AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-02-05, 11:01   Link #21
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well he can only be so angry because he actually cared about his job.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 13:38   Link #22
Gordy Lechance

Well, thanks to this little Internet remix by Revolucian of his trantrum, Christian will have a very hard time being taken seriously ever again as an actor if that precious little scene was not worth tearing into another human being for :

Again, NOT safe for Work or in front of Children. You have been warned.

And I'm surprised that Warner Brothers was able to handle it well enough to make a skit about it:
Old 2009-02-05, 14:14   Link #23
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

What a whiny little bully of a child Christian Bale is.....

frankly, if people believe they can behave that way in private or anywhere else - they need all the slapdown they can get. As for explaining it as "stress" on a movie set.... I bet the guys serving in Iraq would just find that idea hilarious....
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 14:26   Link #24
james0246

^The incident in question occurred last summer and was, if you listen to the Hollywood rumour mills, part of a small string of similar incidents that resulted from Bale becoming increasingly depressed. The rumour mills then go on to speculate that Bale's brief period of depression was caused by the sudden death of Heath Ledger. At least, that is how the rumours are spinning this tale of verbal assault.

That being said, the incident occurred last summer, and the director and other actors have already said that it was a singular incident (they blame Bale's actions on the fact that the actor was too "into" his character).

In other news, Colbert did a fun little parody of the incident on his Feb. 4, 2009 show in which Steve Martin walked across the stage and Colbert proceeded to yell and scream at Martin.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 19:10   Link #25
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Saying the word f*** so many time seems normal. Not like he's not the first one in the world to go berserk or angry.

Seems like people exaggerate when movie stars or people of a noticeable position does an act like this.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 21:24   Link #26
sa547
*Author

@Gordy: one question -- if you were the producer, what name actor you'll replace Bale with (since you tend to consider him more as a liability on the set)?
Old 2009-02-06, 04:56   Link #27
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^The incident in question occurred last summer and was, if you listen to the Hollywood rumour mills, part of a small string of similar incidents that resulted from Bale becoming increasingly depressed. The rumour mills then go on to speculate that Bale's brief period of depression was caused by the sudden death of Heath Ledger. At least, that is how the rumours are spinning this tale of verbal assault.
That's similar to what I was going say. He and Heath Ledger were best friends. At that time he was also promoting the Batman movie which Ledger also stared in. During promoting the movie in London he was also arrested for an alleged assault against his mother and sister.
Xvoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 06:06   Link #28
Gordy Lechance

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulassassin547 View Post
@Gordy: one question -- if you were the producer, what name actor you'll replace Bale with (since you tend to consider him more as a liability on the set)?
Oh no, I'm only laughing at what would happen if his "big important emotional scene" turned out to be a laughably-bad Razzie Award Winner rathetr than a tearjerker. If the resulting performance is a tearjerker, then that tantrum would have been worth it.

But if I had to be the one to Bale out (sorry!! ), I would pick either Edward Norton (for the old guy angle) or Shia Lebeouf (if I needed someone younger).
Old 2009-02-06, 10:09   Link #29
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Thanks to this outburst I am a fan of Christian Bale . And I am not being sarcastic here ..... Bale is my new hero . I seriously hope in the upcoming season of SouthPark , this whole incident is parodied : D
Old 2009-02-06, 22:30   Link #30
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Bale is doing what I consider an excellent job in deprecating himself over it (imo, the right thing to do to deflate the story). He's basically joining in on the tarring and feathering of himself

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Movi...rss_topstories

That scores him quite a few more points than, say, Russell Crowe and his unapologetic antics
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-06, 23:17   Link #31
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Rage is a spiraling emotion. It needs to feed. Bale might have a temper, and this might have been the thing that set him off, but I listened to the clip. He is just in blind rage. He didn’t hit anyone, he was just venting. The problem for Bale’s momentary madness was that no one else was escalating the situation, which only escalated Bale, but that is what Rage wants. It wants a reaction to satisfy its lust for conflict. Seems to me that he wasn’t getting that so he tries harder. You here bits of Hurlburt saying he is sorry and Bale continues to berate him saying he didn’t think he was sorry. Then he calls for the guy’s job and demands he leave the set etc. He isnt assaulting anyone physically (despite threatening to or gesturing), and he isn’t destroying set pieces. He is just yelling.

I am sure later on cooler minds prevailed and everyone calmed down, apologies and reality set in and they went back to the business of making movies. I heard no stories saying “that was the last of Hurlburt’s career” so I am sure it was nothing but an isolated conflict. Hurlburt kept doing his thing, Bale kept doing his too, life goes on.
Old 2009-02-07, 00:18   Link #32
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvoki View Post
That's similar to what I was going say. He and Heath Ledger were best friends. At that time he was also promoting the Batman movie which Ledger also stared in. During promoting the movie in London he was also arrested for an alleged assault against his mother and sister.
Verbal assault. Not physical.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 05:13   Link #33
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Verbal assault. Not physical.
LOL I didn't say physical did I? *looks at post* nope, I didn't say physical.
Old 2009-02-07, 06:36   Link #34
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvoki View Post
LOL I didn't say physical did I? *looks at post* nope, I didn't say physical.
You didn't say verbal either. Just making sure no one gets the wrong idea. Seriously, what do people think of when they hear the word "assault?" Verbal attack?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 10:15   Link #35
Xvoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
You didn't say verbal either. Just making sure no one gets the wrong idea. Seriously, what do people think of when they hear the word "assault?" Verbal attack?
It seems you assume most people to be stupid. I donít!

Anyway let this be the end of the matter, quite frankly I've become bored with it. ^^
Old 2009-02-07, 10:18   Link #36
sa547
*Author

Okay guys, Bale apologizes for tantrum on the set.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/...ogy/index.html

Quote:
"I was out of order beyond belief," Bale said. "I was way out of order. I acted like a punk. I regret that."
Old 2009-02-07, 10:31   Link #37
Gordy Lechance

Anyways, I really hope that this film's credits has at least a small detication to Mr Stan Winston, the creator of the orginal Terminator Metal-Skeleton, who passed away early last year. He was also the creator of the Alien Queen from Aliens and the T-Rex from Jurassic Park. His most recent (and final) works include The Iron Man Suit from Iron Man and The Crystal Skull from Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. His compay, Stan Winston Studios, is still working on Terminator 4 and a lot more future films as we speak.

Even Arnie says that were it not for Stan, The Terminator would not have been as popular, and his career would not have gone as far as it has.

Hats off to you, Mr Winston.
Old 2009-03-04, 13:44   Link #38
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

Ok here is the new trailer that came out today (March 3rd) this new trailer shows us more about the story of the movie and waht it seems to be a new terminator on the side of the humans that thinks he is human.The movie itself looks awesome and I can't wait for it to come out.

http://www.movie-list.com/trailers.php?id=terminator4
Old 2009-03-04, 14:24   Link #39
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Well, I just hope that more of the spirit of the second movie (you know, fight destiny and win) comes thru instead of the third movie (don't do anything cuz you can't change the future anyway).

Personally, I hated the third movie, but this trailer gives me at least some hope of a decent sequel. And learning more about the story and terminators will make me VERY happy.
Old 2009-03-04, 14:28   Link #40
Nosauz

they need mo ahnold, at least he doesn't flip out like christian bale
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote