AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

View Poll Results: Favorite Pairing in Code Geass R2
Lelouch Stays Single 141 13.51%
Lelouch x C.C. 678 64.94%
Lelouch x Kallen 340 32.57%
Lelouch x Millay 54 5.17%
Lelouch x Harem 121 11.59%
Suzaku Stays Single 148 14.18%
Suzaku x Nunally 60 5.75%
Lloyd x Millay 23 2.20%
Viletta x Ougi 179 17.15%
Rival x Millay 93 8.91%
Lloyd x Cecile 116 11.11%
Kanon x Nina 45 4.31%
Xing-ke x Tianzi 150 14.37%
Todou x Chiba 81 7.76%
Gino x Anya 52 4.98%
Cornelia x Guilford 142 13.60%
Zero x Kaguya 87 8.33%
Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-23, 10:38   Link #241
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
I don't recall wording an interpretation, just a possibility for what the words used may mean. As I said, words aren't randomly chosen.
And I offered an alternative possibility to there meaning, and I also do not believe words are randomly chosen either because there is a context as well to accompany them. >_>
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:40   Link #242
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
And I offered an alternative possibility to there meaning, and I also do not believe words are randomly chosen either because there is a context as well to accompany them. >_>
Correct, and what is your counter to the context of death that was both occurring, alluded to, and worded in? I've been under the impression, from what you've written, that you've been pushing it off as unimportant, because you haven't been addressing it... at all.
Var is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:43   Link #243
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Correct, and what is your counter to the context of death that was both occurring, alluded to, and worded in? I've been under the impression, from what you've written, that you've been pushing it off as unimportant, because you haven't been addressing it... at all.
The context of death, as was defined in the whole episode was its rejection of it I feel, I don't avoid it, I confront and defy it just as Lelouch has
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:46   Link #244
quina
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Send a message via MSN to quina
where is Suzaku x Kallen?
__________________
quina is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:47   Link #245
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
And that is why arguments start, so what exactly was the point of your original statement if all it boils down to is that we all have personal opinions? If one opinion is to be respected, then another equally possible opinion is too be at the very least humored. If one sees this as a grandiose moment that surpasses Kallen's, fine, but then if someone else sees this as a less than Kallen's, should also be fine.
Since you're asking so nicely: the point of my original statement was to point out that I found it a bit hypocritical to claim there was nothing even remotely romantic last episode when the main "Lelouch does care for Kallen!" justification is his promise to her that he'll get her back. If you're going to read that much into a single shout you should not dismiss the other as meaningless.
Eliarine is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:47   Link #246
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
where is Suzaku x Kallen?
In the realm of impossibility.
__________________
Tokkan is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:48   Link #247
White Manju Bun
God of Calamity
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
ok I actually voted this time. Voted that both Lulu and Suza end up single in the end, however that happens. I did vote for Lloyd and Millay cuz its cute though I dont think itll happen now but again this is what your fav pairing is, not what will happen. Lloyd and Cecile is cute as well but I like Millay better. Also voted other for my Schiz/Kanon and Schiz/Lloyd love Or Schiz/Lloyd/Kanon as my all out crack pairing

Edit: As for SuzaKallen, Ill admit I still like this pairing, to me epi 15 kinda showed that Suza isnt like Zero which is why he didnt do it. Whether it would have been Kallen or any of the other girls the scene was more about Suza then the girl in the chair, it just happened to be Kallen. But again, this is just my opinion.
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:48   Link #248
quina
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
In the realm of impossibility.
Same realm as Lelouch x Kallen.
__________________
quina is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:48   Link #249
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
The context of death, as was defined in the whole episode was its rejection of it I feel, I don't avoid it, I confront and defy it just as Lelouch has
Where did you pull that from? There was only one moment of rejection of death in that episode, every other moment was about death, lies, and the inability to escape a pact.

V.V.'s pact with Charles was about never lying, but he lied and died for breaking his pact. C.C.'s pact was death, and she is dead for the time being. She rejected death, fine, but C.C. is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Since you're asking so nicely: the point of my original statement was to point out that I found it a bit hypocritical to claim there was nothing even remotely romantic last episode when the main "Lelouch does care for Kallen!" justification is his promise to her that he'll get her back. If you're going to read that much into a single shout you should not dismiss the other as meaningless.
So then we agree, but simply word things differently and disagree on things we would rightfully disagree on. Tokkan finished the thought, and expressed my views, likely, better than I can at this moment. Lasers are time consuming.
Var is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:49   Link #250
Tokkan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Australia
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Since you're asking so nicely: the point of my original statement was to point out that I found it a bit hypocritical to claim there was nothing even remotely romantic last episode when the main "Lelouch does care for Kallen!" justification is his promise to her that he'll get her back. If you're going to read that much into a single shout you should not dismiss the other as meaningless.
Var's not denying any romantic undertones, he's saying it's the same as with Kallen. He's arguing that there's blatant death flags in the way Lelouch's pleas for C.C. to live were worded. Which there are. "Die with a smile"

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Same realm as Lelouch x Kallen.
Not really, Lelouch x Kallen has had some actual development while Suzaku x Kallen has got... what? A scene on an island that established them as being well on opposite sides from each other and a torturing session that Suzaku chickened out of.
__________________

Last edited by Tokkan; 2008-07-23 at 11:00.
Tokkan is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:51   Link #251
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Where did you pull that from? There was only one moment of rejection of death in that episode, every other moment was about death, lies, and the inability to escape a pact.

