AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Pairing in Code Geass R2
Lelouch Stays Single 141 13.51%
Lelouch x C.C. 678 64.94%
Lelouch x Kallen 340 32.57%
Lelouch x Millay 54 5.17%
Lelouch x Harem 121 11.59%
Suzaku Stays Single 148 14.18%
Suzaku x Nunally 60 5.75%
Lloyd x Millay 23 2.20%
Viletta x Ougi 179 17.15%
Rival x Millay 93 8.91%
Lloyd x Cecile 116 11.11%
Kanon x Nina 45 4.31%
Xing-ke x Tianzi 150 14.37%
Todou x Chiba 81 7.76%
Gino x Anya 52 4.98%
Cornelia x Guilford 142 13.60%
Zero x Kaguya 87 8.33%
Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-30, 15:12   Link #8001
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Personaly, I don't see GinoXKallen as a possibility. The epilogue shows clearly that Kallen still loves lelouch. And I like the idea that she will stay in love with him, and stay single. It's romantic and kallen seems to really really really loves him.

and her chara song seems to imply that he could be alive (or maybe I am wrong?)

So add me on the list of those who don't support GxK as a possibility. At least, the epilogue only shows that she is still in love with lelouch. And the epilogue takes place after VxO's marriage.

So the marriage pic doesn't prove anything.

And given animage discussions, even if it's made up by the editors, Gino calls her Nee-san iirc. LIke if they were friend.

IMO they are friends, but only friend. And Gino sees her as a great friend given animage discussion, but, I will say it one more time, only friend.

Me, the KallenGino fangirl shudders here.
Yeah, the ending+the chara song (the full translation/lyrics can be found in the Kallen thread, but...it's rather directed to Lelouch in the heaven) make it pretty clear that Kallen is (otome-ish) deeply in love with Lelouch and is likely to stay this way for a long long time.
As for KallenXGino, all I have to say that they had their friendly development in the series and somehow acted as a red-herring pairing, and there is already a small but growing fanbase of this two.
Now that the series ended, with little signs of a sequel or remake, perhaps we could leave the rest to fanfictions and doujin.
Old 2008-09-30, 15:14   Link #8002
pingva

Milly loves Lelouch, but she has more brains then Kallen and is a friend of Shirley. So she knows that her love is doomed. The outcome of Milly's kiss (22episode) would be the same as Kallen's kiss. Milly knew the outcome. That's why she kept her love in silence.

Future is a long time. Kallen isn't a virgin Nun.

C.C.' song tells us that she would be with Lelouch wherever he is.
Kallen's song tells us that she can't be with Lelouch.
Old 2008-09-30, 15:22   Link #8003
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
Yeah, the ending+the chara song (the full translation/lyrics can be found in the Kallen thread, but...it's rather directed to Lelouch in the heaven) make it pretty clear that Kallen is (otome-ish) deeply in love with Lelouch and is likely to stay this way for a long long time.
As for KallenXGino, all I have to say that they had their friendly development in the series and somehow acted as a red-herring pairing, and there is already a small but growing fanbase of this two.
Now that the series ended, with little signs of a sequel or remake, perhaps we could leave the rest to fanfictions and doujin.
Interesting. Kallen x Gino and Milly x Lelouch. If the creative staff are allowed to do another Code Geass series, it will likely be a remake of what the intended R2 season was to have been. I am not sure if Lelouch will die in that one. But the storyline would have to be very different than what we have seen in order for it to work successfully. I don't think that the writers will want to continue the series where current R2 had left off because they that statement clear by killing off Lelouch's character in this version.
Old 2008-09-30, 15:23   Link #8004
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
I didn't say that in the future (future that we will never see) she will not date another man (maybe gino), but right nnow, the epilogue only showed that Kallen is deeply in love with lelouch

And I defend that, mostly because staying in love with someone who is already dead is very romantic and shows how much she loves him, even now.

And don't get me wrong, I kinda like Gino, because he seems to be a nice guy. But GxL, right after the epilogue is not possible imo...
Old 2008-09-30, 15:29   Link #8005
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Milly loves Lelouch, but she has more brains then Kallen and is a friend of Shirley. So she knows that her love is doomed. The outcome of Milly's kiss (22episode) would be the same as Kallen's kiss. Milly knew the outcome. That's why she kept her love in silence.

