AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Bleach

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-08-07, 14:05   Link #41
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
..or c) can dodge sword swings instead of parrying/blocking d) have a zanpakuto whose release state they don't have physically carry (Rangiku, Byakuya) e)can use ranged attacks (kido, cero, etc).

I've always found Kira's shikai ability to be limited. It's only really useful if he can land hits and that's limited by his own swordsmanship (which doesn't seem to be anything special). Plus, once the opponent notices the effects of the attack, anyone with half a brain will switch to a different method of fighting like Rangiku did, before they suffer a real handicap.

But there might be more to his shikai than we've seen. So we'll see how his fight goes.
You beat me to it...cookie for you!
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 14:30   Link #42
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
YAY Bi-shonen always kills the trannycar, also those who keep talking about how Yumi beat Hisagi remember that Hisagi has yet to reveal his shikai so the fact that he was able to fight back like that only using his unreleased state is actually pretty amazing
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 14:37   Link #43
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mortuary : D


Black Briers and Brambles



Quote:
* Continues from a last chapter, Yumichika couldn't stop laughing upon seeing Coolhorn's release and ignoring Coolhorn's ramble on how beautiful his release is. He laughs so loud that even Ikkaku could hear him. However, CoolHorn is dead serious when he says someone who lacks the sense of beauty is pathetic.


* And it is a job of a prettiest one (refers to himself) to destroy those who live such a pathetic life. He claps his hands together into a heart shape and says the attack name, "Beautiful Charlotte CoolHorn's Final Holy Wonderful Pretty Super Magnum Sexy Sexy Glamorous Cero!"


* And a cero hits yumichika's side. He tries to escape but Coolhorn follows and kicks him in the stomach.Yumichika releases his shikai (Bloom for me, Fuji Kujaku) but CoolHorn grabs the blades and picks Yamichika up.


* “It’s over. Don’t be stubborn, princess. I said it’s over.” Suddenly the vines with thorns appear underneath Coolhorn and covered both Yumichika and CooHorn. In the middle of the vines is a big white rose which Coolhorn called it Rosa Blanca. He explains that no one will see anything and it gets Yumichika's attention.


* “Yes, the moment you will die without anyone noticeing…for the one who takes beauty as a pride no death could be crueler than this.” Yumichika repeats Coolhorn’s word looking as if he has accepted his fate. But suddenly he thanks him and escape from CoolHorn’s grab and say another release command,“Rip apart, Ruruiro Kujaku”


* His blades turns into white vines with eyes all over them. They are circling CoolHorn but he tries to get away. However, Yumichika tells him it is useless and points out one of the eyes which turned into a bloomed flower.


* “Those are you reiatsu. These flowers will suck your reiatsu away and grow. The reiatsu you released just now are these flowers.” Now CoolHorn is shock to see so many flowers blooming.


* “Do you understand it now? The moment these flowers bloom is your last moment, Charlotte Coolhorn.”CoolHorn screams while the flowers are blooming everywhere.


* What left is Coolhorn’s body falling on the floor along with a decayed white rose.
Credits : Annie
__________________
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 14:53   Link #44
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleachOD View Post
You beat me to it...cookie for you!
Yeah, . I haven't been too impressed by Kira, so I tend to point out his weaknesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
YAY Bi-shonen always kills the trannycar, also those who keep talking about how Yumi beat Hisagi remember that Hisagi has yet to reveal his shikai so the fact that he was able to fight back like that only using his unreleased state is actually pretty amazing
Couldn't that just mean that he was beaten so quickly he couldn't release his own shikai? We didn't see the battle once Yumichika released, only Hisagi unconscious on the ground afterwards.
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 15:08   Link #45
Amirali
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Over the rainbow.
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Couldn't that just mean that he was beaten so quickly he couldn't release his own shikai? We didn't see the battle once Yumichika released, only Hisagi unconscious on the ground afterwards.
Even that version of events would still give Hisagi an excuse that he's not really weaker, but was just caught unawares.

(Like how zomari could've beaten Byakuya straight off their first encounter, even though Byakuya would always win (be the stronger) if neither had any element of surprise to work with).

But we'll soon know without any need to speculate .

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-08-07 at 15:21.
Amirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 15:11   Link #46
BleachOD
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kneeling in front of my ICHIGO SHRINE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
YAY Bi-shonen always kills the trannycar, also those who keep talking about how Yumi beat Hisagi remember that Hisagi has yet to reveal his shikai so the fact that he was able to fight back like that only using his unreleased state is actually pretty amazing
Who says he didn't release it? He could have but it wasn't shown...
BleachOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 15:41   Link #47
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Yumichika got a kill???!!!

And he couldn't even handle some guy that plays with Fireworks.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 15:56   Link #48
Formely_anon
Missing an "R"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: *sniggers* User CP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Yumichika got a kill???!!!

