AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-07-22, 20:31   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Bleach 181 Episode Discussion Thread

Hello Bleach-fans. Oh gee.. what now? Kurosaki-kun is surrounded again? Who will win? Oh, the suspense! Yeap, it's business as usual.

Have fun!

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 09:05   Link #2
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
*watched the raw*

Spoiler:
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 09:05   Link #3
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D
Thanks for the info goes to procure the epsiode DX
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 15:57   Link #4
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
*watched the raw*

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 16:13   Link #5
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Dam what shame. I would have went Bankai and owned her rofl.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 16:17   Link #6
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:


And lol @ Omaeda getting his ass beat several times in the ep.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 19:12   Link #7
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
I think it had pretty bad animation this episode, the females looked more like males and the males just looked weird

Spoiler for :
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 19:53   Link #8
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
I think it had pretty bad animation this episode, the females looked more like males and the males just looked weird
It wasn't the animation. This is Soifon & Rukia you're talking about. I can't name another Bleach character that's as flat as a board and isn't loli
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 19:57   Link #9
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
It wasn't the animation. This is Soifon & Rukia you're talking about. I can't name another Bleach character that's as flat as a board and isn't loli
True, I'm just saying they looked even more manlier as usual and Ichigo looked a bit weird
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 20:04   Link #10
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
It wasn't the animation. This is Soifon & Rukia you're talking about. I can't name another Bleach character that's as flat as a board and isn't loli
May not be in Bleach but there is one such who goes by the name of Thyme Mayumi. Compared to her, Rukia is like Matsumoto. I'm not kidding by the way.

Visuals are provided in Shuffle.

And besides, Rukia is no where near the area of being "flat." Same thing goes for Soifon.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 20:14   Link #11
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
And besides, Rukia is no where near the area of being "flat." Same thing goes for Soifon.
I know, but in their normal Shinigami outfits, it's pretty hard to tell.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:00   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah after Soi Fon releases the best thing to do is run. Considering all the kicks and punches she landed on Ichigo he would've been dead in under 10 seconds . Not to mention he gets stabbed in the gut early on, but just walks around without paying any mind to it at all. Though considering how much these guys get cut up during the major battles that sort of makes sense.
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:02   Link #13
Yoruichi
Lover of Soi Fon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Soul Society
There is one thing that totally surprised me in this episode. When Amagai said I will go after Kurosaki since most of you know him and may have trouble fighting him. I was waiting for Kenpachi to jump right in there and say to hell with that I'll go after him lol. Oh well, yay Soi Fon whipped some Ichi ass, don't mess with my girl!
__________________
Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:19   Link #14
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
May not be in Bleach but there is one such who goes by the name of Thyme Mayumi. Compared to her, Rukia is like Matsumoto. I'm not kidding by the way.
You sure as hell aren't you need a ruler to accurately draw that chest man...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
And besides, Rukia is no where near the area of being "flat." Same thing goes for Soifon.
Before looking at those pics I would've laughed hysterically at that comment. I stand corrected.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:21   Link #15
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
I found it odd that Rukia managed to not get instantly destroyed by Soifon (she blocked her rather well and was back on her feet quickly after getting punched) yet was afraid of her fatass VC. Isn't he a complete wimp?
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:30   Link #16
astrallionheart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I found it odd that Rukia managed to not get instantly destroyed by Soifon (she blocked her rather well and was back on her feet quickly after getting punched) yet was afraid of her fatass VC. Isn't he a complete wimp?
Boxer vs Brawler IMO

Given Rukia is an agility based fighter it's going to be like a pair of fencers, she's always going to have a fighting chance, if only to kill time and fight defensively. Against a wall of meat its kind of like, its gonna take me how many hits to take him down? And at any moment a counterattack slug from a brute strength type is 1-hit-KO.
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:30   Link #17
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Anyone else think it was pathetic how easily Enryuu escaped from the grip of the 2nd squad vice captain?
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:32   Link #18
astrallionheart
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
This ep was the most interesting to watch so far, if only for the 1-sided Soi Fon vs Ichigo fight.
astrallionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:32   Link #19
lequory
People hate good theories
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah after Soi Fon releases the best thing to do is run. Considering all the kicks and punches she landed on Ichigo he would've been dead in under 10 seconds . Not to mention he gets stabbed in the gut early on, but just walks around without paying any mind to it at all. Though considering how much these guys get cut up during the major battles that sort of makes sense.
To me it looked like Ichigo was avaoiding fighting her. He was trying to make her realize the truth. If he went Bankai it would have been all over but defeating her would have just made things worse hence the ass kicking he took. I was mad myself. I'm sitting her yelling at a damn screen for him to go Bankai and kick some ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruichi View Post
There is one thing that totally surprised me in this episode. When Amagai said I will go after Kurosaki since most of you know him and may have trouble fighting him. I was waiting for Kenpachi to jump right in there and say to hell with that I'll go after him lol. Oh well, yay Soi Fon whipped some Ichi ass, don't mess with my girl!
I didn't even think about Ken saying that. Lol. At least Soi Fon was realizing something was being hidden when they got kicked out of the manor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I found it odd that Rukia managed to not get instantly destroyed by Soifon (she blocked her rather well and was back on her feet quickly after getting punched) yet was afraid of her fatass VC. Isn't he a complete wimp?
Rukia is not as weak as everyone is thinking. Remember she is supposed to be a VC and Byakuya made it so that she wouldn't have to be one due to the dangers in the position. Soi Fon I think is only best at hand to hand which is why she kicks both their asses. If she was sword fighting she would get killed (IMO), not literally, which is why she releases her sword when she fights.

Overall this wasn't that bad of an episode. I think they story is getting good now and I can't wait until the next episode. I can't believe it I'm anticipating and episode again.
lequory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:35   Link #20
Aquaman OS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by lequory View Post
Rukia is not as weak as everyone is thinking. Remember she is supposed to be a VC and Byakuya made it so that she wouldn't have to be one due to the dangers in the position.
That was my point. Why was she afraid of fatass? I'd think he'd be unable to hurt her much at all due to energy difference since all we've ever seen him do is flail his weapon around uselessly and then get punched out.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly episode discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.