AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-06, 21:42   Link #21
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 33
Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
2. Bankai was rare in the days where nothing major really happened with S.S. aside from mindless hollow killing for hundreds of years. War tends to bring out a dramatic increase in progress compared to peacetime.
Just because it isn't depicted in the manga don't mean it hasn't happened before. SS could've always been a place of drama, war, and turncoat/exiled Captains. I really doubt the other 8 of the original 13 Capts were all promoted, plus you gotta look at subtle hints of crap that happened. The whole Kenpachi thing before Zaraki, why the Shiba clan fell from nobility, etc etc.

Just saying that I don't think that this whole Aizen thing would cause much of an increase in Bankai users.
__________________
Thewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 00:34   Link #22
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
He was fairly close to matrilizeing it in ch 229 so he was already almost to the point of obtaineing bankai.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 01:37   Link #23
Hitsugaya_Toushiro
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
uhm...

Fuji Kujaku (藤孔雀, Wisteria Peacock):

* Shikai: The shikai command for Fuji Kujaku is "bloom" (咲け sake, "bloom for me" in the English adaptations). In its shikai, Fuji Kujaku takes the form of a sickle-shaped blade, or falx, distinguished from the khopesh by the cutting edge being located on the inside. A hinge at the hilt allows Fuji Kujaku to split into four identical blades. Although Yumichika doesn't admit it to his 11th Division comrades for fear of being hated, since 11th Division zanpakutō are generally used for direct attack, he has a kidō-type sword.

Shikai Special Ability: By using the command "tearing deviate"(裂き狂え, sakikurue), Fuji Kujaku flares up and takes the appearance of many peacock feathers, after which it drains the opponent's spiritual power, allowing him to beat even lieutenant-level fighters with apparent ease. Powerful as it is, Yumichika only makes use of his zanpakutō's kido properties when no other member of the 11th Division is around, lest they witness the true nature of his zanpakutō.


due to this, i'm assuming that ruri-iro kujaku isn't the command to the reiatsu absorbing kido, because it's "sakikurue" .....

so there are 3 possibilities:

1)they traslated wrong "Fuji" into "Ruri-iro"

2)he got a bankai (but none "BANKAI!" yell....uhm)

3)it's a new lame shikai power
Hitsugaya_Toushiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 03:25   Link #24
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
So you say, in just a few months (looking a the lifespan of a Shinigami it would correspond to a few human days), suddenly everyone developed a Bankai, which usually took more than 10 years, just because they expect a war? Sounds not very plausible.

A Bankai IS something rare. It's on a level not everyone is able to reach, and it should stay there.
Well, I don't think we were ever told exactly how long it took Ikkaku to be able to use bankai. It could be that Ikkaku did take ten years to learn his. If Yumichika has bankai, it could be the same thing. There's a lot of stuff that goes on off-screen, if you will. It's like Rukia knowing the first two dances of Sode no Shirayuki....she already knew 1&2 before she even met Ichigo, but we didn't even get to see them until well after the Soul Society arc. And at some point between when Kaien died and when she met Espada #9, she learned the 3rd dance, but we also never saw that happen. We just saw the end result.
Captain Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 05:27   Link #25
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
After what Ichigo did, getting Bankai itself isn't that hard anymore. But to say you even have it is an amazing thing still in SS world.

Gooo Kido-zanpaktou!!
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 09:39   Link #26
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
Maybe weak was the wrong word.... how about I think Kira and Hisagi are vastly overrated and Yumichika is underrated! This, however, is a chance for Kira and Hisagi to finally prove they can beat someone and also a chance for Yumichika to shine a little more.
I totally agree.


Hisagi is just hot...but he got owned by Yumichika. Yumichika doesn't get credit for it.

Wabisuke sucks! Unless Kira's opponent has abilities like Darku (Doll from Bounto fillers) His ass is out....

I want to see a Bankai (Since they aren't special anymore...Vaizard or Arrancar's are...well they are supposed to be...)
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 09:43   Link #27
asam_laksa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitsugaya_Toushiro View Post
uhm...

Fuji Kujaku (藤孔雀, Wisteria Peacock):

* Shikai: The shikai command for Fuji Kujaku is "bloom" (咲け sake, "bloom for me" in the English adaptations). In its shikai, Fuji Kujaku takes the form of a sickle-shaped blade, or falx, distinguished from the khopesh by the cutting edge being located on the inside. A hinge at the hilt allows Fuji Kujaku to split into four identical blades. Although Yumichika doesn't admit it to his 11th Division comrades for fear of being hated, since 11th Division zanpakutō are generally used for direct attack, he has a kidō-type sword.

Shikai Special Ability: By using the command "tearing deviate"(裂き狂え, sakikurue), Fuji Kujaku flares up and takes the appearance of many peacock feathers, after which it drains the opponent's spiritual power, allowing him to beat even lieutenant-level fighters with apparent ease. Powerful as it is, Yumichika only makes use of his zanpakutō's kido properties when no other member of the 11th Division is around, lest they witness the true nature of his zanpakutō.


due to this, i'm assuming that ruri-iro kujaku isn't the command to the reiatsu absorbing kido, because it's "sakikurue" .....

so there are 3 possibilities:

1)they traslated wrong "Fuji" into "Ruri-iro"

2)he got a bankai (but none "BANKAI!" yell....uhm)

3)it's a new lame shikai power
Man, I never saw this being changed. Yeah, it's now Ruri-iro as in Azure-color Peacock, vs Wisteria Peacock for the name of Yumichika's zanpakutou. The kanji's used are different now (I checked the Wikipedia for the old name too).

Kudos for noticing the difference.
asam_laksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 09:51   Link #28
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
I totally agree.


Hisagi is just hot...but he got owned by Yumichika. Yumichika doesn't get credit for it.

Wabisuke sucks! Unless Kira's opponent has abilities like Darku (Doll from Bounto fillers) His ass is out....

I want to see a Bankai (Since they aren't special anymore...Vaizard or Arrancar's are...well they are supposed to be...)

Yumichika only won because he drained Hisagi's energy. THats what his Shikai does <_>
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 10:05   Link #29
asam_laksa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
if the spoiler is true, I find it amusing to see Yumichika defeating CoolHorn in just two week's chapters, while Syzael's fight with Ishida, Renji, Pesche, Donddochakka AND Mayuri had extended months and months long.

Even Ikkaku's fight with the arrancar Edorad(who had to go bankai) was longer than two weeks.
asam_laksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 10:58   Link #30
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yumichika only won because he drained Hisagi's energy. THats what his Shikai does <_>
A Win is a Win! He WON.

Why is Yumichika so underrated when he pwned a vice captain at mere 5th seat (Even if he said he's higher) Yet Kira has the worse Zanpakuto ever! Kira is not?!?!? (It's actually a toss up between his or Momo's) I don't get it.
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 11:06   Link #31
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
I didn't say he won because he used a cheap move, Hiragi Underestimated him and didnt know. It wasnt really a official battle anyways.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 11:15   Link #32
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I didn't say he won because he used a cheap move, Hiragi
You didn't say it, you just inferred it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Underestimated him and didnt know.
Why didn't you just say that the first time...
Then I wouldn't have thought you meant otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
It wasnt really a official battle anyways.
Only because we didn't see it. The fact that it was over so fast...Gives Yumichika cool pts.

A Win is still a Win
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 11:55   Link #33
TeNMaN
Lost & Found
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Yumichika only won because he drained Hisagi's energy. THats what his Shikai does <_>
What kind of reasoning is that?? That's like saying Byakuya only won a fight because he is really skilled or Kenpachi won because he is uber strong...

As OD said, a win is a win. Give credit where it is due! Yumi is one of the strongest in squad 11. That is saying something people!!
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 12:31   Link #34
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kasumigaseki; where contractors dwell.
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
Wabisuke sucks! Unless Kira's opponent has abilities like Darku (Doll from Bounto fillers) His ass is out....
I agree with you there. With our luck that arrancar will turn into pure steel.
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 12:47   Link #35
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Full summary of the chapter. It seems Yumichika doesn't use bankai, but his shikai is a two-part release, each having its own name and command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie from BA
Bleach 321- Black Briers and Brambles

Continues from a last chapter, Yumichika couldn't stop laughing upon seeing Coolhorn's release and ignoring Coolhorn's ramble on how beautiful his release is. He laughs so loud that even Ikkaku could hear him. However, CoolHorn is dead serious when he says someone who lacks the sense of beauty is pathetic. And it is a job of a prettiest one (refers to himself) to destroy those who live such a pathetic life. He claps his hands together into a heart shape and says the attack name, "Beautiful Charlotte CoolHorn's Final Holy Wonderful Pretty Super Magnum Sexy Sexy Glamorous Cero!" And a cero hits yumichika's side. He tries to escape but Coolhorn follows and kicks him in the stomach.