Future is a long time. Kallen isn't a virgin Nun.

C.C.' song tells us that she would be with Lelouch wherever he is.
Kallen's song tells us that she can't be with Lelouch.
Milly already knew what Lelouch was trying to do than Kallen. She knew Lelouch longer than she did. The moment when he became Emperor, Milly knew that he wanted to destroy Britannia by uniting the world against him. This was the only way that the old Britannia would fall: his death.
Old 2008-09-30, 15:30   Link #8006
pingva

From my point of view Kallen x someone is possible after some time and right after epilogue too.
Old 2008-09-30, 15:32   Link #8007
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
From my point of view Kallen x someone is possible after some time and right after epilogue too.
And I have no problem with that ^^. I was just exposing my PoV.

But right after the epilogue, she seems to be still in love with him deeply, don't you think? I don't see her falling in love with someone else right after the epilogue.
Old 2008-09-30, 15:35   Link #8008
pingva

I think that Kallen loves-admires Lelouch and she is doing what Lelouch has said to her "live on". Life continues even without Lelouch.
Old 2008-09-30, 15:46   Link #8009
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I think that Kallen loves-admires Lelouch and she is doing what Lelouch has said to her "live on". Life continues even without Lelouch.
To "live on" doesn't imply to stop loving him because he is dead.

And as someone (don'tb remember who) pointed it out about a woman in his family, there are some people who live on and stay single because they stay in love with the person, even when this person is dead.
Old 2008-09-30, 15:57   Link #8010
pingva

I have never said that she would stop love - admire Lelouch. She will create her own family(yes it means that she would be in love with someone) and I don't see any reason why she should even at that time don't love-admire someone who made the future.
It's illogical to think that 18 years girl will be a virgin Nun.
Old 2008-09-30, 16:00   Link #8011
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

I've said it plenty of times, but I'm going to say again for the record. If Lelouch IS dead, I believe that Kallen will carry the love she has for Lelouch in her heart for the rest of her life; she'll move forward w/ many aspects of her life, but I don't think she would move past her love for Lelouch.

If Lelouch is NOT dead, Kallen will find out someday. And she will follow him to the ends of the earth (which is probably why he didn't tell her in the first place). She slaps him, kisses him and cries into his chest, just like the song says.

Quote:
I have never said that she would stop love - admire Lelouch. She will create her own family(yes it means that she would be in love with someone) and I don't see any reason why she should even at that time don't love-admire someone who made the future.
How is that illogical. While not particularly common, it's not unheard of for a person to remain single and w/o a family for his/her entire life. If Kallen wants to go through life holding on to the love she has for Lelouch, I say that fine if that's her choice. If she is happy w/ just the memory of her love, then I'm not going to judge her. It's a modern misconception that everyone needs to pair off and start families to have a complete life; it's not for everyone. At any rate, Kallen doesn't strike me as the kind of girl that needs a man to be happy anyway. She loved w/ all her heart once; that's more than many of us ever manage. She can move forward w/ her life while still holding on to that which was most precious to her. That's what I think at any rate.

youngde, signing off.

Last edited by youngde; 2008-09-30 at 16:16.
Old 2008-09-30, 16:04   Link #8012
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
I've said it plenty of times, but I'm going to say again for the record. If Lelouch IS dead, I believe that Kallen will carry the love she has for Lelouch in her heart for the rest of her life; she'll move forward w/ many aspects of her life, but I don't think she would move past her love for Lelouch.

If Lelouch is NOT dead, Kallen will find out someday. And she will follow him to the ends of the earth (which is probably why he didn't tell her in the first place). She slaps him, kisses him and cries into his chest, just like the song says.

youngde, signing off.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=8014
Old 2008-09-30, 16:08   Link #8013
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Nothing illogical, it happens sometimes. There was even a debate on the TV in france about that kind of girls some months ago

And you know what? They didn't seem sad or anything like that.
Old 2008-09-30, 16:09   Link #8014
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
I have never said that she would stop love - admire Lelouch. She will create her own family and I don't see any reason why she should even at that time don't love-admire someone who made the future.
Yeah it's also not logical to have giant flying robots and immortals but hey. From what we gather from the epilogue she still loves lelouch, and she doesn't have to marry someone to 'live on'. She's content with her sitation, she has friends, perhaps to her Lelouch's love was enough.

