AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-31, 00:20   Link #61
foreverdissevered
Endless Entity
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Inner Universe
Age: 21
Eh.. I give a girl a rich ornamented box of chocolate.. though I hate chocolate myself...

Worked pretty well, she asked me out a month later..
foreverdissevered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 15:20   Link #62
Amray
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: England
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverdissevered View Post
Eh.. I give a girl a rich ornamented box of chocolate.. though I hate chocolate myself...

Worked pretty well, she asked me out a month later..
Do you think it was the chocolate? And not your manly charms? XD
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 17:33   Link #63
Irkalla
I asked for this
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Winterfell
Age: 25
Some examples from a girl's point of view

cute girls
yes: stuffed animals, clothes, chocolate, perfume, jewelery, a picnic with cake, a picture with you both with a cute frame, a cute pillow, flowers, a poem you wrote
no: hardcore concert tickets, weird stuff animals, funny things, black things

hot girls
yes: perfume, clothes, jewelery, pumps, lingerie, club tickets, phone number from your hot friend which she wanted for some time now,
no:books, flowers, a date with only eating involved (without another gift), cheap gifts, poems

alternative girls(emo, punk, metal etc)
yes: clothes, wristbands, arm warmers, studded belts, weird stuffed animals, a song you composed, tickets for a concert/club, cds, a pick you caught from her fav guitar player
no:cute stuff, cheesy poems, candy, flowers

crazy girls
yes: clothes, jewelery, perfume, something nostalgic (like a roll of toilet paper to remember her time at the club when she was dragging around a piece under her shoe-example), a fun date, weird stuffed animals
no:books, flowers, cute stuff,

tomboys
yes:all that you would want
no:all that you would hate
__________________
Irkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 18:10   Link #64
Zoned87
Mr. Awesome
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Underpants Gnome Factory
Age: 27
I would say a Di....


nevermind
Zoned87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 23:22   Link #65
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
A Victoria secret gift card
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 11:57   Link #66
Quzor
It's the year 3030...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spaceport Colony Sicilia
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Quzor
I try to pay attention to a girl's likes and dislikes before I start picking out a gift for her.

Example - One of my ex-girlfriends was a huge white chocolate fanatic. Didn't like any other kind of chocolate, just white chocolate. So, I bought her a big box of white chocolates from Godiva.

Example 2 - A friend of mine was big into theater, so I bought a couple of tickets to "The Lion King" when it came into the area.

Just pay attention to what a girl likes, and pick a gift accordingly. You'd be surprised how easy it is to pick out a gift for a girl, if you pay attention to her for about 10 minutes.
__________________
http://www.tg-media.net/the_chaos/QuzorSig488.jpg
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 12:07   Link #67
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Devoting your time for a girl doing whatever she wants and not complaining once then she will think you are the sweetest boy/girl for doing what she wanted especially if you hate it.
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 07:17   Link #68
mahou_sakura
Medical Advisor member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in the morgue of the hospital? (^_^)V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Some examples from a girl's point of view

cute girls
yes: stuffed animals, clothes, chocolate, perfume, jewelery, a picnic with cake, a picture with you both with a cute frame, a cute pillow, flowers, a poem you wrote
no: hardcore concert tickets, weird stuff animals, funny things, black things

hot girls
yes: perfume, clothes, jewelery, pumps, lingerie, club tickets, phone number from your hot friend which she wanted for some time now,
no:books, flowers, a date with only eating involved (without another gift), cheap gifts, poems

alternative girls(emo, punk, metal etc)
yes: clothes, wristbands, arm warmers, studded belts, weird stuffed animals, a song you composed, tickets for a concert/club, cds, a pick you caught from her fav guitar player
no:cute stuff, cheesy poems, candy, flowers

crazy girls
yes: clothes, jewelery, perfume, something nostalgic (like a roll of toilet paper to remember her time at the club when she was dragging around a piece under her shoe-example), a fun date, weird stuffed animals
no:books, flowers, cute stuff,

tomboys
yes:all that you would want
no:all that you would hate
liked this comment actually!! its the best one yet!

but for me plain and simple treats or simple thoughts of gifts is the way to a woman's heart