Yumichika releases his shikai (Bloom for me, Fuji Kujaku) but CoolHorn grabs the blades and picks Yamichika up.

“It’s over. Don’t be stubborn, princess. I said it’s over.” Suddenly the vines with thorns appear underneath Coolhorn and covered both Yumichika and CooHorn. In the middle of the vines is a big white rose which Coolhorn called it Rosa Blanca. He explains that no one will see anything and it gets Yumichika's attention.

“Yes, the moment you will die without anyone noticeing…for the one who takes beauty as a pride no death could be crueler than this.” Yumichika repeats Coolhorn’s word looking as if he has accepted his fate.

But suddenly he thanks him and escape from CoolHorn’s grab and say another release command,

“Rip apart, Ruruiro Kujaku”

His blades turns into white vines with eyes all over them. They are circling CoolHorn but he tries to get away. However, Yumichika tells him it is useless and points out one of the eyes which turned into a bloomed flower.

“Those are you reiatsu. These flowers will suck your reiatsu away and grow. The reiatsu you released just now are these flowers.” Now CoolHorn is shock to see so many flowers blooming.

“Do you understand it now? The moment these flowers bloom is your last moment, Charlotte Coolhorn.”

CoolHorn screams while the flowers are blooming everywhere.

What left is Coolhorn’s body falling on the floor along with a decayed white rose.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 12:58   Link #36
Amirali
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Over the rainbow.
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Whoa. For the first time, Yamachika sounds creepy. I'm glad that kubo kept this fight short; hopefully Ikkaku and Kira won't need long either. I'm more interested in seeing Hisagi in action now.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 13:26   Link #37
kagato3
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
You know people are puting alot of stock in to what Byakuya thinks about Bankai being uber rare saying that even among the noble faimlies bankai users come about only once every few generations and fail to notice that the reason he was thinking that is because he belived that the only reason Ichigo had any powers is because he drained Rukia's. There have been at least 8 bankai users in the last 110 years (Urahara, the 5 replacement captians after he and the vizards leave, Ikkaku, and Renji (who was ranked under Yumichika less then 3 months ago) not to mention there were also likely other captians before Gin, Tousen, Shrio and the wolf took over and it has been stated that Kenpachi is the only captian never to have gained a bankai. So far of all the people that have or might have bankai renji and Kira are the weakest/least experianed and Kira had been a VC for longer then Renji to boot. So in short these people are the cream of the crop. Remember in this series even the weakest named shinigami is stronger then 99.999% of the rest of them.

As for Kira's sword being useless, unless his enemy can either a) ignore gravity or b) become intangable. He will win in only a few parries.
__________________
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

kagato3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 13:31   Link #38
Casshern
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
...Gives Yumichika cool pts.
...So he breaks even, after having lost to Ganju
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 13:51   Link #39
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuromancer View Post
...So he breaks even, after having lost to Ganju
That's was more of a "Great Escape" He didn't win. He attacked his vanity...besides. Yumichika really owned himself when he broke the spirit orb...
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 13:56   Link #40
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post

As for Kira's sword being useless, unless his enemy can either a) ignore gravity or b) become intangable. He will win in only a few parries.
..or c) can dodge sword swings instead of parrying/blocking d) have a zanpakuto whose release state they don't have physically carry (Rangiku, Byakuya) e)can use ranged attacks (kido, cero, etc).

I've always found Kira's shikai ability to be limited. It's only really useful if he can land hits and that's limited by his own swordsmanship (which doesn't seem to be anything special). Plus, once the opponent notices the effects of the attack, anyone with half a brain will switch to a different method of fighting like Rangiku did, before they suffer a real handicap.

But there might be more to his shikai than we've seen. So we'll see how his fight goes.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.