AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2009-01-01, 05:03   Link #241
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer

I watched episode 1 in total blindness, I didn't have the slightest clue this was from Shinbou. But then it was so obvious after just a few seconds XD
Anyway, a more than decent watch. I enjoyed the characters' antics and their interactions, the theme is quite trite but handled like this might become good. Looking forward to see episode 2.

And.. beware of traps!

Old 2009-01-01, 06:47   Link #242
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
SHAFT has been engaged to produce sequels to many of their recent 12/13-episode shows, so I certainly think it's possible. But, really, it comes down to the publisher, production committee, and sales. That being said, I'm not sure if there is enough source material to produce much more right away. They could always do a sequel next year if this one proves popular enough, and so on.
I have my fingers crossed that this show will have high enough ratings for second season. There's enough manga material for one, and we all know how Shinbo likes to work on his original material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
And.. beware of traps!

You are my absolute hero Pellissier. Is this from the January issue of Megami?

Also if possible, could i ask for a sig image to be made of Maria from that image please?
Old 2009-01-01, 09:51   Link #243
animekritik

12 episodes will be just perfect for this. of course, i'm hoping there'll be a second season if it's good.
Old 2009-01-01, 10:39   Link #244
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You are my absolute hero Pellissier. Is this from the January issue of Megami?

Also if possible, could i ask for a sig image to be made of Maria from that image please?
It's from Megami, but the February issue (volume 105).
As for the signature:

Old 2009-01-01, 10:47   Link #245
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
It's from Megami, but the February issue (volume 105).
Thanks for the information. Shall be ordering that this evening.

Another thank you for the sig. It is splendid. <3
Old 2009-01-01, 13:28   Link #246
tzia_n
Lurker

Send a message via Yahoo to tzia_n
omg, he (Mariya) is so deliciously evil i don't normally like traps but this one is on a different level
Old 2009-01-01, 15:50   Link #247
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
OMG that is so hawt
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 16:24   Link #248
Kushi

Mmm just watched the first episode... I found the concept pretty interesting and I thought it was pretty funny. But the style of art really isn't my cup of tea... the style is really similiar to Zetsubou Sensei but I don't feel like it works with this anime.. Kinda really reminds me of EF where the story was decent but I didn't like it because the art style was too weird and artsy for me. Probably going to drop the series, but I might as well wait a couple episodes as it wasn't like it was bad or anything. Just the art style.. urgh x_x
Kushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 16:47   Link #249
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:
And.. beware of traps!

Why is he so delicious?
Old 2009-01-01, 17:10   Link #250
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash002 View Post
Why is he so delicious?
I have plenty of reasons, though i'm pretty sure i'll get into trouble if i name a few of them.
Old 2009-01-01, 18:28   Link #251
iceyfw

i lol'd when she grabbed his balls. using sprites for an ED is definitely new. i couldn't figure out what it was until i took a closer look at the screen.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 21:25   Link #252
davie

I don't know what to say. Kind of want? Meh, I'll watch it tomorrow!

Just watched it; it was hilarious.

Last edited by davie; 2009-01-01 at 21:40.
davie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 22:46   Link #253
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Someone probably asked before but anyway - anyone knows if there is any actual yuri in the manga (i.e. can we expect that from the anime too)? Because after the first episode a positive answer to this question would be pretty much the only thing that might keep me watching, the premise is silly and the anime is not exactly world-shatteringly funny, to put it quite mildly. Well, this and Kobayashi Yu, actually.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-01, 23:07   Link #254
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Someone probably asked before but anyway - anyone knows if there is any actual yuri in the manga (i.e. can we expect that from the anime too)? Because after the first episode a positive answer to this question would be pretty much the only thing that might keep me watching, the premise is silly and the anime is not exactly world-shatteringly funny, to put it quite mildly. Well, this and Kobayashi Yu, actually.
By Yuri what do you mean?
Old 2009-01-02, 00:09   Link #255
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Lesbians doing what lesbians do. Although I think "yuri" generally refers to the romance.

Ep 1

WTF? I'm not going to even bother making sense of that.