FYI just not those [censored] things ok? even tomboys hate those!!
nyahahaha!
__________________
mahou_sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-15, 15:28   Link #69
farren8
Ninja
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: California
grade 12 birthday eh....I gave a girl a blow up doll (those things are pricey!) haha. Everyone got a good laugh out of that...and i'm pretty sure she secretly kept it lol
farren8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-16, 03:38   Link #70
mahou_sakura
Medical Advisor member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in the morgue of the hospital? (^_^)V
Quote:
Originally Posted by farren8 View Post
grade 12 birthday eh....I gave a girl a blow up doll (those things are pricey!) haha. Everyone got a good laugh out of that...and i'm pretty sure she secretly kept it lol
hahaha thats a very fond memory to be remember!
but serciously you gave a blow up doll?!
nyahahaha!
__________________
mahou_sakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 08:13   Link #71
agar07
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Brookyln
Age: 30
Send a message via Yahoo to agar07
cook for her? a picnic?
__________________


Have you experienced the Agar advantage?
agar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 12:44   Link #72
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
Why not just ask her ?
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 13:37   Link #73
BellaD
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Guess??
Well if she is close to you just ask her as King said but if not then ....since the weather is getting colder buy her a scarf or a pashmina....made out of a nice material....Asking usually works but some women find it rude because they think the guy is not putting thought into it at all.
Anywho let us know what you chose in the end and good luck...
__________________
She wants your aid--she honours you
With a distinguished call.
Stand forth to be the friend of her
Who is the friend of all.
--
BellaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 17:50   Link #74
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Why not just ask her ?
so agree, you men always think too much when it comes to gifts
ask the girl or one of her closest friends to see what she likes and wants and be aware of possible gifts other people buy her
a couple of years back I recieved the same book collection twice because the guys didn't ask each other what they were buying, they both overheard that I wanted the books and decided to buy them >.< without knowing that they both bought the same gift

really men *sigh*
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-17, 21:11   Link #75
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Zeon
Age: 23
lol
We think so much because these girls are extremely important to us
__________________
King Lycan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 18:09   Link #76
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
All I can say is whatever you decide on "money" comes into play. But I don't mean go and give a girl money because that will just make her want more o_O.

My favorite place to go get a girls present is Build a Bear, that place is soooooooo fun yup ^^
__________________
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-18, 18:29   Link #77
Mollfie
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
I'm 20 and for my birthday (yesterday!) my boyfriend got me a DS game, a Wii game, a hat with cat ears, a hello kitty bento box and chopsticks and a pair of hello kitty onigiri shapers. Why? Because I'm a gamer, I lover cute things, I love cats, I love making onigiri and food in general lol and I had mentioned all these things over the last few months.

Obviously you can't buy her all these things, or afford them lol but just try to think about what things she likes, what things she talks about, what her main interests are etc.

Don't buy a "typical girl" gift. Things like those baskets of bath things, makeup etc she'll be nice and say thank you but no one really likes them T_T

Cute things are always chock full of win!!!
Mollfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 06:54   Link #78
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainnydaiis View Post
All I can say is whatever you decide on "money" comes into play. But I don't mean go and give a girl money because that will just make her want more o_O.

My favorite place to go get a girls present is Build a Bear, that place is soooooooo fun yup ^^
For us non americans (i assume you are one) - what's a build a bear and two, uhh no, giving money to us does not automatically equal, we want more, nor should you assume that all girls will even accept money easily

Best advice's already been given, listen to her, note what she likes and buy something (cheap or pricey) out of your own judgement.
Most important thing is that you listened and got something with significance to her.
__________________

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by xris; 2008-09-19 at 07:52. Reason: Please ignore the obvious trolls
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 08:47   Link #79
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollfie View Post
I'm 20 and for my birthday (yesterday!) my boyfriend got me a DS game, a Wii game, a hat with cat ears, a hello kitty bento box and chopsticks and a pair of hello kitty onigiri shapers. Why? Because I'm a gamer, I lover cute things, I love cats, I love making onigiri and food in general lol and I had mentioned all these things over the last few months.

Obviously you can't buy her all these things, or afford them lol but just try to think about what things she likes, what things she talks about, what her main interests are etc.

Don't buy a "typical girl" gift. Things like those baskets of bath things, makeup etc she'll be nice and say thank you but no one really likes them T_T

Cute things are always chock full of win!!!
I'm 20 and if I would want a gift I'd have to say some delicious tea in various tastes or some Dim Sung, cute things do but I'm happy with anything
I would hate it if a guy gave me like 5 pressents for ym birthday, I'd rather have one good thing and not a basket full it makes me feel kind of guilty even to recieve a lot of gifts

btw whats this Build a bear =< we dont have that kind of thing here
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 08:49   Link #80
AceD
See You En' Tee
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Age: 27
am guessing build a bear is...a place where they make a teddy bear?

lol just a guess, no idea either, not from usa
__________________
.
AceD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.