AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2011-03-20, 08:11   Link #1861
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 27
This arc took a very disappointed turn. Nanamine's portrayal has become way too caricatural. I was hoping he'd become a solid villain when he was first introduced...

Hiramaru is single-handedly saving this arc. His YAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaayyyy cracked me up so much
__________________
Mikan & Yami
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 17:12   Link #1862
blade82
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: you have to find out
i really want to see a 4-koma spin off with Hiramaru and Yoshida
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-20, 17:18   Link #1863
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
i really want to see a 4-koma spin off with Hiramaru and Yoshida
I probably speak for the lot of us here who post in this thread when i say i agree with you.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 00:54   Link #1864
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 25
I think it's not that bad if we look at the arc as not focused on Nanamine. It's actually more about Kosugi. This is essentially the reverse of the relationship that Ashirogi Muto had with Miura. In this case, Kosugi is the one who at first capitulated with the other's more aggressive ideas, suffered great losses in the process, and now learned to push back. I do find it interesting how this can go the other way, which is why I'm a bit disappointed that I don't get to see (yet?) Kosugi talking to get permission from the boss and Hattori about the fight. The latest chapter made me think of him as a future badass editor like Hattori.

It looks like Obata and Ohba suffered exactly what Nanamine is doing though... the story is all over the place between this fight, Nakai's sloppy return, and Hiramaru's tea time.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-22, 11:06   Link #1865
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
It looks like Obata and Ohba suffered exactly what Nanamine is doing though... the story is all over the place between this fight, Nakai's sloppy return, and Hiramaru's tea time.
I wouldn't say 'suffered'. Bakuman has never just been about the creation of manga, so there's nothing wrong with seeing such scenes in the series. It's been like that for a long time.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 07:34   Link #1866
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
I think it's not that bad if we look at the arc as not focused on Nanamine. It's actually more about Kosugi. This is essentially the reverse of the relationship that Ashirogi Muto had with Miura. In this case, Kosugi is the one who at first capitulated with the other's more aggressive ideas, suffered great losses in the process, and now learned to push back. I do find it interesting how this can go the other way, which is why I'm a bit disappointed that I don't get to see (yet?) Kosugi talking to get permission from the boss and Hattori about the fight.
It's to preserve the ambiguity. Did he really get permission, or was he just tricking Ashirogi Muto? When he said that, that's the first thought that occurred to me: he didn't get permission at all, and it's going to cause trouble for Ashirogi. For which he'll atone by resigning, but will it be enough to shield them?

Quote:
The latest chapter made me think of him as a future badass editor like Hattori.
We'll see. Even if I'm right, he may get a second chance as an editor. Since he was handed an impossible situation to start with and his intentions weren't bad.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 15:56   Link #1867
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's to preserve the ambiguity. Did he really get permission, or was he just tricking Ashirogi Muto? When he said that, that's the first thought that occurred to me: he didn't get permission at all, and it's going to cause trouble for Ashirogi. For which he'll atone by resigning, but will it be enough to shield them?
sj is first and foremost a business, unless the senior editors are stuoid they not going to can Ashirogi muto and their manga over something like this when is ready take the fall for it all.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 16:08   Link #1868
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I suppose they'll be alright in the end, since it doesn't look like we're anywhere close to the end... But they could still milk it for some drama, since Ashirogi Muto have a reputation as headstrong troublemakers, and the Editor in Chief is rather attached to the authority of the editor over the author.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 08:01   Link #1869
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
Spoiler for CH 126:
__________________

Last edited by Tiberium Wolf; 2011-04-02 at 08:19.
Tiberium Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 08:11   Link #1870
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Spoiler for 126:
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 08:55   Link #1871
Kafriel
Senior Guest
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Athens (GMT+2)
Age: 25
Spoiler for 126:
__________________
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 12:41   Link #1872
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Looks like Ohba was channeling Light this chapter.

And that girl who turned out to be "nobuo" was kinda cute
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 12:58   Link #1873
Tiberium Wolf
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Portugal
Age: 34
I think nobuo was the guy sleeping next. Random girls went to screw with his pc.
__________________
Tiberium Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 13:31   Link #1874
totoum
Gamer
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Age: 26
Send a message via MSN to totoum
Well glad this is coming to an end,I liked it at the beginning but like others I really wanted it to end.

One thing though,in the last 2 arcs I wasn't liking the art that much but I've really been liking it in this arc so at least there's that.
__________________
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 13:54   Link #1875
Excelion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Looks like Ohba was channeling Light this chapter.
My thoughts exactly. And yeah, I'm glad this arc is finally over. The first part of this chapter was just restating what we already knew. Hopefully we'll get some Eiji again.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 14:04   Link #1876
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Takagi was right but not entirely correct. A large group of people certainly wouldn't work but a small group of 4 - 6 people Clamp should be fine. If Nanamine had kept his group to around like he started with he would have been ok but he took a good idea and stretch it into a bad idea.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 14:09   Link #1877
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Takagi was right but not entirely correct. A large group of people certainly wouldn't work but a small group of 4 - 6 people Clamp should be fine. If Nanamine had kept his group to around like he started with he would have been ok but he took a good idea and stretch it into a bad idea.
It wasn't just the size. It was the involvement. Nanamine was the only one with any incentive to take things seriously. So when the going got tough, people just left. Why wouldn't they?

One of the editors also mentioned the characters acting out of character... That, too, can be blamed on the group dynamics. It's not impossible for a few people to have a coherent enough artistic vision to make things work, but Nanamine didn't put enough effort into that either.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 14:24   Link #1878
lightbringer
M9000
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: SBC Gurokken
Nanamine's arc was interesting at the start but in retrospect it feels like the duo ran out of ideas. Here's to hoping the next arc will deliver more consistently.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 12:41   Link #1879
janipani
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Nobou was just a little school girl who trolls lol
__________________
The man of million typos
The master of confusing sentence structure


-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 15:03   Link #1880
Excelion
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Nanamine's arc was interesting at the start but in retrospect it feels like the duo ran out of ideas. Here's to hoping the next arc will deliver more consistently.
Yeah, I thought there would have been a bit more in the way of manipulating the editorial department as a whole, but after he shut his blog down, that was really the end of it. From there onward it was mostly downhill.
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manga, shounen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.