AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Macross

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 52 40.31%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 31.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 12.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 7.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.88%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.55%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-02, 11:20   Link #281
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't think it's possible for them to adapt against the garness of Ozma and Garby.
Old 2008-08-02, 11:28   Link #282
MFSxA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
That's what I'm thinking and Alto's thoughts were nothing like that. They really have a lot of work to do to make any ending work out of the 2 girls atm. Honestly it feels to me like they are setting up a for a second season. If it's just 25 episodes... and considering what relationship seems to be the focus for the next 3 episodes... what lines from the promo haven't been said.. well I'll type up a bigger post in the speculation thread...
2 seasons long, that'd be long. Then again the past series were also 30+ episodes I think.

I wonder though, if there ever is a second season, perhaps the author will advance the characters in ages - no more kid looking Ranka or at least change how she looks...lol I remember the episode in Ah My Goddess when Skuld suddenly turned into a young woman.

The original macross used time skips, m7 didn't though. Young woman like Ranka...with fangs, now that's something interesting. I guess we'll see as the series unravel.
Old 2008-08-02, 11:31   Link #283
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
They cannot bend *all* the laws of physics, canīt they?
Are you saying that a knife is stronger than a nuke?
Old 2008-08-02, 11:32   Link #284
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
If the Vajra managed to adapt to reaction bombs I don't see why they can't adapt to a knife...
They can, it'll just take them some time (they haven't yet because it's not often someone's daft enough to use a knife). After that, they'll have to resort to other means, such as:
- choker hold with the VF.
- insecticide spray. In space!
- pineapple projectiles.
Old 2008-08-02, 11:34   Link #285
magnuskn

Quote:
Are you saying that a knife is stronger than a nuke?
I can swallow that the Vajra can somehow absorb the heat and, what do I know, redirect the shock wave.

But the general principle of how a knife works, separating the molecules by a concentrated application of kinetic energy on a limited area, is a bit too basic for me to circumvent with technobabble.

Eh, in the end who cares? Itīs science fiction, we accept space travel easily enough.
Old 2008-08-02, 11:35   Link #286
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFSxA View Post
2 seasons long, that'd be long. Then again the past series were also 30+ episodes I think.

I wonder though, if there ever is a second season, perhaps the author will advance the characters in ages - no more kid looking Ranka or at least change how she looks...lol I remember the episode in Ah My Goddess when Skuld suddenly turned into a young woman.

The original macross used time skips, m7 didn't though. Young woman like Ranka...with fangs, now that's something interesting. I guess we'll see as the series unravel.
Well if they go with a second season I think a time skip will come into play, a more mature Ranka, Sheryl the fighter pilot.. no fighter ace! As for Alto... maybe he goes MIA at the end of this series?

I just hope a second season if it happens is at least planned and isn't a reaction to the popularity of the show...
Old 2008-08-02, 11:37   Link #287
magnuskn

Quote:
Well if they go with a second season I think a time skip will come into play, a more mature Ranka, Sheryl the fighter pilot.. no fighter ace! As for Alto... maybe he goes MIA at the end of this series?

I just hope a second season if it happens is at least planned and isn't a reaction to the popularity of the show...
Even if it were, I trust the writers to come up with something suitable.

And your scenario sounds pretty plausible.
Old 2008-08-02, 11:55   Link #288
ipernorris

Quote:
I can swallow that the Vajra can somehow absorb the heat and, what do I know, redirect the shock wave.

But the general principle of how a knife works, separating the molecules by a concentrated application of kinetic energy on a limited area, is a bit too basic for me to circumvent with technobabble.

Eh, in the end who cares? Itīs science fiction, we accept space travel easily enough.
So you're actually convinced a knife is stronger than a nuke?
I think it's just a matter of time for Vajra to develop some other armor layer made for the knife... Anyway there is another problem: in episode 17 it is stated that Vajra trasmits all of the data regarding the weapons they encounter in real time to all of their collective. That data must be elaborated in order to develop strategies and materials to counter the various weapons: so there must be some intelligent centre in the collective. It's the mothership most likely... motherships to be more precise...
If two or three motherships appear now, with the following fleet, Frontier is doomed... unless you want to take down a thing like that with a mere knife.
Old 2008-08-02, 12:04   Link #289
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
No shock wave in space. Then again, I have no idea how reaction weapons work. Nukes would just irradiate their surroundings.