V.V.'s pact with Charles was about never lying, but he lied and died for breaking his pact. C.C.'s pact was death, and she is dead for the time being. She rejected death, fine, but C.C. is gone.



So then we agree, but simply word things differently.
I pull it from Lelouch directly, his argument and defiance, along with his rescue! I have always argued that he carried the theme of severing fate, and I believe strongly that he can still do so even now. That her death was avoided at all even if her memories are gone should be what adds weight to my argument and interpretation. In fact, you could say it adds weight to my argument since its something akin to her being reborn! This was about life, about living it being loved for it, from my point of view >_>
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:53   Link #252
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by quina View Post
Same realm as Lelouch x Kallen.
nope
same realm as lelouch x table-kun
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:54   Link #253
Var
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Land of Dead Cakes!
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
I pull it from Lelouch directly, his argument and defiance, along with his rescue! That her death was avoided at all even if her memories are gone should be what adds weight to my argument and interpretation. In fact, you could say it adds weight to my argument since its something akin to her being reborn! >_>
My point is that C.C. is dead for the time being, her memories are who she is. That point was made clear by both the World of C C.C., and by the sound episode between her and Kallen.

Lelouch's argument also spoke on death, so your point falls short there. His rescue is one thing, which is fine, but he didn't rescue C.C.. Like with Kallen, he failed.

Rebirth does not just void the past, as its said, the past comes back to haunt you. This is, by and far, a perfect example of the past lingering in the background because in CG, memories and powers do not just disappear.
Var is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:56   Link #254
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Edit: As for SuzaKallen, Ill admit I still like this pairing, to me epi 15 kinda showed that Suza isnt like Zero which is why he didnt do it. Whether it would have been Kallen or any of the other girls the scene was more about Suza then the girl in the chair, it just happened to be Kallen. But again, this is just my opinion.
Why did we take the pairing off the list again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Var's not denying any romantic undertones, he's saying it's the same as with Kallen. He's arguing that there's blatant death flags in the way Lelouch's pleas for C.C. to live were worded. Which there are. "Die with a smile"
I don't see why death flags would put a definite end to any LelouchxC.C development. Shirley died, but she's still the only girl towards whom Lelouch has ever expressed romantic feelings so far
Eliarine is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 10:56   Link #255
KrimzonStriker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
My point is that C.C. is dead for the time being, her memories are who she is. That point was made clear by both the World of C C.C., and by the sound episode between her and Kallen.

Lelouch's argument also spoke on death, so your point falls short there. His rescue is one thing, which is fine, but he didn't rescue C.C.. Like with Kallen, he failed.

Rebirth does not just void the past, as its said, the past comes back to haunt you. This is, by and far, a perfect example of the past lingering in the background because in CG, memories and powers do not just disappear.
So its a struggle, that doesn't take away my side all of a sudden for if a struggle is to occur then there must be two sides to it! I acknowledged death as the adversary at the very least, but what respect for life am I getting out of you now?
__________________
"That is why we must embrace carnage. In order to not waste the blood that has already been shed, we have no choice but to shed even more."- Lelouch Vi Britannia
http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/7050/zeroty5copieie4.jpg
KrimzonStriker is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 11:03   Link #256
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
LelouchxC.C!!!
and in my mind LelouchxAnya >:] (never going to happen )
Bennyswan is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 11:03   Link #257
yangy4321
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
LL x CC FTW :3
yangy4321 is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 11:03   Link #258
Asleep
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
My point is that C.C. is dead for the time being, her memories are who she is. That point was made clear by both the World of C C.C., and by the sound episode between her and Kallen.

Lelouch's argument also spoke on death, so your point falls short there. His rescue is one thing, which is fine, but he didn't rescue C.C.. Like with Kallen, he failed.

Rebirth does not just void the past, as its said, the past comes back to haunt you. This is, by and far, a perfect example of the past lingering in the background because in CG, memories and powers do not just disappear.
Lelouch told her not to die because he would make her smile. He also rescued her, because she left the emperor and chose to live with Lelouch. And her amnesia might be temporary, while death is permanent. Death is always something final. You can always recover your memories, or form new ones, but once you are dead it's truly over.
Asleep is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 11:10   Link #259
gattei.you
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Lelouch*CC!! The death crap is a deparate attempt to sink Lelouch x C.C.'s ship, which is not gonna happen.

Kallen can go end up with Suzaku or something after joining KOR. Well.. Suzaku x Anya is cool too, but its not poll. So does Gino x Kallen.
gattei.you is offline  
Old 2008-07-23, 11:13   Link #260
Blue_Mercy
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Blue Raider Nation
Age: 28
LelouchxKallen is my favorite option till C.C. recovers her memories, unless you guys/girls are into the whole master/slave relationship of a girl with the mind of a 10 year old.
__________________
Blue_Mercy is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.