And he couldn't even handle some guy that plays with Fireworks.
But he did put down Hisagi pretty quickly (and cleanly).
__________________
You are not special
Not even in a bad way

Currently Watching: S-cry-ed, The Planetes, Clannad After Story, Casshern Sins, Toradora!, Shikabanehime, Kannagi and Bleach (surprisingly)
Formely_anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 16:46   Link #49
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Countmania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Yumichika got a kill???!!!

And he couldn't even handle some guy that plays with Fireworks.
Yumichika was just playing around Ganju, he probably thought ''i can get him, I can get him...'' ye, riiight xD
__________________

mugenTaichou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 16:59   Link #50
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Quote:
He explains that no one will see anything and it gets Yumichika's attention.
I think this is how Kubo got around the premise that Yumichika didn't want anyone to see his kido-based shikai. Coolhorn's release blocks them out of everyone's sight and then Yumichika is free to use his sword however he wants without the fear of anyone seeing it.
Captain Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 17:12   Link #51
MezzoDragon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Yumichika did the world a favor via taking out that fugly arrancar. His shikai's true power is also cool. The downside is it makes him seem gay... er. The point is he is a lot stronger than he seems. However, there may be a limit to it. If the opponent has too much reiatsu, his shikai could overload or something.

As a closing statement: Lamehorn has the dumbest cero ever! Also, Hisagi should have his turn soon. I want to see his shikai!
MezzoDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 19:13   Link #52
TeNMaN
Lost & Found
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
I think this is how Kubo got around the premise that Yumichika didn't want anyone to see his kido-based shikai. Coolhorn's release blocks them out of everyone's sight and then Yumichika is free to use his sword however he wants without the fear of anyone seeing it.
Exactly what I was thinking as well. Yumichika had to wait for this opening so he could release his zanpakuto. It seems Yumi and Ikkaku are hell bent on keeping their powers secret (for good reasons too). It will be interesting to see if Ikkaku only needs to use his shikai powers to beat his chump or if he has to get creative.
TeNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 19:21   Link #53
Black-Cat-Sama
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formely_anon View Post
But he did put down Hisagi pretty quickly (and cleanly).
quickly?? all we know is he left b4 kenpachi's 2 on 1 fight, was shown exhausted as hell , told hisagi not to say anything and a while later he arrives at kenpachi's place all happy. i dont know what ur idea of quickly is, but the whole time kenpachi's fight was going on, Ayasegawa was fighting as well (as we are shown and are meant to believe.) and as other people have said, being caught off guard cant change a whole lot. (examples: Byakuya would have been dead if ichigo had cut his throat the first time instead of being all main characterish and backing off. Zomari coulda took control of byakuya's head and killed him instantly instead of all that BS with his legs. So on and so forth, but yeah Hisagi hasnt shown any of his releases, that shows the point that he may very well be beast and u cant put him down just for one loss that was 99% off screen. congrats to ayasegawa though, and onscreen fight.
Black-Cat-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 20:20   Link #54
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeNMaN View Post
What kind of reasoning is that?? That's like saying Byakuya only won a fight because he is really skilled or Kenpachi won because he is uber strong...

As OD said, a win is a win. Give credit where it is due! Yumi is one of the strongest in squad 11. That is saying something people!!

god damn it neither of you guys are getting what I am Saying, he Won Fair and square it was Hiragi's fault he underestimated Yumi and lost because of it. Keeping your strongest movies a secret is a good advantage over your opponet.

It wasn't a Official fight because they didn't mean to kill one another.
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 23:02   Link #55
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
I just want to see 69 boy go serious but for some reason I think we are going to see a flashback that shows Hisagi looking up to Kensei saying 'I want to become strong like him, I want to become stronger' then he will use some next ability and dispatch the Arrancar whilst Kira will get uber serious and show a new ability of Wabisuke, don't ya know every new arc the heroes get a power up
__________________

Sephiroth...The Result of the Crazy Amibition
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-07, 23:36   Link #56
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: +48 28' 43.50", +16 35' 17.08"
Age: 30
Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
It wasn't a Official fight because they didn't mean to kill one another.
watch your tongue that would render a lot of fights into ~unofficial fights~
__________________
WONDERMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 02:46   Link #57
Freya
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern California.
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Freya
Now I'm wondering what Aizen thought when he saw the fugly arrancar get arrancarized.
__________________
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 03:03   Link #58
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
He told tousen to get his bankai out. Right away.

Anyway, bad chapter. It's seriously not a convincing fight for me. Though that's my opinion. Have fun.
__________________
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 08:56   Link #59
Konpachi
Sinear Mambur
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Look behind you...
One thing good bout 321: CoolHorn is DEAD!! WHOOO!!

the ending to the battle was the lamest ever. i got the impression that the more the opponent struggled and used more reiatsu, the faster the flower would bloom therefore causing his death. but either there was a plothole or CoolHorn was sooo freaking stupid to use all his reiatsu, even after Yumichika told him that, that would just cause his death, which it did.
Konpachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 10:06   Link #60
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
Now I'm wondering what Aizen thought when he saw the fugly arrancar get arrancarized.
"Put the mask back on."
__________________



Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.