AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-21, 11:17   Link #1
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Anybody know any Horrorish animes?

I finished watching Higurashi a while ago. does anyone know any other Horror animes like that? I watched this video with something from a show called school days about this girl who was cuting people up with an axe is that good?
Old 2008-07-21, 11:26   Link #2
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
I finished watching Higurashi a while ago. does anyone know any other Horror animes like that? I watched this video with something from a show called school days about this girl who was cuting people up with an axe is that good?
school days is not really a horror show , its a romance.. just.. a little bit of it is horror ( if you want to call it that..).. its based of an eroge ( i think it is right?) but the game was notorious for its horrible endings. school days.. is a hit or miss. some people found it a ' refreshing change' while some people found it downright awful. youll have to see for yourself. well, the show itself is of good quality, i found the characters developed ( even if they developed in all the wrong ways ) and the story itself is not bad.

I'm not sure what to recommend you, i havnt really seen much in this genre. I suppose I could recommend Elfen Lied to you.. but then again, it doesnt really qualify as a 'horror' show to me atleast. well, its sure worth taking a look though, watch the trailer on youtube. i get the feeling you might be interested.
Old 2008-07-21, 11:33   Link #3
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Send a message via AIM to Bad wolf Send a message via MSN to Bad wolf Send a message via Yahoo to Bad wolf
Oh yeah I've seen Elfen lied. I didn't know it was horror though.
Old 2008-07-21, 11:58   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Just yesterday I replied in this thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=69010

A search of this forum for "horror" brings up over 450 threads.

There are also about half-a-dozen threads tagged with "horror":
http://forums.animesuki.com/tags.php?tag=horror

Perhaps you looked at all these available resources and still came up short?
Old 2008-07-21, 12:38   Link #5
Bad wolf
Pacifist War Lord

Oh shi- sorry
Old 2008-07-21, 19:05   Link #6
Hayaku
Ecchi go Boom 0(^.^)0

Well then, I can recommend the one that I am watching right now, which is Shingetsutan Tsukihime, even though I have only watched the first episode out of 12 total. But I liked what I saw and maybe you will too

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-07-22, 03:38   Link #7
Stargaze
Lost in the starry sky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayaku View Post
Well then, I can recommend the one that I am watching right now, which is Shingetsutan Tsukihime, even though I have only watched the first episode out of 12 total. But I liked what I saw and maybe you will too
If you like Shingetsutan Tsukihime, I must go on and suggest Kara no Kyoukai. Though you will have to be patient though, it is a total of 7 movies and only 5 have been released in the cinema. But I personally believe that this is a must see

And if you like cyberpunk type of suspense (if you count those as horror), I can also suggest, Ergo Proxy and Ghost in the shell, there are also quite suspenseful and hopefully horrorish to you

Last edited by Stargaze; 2008-07-23 at 04:25.
Old 2008-07-22, 04:35   Link #8
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

the only think i could think of is ayakashi. nt all like the kind of animation art although
Old 2008-07-23, 03:50   Link #9
tbl
Affably Evil

Gantz counts as Sci-Fi horror I guess, though the anime is terribly paced and stops at the point the manga starts to get really good.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

Old 2008-07-23, 05:03   Link #10
Arkuatic

ghost hunt; got pretty good around the vlad's episodes, gave me some chills
Old 2008-07-24, 13:06   Link #11
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
Quote:
mmm not rly horror tho ... more like advanture/vampire/fighting lol, but umm if thats wat u liked then why not try Blood+
Old 2008-07-24, 13:46   Link #12
Amray

"Jigoku Shoujo" (Hell Girl).
That is a horror anime and has some really freaky scenes and music. It is a thriller too and is really awesome to watch. It is a really clever anime and has many decent ideas. Basically someone who wants someone dead goes onto a website and types in the persons name, then Hell Girl will come and give them a doll. If the person takes off the dolls scarlet ribbon then the person they want revenge on will be banished to hell, although if they do that then they will go to hell after they die.

That is not a spoiler by the way, that is how it is on every episode and is the main plot of the anime. Each episode revolves around a different person (mostly school student) whom each have their own story, enemy and reason to kill them. The reasons are things like being bullied and such.

I loved this anime, it was amazing.
Old 2008-07-24, 16:59   Link #13
Bass07

Mermaid Forest is worth looking into. It puts a totally new spin on mermaids.
Old 2008-07-25, 18:49   Link #14
khouram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad wolf View Post
:t witch:
shudunt you put that under a spoiler because i only watched the first ep and i was gonna watch the rest.

but to answer your question try ninja scroll