AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Pairing in Code Geass R2
Lelouch Stays Single 141 13.51%
Lelouch x C.C. 678 64.94%
Lelouch x Kallen 340 32.57%
Lelouch x Millay 54 5.17%
Lelouch x Harem 121 11.59%
Suzaku Stays Single 148 14.18%
Suzaku x Nunally 60 5.75%
Lloyd x Millay 23 2.20%
Viletta x Ougi 179 17.15%
Rival x Millay 93 8.91%
Lloyd x Cecile 116 11.11%
Kanon x Nina 45 4.31%
Xing-ke x Tianzi 150 14.37%
Todou x Chiba 81 7.76%
Gino x Anya 52 4.98%
Cornelia x Guilford 142 13.60%
Zero x Kaguya 87 8.33%
Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-23, 09:42   Link #221
honeypie_0106

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
You mean the bit about knowing her Geass, and thus her true wish aka to be truely loved? Yes, definitely not romantic at all in a purely observational manner... <_<
He knows her true wish, but his statement doesn't imply that he loves her. Its not romantic at all.. Definitely.

People tend to read too much on what Lulu says, its kind of de javu all over again. For a week or so Shirley became Lulu's LI, and yet after her death Rolo still stands as a great big ally on his legendary BK - even after his confession.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:48   Link #222
honeypie_0106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The only moment that has ever exceeded this was between him and Shirley, when he managed to admit that he liked her and during her death. That was a moment that may very well have nuked both ships to hell, but you seem to be omitting that for some reason.
And this is the reason why I can't bear to watch the Shirley arc, my observative self may not like what it hears and sees.

The only saving grace I had for my ship is that there were no I LOVE YOU TOO words flying.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:49   Link #223
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeypie_0106 View Post
He knows her true wish, but his statement doesn't imply that he loves her. Its not romantic at all.. Definitely.

People tend to read too much on what Lulu says, its kind of de javu all over again. For a week or so Shirley became Lulu's LI, and yet after her death Rolo still stands as a great big ally on his legendary BK - even after his confession.
Oh yes, and him screaming that he would make it come true, that he would make her smile carried no implications whatsoever >_>

And he kind of wants to kill Rolo so I don't see the how that statement stands up against what he says <_<
Old 2008-07-23, 09:51   Link #224
Var
Banned

Quote:
Oh yes, and him screaming that he would make it come true, that he would make her smile carried no implications whatsoever >_>

And he kind of wants to kill Rolo so I don't see the how that statement stands up against what he says <_<
If we're going to say that's an implication then we must also take into account 'dying with a smile'. You can't pick and choose words as being important.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:52   Link #225
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber

@Krizmon: No implications whatsoever. meh

@White Manju Bun: Is it really "Guildford"? Isn't it "Guilford"?

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Old 2008-07-23, 09:53   Link #226
honeypie_0106

Quote:

Kind of no different from when he learned Rolo took Nunally's place.

Screaming he would make her smile is vastly different from screaming he would love her, or rather give her love.

Which, if the pairing is indeed implied, should have been atleast uttered.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:55   Link #227
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
If we're going to say that's an implication then we must also take into account 'dying with a smile'. You can't pick and choose words as being important.
I'm looking at the deeper meaning here Var, which I once again contest to mean a plead for her to live, both literally and figuratively.

Quote:
Kind of no different from when he learned Rolo took Nunally's place.

Screaming he would make her smile is vastly different from screaming he would love her, or rather give her love.

Which, if the pairing is indeed implied, should have been atleast uttered.
Uh, I think you have a misrepresentation of what the word implied means if you want him to state it outright >_>
Old 2008-07-23, 09:57   Link #228
Eliarine

...are you guys seriously trying to pretend there were no romantic feelings whatsoever in Lelouch's scream? If yes that's fine, I'll just start arguing that his screaming he'd get Kallen back didn't mean anything either.
Old 2008-07-23, 09:58   Link #229
honeypie_0106

Quote:
Uh, I think you have a misrepresentation of what the word implied means if you want him to state it outright >_>

implied

–adjective involved, indicated, or suggested without being directly or explicitly stated; tacitly understood: an implied rebuke; an implied compliment.

Is there any more misrepresentation?
Old 2008-07-23, 10:00   Link #230
honeypie_0106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
...are you guys seriously trying to pretend there were no romantic feelings whatsoever in Lelouch's scream? If yes that's fine, I'll just start arguing that his screaming he'd get Kallen back didn't mean anything either.
Yes, and of course you don't have to agree.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:02   Link #231
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
implied

–adjective involved, indicated, or suggested without being directly or explicitly stated; tacitly understood: an implied rebuke; an implied compliment.

Is there any more misrepresentation?
Well, if you're telling him to just say it outright then I don't believe that would technically fit the wording for implied as it is defined. In terms of tacitly understood, the only thing stopping that part is simply ones own interpretation which I believe was what happened in any case
Old 2008-07-23, 10:03   Link #232
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer

Lelouch x CC (or CChii, so cute <3 )
Other - Lelouch x Anya - Does this one realy need explaining?
Lloyd x Cecile - come on, look at how she looks at you, wake up man!
Old 2008-07-23, 10:04   Link #233
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Lelouch x CC: CC is the only character in the eries that completely understands Lelouch and can see all sides of him. She is also the only one he doesn't even try to hide things from; rather, she has hoodwinked him a few times. She will inevitably regain her memories since it's Code Geass, and I think the complete CC with the complete Lelouch is the most sensible paring since they know each other so well. And this last episode he basically outright said he loved her by saying he'd make her smile, i.e. grant her wish to be loved. That said, I did think Shirley was the one Lelouch would finally wake up and see the cheistry with at the end of the series... but we know how that went. >_>

Kanon X Nina: They're both weird and subordinates of Schneizel, I suppose.

Lloyd x Cecile: Need I even say anything here? The look on Cecile's face when Lloyd was laughing about his ex-fiancée says everything.

Suzaku stays alone: What Suzaku had with Euphy was beautiful and touching. It can't be replicated. That's part of what makes his character so sad right now.

Zero x Kaguya: I just find Kaguya very amusing. And it doesn't seem like CC would mind sharing Zero too much, given that conversation about Zero's "manly needs." XD

Other: Schneizel x Kanon: This was hilarious when Kanon first outright said it. And I'm sure Kanon's probably into Nina as well despite this. In fact, I bet that Schneizel throws some wild after-parties for military victories. Add SchneizelXKanonXNina to the list.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:05   Link #234
Var
Banned

Quote:
Not at all, at least not for me, the point that I am trying to make is that this event is no better than the Episode 10-11 equivalent for Kallen. Yet, it is being made out to be some grandiose moment that somehow trumps the other ones. The only one that trumped anything was the Shirley moment, for obvious reasons which I don't care to repeat for the nteenth time.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:05   Link #235
White Manju Bun
What would you know!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovensky View Post
@White Manju Bun: Is it really "Guildford"? Isn't it "Guilford"?
Fixed.

To everyone else, remember to be civil while posting.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:08   Link #236
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Lelouch has had several moments that imply he has romantic feelings for Kallen, Shirley and C.C.. All at once. He starts bringing them up as his losses in the extended preview for 16.

Edit: The point of this post is to say that Lelouch is in no way sure about any of his feelings. He simply does not fully comprehend the concept of romantic love.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2008-07-23 at 10:27.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:16   Link #237
Eliarine

Quote:
Not at all, at least not for me, the point that I am trying to make is that this event is no better than the Episode 10-11 equivalent for Kallen. Yet, it is being made out to be some grandiose moment that somehow trumps the other ones. The only one that trumped anything was the Shirley moment, for obvious reasons which I don't care to repeat for the nteenth time.
That just goes to show, again, that we all see things like we want to see them. I personally saw something "grandiose" in this interaction compared to his promise to Kallen, though of course nothing tops Shirley's death scene for now.
Old 2008-07-23, 10:24   Link #238
Var
Banned

Quote:
That just goes to show, again, that we all see things like we want to see them. I personally saw something "grandiose" in this interaction compared to his promise to Kallen, though of course nothing tops Shirley's death scene for now.
And that is why arguments start, so what exactly was the point of your original statement if all it boils down to is that we all have personal opinions? If one opinion is to be respected, then another equally possible opinion is too be at the very least humored. If one sees this as a grandiose moment that surpasses Kallen's, fine, but then if someone else sees this as a less than Kallen's, should also be fine.

And as for Krimzon, you really need to stop picking the lines that suit you best while ignoring the ones that don't...
Old 2008-07-23, 10:26   Link #239
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
And as for Krimzon, you really need to stop picking the lines that suit you best while ignoring the ones that don't...
I picked the same line as you did Var, I just came up with a different interpretation
Old 2008-07-23, 10:34   Link #240
Var
Banned

Quote:
I picked the same line as you did Var, I just came up with a different interpretation
I don't recall wording an interpretation, just a possibility for what the words used may mean. As I said, words aren't randomly chosen.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance