AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-22, 03:19   Link #1
babybro

Looking for specific Anime

Hi all, I'm just coming to ask if there is any new or recent anime that has a older sister and little brother in it. Majority of animes is usually the opposite so it's rather hard finding recent anime with older sisters and little brothers in it. While I've seen older ones like Mai Hime and Chrono Crusade, I haven't seen anything recent. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 2008-07-22, 04:05   Link #2
MuraKami
Phase Angle

Sketchbook - full colour's, The Strange Story of a Dreamsphere Dealer, and perhaps the twins from Myself; Yourself (the girl is the older twin and really behaves like onee-san ).

Last edited by MuraKami; 2008-07-23 at 16:09.
Old 2008-07-22, 04:40   Link #3
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

sky girls -> the "brother" literally didnt appear throughout the whole anime
gintama ( on going) -> of the 3 main leads, one of them had a older sister, i think that doesnt count since the sister isnt one of the main?
kanokon (on going) -> the female lead had a younger brother and she abuses him ha
kamen no maid guy (on going) -> im pretty sure the female lead brother is the younger one, nt very certain on this
Old 2008-07-22, 08:28   Link #4
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

Try Da Capo II. Nothing else comes to mind.
Old 2008-07-22, 08:42   Link #5
Quancio

Kamichu - main female character have a younger brother ;p
Old 2008-07-22, 20:40   Link #6
blewin

Scrapped Princess - older sister, younger brother and a younger sister.
Old 2008-07-23, 05:12   Link #7
Arkuatic

He is my master-its big on the Big sister(boobs too) little bro thingy.
Old 2008-07-23, 05:27   Link #8
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quancio View Post
Kamichu - main female character have a younger brother ;p
Very seconded.
Old 2008-07-23, 07:09   Link #9
babybro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus ex Digital Boy View Post
Very seconded.

Ah man, you guys seconded it like the little brother played a huge part in the manga. I already watched the first two episodes and He was barely in the 1st
and non existant in the second.

I guess to break down what I'm looking for, while I do not mind anime that just has a relationship, what I am mostly looking for where a older sister and little brother has a strong relationship and they are at least "existent." Not an anime where the female has a little brother but he only appears twice throughout the entire seires LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkuatic
I started watching the episodes and the main girl (with big boobs) has a younger sister, not a younger brother. So I'm a bit confused as to where you thought she had a little brother?

Last edited by babybro; 2008-07-23 at 07:24.
Old 2008-07-23, 07:10   Link #10
neqael
World Destruction Commit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkuatic View Post
But there's no little brother.. and Yoshitaka in no way acts like one.

Oh and yeah, Kamichu! seconded. That's a good choice.
Old 2008-07-23, 16:35   Link #11
MuraKami
Phase Angle

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybro View Post
I guess to break down what I'm looking for, while I do not mind anime that just has a relationship, what I am mostly looking for where a older sister and little brother has a strong relationship and they are at least "existent." Not an anime where the female has a little brother but he only appears twice throughout the entire seires LOL.
Well, if the older sister-younger brother relation should be central to the plot, I can barely think of anything that is not from the time of Chrno Crusade. But if you are OK with more suggestions for older series, possibilities could be: Gilgamesh, Hitsuji no Uta; with well defined relation, partial to the plot - Last Exile, E's Otherwise.
Old 2008-07-23, 18:18   Link #12
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybro View Post
Ah man, you guys seconded it like the little brother played a huge part in the manga. I already watched the first two episodes and He was barely in the 1st
and non existant in the second.

I started watching the episodes and the main girl (with big boobs) has a younger sister, not a younger brother. So I'm a bit confused as to where you thought she had a little brother?
The younger bro in Kamichu is a very important character, just not in every episode, but it's one of the best bro-sis relationships I can think of.
Old 2008-07-24, 03:21   Link #13
babybro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuraKami View Post
Well, if the older sister-younger brother relation should be central to the plot, I can barely think of anything that is not from the time of Chrno Crusade. But if you are OK with more suggestions for older series, possibilities could be: Gilgamesh, Hitsuji no Uta; with well defined relation, partial to the plot - Last Exile, E's Otherwise.
All except for Last Exile I have seen, (suprised that you tossed me an older one that I missed) But it doesn't have to be centralized in the plot. The anime doesn't have to be solely about them, but also not an anime where they just have a little brother but he doesn't appear throughout the entire anime either. A middle ground to a sibling focus is mostly what I'm looking for. In the mean time, I'll check out Last Exile as well. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote:
The younger bro in Kamichu is a very important character, just not in every episode, but it's one of the best bro-sis relationships I can think of.
Oh I see, alright will I'll continue throughout the series, thanks for pointing out it's just not in every episode. I definitely appreciate it.
Old 2008-07-26, 22:51   Link #14
babybro

Bump, any other suggestions?
Closed Thread