P.S.: It's possible to have casual sex, especially for someone who looks like Kallen :P
Old 2008-09-30, 16:16   Link #8015
pingva

That's what you are telling me and for the other people:

Kallen x Lelouch fans knows that Lelouch is dead and Kallen loves Lelouch and you even don't wish that Kallen would be able to create her own normal family.
That's what happiness you wish for Kallen.
Old 2008-09-30, 16:27   Link #8016
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
That what you are telling me and for the other people:

Kallen x Lelouch fans knows that Lelouch is dead and Kallen loves Lelouch and you even don't wish that Kallen would be able to create a her own normal family.
1) I'm not sure that Lelouch is dead. I'm about 50% he's dead/50% he's on a quest w/ C.C. to seal/protect Geass to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands ever again. He didn't allow any of his friends to know to give them closure and allow them to move on w/ their lives since he has no idea if his quest will ever end. This is particularly true of Kallen since he knows she would follow him anywhere.

2) IF Lelouch is alive, I want Kallen to find out and be able to follow him. IF he is dead, I'm not opposed strictly to Kallen finding love eventually. I just think it would be difficult for her in a world that hates Lelouch. Any once she would love would need to have a hell of lot of stuff explained to him, because her love for Lelouch is an aspect of her that would need to be understood and accepted prior to any long-term commitments.

3) However, the epilouge and her character song suggest to me that she is happy living her life, moving forward and doing Lelouch's share of the living as well. I wish for her any kind of happiness in her life, and if holding on to her love for Lelouch until the day she dies makes her happy, then I will not judge her for that.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-09-30, 16:27   Link #8017
Vito
Asshole.

Quote:
That what you are telling me and for the other people:

Kallen x Lelouch fans knows that Lelouch is dead and Kallen loves Lelouch and you even don't wish that Kallen would be able to create a her own normal family.
Oh hell, you don't get it, what people argue is that her love for Lelouch is enough for her, it makes her feel complete and overcomes the evolution's whispers to settle down and procreate. She's happy to live her life, be with her mother and see what becomes of the world Lelouch helped to create.

People are not condemning Kallen to a life in a cell where she looks at other couples and longs for someone, what they're saying is that when she sees them, she sees the peace Lelouch's sacrifice brought to the world and it's enough for her. Sure she might feel lonely at times, but she'll probably be longing for Lelouch's touch not just any man. In real life such a scenario is probably rare, but hey, this is anime, why not?
Old 2008-09-30, 16:31   Link #8018
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
In real life such a scenario is probably rare, but hey, this is anime, why not?
It's rare, but my great grandmother only knew her husband for four years (married three years) before he died in an accident. I believe she was 23 when it happened. She never remarried for the rest of her life and loved him to the day she died. And guess what, she was actually happy that way.

And I think that's quite beautiful if you ask me.
Old 2008-09-30, 16:52   Link #8019
zalem

Quote:
That's what you are telling me and for the other people:

Kallen x Lelouch fans knows that Lelouch is dead and Kallen loves Lelouch and you even don't wish that Kallen would be able to create her own normal family.
Don't generalize please. I'm in the camp that would hope Kallen continues to keep Lulu in her heart, but moves on. If she finds new love, then good for her. If not, she'll find another way to find happiness I'm sure. But I do find the idea of her being alone for the rest of her life kind of sad, so I would hope she finds someone.

I think all the evidence points to Lelouch being dead....99% chance he is dead and 1% chance for being alive. Though if he is alive I'd want him to be an immortal along with C.C.

We can only hope for some special editions like they did for Gundam Seed with additional footage. Maybe it will give us something more concrete one way or the other as far as Lelouch goes.
Old 2008-09-30, 18:01   Link #8020
Scarlett_Rain55

The real question is if he ended up with Shirley or CC (assuming he either lived or died), Kallen is definitely out of this triangle! Or square.
Closed Thread

Tags
romance