The first ep had its moments, but there weren't any truly ROFL-worthy scenes. This does strike me as the sort of material that Shinbo really relishes in, though. It's a major spin on a fairly established premise, in this case being the Catholic all-girls school romance. Shinbo's been doing works like that ever since Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, and even works like Tsukuyomi and the first (and, in my opinion, best) Nanoha series fall under that umbrella. But I don't think this is going to be another Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. I don't think this has the scope to be another SZS. There's no reason why it can't be funny, though, even if it does flirt with the excessive as far as schadenfreude is concerned (I get the feeling that there's not much love for Kanako among the production staff).
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 01:52   Link #256
sirn
レス乞食

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Someone probably asked before but anyway - anyone knows if there is any actual yuri in the manga (i.e. can we expect that from the anime too)?
There will be at least a one-sided delusion from Kanako, and a few leave-it-to-your-imagination moments. If you want to watch this for pure Yuri elements, you're going to be... disappointed. For a disclaimer, I've only read the first volume, since it didn't get me interested enough to get the second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
This does strike me as the sort of material that Shinbo really relishes in, though. It's a major spin on a fairly established premise, in this case being the Catholic all-girls school romance. Shinbo's been doing works like that ever since Le Portrait de Petite Cossette, and even works like Tsukuyomi and the first (and, in my opinion, best) Nanoha series fall under that umbrella.
Ugh, I thought Shinbo never did anything of Catholic all-girls school romance before. Yes, his past work has some catholic elements in it, but it's by far different from the material he got this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
I get the feeling that there's not much love for Kanako among the production staff.
That part is from the original manga.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 02:23   Link #257
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirn View Post
Ugh, I thought Shinbo never did anything of Catholic all-girls school romance before. Yes, his past work has some catholic elements in it, but it's by far different from the material he got this time
Yes, I know Shinbo hasn't done any Catholic all-girls school romances before. That's not what I said. What I meant is that this is another example of a work by Shinbo where there's a major spin on an established genre. That's the sort of thing which he's done all his career. I'd almost say it's the defining mark of his works.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 02:35   Link #258
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
There will be at least a one-sided delusion from Kanako, and a few leave-it-to-your-imagination moments. If you want to watch this for pure Yuri elements, you're going to be... disappointed. For a disclaimer, I've only read the first volume, since it didn't get me interested enough to get the second.

That's how it stays up to the latest raw I've seen, this series is mostly comedy eccentric series and the only "yuri" aspect is done in comedic scenes mostly involving Kanako, other then that yeah that's pretty much it.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 04:18   Link #259
zzeroparticle
NEET

Send a message via AIM to zzeroparticle
I think what makes this series work is the way the characters are done. Most of it is driven in the way the characters nonchalantly insult each other and being generally disrespectful around one another. It's certainly a different dimension compared to the sort of drama you get from a Catholic all-girls school romance where the backstabbing and drama is more of the subtler variety and the insulting is more high-minded snobbery than blatant insults. Here, war has already been declared and Mariya, being the person he is, has no inclination of being nice or playing fair from the get go. He's a complete sadist and he damn well knows it.

As such, the character interactions will be amusing to say the least. I'm looking forwards to the devious ways in which Mariya will simply crush Kanako's will to live (and so far, he's doing a good job of that).
zzeroparticle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 06:08   Link #260
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
& as mentioned before, this show is not very well liked when it comes to the Yuri fanbase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post
I think what makes this series work is the way the characters are done. Most of it is driven in the way the characters nonchalantly insult each other and being generally disrespectful around one another. It's certainly a different dimension compared to the sort of drama you get from a Catholic all-girls school romance where the backstabbing and drama is more of the subtler variety and the insulting is more high-minded snobbery than blatant insults. Here, war has already been declared and Mariya, being the person he is, has no inclination of being nice or playing fair from the get go. He's a complete sadist and he damn well knows it.

As such, the character interactions will be amusing to say the least. I'm looking forwards to the devious ways in which Mariya will simply crush Kanako's will to live (and so far, he's doing a good job of that).
Apart from the whole set-up and position Kanako is in at the moment, the character interaction is probably my second favorite part of the show. & as i said before, together with the Shinbo style it takes on a whole new form then just your everyday character interaction. It was great in the manga, though now it's just something a lot more in your face --- in a good way.

Tags
comedy, genderbender, romance, seinen, shaft, trap