AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-06-02, 17:50   Link #2021
LeaD36
LeaDfactor
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hungary, Budapest
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Naruto can't even compete, and bleach's prolly been in the dbl digits for a while now, atleast in the story, and it's just my wishful thinking for reallife aswell =/
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 17:59   Link #2022
FDW
AH.com Ambassador
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
Naruto can't even compete, and bleach's prolly been in the dbl digits for a while now, atleast in the story, and it's just my wishful thinking for reallife aswell =/
My guess is that Naruto finished quite a awhile back in the story (IOTL Naruto is already nearing it's conclusion as is), though what you say about Bleach is probably true (though I think Bleach is a bit higher).
__________________
Blame Thande!
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 19:43   Link #2023
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Bleach got cancelled before Naruto ended.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 22:20   Link #2024
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
Well, latest chapter is out.

Spoiler for 134:
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 01:55   Link #2025
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
He's going to end PCP.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 02:25   Link #2026
Freeter
i see baka people
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: in the club
Yoshida, you devilish bastard Too bad Nakai has the willpower of a slug

Although PCP is the obvious target, Eiji did say he would end a manga that he hated, and he flat out trashed Natural for being 'boring' (plus all the insinuations that Iwase isn't getting anywhere with the story and that it should just conclude), so that might be the one to get the boot.

Oh well, I'll be waiting for more Hiramaru antics in the meantime. Dude should make his own workout video
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=42380&dateline=119337  1797
Now: JoJo, Barakamon, HNYMT, P4G, YnS, AoHaru, Sabagebu, Nozaki, Tokyo Ghoul, SAO2, Glasslip, Ilya
Next: Shinmai Maou, NNB s2

Freeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 02:38   Link #2027
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
The series that was beating Eiji Niizuma's "Crow" before the most recent chapters was Eiichiro Oda's "One Piece".
O how do you know?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 02:55   Link #2028
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Yoshida, you devilish bastard Too bad Nakai has the willpower of a slug

Although PCP is the obvious target, Eiji did say he would end a manga that he hated, and he flat out trashed Natural for being 'boring' (plus all the insinuations that Iwase isn't getting anywhere with the story and that it should just conclude), so that might be the one to get the boot.

Oh well, I'll be waiting for more Hiramaru antics in the meantime. Dude should make his own workout video
That, and he doesn't seem to care much for Ashirogi Muto anymore, which would imply he's neither for or against them, so I doubt he'll be aiming to end their manga. On the other hand, his bashing Iwase and +Natural could just be a red herring and he really does intend to end PCP, but not because he hates it, but because he wants them to become even more successful and create a manga that deserves an anime and no one can argue against an adaptation, and ending PCP is the only way to truly motivate them to do so.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 03:10   Link #2029
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
They can't get another manga though, at least not in JUMP;hadn't the editor-in-chief said that if PCP gets canned, it will be their third and last axe?
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 03:37   Link #2030
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: The Great Justice
Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
They can't get another manga though, at least not in JUMP;hadn't the editor-in-chief said that if PCP gets canned, it will be their third and last axe?
That was only for the first three months of PCP's serialization. The editor-in-chief said that if they can't prove that PCP couldn't be popular for its first 20 chapters or so, it would get axed and they wouldn't be given another chance. But PCP's held on for much longer than that. If it gets axed now, I'm pretty sure the editor would give them another chance. Also, it wouldn't be Ashirogi Muto's fault for getting axed because they are still really popular in Jump and he even stood up for them when the copycat thief was making a media appearance. That being said, I doubt he would even allow Nizuma to end PCP so easily when it's doing so well for both him (the editor) and the authors.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 07:51   Link #2031
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Stanford, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Well, latest chapter is out.

Spoiler for 134:
It doesn't make sense - if he wanted to end it, he would just end it, it's his own manga. He does not need to use his "cancellation clause".

I think it's either PCP or Natural.

The argument for PCP is since it will never get an anime, and if it does not, it cannot compete with Crow. Even Road Racer is already doing better than PCP due to having an anime.

The argument for Natural is that he is already bored of it and it will be hard to convince Iwase to change the story with her pride and all, so it will be easier to just cancel it.
__________________
Darklord_bg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 08:47   Link #2032
Tri-ring
The Censor Bat
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Land of the rising sun
The only problem is the publisher will not cancel a series that is at height of it's popularity.
Eiji on the other hand knows when to draw the curtain and not over due his stay.
Most of the manga on Shonen Jump like Dragon ball and/or Hokuto no ken made this mistake and I believe the author of Bakuman is trying to point this out.
__________________
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 12:11   Link #2033
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
Yoshida-shi proves once again he's the best editor in this manga. He knows how to exploit motivate his proteges. If anyone can make Nakai slim down, it's him! It's going to be very hard though.

So, it's finally time for Eiji to use his cancellation card. They talked about +Natural so damn much in this chapter that I'm pretty sure it's a red herring. On the other hand, it'd be very much of a dick move to cancel PCP. It's doing well and it apparently has a decent following, who is he to decide whether or not it's good enough to keep getting serialized?
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 13:55   Link #2034
KLGChaos
The Shermain
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: NY
Age: 35
I think that if Eini uses his power to end Crow, it would be a really dumb move by the mangakas. One of the main draws of the manga, outside of Ashirogi getting an anime, was waiting for them to finally beat Eiji at his best and become the number one mangakas in WSJ. If Crow ends, it takes away the goal that people have been waiting for them to reach and takes away one of the selling points of the manga. It'd be like the final boss in an action manga giving up long before the heroes reached him.
__________________
KLGChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 13:57   Link #2035
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
If he ends Crow, it'll only be to come back stronger.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 15:28   Link #2036
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Haha, Niizuma talking about Natural having the same old boring plot, just beating an enemy then a stronger one, then another one, etc.

Are you listening, Kubo?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 15:54   Link #2037
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
If he ends Crow, it'll only be to come back stronger.
True. I'd say there's a big chance he'll end Crow. Ending +Natural would just be obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Haha, Niizuma talking about Natural having the same old boring plot, just beating an enemy then a stronger one, then another one, etc.

Are you listening, Kubo?
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 17:15   Link #2038
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Haha, Niizuma talking about Natural having the same old boring plot, just beating an enemy then a stronger one, then another one, etc.

Are you listening, Kubo?
I thought the same way too when I read that. Though I've stopped reading Bleach since January.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 23:23   Link #2039
FDW
AH.com Ambassador
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
O how do you know?
I don't know, I'm just applying known facts in the series (That "Crow" was #2 until recently, so something had to be beating it) and known facts in real life (I've heard from various sources that Oda wants One Piece to go for either 1000 chapters or 100 volumes, I forgot which). So putting two and two together, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that One Piece is probably still running in the "present day" of Bakuman.
__________________
Blame Thande!
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-04, 04:22   Link #2040
Frailty
Half-yōkai
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pearl of the Orient Seas
Age: 21
Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So, it's finally time for Eiji to use his cancellation card. They talked about +Natural so damn much in this chapter that I'm pretty sure it's a red herring.
same thing for the cancellation card
for all we know, Eiji could be talking about something else to the chief editor
__________________

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manga, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.