubt they suspect Grace of anything.
ickem is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 12:57   Link #170
cerrian
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
btw, "Fariy-9" != Sheryl.

"Fairy-9" is the codename for Operation Carnival which started with Sheryl's galaxy tour.
cerrian is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 13:01   Link #171
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Then he's a moron. If he meant to mock her, he should have been obvious about it. Not say something that one only usually say as a compliment.
It was pretty obvious, especially if you've gotten used to Skull 4's dry wit. If he spelt it out for you, then he would come across as insulting, rather than ironic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Ranka had it first though. Fairy 9's background was slapped together to give it credence as a rival to Ranka.

I think it's obvious at this point that episode five was a fluke, and should be completely disregarded when trying to gain perspective Fairy 9's supposed character. As for "flying" that's just more crap they're slapping together for the sake of expanding Fairy 9's role in the story.
I can't speak for the intentions of the authors, so such things don't seem apparent to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
You're giving it way too much credit. Fairy 9 has been the government's lapdog ever since it supposedly lost it's house to a space terminte infestation. Hell, it's quite clear that Fairy 9 has been doing basically what it's always been meant to do with the only deviations from it's character occuring when Alto was concerned.
Well, ever since F9 lost her home to the termites, she's been given the opportunity to expand her interests outside of being a songstress. While Skull 4 was a catalyst for this, it still doesn't change the fact that she still does whatever she decides to do, and the best Grace can do is try to hang on for the ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Ranka doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to and her friends and family would support her. That's all that's important, so long as she remembers it.
Well, right now Q1 thinks that she's acting for the benefit of the people, in much the same way F9 did. So as long as she's decieved by that illusion, there's not much she can do about it. But she's got good friends in F9 and Skull 4, so as long as they're there for her, she has nothing to worry about.
__________________

Last edited by Swampstorm; 2008-07-19 at 13:12. Reason: sigh
Swampstorm is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 13:15   Link #172
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
This episode was actually quite interesting. It felt like a bit of a recap episode, but it still managed to severely further plot.
Hmm... Plus this episode had some rewarding moments. In what other episode could you see Sheryl song-seducing poor Alto until the point that Ranka has to step in because of her own interests? Oh, and thank goodness there's another guy in Ranka's life. He can go all the way around to home base with her questionable hairstyle that could probably flap its wings and fly her around if it wanted to. Maybe that's why Alto is torn between Sheryl and Ranka... Sheryl is a pilot now, and Ranka has wings. xD

Anyhow... This is starting to feel like Starwars Episode IV when Luke Skywalker, and Obi-Wan Kenobi are aboard the Mellennium Falcon on their way to Alderaan. Someone's got a baaaaad feeling about this! <_<
__________________
Traece is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 13:15   Link #173
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
It was pretty obvious, if especially you've gotten used to Skull 4's dry wit. If he spelt it out for you, then he would come across as insulting, rather than ironic.
He's hardly Flying Circus material, that's for sure.

Quote:
Well, ever since F9 lost her home to the termites, she's been given the opportunity to expand her interests outside of being a songstress. While Skull 4 was a catalyst for this, it still doesn't change the fact that she still does whatever she decides to do, and the best Grace can do is try to hang on for the ride.
Again, too much credit. Grace has expressed smug delight at how predictable Fairy 9 is. Makes you wonder if Fairy 9's character is a matter of conditioning rather than a product of a natural, but harsh and lonely enviroment as is supposedly the case. Fairy 9 may not be as natural as it likes to claim itself to be.

Quote:
Well, right now Q1 thinks that she's acting for the benefit of the people, in much the same way F9 did. So as long as she's decieved by that illusion, there's not much she can do about it. But she's got good friends in F9 and Skull 4, so as long as they're there for her, she has nothing to worry about.
Benefit of which people though. Even without her Stockholm experience, would she really be alright with using her voice to subdue an alien race in order to make them easy pickings for Itano Circuses?

And she's NOT friends with Fairy 9 for the last time.

Quote:
"Get thee to a nunnery!"
It's unfortunate, but at this rate Fairy 9 will be macroed to match it's ego and replace the dead Pixie.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 13:27   Link #174
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Again, too much credit. Grace has expressed smug delight at how predictable Fairy 9 is. Makes you wonder if Fairy 9's character is a matter of conditioning rather than a product of a natural, but harsh and lonely enviroment as is supposedly the case. Fairy 9 may not be as natural as it likes to claim itself to be.
Well, as much as Grace would like to pretend that everything was "Just as planned", F9 still managed to surprise her. I wouldn't be surprised if underestimating F9's willpower turns out to be Grace's undoing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Benefit of which people though. Even without her Stockholm experience, would she really be alright with using her voice to subdue an alien race in order to make them easy pickings for Itano Circuses?
People can be lead to do all sorts of things if you convince them that it's for the greater good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
And she's NOT friends with Fairy 9 for the last time.
Oh, but she is. You could see it from the sing off; F9 and Q1 may be rivals, but when they let their inner feelings come out, they really are good friends. Fun times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
It's unfortunate, but at this rate Fairy 9 will be macroed to match it's ego and replace the dead Pixie.
What does that have to do with Hamlet?
__________________
Swampstorm is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 13:33   Link #175
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
o_o;
Anyone else feel oddly reminded of Mr. Rogers in the last scene before the credits of this episode? I can't help but feel like the Boss is a very Mr. Rogers-esque individual. He seemed like a really nice and extremely carefree individual. The kind of guy you shoo your kids off to for the day. The kind of guy you give your pets to when you go on vacation! The sort of man that is the complete opposite of the old pedophile in Family Guy! Though the highly attractive maid is a bit, suspicious...
__________________
Traece is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 13:36   Link #176
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Well, as much as Grace would like to pretend that everything was "Just as planned", Sheryl still managed to surprise her. I wouldn't be surprised if underestimating F9's willpower turns out to be Grace's undoing.
Yeah, it's pretty much a given that Fairy 9 will be it's maker's undoing. Doesn't change the fact that up til now it basically did everything it was meant to do.

Quote:
People can be lead to do all sorts of things if you convince them that it's for the greater good.
Which is why alot is riding on how Ranka conducts herself in the next episode.

Quote:
Oh, but she is. You could see it from the sing off; F9 and Q1 may be rivals, but when they let their inner feelings come out, they really are good friends. Fun times.
I actually skipped that part to spare myself from foaming at the mouth. I'm sure it was meant to convey a sensible and friendly rivalry between the two, but it doesn't change the fact that they were not friends before that scene. That they would eventually be made out to be is a given, just as it's a given that Fairy 9's character will matter somehow in the great scheme of things simply because the writer's want it to.

Quote:
What does that have to do with Hamlet?
I was actually alluding to the Sound of Music in that quote, since my mother picked it up on DVD a little while before that episode came out. You know, singing, humbling thyself before God, something Fairy 9 both likes and needs to do respectively...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Though the highly attractive maid is a bit, suspicious...
Aside from the fact she could probably kill you ten times before you hit the ground, there's nothing at all unusual about an attractive maid in an anime.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 13:42   Link #177
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Bresra "saved" her. Yes, it's bullcrap, but that's the explanation that Fairy 9's bought into.
So... They were out joyriding in his plane when it went off? (Wait... That one's actually fairly plausible. She is and attractive woman.) And nobody noticed that she wasn't in his plane when he landed on Frontier?

Quote:
Personally I was hoping she'd just admit to having a backup body. There doesn't seem to be a reason not to have done so.
Considering Frontier's views on cyborgs, that might not be such a great idea. And depending on what kind of preparation it takes to transfer consciousness, it might lead to awkward questions.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 13:42   Link #178
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
o_o;
Though the highly attractive maid is a bit, suspicious...
Just the maid? What? You don't find his entire house suspicious!?

I mean, cmon now, he specifically have those toys made that is slightly smaller in size than a human being, but big enough to be compared to one, and wire himself in a room as if he was a god of some sort. His first impression to me is freaky, no matter how nice he is

- Tak
__________________
Come join the fun, you know you want to!

World of Tanks/Planes: Tankers, Pilots, Sailors! JOIN US!!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 13:49   Link #179
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool?
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Yeah, it's pretty much a given that Fairy 9 will be it's maker's undoing. Doesn't change the fact that up til now it basically did everything it was meant to do.
Including going down with Galia 4, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
Which is why alot is riding on how Ranka conducts herself in the next episode.
Well, Q1 hasn't had her first live yet. It's probably a bit too early in the plot for her to ditch her new promotions team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
I actually skipped that part to spare myself from foaming at the mouth. I'm sure it was meant to convey a sensible and friendly rivalry between the two, but it doesn't change the fact that they were not friends before that scene. That they would eventually be made out to be is a given, just as it's a given that Fairy 9's character will matter somehow in the great scheme of things simply because the writer's want it to.
Well, don't characters only matter because the writers want them to? That seems to be a bit of a tautology.

You're missing out, though. I was initially thrown off by the sing off when it started, but I couldn't help but enjoy it in spite of myself. Once you start watching it, you really won't be able to stop. I've past my 20th time, now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
You know, singing, humbling thyself before God, something Fairy 9 both likes and needs to do respectively...
Well, that's a matter of religious preference.

That being said, the Hamlet undertones that I got from it were entertaining, even if unintentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
Though the highly attractive maid is a bit, suspicious...
When you're that wealthy and powerful, the obvious thing to do is to fill your house with train sets and maids who pop out of the floor.
__________________
Swampstorm is offline  
Old 2008-07-19, 14:29   Link #180
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Including going down with Galia 4, of course.
That was Alto's fault. She would have died in bed if he hadn't gone missing like that. See, it's the Alto factor. He just makes Fairy 9 act all out of sorts for some reason.

Quote:
Well, Q1 hasn't had her first live yet. It's probably a bit too early in the plot for her to ditch her new promotions team.
If she embraced the whole sale slaughter of her enemies, she might come out of it looking cool.

Quote:
Well, don't characters only matter because the writers want them to? That seems to be a bit of a tautology.
It just seems to me that Sheryl's character wasn't really hammered out when they started this show, same for the show itself really, and they've been kind of winging it without really thinking things through. It really seems to me they're just trying to cover their asses and it's a very sad thing to think.

Quote:
Well, that's a matter of religious preference.
Well, any major religion, except Budism, would probably help Sheryl alot.

Quote:
That being said, the Hamlet undertones that I got from it were entertaining, even if unintentional.
You're referencing Hamlet came out of left field and hit me square in the face.
Wesley84 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.