AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-07-08, 06:49   Link #2121
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Pretty much. And it's the year 2016 in the manga right now, as well, so it also takes place several years in the future.

And I just realized that not only was Eiji working on two series, but also drawing over a hundred pages for a new manga during this whole time he's been number one. Yet, everyone else, putting their best efforts in on only ONE project still couldn't catch him. It's sad and a bit hard to swallow.
Exactly, this is why I'm disliking Eiji now. He's way too perfect to be a realistic character. All the others struggle with one series and he pulls that off? I'm also wondering if anyone ever had the number 1 rank for 20 weeks in a row at all.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 09:28   Link #2122
Tactics
Oath Sign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Exactly, this is why I'm disliking Eiji now. He's way too perfect to be a realistic character. All the others struggle with one series and he pulls that off? I'm also wondering if anyone ever had the number 1 rank for 20 weeks in a row at all.
The author still wants to keep this stories as a fiction.

Actually, I'm quite glad with the fact that Eiji can perform his true nature as a fiction character in this chapter ( seriously, a boy gave all of his life for manga since his childhood )

World domination through manga.
I wonder what'll he do next.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 09:36   Link #2123
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
The author still wants to keep this stories as a fiction.

Actually, I'm quite glad with the fact that Eiji can perform his true nature as a fiction character in this chapter ( seriously, a boy gave all of his life for manga since his childhood )

World domination through manga.
I wonder what'll he do next.
I wouldn't mind the fact he kept up 1st place for so long, but I would've liked it much better if Eiji had shown that he was struggling a lot more than he already did. Being first place isn't easy even with his talent, especially when he has other supposedly talented mangaka right behind him like Ashirogi Muto. Instead, he was able to whip out mountains of manga material that he made WHILE he was maintaining pole position for around 5 months straight. To me, that's just making him out to be impossible as someone to beat. Like I said, too perfect.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 12:43   Link #2124
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

lots of writers have stories that they write that never see the light of day. i don't think it's un-realistic. any writer will have stories that they want to write and thay have to put them on paper. it may just be a scene or a chapter or a character or a full novel or screenplay.

glad to see Eiji is still the final goal. it would hev been boring if Muto had beaten Eiji with PCP. it doesn't quite have that epic feel to it.

and Eiji is not just a Genius but also a very hard worker. having all that material proves it.
Old 2011-07-08, 13:03   Link #2125
Sol Falling

Yeah. That's not really 5 months of extra material he's built up there. It's more like 7 years, 'cause aside from Natural+ I think Crow has been the sole manga Eiji has been working on this whole time. A couple hundred pages honestly ain't much for someone of Eiji's level of output/productivity, if you think about all the downtime he had before he started to get serious with the "make Crow #1" thing.
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 60/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 13:29   Link #2126
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I get where the backlash is coming from but I think it's still consistent with Eiji's character.

He's always been portrayed as a boy who's a savant with manga so the fact that he outproduces other authors and draw a lot of "test pieces" in his spare time is not that surprising. Which is why he should totally hook up with Mashiro was so happy he got to know fellow authors whom he could connect. Basically he draws, draws, and draws, no social life no nothing, and unlike most authors he rarely sat down and thought over and revised his works until he started getting serious about ending Crow, so he was drawing a whole lot.

Remember that it's still Jump and Eiji is still a pure shounen manga author. The romance challenge arc showed Eiji's weakness pretty well. Plus it was never said that he could have written anything like Ashirogi Muto's "Money and Intelligence," or a gag comedy like Hiramaru's. Perhaps it could have been emphasized more that he's not exactly the God of Manga (even Bakuman can't really push that through without making a lot of people in Japan facepalm in disbelief: Osamu Tezuka is that god, period), but I think this chapter is more of an "Eiji's triumph" kind of thing.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 13:50   Link #2127
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It's an alternate universe where One Piece ended a while ago and so did Naruto and other easily recognizable series leaving convenient openings for these young mangaka to fill the spaces.

There's your explanation.
2016?

ROFL, I bet Luffy still couldn't find One piece in 2016 with 200 extra chapters added on~
Old 2011-07-08, 14:58   Link #2128
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
I'm starting to dislike Eiji quite a bit now. How is it even realistic that in the midst of drawing two series and writing the plot for one of them, he was able to create heaps of other pages of a possible future series? To me, it smacks of arrogance in the belief that whatever he writes next will get serialized. Granted, it probably will, but a bit more humility on his part would be appreciated.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say there. Nizuma draws compulsively. All the time. He'd do it even if he was the only one in the world who liked his stories. When you or I get a story idea, most of the time, we'll promptly forget it. He, on the other hand, will draw. All those pages mean that, during those seven years, not even he could be obsessed enough with his own published works to think of nothing else. It's not like the other authors didn't have their own distractions (except, maybe, Fukuda). The difference is that while the other guys' distractions were their love lives, his was drawing even more manga.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 15:23   Link #2129
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not sure what you're trying to say there. Nizuma draws compulsively. All the time. He'd do it even if he was the only one in the world who liked his stories. When you or I get a story idea, most of the time, we'll promptly forget it. He, on the other hand, will draw. All those pages mean that, during those seven years, not even he could be obsessed enough with his own published works to think of nothing else. It's not like the other authors didn't have their own distractions (except, maybe, Fukuda). The difference is that while the other guys' distractions were their love lives, his was drawing even more manga.
That's a good point. Niizuma doesn't really have any obvious hobbies or a love life. He's never had a side story about him doing other stuff.

It's about time he got that vacation.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 17:11   Link #2130
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
That's a good point. Niizuma doesn't really have any obvious hobbies or a love life. He's never had a side story about him doing other stuff.

It's about time he got that vacation.
Where he'll no doubt increase his skill by drawing whatever strange or impressive sight he sees.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-08, 17:48   Link #2131
Excelion

It felt kind of like a final resolution for the Eiji character to me (the whole "we'll always be rivals no matter what" thing). I don't think Ashirogi Muto will ever surpass Eiji......which is fine because the ultimate goal in this manga is to get an anime, not beat Eiji or become #1 in Jump. The cancel card was also a big mainstay in this series..and I do feel it was used effectively.

This series continues to be unpredictable in a lot of ways, which I like, but I was a bit disappointed in that they'll probably never beat Eiji now after all this buildup (unless this manga goes on for a lot more time, which I'm not really feeling). Right now things just feel empty without Eiji to aspire to and the cancel card now used...and nothing at all lately on the Miho front.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-09, 21:57   Link #2132
StevOmaru
Thats So CA$H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelion View Post
It felt kind of like a final resolution for the Eiji character to me (the whole "we'll always be rivals no matter what" thing). I don't think Ashirogi Muto will ever surpass Eiji......which is fine because the ultimate goal in this manga is to get an anime, not beat Eiji or become #1 in Jump. The cancel card was also a big mainstay in this series..and I do feel it was used effectively.

This series continues to be unpredictable in a lot of ways, which I like, but I was a bit disappointed in that they'll probably never beat Eiji now after all this buildup (unless this manga goes on for a lot more time, which I'm not really feeling). Right now things just feel empty without Eiji to aspire to and the cancel card now used...and nothing at all lately on the Miho front.
Well Eiji did mention to Ashirogi Muto that with Crow out of the way he will now attempt to create the "greatest manga in Jump history" so I suppose there is still room for the series to continue. Although if PCP can't even beat Crow after using a center color to its full extent and Eiji ends up making an even more popular manga, how the hell is anyway including Ashirogi Muto suppose to surpass him? Looks more like an impossible dream than anything now.

I wonder if Saiko is still trying to improve his drawing speed so he can make two series at once. . . that might be interesting too.
StevOmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-10, 09:20   Link #2133
Xagzan

I loved Hiramau's comment "As soon as possible!"

And Kaya, honey, the bun doesn't do you justice. Still, what a fox Takagi got for a wife.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 04:06   Link #2134
Lexxus
No you don't

Is there a or what chapter in Bakuman on which it explained why lead color page, cover or color page are not ranked in WSJ? I don't seem to remember if there was one or what chapter it was.

my anime list kuroneko my manga list
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 10:15   Link #2135
blue_sora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Is there a or what chapter in Bakuman on which it explained why lead color page, cover or color page are not ranked in WSJ? I don't seem to remember if there was one or what chapter it was.
Eh, there was? I don't remember it all. Do you mean chapters which get color pages or the color pages themselves? I don't understand the question.

Chapter 140 focuses on Iwase. When Saikou said he's going to see Iwase, I thought there would be potential romance between Saikou and Iwase But she really need to stop depending on Takagi, he's already a married man. It seems she still likes Takagi.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 10:53   Link #2136
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Indeed she still likes that fool~ He was the catalyst to get into writing manga's.

We need more romance with Iwase, either with Takagi or someone else

Iwase was very cute in this chapter!
Old 2011-07-14, 11:08   Link #2137
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥

for a moment, I thought that Iwase is going to become Azuki's rival.
Old 2011-07-14, 11:08   Link #2138
Sol Falling

I agree, Iwase is cute. I hope this leads up to her doing something awesome, though. It's just such a waste of her character if she doesn't otherwise.
HappinessCharge Precure 100/5 :: Stardust Crusaders 80/5 :: Mushishi S2 90/5 :: Akuma no Riddle: 15/5 :: Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san 24/5 :: GochiUsa 33/5 :: Soul Eater NOT! 18/5 :: Love Live! S2 80/5
Summer: Sailor Moon Crystal 20/5 :: Hanayamata 30/5 :: Locodol 30/5 :: Yama no Susume 60/5 :: Momo Kyun Sword 11/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Yuri Precure otaku manga: Shinozaki-san ki wo ota shika ni
Awesome shoujo manga: Last Game
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 11:58   Link #2139
lordshadowisle

Don't really know what's changed, her character design doesn't seem that different, yet somehow her character feels a bit softer in this chapter? Certainly an improvement over her original over-competitive and aggressive self.
lordshadowisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 14:59   Link #2140
Somnus
Kissing the sky

Poor Iwase, she took a real beating this chapter. I wonder if this'll be a stand-alone chapter, or is the first step into the next arc?

As usual, Eiji rocks.

Also, good on ya Hiramaru! Your small moments of happiness amuse us all! (And every other moment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I loved Hiramau's comment "As soon as possible!"

And Kaya, honey, the bun doesn't do you justice. Still, what a fox Takagi got for a wife.
Last but not least...this. So very much this.

I guess Miho is the only one that hasn't appeared in a while now?
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, shounen