AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-14, 09:47   Link #861
Qilin
Romanticist

My thoughts:

Spoiler for latest chapter:

Once an ass, always an ass.
Old 2010-01-14, 09:48   Link #862
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for latest ch.:
Old 2010-01-14, 09:58   Link #863
Nosauz

fitting departure for an ass... seriously, bail on your boss when he needs you the most, act like your gods gift to women when realistically you should have no expecatation and be the fat grateful little prick that you are if a woman was to ever look at you seriously, although the confident attitude didn't really fit nakai I'm glad that loser won't be filling up anymore panels of bakuman.
Old 2010-01-14, 10:07   Link #864
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Where the hell did he pick up that smug attitude in the first place, it's not like he had a chance with any girl...ever!
Old 2010-01-14, 10:26   Link #865
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
fitting departure for an ass... seriously, bail on your boss when he needs you the most, act like your gods gift to women when realistically you should have no expecatation and be the fat grateful little prick that you are if a woman was to ever look at you seriously, although the confident attitude didn't really fit nakai I'm glad that loser won't be filling up anymore panels of bakuman.
He probably will come back, but yes it would be nice never to see that guy again. And that simile of his is so annoying and yet amusing at the same time. Anyways if this was VN it would have been pretty epic bad ending for Nakai.
Old 2010-01-14, 11:07   Link #866
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
He probably will come back, but yes it would be nice never to see that guy again. And that simile of his is so annoying and yet amusing at the same time. Anyways if this was VN it would have been pretty epic bad ending for Nakai.
yea we will, but mostly based on his poll stats I don't think we'll be seeing him in the near future. I was hoping nakai to be a little like kugapi, but alas genshiken is the pinnacle of awesome characters. I mean talk about smug, those are the type of people who should never be employed, given chance after chance to redeem himself he does nothing.
Old 2010-01-14, 17:52   Link #867
Divini
Senpai!

Despite Mashiro shedding light on the good points Nakai had, I myself am on the side of almost everyone else and just can't forgive him. Not only his "thinks he's all that" attitude (which burned him at the end), but he quit his current job before it was done. I don't care how sorry for yourself you feel that's just messed up.

That aside, looking forward to what Mashiro and Shujin will come up with next!
Old 2010-01-14, 19:36   Link #868
Wrath88
Kissing...

Well, pulling out before the job's done is because he might not have wanted to spoil it any further with what he's done. Gotta give him some points for at least realizing how much FAIL he has.

Come to think of it... Tanto would eventually have become something along the lines of TLR, wouldn't it?
Old 2010-01-14, 20:28   Link #869
Frailty
Happy
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Frailty
Nakai owned
period

good chapter, too bad Tanto didn't got serialized

Old 2010-01-14, 22:05   Link #870
lixuelai

I was hoping for AokixNakai early on in the series but after that incident...I am glad he got swept under the rug.
Old 2010-01-14, 23:19   Link #871
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Where the hell did he pick up that smug attitude in the first place, it's not like he had a chance with any girl...ever!
When you have led a pathetic life for 30+ years, a small sudden ray of hope could blind you in illusions. He acted like an ass, but I understand where it came from.

The guy stick to his dream for half his life.
Old 2010-01-15, 00:32   Link #872
Sol Falling

So let's talk about the possibility of Kato and Aoki working together. How do you think they'd get along? I really think not particularly well, actually, despite what might be convenient for general popular sentiment towards Nakai. One discouraged his advances but eventually took him seriously, while the other passively encouraged him but never did. Furthermore, honestly, Nakai treated Aoki much more sleazily than he did Kato. You can kinda think Nakai got what was coming to him, but with regards to these two women's interactions with him, I don't think they really have any common ground. It might be awkward if they actually do end up working together (would possibly throw a wrench in Aoki's 'work only with women' plan as well).
Yuri Kuma Arashi 24/5 :: Kancolle 24/5 :: Koufuku Graffiti 80/5
God-tier yuri oneshot mangaka: Minase Ruruu
Sonohana twitter follow campaign: mikajyo_info :: rewards (anime adaptation if they reach 50000!!)
Exceptional shoujo manga: Last Game
Old 2010-01-15, 01:06   Link #873
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I feel bad for poor Kenichi
Do you mean Takahama? I feel really bad for that guy. He's the kind of guy who did everything on track and by all means should have been on the steady way up, but I haven't seen a single panel since he got serialized in which he wasn't miserable. Makes you hate Nakai more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
So let's talk about the possibility of Kato and Aoki working together. How do you think they'd get along?
I rather want Iwase to be in the picture, though I guess the chemistry among the three would need a bit of work. A girls group would be quite amazing. One of them crushes on Mashiro. The other girl used to crush on Takagi, while the last one basically wants to beat his ass and then marry him.
Old 2010-01-15, 02:32   Link #874
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I meant the manga that got axed, you'd think Miura would have kept at least one series running...now it's just another failure for newbie editor.
If Kato, Aoki and Iwase worked together, they'd talk about Takagi and Mashiro to no extent
Old 2010-01-15, 12:26   Link #875
mammothb
こ…こ…こ…この…バカ犬!!!

Send a message via MSN to mammothb
i hope they somehow manage to work with their first editor again:/
Old 2010-01-15, 12:47   Link #876
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, getting back with Hattori would be a good way to show their true strength, and with his advice and Nijima's judgement, they'd definitely hit #1
Old 2010-01-15, 13:46   Link #877
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Heh, i actually think Tanto failed not because it's not they strong point (which is true) and not because they haven't taken it seriously (which is also true - they concentrated solely on gags, and there is more to good humor than it), but because of constant "MOAR JOKES!!!1111" which resulted in TOO much jokes. Jokes in shonen manga are sugar to gore being salt. You can't have much salt or food will be inedible and usually you can add sugar safely... but there is moment when more sugar = bad, same is with jokes.

PS. Am i only one who find advice about "try new things in last chapters for future manga" advice really stupid? It's what one-shots are for! With such jumping in the end of manga instead of making good and sensible end to it many readers reaction on next manga would be "what, read something from mangaka that made fail that was "NN"? Never!" And variant of "make a good and sensible end, for your fans to wait for your next work with anticipation" wasn't even said...

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-01-15, 17:04   Link #878
Vree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Hmm. After spending the first half of the chapter reminding us how much of an ass Nakai is, they try to make him feel remorse in the next half?
My feelings exactly. Rather, I got "voted off the island" flashbacks from the end. xD

'didn't quite make sense to me how "doing manga for 30 years" got turned into "doing manga only to get girls" on the way, but at least it's over and maybe we can get back to the actual manga business now.
Old 2010-01-15, 17:16   Link #879
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Aoki is to blame for getting his hopes up in the slightest...then his plan of drawing manga->getting famous->making acquaintances->getting girls got shorter by two steps
Old 2010-01-15, 17:29   Link #880
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammothb View Post
i hope they somehow manage to work with their first editor again:/
If that happened, then i'd find it that Miura would be a complete waste of a character. He's been great since he first appeared, and sticking with him i say is the best option for this title.

Tags
manga, shounen