AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2009-07-28, 16:39   Link #101
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Yeah , finally all people forgave him . Well , even though the people bullied Kitahara become nice its still unforgivable for whats they have done .
I guess ,its a good ending for Kitahara .
and Kurosawa x Sugawa ending .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 16:58   Link #102
ch0c0b0fr34k
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Great ending! One of those rare ones well I feel satisfied with what I've read. It was real rushed, but I could understand that, with the series being over at 30 chapters.....I wouldn't have minded it going on further, haha. Seems everyone is happy again (still can't get over the afro-dude), Sugawa was awesome. Couldn't find the end picture posted in the 3rd page, but oh well.
__________________
Signature removed by a Moderator because it was too big
ch0c0b0fr34k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 20:10   Link #103
shaolinx
Kani Fascination
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0c0b0fr34k View Post
Great ending! One of those rare ones well I feel satisfied with what I've read. It was real rushed, but I could understand that, with the series being over at 30 chapters.....I wouldn't have minded it going on further, haha. Seems everyone is happy again (still can't get over the afro-dude), Sugawa was awesome. Couldn't find the end picture posted in the 3rd page, but oh well.
boo! bad ending. wheres the blood guts and gore followed by an evil laughter? Wheres the epic-ness??
__________________
Android Simplicity: Android How Tos, Android Apps, Android USB drivers
All the Android you will never need
www.AndroidSim.net
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 22:04   Link #104
Proudleaf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
boo! bad ending. wheres the blood guts and gore followed by an evil laughter? Wheres the epic-ness??
I'm not sure if this was meant to be read as sarcasm, but I'm going to argue against it anyways.

Neither Kurosawa, nor the series itself, was ever attempting to endorse vengeance. The beginning chapters, while parodying death note and making multiple anime/2ch references, always presented the consequences of Kurosawa's exploits in a serious manner. It may have been good fun at first sight, but I felt that the series turned to something darker and much more sobering pretty quickly. The bathroom stall served as a symbol for isolation, and it was the barrier that blocked Kurosawa from human interaction. It also kept him terribly introverted, and this introversion turned to a spitefulness that he directed towards everything around him – a spitefulness that was enhanced by Kitehara and her parallels with him. It is only by meeting his first love interest, Takegawa, that Kurosawa breaks from the shell; by witnessing the shear horror that he inflicted upon her he realizes the consequences of everything that he had done beforehand, and finally decides to make a change.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-28, 23:00   Link #105
seiji_kun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Belgium, Antwerp
Age: 30
I was pleasantly surprised to see it suddenly completely translated. Last time I read it I was on chapter 12 and these last 18 chapters certainly delivered. And while you do know that they like to stuff moral lessons in mangas, I can't say I ever imagined him to redeem himself to this extent, he just didn't seem the type that would confess. (seriously, who would irl when doing a stunt like that?)

I did thougth this manga wanted to send one beautiful message, that it's never to late to redeem yourself and that human interaction is something worth working for rather then just beeing a pessimist that isolates and looks down on everybody. Kind of reminded me of the NHK in some ways, at least the message it wanted to put out.

So in short, hilarious at start but then it heads to a more serious direction which does fit the series. A pure 10/10 cause of it unique-ness. Kurosawa's progress was marvelous to follow just loved that smile of his at the end which showed his progress so well. One of the better mangas I've read in a while if not ever.
__________________
http://cdimg3.crunchyroll.com/i/spire1/d6f0e9bb51ccf01c113566a57c39cea41226394548_full.jp  g
seiji_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 00:26   Link #106
Sakuyakun
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
One of the best manga I've read for awhile. The scanlator is pretty awesome, releasing almost 1 chapter each day.
Sakuyakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-29, 01:04   Link #107
AvianWing
lol whut?
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Send a message via MSN to AvianWing
Extra chapter was pretty nice. Sugawa certainly is having a transformation of her own. I am, however, not talking about the generic transformation that all tsundere go through, but her change in maturity.
AvianWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 02:20   Link #108
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
So its the last chapter . Too bad .

Anyway , it was a good manga well sick for the fap etc ... but Kurosawa changed and you can see his development . Quite good . When he said the truth it was the best .
Well , Kurosawa x Sugawa its a good pairing after all .
"Shit , i totally missed .. Bitches .." ahah
I expected a kiss in the ends well , it was entertaining ^^

Oh seems that there is an after ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 08:24   Link #109
Tornado Riku
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
I love it! I like the story overall, from the start till the end. I didn't expect that it will be Kurosawa x Sugawa! It's a pretty good pairing after all! I learned too much and I like it a lot! This will be the one of my top and favorites! (the same level to Toradora)
Tornado Riku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 09:34   Link #110
shaolinx
Kani Fascination
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudleaf View Post
I'm not sure if this was meant to be read as sarcasm, but I'm going to argue against it anyways.

Neither Kurosawa, nor the series itself, was ever attempting to endorse vengeance. The beginning chapters, while parodying death note and making multiple anime/2ch references, always presented the consequences of Kurosawa's exploits in a serious manner. It may have been good fun at first sight, but I felt that the series turned to something darker and much more sobering pretty quickly. The bathroom stall served as a symbol for isolation, and it was the barrier that blocked Kurosawa from human interaction. It also kept him terribly introverted, and this introversion turned to a spitefulness that he directed towards everything around him – a spitefulness that was enhanced by Kitehara and her parallels with him. It is only by meeting his first love interest, Takegawa, that Kurosawa breaks from the shell; by witnessing the shear horror that he inflicted upon her he realizes the consequences of everything that he had done beforehand, and finally decides to make a change.
Ok I take it back. The ending was decent... I felt they changed him too fast that its NOT realistic at all. Who would actually believe that anyone like that would be able to confess THAT sort crime in front of everyone... Thats just suicidal.
__________________
Android Simplicity: Android How Tos, Android Apps, Android USB drivers
All the Android you will never need
www.AndroidSim.net
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 14:29   Link #111
Proudleaf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
Ok I take it back. The ending was decent... I felt they changed him too fast that its NOT realistic at all. Who would actually believe that anyone like that would be able to confess THAT sort crime in front of everyone... Thats just suicidal.
Well, it's not like his change was all that sudden. Look at the chapters where he first starts to hang out with Takegawa; the guy's face transforms from the sinister and brooding countenance to a much lighter and friendlier look. Takegawa helps change Kurosawa, just as Kurosawa eventually helps change Kitehara. There's nothing really sudden about it at all.

As for the confession, is it really all that hard to believe? He ended up inflicting a horrible crime on Takegawa, and then was suddenly overcome with utter guilt as soon as he realized what he had done. And if you remember when he saw the picture that she made, he also made a realization about himself: he wanted the relationships seen in the picture to stay – he wanted to be with everyone again. Add these two huge incentives, plus Kurosawa's own courage, and I can see why he'd want to confess.

Plus, one of the points of the manga is that a person can overcome their fears, anxieties, or social aloofness simply by taking a stand and forming relationships with other people. The whole point of the manga would be lost if Kurosawa suddenly decided not to admit his crimes.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 14:59   Link #112
shaolinx
Kani Fascination
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proudleaf View Post
Well, it's not like his change was all that sudden. Look at the chapters where he first starts to hang out with Takegawa; the guy's face transforms from the sinister and brooding countenance to a much lighter and friendlier look. Takegawa helps change Kurosawa, just as Kurosawa eventually helps change Kitehara. There's nothing really sudden about it at all.

As for the confession, is it really all that hard to believe? He ended up inflicting a horrible crime on Takegawa, and then was suddenly overcome with utter guilt as soon as he realized what he had done. And if you remember when he saw the picture that she made, he also made a realization about himself: he wanted the relationships seen in the picture to stay – he wanted to be with everyone again. Add these two huge incentives, plus Kurosawa's own courage, and I can see why he'd want to confess.

Plus, one of the points of the manga is that a person can overcome their fears, anxieties, or social aloofness simply by taking a stand and forming relationships with other people. The whole point of the manga would be lost if Kurosawa suddenly decided not to admit his crimes.
No no, the "point" of the manga, as you said(the overcoming of fears,etc), ONLY arise AFTER he started to change. Thus, if he did not confess, the theme of the manga would be the same as it was in the beginning, SO nothing would have been lost. The series would then be stuck with the whole "evil from lust/vengeance" theme. which is fairly entertaining if done right
__________________
Android Simplicity: Android How Tos, Android Apps, Android USB drivers
All the Android you will never need
www.AndroidSim.net

Last edited by shaolinx; 2009-07-30 at 15:03. Reason: grammer correction
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 16:17   Link #113
Proudleaf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: USA
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
No no, the "point" of the manga, as you said(the overcoming of fears,etc), ONLY arise AFTER he started to change. Thus, if he did not confess, the theme of the manga would be the same as it was in the beginning, SO nothing would have been lost. The series would then be stuck with the whole "evil from lust/vengeance" theme. which is fairly entertaining if done right
It's not the whole point, but it is one of the points that the manga tries to come across with its readers. Like I said in my first reply, the manga was also criticizing vengeance and the hollow satisfaction that it brings right from the beginning. There was plenty of humor involved to keep the story interesting, but there were always serious consequences for the actions of Kurosawa and Kitehara. As the story progressed and as Kurosawa became more in love with Takegawa, he became further separated from Kitehara's obsession with vengeance. Take a look at the amusement park chapters if your still not convinced.

Kurosawa's continual development just shows how dynamic his character is. If the series never questioned the reasons for seeking vengeance, then we would have never seen the real reason why Kurosawa was such an aloof individual: he simply wanted to be loved. This is good storytelling, as it shows multiple sides for both the characters and the issues the story tries to address, rather than simply going with something flat and shallow and making Kurosawa some sort of Higurashi-inspired maniac.
Proudleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 04:33   Link #114
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: huh wha-?
I love this manga, somehow. It's a got a weird premise to start off with, but that's what made me like this series in the first place, for daring to move away from the mainstream norm. The doujin-ish feeling also complemented the story told.

Also, a request for fellow readers: Can anyone who's more familiar with the series come up with a list of character guide with accompanying pictures? I realised that this manga had a lot of potential for fanfiction(mind. gutter. out.), and it'd make things easier for writers to have a clearer idea of the side characters to use.
__________________
Nya~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 04:51   Link #115
-Sho-
~Omedetô~
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Somewhere between heaven and hell !
Spoiler for After the junevile part 1:
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 05:27   Link #116
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
^ There's a sequel?

Nvm I just saw it, is this After Story in novel form? As in light novel form?
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 05:35   Link #117
Bordix
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
yeah, there is. Though its not in manga material anymore. It takes 2 years after the the school trip. Emergency exit is still translating it (currently in part 1- 75%)

here's the link http://faildoor.wordpress.com/
__________________
.
Bordix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 05:35   Link #118
Johnny
Working the bags...
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
^ There's a sequel?
It was a small little omake if you want to call it, but all text and no pics. It use to be up on http://neetsha.com, but I don't see it anymore...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 06:40   Link #119
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: huh wha-?
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Yeah , finally all people forgave him . Well , even though the people bullied Kitahara become nice its still unforgivable for whats they have done .
I guess ,its a good ending for Kitahara .
and Kurosawa x Sugawa ending .
Well, to be fair, what he did to the girls was pretty much even more unforgiveable than what they did in retaliation.

But hey, at least he made up with his first love and buried the hatchet with one of his nemisis and miraculously entered a relationship with her. Kakeru's pretty lucky in this case.
__________________

Last edited by Nya~n; 2009-08-08 at 12:31.
Nya~n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 07:40   Link #120
Mizuno
Undefined
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: With the gods
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I actually would have preferred they end it with the doujin. I liked the pairing despite what happened with the blonde girl was very disappointing. You can't say no to a tsundere, especially when she's like a punk.

Well hopefully the relationships remain same as it is at the end of all of this, only that there's development.

And it kind of sucks it's gone to novel format. First time I see something with graphics turn into plain text, it's usually the opposite.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
drama, romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.