Quote:
If it can defeat the kinetic energy of bullets, why not that of knives?
Old 2008-08-02, 12:06   Link #290
MFSxA

Quote:

Well if Sheryl becomes I pilot, I just hope her skill level or growth isn't equated to the Jammingbirds in M7.

Yeah quick reactions to popularity and making the buck may cause problems, especially when every thing is rushed with minor if not incomplete thought to the story. Let's hope, if ever there is a second season, that it'd be good.

MIA or gone off to somewhere or a situation to such effect, would be a good excuse if only to leave the romance open for resolution in season 2.

I just hope he resolves the romance somewhere, whether it be in this season or in another. I'm a sucker for romance stories.
Old 2008-08-02, 12:11   Link #291
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If it can defeat the kinetic energy of bullets, why not that of knives?
Because a knife has an edge, in this case with whatever enhancements they put on it on top?

Geeze, Iīm not being serious. The reaction weapons should not be able to be survived, but itīs sci-fi, so just lets roll with it.
Old 2008-08-02, 12:15   Link #292
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If two or three motherships appear now, with the following fleet, Frontier is doomed... unless you want to take down a thing like that with a mere knife.
Chuck Norris can slice a Vajra mothership in half, like a hot knife through butter !!!!!!! and that's using bread knife !!!!!
Old 2008-08-02, 12:25   Link #293
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Still waiting for delicious fansubs.
Old 2008-08-02, 12:28   Link #294
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
So there is even a OP dedicated to Ranka now, oh how the fad streamed.
Old 2008-08-02, 12:44   Link #295
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

LOVE this ep, definitely a 10+ for me. Fire bomber music was great. It's a great use of M7 it clearly puts Ozma in a different generation than the teenagers.

Basically for me it's like listening to Bruce Springsteen. Great rock that I listened to when I was a kid.

Luca... dam that dude needs to quit being a wuss and figure out what he wants to do.

Sheryl! Not many lines but she spoke more with her look than with words.

I'd be pissed off if I'm NUNS or SMS. Why the hell did Brera know about the adaptability of the Vajra and not let the Brass know! That's something that must be disclosed. Man if I'm an officer in NUNS I'm freaking suspicious of the Galaxy survivors now and why Leon seems to be with holding critical info.

I think someone else mentioned but we've got confirmation that AI-kun is a baby vajra.

great ep can't wait to see how the gang get out of this pickle. My thoughts from the preview is that they're going to try to fold the whole fleet beyond the reach of the Vajra or something of that nature.
Old 2008-08-02, 12:50   Link #296
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
great ep can't wait to see how the gang get out of this pickle. My thoughts from the preview is that they're going to try to fold the whole fleet beyond the reach of the Vajra or something of that nature.
Not to shoot down your theory but Macross Frontier is trying to make a long fold using fold quartzs most likely, which grews within the Vajra's body. It's obvious the Vajra can also make similiar folding so it's useless.
Anyway if Vajra were real I would like one inside my car...
Old 2008-08-02, 12:55   Link #297
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I am so happy that Ozma didn't die, I really expected him to die by looking at other Macross series. Though his death would have created interesting scenario for the series, then again it would lead to more focus on Ranka and she had enough screen time. Fire Bomber's musics was great and I thought it fit perfectly, and really how old has Fire Bomber's musics became for Alto and Michael to call it old. Now on Vajra being able to withstood nukes and bullets but being able to killed by nuke, maybe Ozma and others hit its vital spot or something? Since Ozama first ripped leg of the Vajra and shot bunch of bullets at it, though I rater see some pin-point barrier punch rather than a knife. Next episode lets see more Sheryl and more development for love triangle .
Old 2008-08-02, 13:02   Link #298
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Not to shoot down your theory but Macross Frontier is trying to make a long fold using fold quartzs most likely, which grews within the Vajra's body. It's obvious the Vajra can also make similiar folding so it's useless.
Anyway if Vajra were real I would like one inside my car...
Needs a picture of Ai-kun, captioned "I'm in ur car, eatin ur upholstery".
Old 2008-08-02, 13:42   Link #299
Wesley84

Proper love and care, along with suspect nourshiment will make Ai-kun the series end-boss. Heard it here first.
Old 2008-08-02, 13:43   Link #300
Westlo
Lets be reality

Are you calling Nanase's breasts suspect?
Closed Thread