AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Old 2008-07-30, 17:53   Link #21
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

I'd say that currently, bonney won't, neither will hawkins (just a hunch, he will get captured)
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 21:32   Link #22
chitgoks

wow! kizaru's arm was blown off by apoo's music
could it be the kizaru here is also a pacifista? or well.. could be just imagining

man.. vegapunk can create his own army and rule the world since kuma was able to use kizaru's df ability for his own
chitgoks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 22:03   Link #23
Vanitas
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Actually this talk about Shichibukai and Supernovas reminds me of how some people a while back had the idea of some of the Supernovas possibly becoming Shichibukai, depending on the results of the Whitebeard battle. I admit that I think it's a pretty interesting idea, since it would give us a better idea of which Supernovas will actually become enemies of Luffy and co. in the future....
Personally Kidd always came to mind as an antagonist, so it wouldn't surprise me if he's made a Shichibukai if say something happens to Kuma or a different Shichibukai.
Vanitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 23:11   Link #24
shankss
CP10

well my top 5 supernova list

1) Kidd : As far as I know there are endless capabilities with magnetism by metals around the environment.He just weaponized and psuhed back some projectiles but Im sure he can create himself metalic shields and other kinda weapons to protect himself against non-metal enemies like Luffy.

2) Hawkins : Not sure what this weirdo can do at his scarecrow like form but as far as I see its great.I wonder why Hawkins didnt redirect the incoming damage to Kizaru himself, It would've been insant death maybe even for him.But guess Kizaru is a logia type after all.

3) Drake : Unexpected.A dinosaur sounds funny but after I saw what Lucci can pull with some kitty devil fruit, Zoan's df's making me worried.I also liked that he's aware of everything that is going on around.

4) Law : With that ability its not so hard to kill anyone he encounters.I wonder what would've happen if he tries to take on Kizaru.

5) Apoo : I didnt like him even from the beginnig for some reason but I liked how he rushed on Kizaru to save Hawkins.I thought he was gonna stay there until the very end of the fight.Nothing known about him but dancing explosion is good enough for me so far.Thou Im sure Kizaru will just stay there unharmed with a "oh that is so weird"

Not even mentioning Luffy.He better prepare a gear 4 soon and come up with something interesting
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 01:02   Link #25
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Good chapter overall peoples.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 04:13   Link #26
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I gotta hand it to Oda he knows how to handle these all out battles. Some one else should take a hint.

Kizaru seems to be outnumbered by all of these supernovas, but i don't think they will be enough to force a retreat.

The more I see Hawkins, i like this guy. I don't know if it's his attitude or something else.
Old 2008-07-31, 04:34   Link #27
patnam

There are many people involved the great battle in just one island:
Straw Hat Pirates
9 Supernovas
Kizaru
Fake Kuma(s)?
Sentoumaru (who is this?)
Marines
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 07:25   Link #28
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
2) Hawkins : Not sure what this weirdo can do at his scarecrow like form but as far as I see its great.I wonder why Hawkins didnt redirect the incoming damage to Kizaru himself, It would've been insant death maybe even for him.But guess Kizaru is a logia type after all.
If you consider "Vodoo" as a basis for his ability he would need to amke a "connection" to the target he redirects the damage to by nailig some of his hair or sth from his body to a Vodoo doll. Since Hawkins doesn't have sth like that from Kizaru he can't redirect the damage to him. Just my guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I wonder if he can control which things are going to shrink and which not, or if works automatically. In the latter case, he can never be hit seriously by anything or anyone, because everything is going to shrink... though he wont be able to eat, since he can't touch anything without shrinking it.
Never thought about that. No I think he can controll what is shrinked. But still it means he is virtually invulnerable except for backstab attacks. capone is more Powerful then I thought.
But What happens if this guy gets hit by a Seastone. Do alle the objects inside of him regrow to original size? Oaaaaah Gross
Old 2008-07-31, 07:52   Link #29
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Imadori View Post
But What happens if this guy gets hit by a Seastone. Do alle the objects inside of him regrow to original size? Oaaaaah Gross
I thought the same thing in the 508 thread. It would not be a pretty sight.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 08:51   Link #30
marvelB

Ha ha, I just saw an image of Apoo playing his piano teeth and playing one of his arms like a trumpet. It looks to me like Apoo has a music-based DF power after all (maybe it's the "on-air on-air" fruit, like the name of his crew?). Man, he's so awesome. He'd make for a great buddy (or enemy) for Brooke, since both pirates are musicians.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 09:57   Link #31
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I get the impression, that those Kumas are going down too fast.
If this is the WG newest development, then the pirates are going to win soon.
Well even with some of the strongest attacks from the strongest Strawhats hitting the Pacifista at once it's still getting up to fight. So I'd say they're more durable than expected (at least what I expected.)

But if it's armor was damaged enough they might be close to putting it down. Then there's still the other two. Though if Law's power bypass durability and Kidd can control him, they and their crew might have an easier time. And given how Drake was appearantly able to just bite through the armor and take the laser attack head on, he should be able to take on one, at least with some help.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 18:27   Link #32
RPNS

I have to say One Piece never fails to be great.

I always leave this as my last read just to end my manga week on a high note. With the way Naruto and Bleach are going I really need One Piece now more than ever.
RPNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 19:28   Link #33
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

True true. Bleach and Naruto just can't get out of their boring routines where One Piece on the other hand never seithes to amaze and surprise me.
Old 2008-07-31, 21:07   Link #34
marvelB

About Hawkins... as much as I like his strawman/scarecrow ability, I still can't shake the feeling that he'll end up being one of the first "marked" Supernovas. The fact that he constantly predicts his own survival yet was nearly killed by Kizaru in this chapter is an ominous enough hint for me. I could be wrong, but I still wouldn't be too surprised if the "magician" fails to reach the New World either way....
Old 2008-08-01, 08:57   Link #35
marvelB

Pardon the double-post, but... THE FULL CHAPTER (plus translation) HAS ARRIVED!

So it turns out that Apoo's musical attack sliced off one of Kizaru's arms before he gets blown up. Speaking of that, Kizaru's reaction to losing a limb suggests to me that he's not a Logia after all since he actually seems to grunt in pain (though some will probably think otherwise, especially seeing how he dodged Hawkin's attack), though he'll obviously have some sort of method to reattaching his arm next chapter. Well anyway, Apoo's still awesome for actually getting a good hit on an Admiral.

And man... poor Urouge. He seems to be getting the worst beatdown out of everybody by far (too bad, because I loved seeing him beating the crap out of Kuma C). As far as Drake goes, we still don't clearly see him in his dino-form, but I'm now starting to consider the possibility that he may not have a T-Rex fruit, but a velociraptor one instead (it's still awesome, either way). So... yeah, Paifistas can bleed, which proves once and for all that they're NOT robots (though there's still the mystery of how they all have Kuma's body build along with Kizaru's laser attack)....

And finally, it looks like that earlier spoiler summary was mistaken about the insides of Kuma B being shown when the monster trio thrashed him. It was still awesome seeing their combined attack though. Heh, if Luffy's using his Gear techniques more freely now, then this must definitely mean that a new power-up is in store for him soon. Maybe Gear 4 will somehow be used with Haki....?

Well, I eagerly await info on the next chapter now.... hopefully, we'll get the return of Kidd and Law's crews, as well as Sentoumaru springing into action.

Edit: Oh yeah... I noticed that Kuma C actually talked also. I guess when this storyline gets animated the various "clones" will have different voices to make it more obvious thatt hey're not the original Kuma...

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-08-01 at 09:09.
Old 2008-08-01, 10:23   Link #36
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So it turns out that Apoo's musical attack sliced off one of Kizaru's arms before he gets blown up. Speaking of that, Kizaru's reaction to losing a limb suggests to me that he's not a Logia after all since he actually seems to grunt in pain (though some will probably think otherwise, especially seeing how he dodged Hawkin's attack), though he'll obviously have some sort of method to reattaching his arm next chapter. Well anyway, Apoo's still awesome for actually getting a good hit on an Admiral.
I'm not sure if that was a grunt of pain... just surprise at his arm suddenly being sliced.

Apoo's remote attacks via sound/music are quite unique (though a little too freaky) and I liked the music note shaped exclamation marks

Quote:
And man... poor Urouge. He seems to be getting the worst beatdown out of everybody by far (too bad, because I loved seeing him beating the crap out of Kuma C).
I suspect he may be the type that returns back what he's attacked with - ie the higher the attack on him, the higher the return attack. If not, he's probably out for the count after being kicked through 3 buildings.

Quote:
As far as Drake goes, we still don't clearly see him in his dino-form, but I'm now starting to consider the possibility that he may not have a T-Rex fruit, but a velociraptor one instead (it's still awesome, either way). So... yeah, Paifistas can bleed, which proves once and for all that they're NOT robots (though there's still the mystery of how they all have Kuma's body build along with Kizaru's laser attack)....
Looked more like T-Rex to me.... but whatever.

Will be interesting to find out how the Pacifistas were able to copy Kizaru's laser. If it's possibly to copy any DF power that could be rather freaky.

Quote:
And finally, it looks like that earlier spoiler summary was mistaken about the insides of Kuma B being shown when the monster trio thrashed him.
On page 5 we don't see the "insides" but we can see the metal part in the right shoulder. That's probably what the spoiler (partially miss-translated) referred to.
kari-no-sugata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 13:58   Link #37
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post

I suspect he may be the type that returns back what he's attacked with - ie the higher the attack on him, the higher the return attack. If not, he's probably out for the count after being kicked through 3 buildings.
That's actually a cool idea. The more damage he takes the more powerfull Urough can strike as long as he can withstand the pain. That would be a cool power, since you would always battle with your own life at risk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Looked more like T-Rex to me.... but whatever.
Who cares? Dinosaure Fruit. AWSOME
Old 2008-08-01, 14:31   Link #38
marvelB

So basically, Urouge would be a human Impact/Reject Dial, eh? That WOULD be a pretty awesome power. Plus, Urouge certainly seems to have the body build to withstand the pain he returns to his opponent as well. As for Drake, I just guessed he may be a raptor since he didn't look like he was in beastman mode when he attacked the clone, but in the "complete" beast mode. If that's so, I'd expect Drake to be a LOT bigger than Kuma if he's a T-Rex Zoan (at least as big as a giant), but... eh, we still haven't seen everything yet. I mean, we haven't even got the names of these guys' powers yet....

And I just realized something: Apoo's ability is yet another homage to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure! See, in Part 4, there's this Stand called Echoes which had a very similar ability to attack with sound. He would create sound effects which would have different actions (lke for instance, a "whooshing" SFX would make a strong blast of wind, a "boing" sound effect would make objects springy, etc.). Considering that Jojo is also a series that has characters with very unique powers, I have absolutely no objections with Oda borrowing ideas from it.
Old 2008-08-01, 16:00   Link #39
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Haha, Apoo rocks! Not only was he curious as ever, but decided to join in and help the other captains eventhough he didn't have to. Perhaps he felt that he might be next and took his chances fighting with the rest. He sure has some weird powers, indeed music related as long suspected.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-01, 22:08   Link #40
Monkey D. Luffy

Looking at the panel where Kizaru had his hand cut off, it looks like a flash a light dispersed from where he was cut. So let's say that if he is a Logia type Devil Fruit user, it makes alot of sense that Apoo's musical sound waves actually managed to cut through him if he truly has a light/flash type of ability.

Also i'm a little surprised at the Pacifista since they seem to be stronger than I gave them credit for even when we were led to know that they were very powerful. The one facing Luffy and the crew seems to have gotten some damage in and the one facing the other Supernova's also looks to be holding his ground, I wonder how Kidd, Law and Killer are doing. I think this could be attributed to that unknown material that they seem to be equipped with.

I've noticed that the Pacifista only seem to speak when they acknowledge an enemy, maybe that hints into how they are actually built and programmed since even if they aren't fully artificial their mindset actually might be. Drake saying that Dr. Vegapunk reproduced Kizaru's laser into the Pacifista is very interesting. Maybe Dr. Vegapunk was able to recreate the means and essentials needed to create the laser into the Pacifista and was able to produce it, it's probably something more complex than that.

Also Kizaru is making himself look even tremendous than he already is, even if Hawkins' himself said there was a 100 Percent chance of defeat it was still kind of shocking to see how easily he could of disposed of Hawkins (if his crew were correct in their assumptions).

Last edited by Monkey D. Luffy; 2008-08-01 at 22:35.
Monkey D. Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote