AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Favorite Pairing in Code Geass R2
Lelouch Stays Single 141 13.51%
Lelouch x C.C. 678 64.94%
Lelouch x Kallen 340 32.57%
Lelouch x Millay 54 5.17%
Lelouch x Harem 121 11.59%
Suzaku Stays Single 148 14.18%
Suzaku x Nunally 60 5.75%
Lloyd x Millay 23 2.20%
Viletta x Ougi 179 17.15%
Rival x Millay 93 8.91%
Lloyd x Cecile 116 11.11%
Kanon x Nina 45 4.31%
Xing-ke x Tianzi 150 14.37%
Todou x Chiba 81 7.76%
Gino x Anya 52 4.98%
Cornelia x Guilford 142 13.60%
Zero x Kaguya 87 8.33%
Others (please list) 96 9.20%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1044. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-11-20, 17:07   Link #10201
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by taiga_tiger! View Post
..yeah, i agree..he trusts suzaku more than anyone else..they're the best of friends..like brothers i guess..(i hope it's only up to that)
Agreed. xD
Lelouch was convinced that he and Suzaku could achieve anything together.
Therefore, he didn't need Kallen so much that he would risk ruining her future out of sheer lazyness.
Nogitsune is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:10   Link #10202
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Agreed. xD
Lelouch was convinced that he and Suzaku could achieve anything together.
Therefore, he didn't need Kallen so much that he would risk ruining her future out of sheer lazyness.
sheer lazyness
you call making the job twice as hard by making sure that instead of having TWO SUZAKU"S on his side (one of whom has shown unbeliveble dedecation to protecting him against any enemy in the past)
he instead makes sure that the enemy has one of their own (even asking kallen to just sit this one out would make it easier)
and you call that sheer lazyness ?
from a tactiacl standpoint its like saying "i know you dont have guns, so to be fair have some of mine"
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:14   Link #10203
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
You guys make the simple things difficult {kinda how some people dismiss that Kalulu is canon. :P}

Lulu just wanted for Kallen to live on, he did not want to involve her anymore in a potential danger or something. So yeah, Lulu's mission-mind accomplished ~
incorrupts is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:14   Link #10204
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
sheer lazyness
you call making the job twice as hard by making sure that instead of having TWO SUZAKU"S on his side (one of whom has shown unbeliveble dedecation to protecting him against any enemy in the past)
But Kallen is not a second Suzaku.
She might have tried to stop him, and she wasn't even strictly necessary.

Quote:
he instead makes sure that the enemy has one of their own (even asking kallen to just sit this one out would make it easier)
Do you really think she would have done that?

Quote:
and you call that sheer lazyness ?
from a tactiacl standpoint its like saying "i know you dont have guns, so to be fair have some of mine"
Lelouch is not alway logical.
He was convinced that Suzaku was all he needed to make things work out all right in the end.
Nogitsune is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:18   Link #10205
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
your right
kallen is not a second suzaku
she did end up beating him after all
and in terms of combat skill (and machine potential) there was no difference between them
since no other pilot would be a match to either of them
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:18   Link #10206
Frostfire
No Eyes
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dirac Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
The difference is that Nina would never have forgiven herself if she hadn't done something to make up for her mistakes.
Not to mention that she always felt "useless". She needed a purpose, and Lelouch needed her so badly for his plans that he was forced to risk being betrayed by her for "revenge".
Lelouch was also afraid that Nunally might suffer after Zero Requiem because of her "sins", but then realized that his sister was a much stronger person than even he could have imagined. Therefore, he could go through with his plan and "properly" push her away.
That may be fine, but it still does not change the fact. There are countless ways for Nina to redeem herself and not every single one of them involves her going through the demon's gate to get it. Lelouch used the fact that she wanted to redeem herself, he love for Euphemia, to build the Anti-Fleija Lance of Longinus. We're forgetting Rivalz, who was used as well. Did he have something to make up for by being turned into a delivery boy?

Lelouch was afraid she might suffer? He thought she was dead, and after he said he was doing it for everyone not just her. When he confronted her he used her (Geass) to get Damocles. It was all towards his end, he still used her. The fact that she then wouldn't take any of the blame is fine, but that was not her wish. She wanted her brother. To be noted that he had little choice with Nunally but to use her. But when it comes down to it, Lelouch's plan was his top priority and that brings us full circle. If it was his top priority, and he was using everyone to achieve it, why does he not use Kallen? It doesn't matter how certain he is in Suzaku, that is still a gambit leaving the other most powerful entity on the battlefield on the otherside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
And that's certainly one reason why he didn't tell her.
She would have been torn between her obvious love for Lelouch and her loyalty to Zero, and would probably have felt guilty no matter what she did.
And that's the point. She's an invaluable asset but he doesn't tell her because she'd be broken by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
But Lelouch had Suzaku, and there is nothing that can stop them if they work together. ;P
They both firmly believed in that.
Not to mention that it was enough that Suzaku had to kill his best friend. Lelouch didn't need to do the same to Kallen.
He knew that she had seen too much death and destruction in her life already. And I think that's one thing that clearly sets her apart from Rivalz and Milly, who were good people, but still grew up sheltered.
Which is why Suzaku lost, and Kallen would have killed Lelouch if she didn't hesitate, and their entire ordeal was forced into a split second endevour because their line was breaking because of Kallen. This seems real certain, doesn't it? He won on a gambit, making it a risk to not include Kallen who did the most to deter his plans. That's a rather high risk, the world, just because you don't want to make someone feel guilty.

I'll also ask, since when has Lelouch cared about the guilt of others? I don't remember him having much of a problem with pushing Kallen forward before when she was also his friend. Why does it suddenly do a dime-turn now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
I think Kallen is just the type of girl that sends Lelouch into protective-mode. Just like Euphy, Shirley and even C.C. in her innocent moments.
You'd think that wouldn't need to apply to someone like Kallen whom he did not get a protective mode around in the first season because she was more than capable. There's a clear evolution here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Yes, but as far as I know, C.C. just repeated what Marianne had told her.
The part that I am referring to was C.C. quoting Lelouch's methods, not Marianne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Freud's logic is a very strange one. xD
Not to mention that desperate!Lelouch would probably have jumped Rolo, too, if Kallen hadn't been around.
Errr... but let's just leave it at that. xD
Ya... let's. Maybe even Arthur would have needed to look out.
Frostfire is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:20   Link #10207
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
your right
kallen is not a second suzaku
she did end up beating him after all
Yes, yes, she's awesome.
I like her.
Still...
He had enough faith in Suzaku to be able to dismiss her skills as "not strictly necessary for the plan".
He wouldn't have risked Nunally's future for Kallen, after all.
Nogitsune is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:22   Link #10208
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
your right
kallen is not a second suzaku
she did end up beating him after all
and in terms of combat skill (and machine potential) there was no difference between them
since no other pilot would be a match to either of them
Even if Kallen was at the same level as Suzaku in a Knightmare, no, she is most definitely not a second Suzaku. There's more to Suzaku than just his fighting skills (and we're only talking about Knightmare fighting, here).

The series made it quite clear that Lelouch and Suzaku can do anything together, not "Lelouch, Suzaku and Kallen". Stop trying to force her into the statement.
Eliarine is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:25   Link #10209
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Ok, we gotta give credit to Suzu where credit is due, he is better than Kallen in combat skills and stuff. Slightest better but still better. Weren't some cards released that confirmed this? //still Guren cooler than Lancelot though.
incorrupts is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:25   Link #10210
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
He wouldn't have risked Nunally's future for Kallen, after all.
not that im sure what your point was
but techniclly speaking he did it before
he sent sayoko to get kallen out of prison first before going to get nunnaly (rolo states that sayoko's team went first)
thats part of why nunnaly was "killed" in the blast
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:25   Link #10211
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tampa
This is way off topic.

Lelouch thought with Suzaku they could do anything. He didn't want to involve Kallen with himself anymore in order to give her a future(I'm sure what occured between the two during turn 19 was in Lelouch's thoughts) . He didn't want Kallen to know what he was doing. Who knows how conflicted Kallen may have been if she found out. He cared enough for Kallen even if she could have ruined the plan. Its really simple if you ask me.
__________________
SonOfHeaven is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:27   Link #10212
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
He cared enough for Kallen even if she could have ruined the plan. Its really simple if you ask me.
Simple even for the stoners to remember and i agree ~
incorrupts is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:27   Link #10213
Frostfire
No Eyes
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dirac Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
This is way off topic.

Lelouch thought with Suzaku they could do anything. He didn't want to involve Kallen with himself anymore in order to give her a future(I'm sure what occured between the two during turn 19 was in Lelouch's thoughts) . He didn't want Kallen to know what he was doing. Who knows how conflicted Kallen may have been if she found out. He cared enough for Kallen even if she could have ruined the plan. Its really simple if you ask me.
Bingo. You win the lottery.
Frostfire is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:28   Link #10214
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Even if Kallen was at the same level as Suzaku in a Knightmare, no, she is most definitely not a second Suzaku. There's more to Suzaku than just his fighting skills (and we're only talking about Knightmare fighting, here).

The series made it quite clear that Lelouch and Suzaku can do anything together, not "Lelouch, Suzaku and Kallen". Stop trying to force her into the statement.
except that since this WAS and KMF battle then she was on the same level as suzaku (this was a large scale battle after all)
and i didnt force her into the statement
i pointed out that having her on his side would have made them unbeatable (since neither suzaku nor kallen could be beaten by anyone else aside form eachother)

P.S
while this is off topic
its in response to the claim that "he treated kallen just like he treated milly and rivals"
its not the same in any way
i totally agree with SonOfHeaven's post
im simply pointing out that he dd NOT extend that same treatmet to anyone else what so ever
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:38   Link #10215
Eliarine
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
and i didnt force her into the statement
i pointed out that having her on his side would have made them unbeatable
Show: "Lelouch and Suzaku are unbeatable together".

You: "Lelouch, Suzaku and Kallen would have been unbeatable together".

...yes you did?
Eliarine is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:43   Link #10216
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Show: "Lelouch and Suzaku are unbeatable together".

You: "Lelouch, Suzaku and Kallen would have been unbeatable together".

...yes you did?
suzaku = kallen (in KMF combat skills)
suzaku-kallen=0
hence lelouch+suzaku+kallen>lelouch+(suzaku-kallen)
i would tell you to do that math
but i already did it for you
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:44   Link #10217
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Lelouch, Suzaku, Kallen are like, how do we call it? The Father, Son and Holy Ghost. Holy Ghost for some reason is not that popular, so yeah, you get what i mean. XD
{God and Son can do the dirty work together anyway}

Anyway, this topic is getting weirder, so debating with one of my friends, we were left wondering how people do not mind that Shirlulu kiss is mutual {which btw i do not mind at all} but about Kalulu they are jumping around like jesters? Especially since it has been confirmed. Is it about Kalulu or Kallen as individual? Cause i got a feelings it is the second.
incorrupts is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:46   Link #10218
Frostfire
No Eyes
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dirac Sea
Skyless requested this of me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire
Is there some terrible phobia of Kallen being a woman that Lelouch cares for and that he sees as more than just a friend? I'd say he saw the same in Shirley. No one will jump on me if I say that... but if I say Kallen, everyone seems to come out of the woodwork to tell me that I am wrong.

Usually, when people react that defensively, its because whatever was said hit too close to home/the truth.

Look at the kiss. Shirley's is fine to be mutual. But heavens! Not Kallens. He can't love Kallen. The sky is falling!
Why did I have to post this?
Frostfire is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:48   Link #10219
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Age: 30
the irony is that sherlulu kiss was basiclly what lelouch would have gotten in ep 7 had kallen been weaker
its a kiss drawn for comfort (which sherly felt bad about)
__________________
bladeofdarkness is offline  
Old 2008-11-20, 17:49   Link #10220
incorrupts
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Greece
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostfire View Post
Skyless requested this of me:


Why did I have to post this?
Cause you fail. XD
incorrupts is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
romance

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:03.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.