AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 34 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 27.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 28 27.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.94%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-27, 16:29   Link #281
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1 View Post
unconscious galatic fairy? Are you kidding me? That spells out either rape or nude pics on the internet
Well, that's the kind of chances you have to take when you just pass out anywhere.

And yes, I'm kidding. What he should have done is bring her back to the hospital over her protests.
Anh_Minh is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 16:30   Link #282
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Not to interrupt this thread but this is my new Macross ship
xD!!! Oh wow... Somebody go make a Romance in Macross Frontier (Take 2) with Alto x Barera, please?

Edit: She really doesn't need a hospital though. She just needs rest.
__________________
Traece is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 16:35   Link #283
ickem
シェリルの為に!
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
xD!!! Oh wow... Somebody go make a Romance in Macross Frontier (Take 2) with Alto x Barera, please?

Edit: She really doesn't need a hospital though. She just needs rest.
She just needs to be away from Grace's evil supplements. Also a dose of Hime is probably what the doctor asked for.
ickem is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 16:37   Link #284
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Also a dose of Hime is probably what the doctor asked for.
Yeah, damn that bad timing of Cathy and Michael.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 16:38   Link #285
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
She just needs to be away from Grace's evil supplements. Also a dose of Hime is probably what the doctor asked for.
I think the best cure would've been Alto's house. Too bad she ended up in the Quarter.

To be honest when I saw her and Alto was trying to get her to a place to rest, and she wanted a non-hotel and a non-hospital... Well let's just say the first thing I thought was, "No Alto! Don't do it! That kind of stressful activity will just worsen her condition! LET HER SLEEP!"
__________________
Traece is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 16:40   Link #286
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 32
Hmm... I don't know if sleep or rest would help Sheryl's case. Whatever drug she took from Grace is killing her.
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 16:46   Link #287
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Hmm... I don't know if sleep or rest would help Sheryl's case. Whatever drug she took from Grace is killing her.
That's mere speculation though. It isn't known for certain if the Witchcraft drug is killing her or not.

In any case, she wouldn't be taking it daily if it was meant for a one-time dose KILL. The Witchcraft drug IF intended to do harm was meant to do it slowly and without suspicion.

The most likely case is that Grace was slowly doing away with her just in case, or trying to keep her off the floor for Ranka to take her place. Most likely, Grace has shunned Sheryl now that she's failed, and left her and her career to die. I said once before that at this point Sheryl is starting to come to terms with the fact that Ranka has stolen the spotlight from her, and her career is coming to an abrupt halt against her will.
__________________
Traece is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 16:57   Link #288
White Manju Bun
Going to supermarket
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
xD!!! Oh wow... Somebody go make a Romance in Macross Frontier (Take 2) with Alto x Barera, please?
Itd be Brera x Alto since the Hime is definitely the uke
__________________
Archer - F/SNManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

"I am the bone of my sword."
-Archer
White Manju Bun is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 17:33   Link #289
stray
aniki
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Philadelphia
Send a message via AIM to stray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
MichaelxKlanKlanxSheryl?

Now THAT would be a love triangle... Two potentially deadly and volcanic women vs one unstoppable flirt? Hah...
Oh, the possibilities...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Itd be Brera x Alto since the Hime is definitely the uke
Alto does need a stong, maybe violent... someone/thing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Hmm... I don't know if sleep or rest would help Sheryl's case. Whatever drug she took from Grace is killing her.
She was fine during the battle with the Vajra... assuming she stopped taking the Witch Craft pills (and hopefully everything else Grace was giving her), she might just be going through detox/withdrawls.

I think there would be rioting in the streets if Sheryl got killed off...
stray is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 17:56   Link #290
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I think there would be rioting in the streets if Sheryl got killed off...
You can't understate the political repurcussions of Sheryl dying any more than you already have.

All English-speaking countries would go to war with Japan. Otakus would flood the streets with protest and bully law enforcement. The U.S. would deploy their navy and blockade the entire coast of Japan! The British would raid the country and take it as their own sattelite-state of Area 11.

The only way any of it could be stopped... Is if Sheryl was brought back! NOBODY takes away people's hopes and dreams! ESPECIALLY not their melons! NEVER steal a man's melons!
__________________
Traece is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 18:12   Link #291
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Hmm... I don't know if sleep or rest would help Sheryl's case. Whatever drug she took from Grace is killing her.
She's half-delirious and completely exhausted one minute, and 100% the next.

My diagnosis is act of plot, and I prescribe personal goals and interests that exclude blue-haired bishies, along with plenty of bed rest. Might I also suggest an attitude adjustment and awareness of your own mortality?
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 18:57   Link #292
erfine
hugs@Ranka
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84
My diagnosis is act of plot, and I prescribe personal goals and interests that exclude blue-haired bishies, along with plenty of bed rest. Might I also suggest an attitude adjustment and awareness of your own mortality?
I'd like to give a second opinion. Better to take those blue-haired bishies into bed rest with you.
erfine is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 19:51   Link #293
Wesley84
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by erfine View Post
I'd like to give a second opinion. Better to take those blue-haired bishies into bed rest with you.
That would mark the end of her character developement, practically before it even began.
Wesley84 is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 20:24   Link #294
MaiHikari
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
You can't understate the political repurcussions of Sheryl dying any more than you already have.

All English-speaking countries would go to war with Japan. Otakus would flood the streets with protest and bully law enforcement. The U.S. would deploy their navy and blockade the entire coast of Japan! The British would raid the country and take it as their own sattelite-state of Area 11.

The only way any of it could be stopped... Is if Sheryl was brought back! NOBODY takes away people's hopes and dreams! ESPECIALLY not their melons! NEVER steal a man's melons!
LOL. Kawamori would have to run and change his name to something like Mizukaze.
MaiHikari is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 23:09   Link #295
Sleepy100
*snore**snore* zzz.......
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post

She was fine during the battle with the Vajra... assuming she stopped taking the Witch Craft pills (and hopefully everything else Grace was giving her), she might just be going through detox/withdrawls.
Perhaps some bed rest in pleasant company might be just what she needs. Then again, we have no clue what the witchcraft pill was. It could just be as likely that her internal system is damaged beyond repair. Meaning she probably don't have much time left to live.

I remembered somebody once mentioning that they liked Lunar subs. I differ on that. "Reflex" weapon? Even though they said "thermo-nuclear round" in episode 2? Not very consistent.
Sleepy100 is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 23:44   Link #296
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
I rewatched the singing bit in this episode. I was impressed on how they blended the action music in the background with the battle and the singing. They made it a very epic moment and made it a very emotional song. Especially towards the middle part, they centerstage it with the battle. That alone would put this episode at a ten. It's rare to see an anime play such a powerful scene. ^_^

Edit: However I have to say... Could we setup an Animesuki awards ceremony and give out awards? You know, like most recycled footage?
__________________
Traece is offline  
Old 2008-07-27, 23:48   Link #297
Tak
☭ автомат Калашникова ☭
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Neu Herzogtum Zeon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
I rewatched the singing bit in this episode. I was impressed on how they blended the action music in the background with the battle and the singing. They made it a very epic moment and made it a very emotional song. Especially towards the middle part, they centerstage it with the battle. That alone would put this episode at a ten. It's rare to see an anime play such a powerful scene. ^_^

Edit: However I have to say... Could we setup an Animesuki awards ceremony and give out awards? You know, like most recycled footage?
I feel the same way. The music in the original Macross was ... err... for a lack of a better word, campy. Macross 7 on the other hand was overdone. But this one, I have but one word... wow. The music and the combat blended in very, very well. It feels like MTV sometimes, but one that advances the plot.

- Tak
__________________
- Flight to Brazil? $1,500
- FIFA Stadium Ticket? $500
- Witnessing Coach Joachim Lw crack a smile at the World-Cup Final? PRICELESS


There are some things money can't buy. For everything else, there is Master Card.


Get strong like ROCK! Not weak like Barack! Putincize now!

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Tak is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 01:52   Link #298
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
LOL at the bridge crew arguing about Minmay and Basara. Priceless.
pinoy78 is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 03:38   Link #299
magnuskn
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Age: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I feel the same way. The music in the original Macross was ... err... for a lack of a better word, campy. Macross 7 on the other hand was overdone. But this one, I have but one word... wow. The music and the combat blended in very, very well. It feels like MTV sometimes, but one that advances the plot.

- Tak
I must say, the new lyrics for Aimo sound somewhat... fascist, for lack of a better word. I mean, "Advance with the thunderbolt in your hand" or whatever it was? They might have just inserted "Glory for the fatherland!" into it.
magnuskn is offline  
Old 2008-07-28, 04:23   Link #300
Darial
Otaku in disguise
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Somewhere in Cyberspace
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
They might have just inserted "Glory for the fatherland!" into it.
Actually they did one better, they put in:

" ここは新たな神の国 (Koko wa arata na Kami no Kuni)" - This is the new "God's Country."

Kami no Kuni is a loaded word in Japanese because of phases from right-wing ultra-nationalists like "日本は天皇中心の神の国" (Japan is a God's Country with the Emperor in its center). Phase like this brings back some really bad memories of Japanese indoctrination during WW2. So to use it in the lyric of Aimo is REALLY creepy.

Gotta say the song writer did a swell job of turning a sweet hippie song into an ultra-nationalist martial song. Definitely working as intended, but why do I feel so creeped out?
__________________
Darial is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.