AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-05-18, 21:28   Link #281
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
So a manga can't be a doujin?
Doujin either a parody of a manga or anime, if im not mistaken. They can also be original work but a shorter one.
I don't know what's your point.
__________________
formerly rave_master16
Haru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 21:58   Link #282
Kaisos Erranon
Homo Ludens
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Has any doujin ever gotten an anime?
Higurashi and Umineko did. But they're special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Doujin either a parody of a manga or anime, if im not mistaken.
You're mistaken. A doujin, or doujinshi, is any work that is published directly by its creators, without going through a bigger company. It literally means something along the line of "self-publication".
__________________
Kaisos Erranon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 23:39   Link #283
Darknemo2000
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lithuania
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Doujin either a parody of a manga or anime, if im not mistaken. They can also be original work but a shorter one.
I don't know what's your point.
No, its not a parady. A lot of people assume that doujin is a parody and sex related, but in fact doujin is just a self-release. Meaning that the creators are themselves releasing their works.

So it could be long, original story without any sex just like a real manga and would still be a doujin because it is self-published.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 00:22   Link #284
Proto
Knowledge is the solution
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: U. of Pittsburgh, Previously in Mexico City.
Age: 29
Quote:
Higurashi and Umineko did. But they're special.
Indeed. Before them, Tsukihime was the first Doujin to get an Anime form.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 00:29   Link #285
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Ok my bad.
__________________
formerly rave_master16
Haru~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 07:15   Link #286
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Maybe a Movie will fit the important parts or a 1 cour anime series. I just wish it will not be ruined by the studios (like Mayoi Neko Overrun).
AT-X , the one which broadcasts uncensored Ichiban Daimou and Kiss X Sis might broadcast this. Let's just see if it will come true.
This would be a great one cour series. They just have to stick to the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You're mistaken. A doujin, or doujinshi, is any work that is published directly by its creators, without going through a bigger company. It literally means something along the line of "self-publication".
This was published though. I think it's referred to as a doujin because the author and illustrator did not have any help and maybe the publisher gave him total control over it and just published what they submitted.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 07:44   Link #287
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
This was published though. I think it's referred to as a doujin because the author and illustrator did not have any help and maybe the publisher gave him total control over it and just published what they submitted.
I'm pretty sure it was never published officially.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-23, 05:39   Link #288
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
Just finished reading the story. This is definitely one of my favorite mangas now
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 21:03   Link #289
mike.
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Age: 23
Of the few I've read, I really enjoyed this manga. I think it's excellent.

I really commend the author, too, because I know he could have done essential the same story using a different plot element, but he took a risk and used masturbation. He was forced to have a good story or else it would flop under the taboo of the topic, and he did not fail to deliver.

Along with that risk also came a strong hook, because honestly, the only reason I chose to read this was that as I skimmed across its description, I thought, "damn, masturbation, I want to see how this will play out," and was pleasantly surprised. Once I started, I couldn't stop, and those three straight hours of reading became a wild ride of emotions ending with a satisfied grin on my face.
mike. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 10:27   Link #290
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Our numbers continue to grow...
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 11:14   Link #291
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dollars
It's a good manga, so it's not surpirsing that our numbers will grew...

But there are some people who won't start reading this manga because of the title >.< (just like my friends ) Pity them, it's a good manga and they're going to miss it just because of it >_>
__________________
その光りは、単なる一筋の光りではない。人類の希望を繋いだ。


Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 13:27   Link #292
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
But there are some people who won't start reading this manga because of the title >.< (just like my friends ) Pity them, it's a good manga and they're going to miss it just because of it >_>
Your friend's is not the only one. I was disgusted when i first heard about it only after i try reading it did i became a fan.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-07, 09:13   Link #293
TidusBlade
西瓜の騎士
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Melon Island
Not big on manga myself although this one changed my opinion a bit. Also picked it up after reading the "highly interesting" description and couldn't believe that it did not have an ecchi/hentai plot. It's rare to find something with such a good story while being centred around a theme like masturbation.

Once I read the first chapter I just spent the rest of the day reading the rest xD Searched around for anything else by Ise Katsura but too bad I couldn't find anything
TidusBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 18:14   Link #294
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
Nice weird start with masturbation topic and if I didn't read all ch straight I wouldn't have gotten interested. Another good thing was no lame penis jokes. 1st time seeing a manga with this kind of art. Is this just 31 ch? I wish there were more.
__________________
Tiberium Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 20:49   Link #295
Somnus
Eh?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
It's good to see the numbers grow. Remember to read the after story people!
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 21:26   Link #296
CeDeR
forever hung over
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
I thought the ending could have been better but it was a good read nonetheless.
__________________
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 19:15   Link #297
Somnus
Eh?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
I thought the ending could have been better but it was a good read nonetheless.
Of the manga or the after story?
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 09:33   Link #298
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Nice weird start with masturbation topic and if I didn't read all ch straight I wouldn't have gotten interested. Another good thing was no lame penis jokes. 1st time seeing a manga with this kind of art. Is this just 31 ch? I wish there were more.
It is on the short side, but I think some series go on for too long and they are often ruined. It's very difficult to keep the quality up after the first major arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
It's good to see the numbers grow. Remember to read the after story people!
Yeah...I have to do that.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 05:37   Link #299
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The girl's bathroom
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
So now that HotD has an anime, all I need now is OMK to get one as well and I reckon I could just about die happy.
__________________

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 10:19   Link #300
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Your friend's is not the only one. I was disgusted when i first heard about it only after i try reading it did i became a fan.
Why do people feel disgusted by something as natural as masturbation? I don't get it.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.