AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-03, 05:29   Link #281
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzia_n View Post
i also like the maid, and how she makes those side comments
I second that, after so long a maid on par with Kohaku@Tsukihime and Mitsuki@Goshujin-sama

Quote:
and I'd use one of those sigs if only he wasn't a trap lol
@Pellissier
Thanks for the gifs, could you or anyone else provide some more gifs with the maid? please ...
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 06:12   Link #282
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
I second that, after so long a maid on par with Kohaku@Tsukihime and Mitsuki@Goshujin-sama
Funny thing you mentioned Goshujin-sama. I tought Mariya was exactly like that, except he's a bishi crossdresser here.
Old 2009-01-03, 06:25   Link #283
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
and I'd use one of those sigs if only he wasn't a trap lol

Don't let that stop you!
Old 2009-01-03, 06:27   Link #284
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Reverse-traps are an endangered species.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 06:30   Link #285
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
True, though one's that have appeared in the past are very special. Especially one of my favorite characters ever, Haruhi from Ouran.
Old 2009-01-03, 06:43   Link #286
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post

May I have this one please? Thank you very much Pellissier!
Sure, but you didn't even need to ask ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
@Pellissier
Thanks for the gifs, could you or anyone else provide some more gifs with the maid? please ...
In all honesty, I don't remember all that much of Matsuriko avatar-able scenes. She mostly had still shot, or just plain little movements. I guess the focus for this episode was quite elsewhere ^^
Old 2009-01-03, 08:38   Link #287
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
True, though one's that have appeared in the past are very special. Especially one of my favorite characters ever, Haruhi from Ouran.
Have you seen Jdrama 花ざかりの君たちへ Ikemen Paradise? It was based on the manga featuring a reverse trap. It was like the opposite of Maria Holic, where the main character crossdress as a boy and went to an all boys school. ^^
Old 2009-01-03, 11:59   Link #288
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Oscar François de Jarjayes, a reverse-trap from the 70s. ^^
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 13:19   Link #289
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
gonna take this one
if thats ok?
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 13:57   Link #290
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Jesus, it's not math or anything. It's conjecture, duh. For one, first season of ef basically followed a lot of Shinbo quirks and it just seemed apparent that he had had more of an input in that show than for the second season. The general lack of Shinbou-isms is the apparent proof. I don't think you can make a case just because of the names in the credits. Especially when Shinbou is like Shigeru Miyamoto of Shaft. He's EVERYWHERE in that studio.
The reason this sort of conjecture annoys me is because this typically happens to explain or excuse some fans feelings about a show. When a SHAFT show is going well, people will say it's because it's "obvious" that Shinbo's heavily involved (no matter his role on paper). When they start feeling less positive about the show, people will say that he "obviously" isn't heavily involved: that he's phoning it in, that he's working on something else, that he left it to someone else, etc. etc. This happened with Negima!?, this happened with ef - melodies, and we'll see what happens with Maria Holic. Basically, it often seems like people have this attitude that "anything good that SHAFT produces, it's because Shinbo worked on it; anything bad, he wasn't involved". It's like he has the Midas touch or something. I just don't think that's substantiated by anything. He's a human, not a god; I'm sure he has less-brilliant ideas too, sometimes. Without knowing what really goes on behind the scenes, some people have turned him into an icon of all the good without the bad.

So basically, at the end of this thread, all I have to do is see how much Shinbo's involvement is claimed, and I'll know how people feel about the show.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-03, 14:37   Link #291
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
gonna take this one
if thats ok?
Yup, that's ok - go ahead.

By the way, for anyone willing to use any of these avatars, you don't need to ask, just claim and then use.
Old 2009-01-03, 15:23   Link #292
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post
Have you seen Jdrama 花ざかりの君たちへ Ikemen Paradise? It was based on the manga featuring a reverse trap. It was like the opposite of Maria Holic, where the main character crossdress as a boy and went to an all boys school. ^^
I have heard of it, though i'm not really one for J-dramas. I wouldn't mind checking it out at some point though.
Old 2009-01-03, 17:26   Link #293
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I have heard of it, though i'm not really one for J-dramas. I wouldn't mind checking it out at some point though.
If you have time please do check it out specially if you really like Ouran. It has school, romance, comedy, bishounen, undertoned boys love, reverse trap, and absurd amount of silliness.
Old 2009-01-04, 00:47   Link #294
rose-wisteria
~Cuteness is NOT a Crime~

Send a message via AIM to rose-wisteria Send a message via MSN to rose-wisteria Send a message via Yahoo to rose-wisteria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
Sure, but you didn't even need to ask ^^
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The reason this sort of conjecture annoys me is because this typically happens to explain or excuse some fans feelings about a show. When a SHAFT show is going well, people will say it's because it's "obvious" that Shinbo's heavily involved (no matter his role on paper). When they start feeling less positive about the show, people will say that he "obviously" isn't heavily involved: that he's phoning it in, that he's working on something else, that he left it to someone else, etc. etc. This happened with Negima!?, this happened with ef - melodies, and we'll see what happens with Maria Holic. Basically, it often seems like people have this attitude that "anything good that SHAFT produces, it's because Shinbo worked on it; anything bad, he wasn't involved". It's like he has the Midas touch or something. I just don't think that's substantiated by anything. He's a human, not a god; I'm sure he has less-brilliant ideas too, sometimes. Without knowing what really goes on behind the scenes, some people have turned him into an icon of all the good without the bad.

So basically, at the end of this thread, all I have to do is see how much Shinbo's involvement is claimed, and I'll know how people feel about the show.
Spoken for truth. >__< Oh well. Let those people say what they want. :P

Minnie's Blog- My thoughts, my stories.
Hey, Say, Anime!- My anime blog with a group of writers.
rose-wisteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 02:58   Link #295
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

um can i request for a sig???? of maria and the maid together???
pls???

>_<

god AM I A SUCKER FOR TRAP GENRE ANIME or what

but i soo cant get enough of emm

they keep me wanting for mor hahhaha
Old 2009-01-04, 06:40   Link #296
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post

Most of the time, the people that say such statements are the same people that call what we're seeing now the SHAFT style, which is understandable though it goes to show that they're not looking into the series and finding out why it's like what it is.

I've never really come across people say "this SHAFT show is good because Shinbo is involved", so i really can't say much else.
Old 2009-01-04, 07:24   Link #297
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

All I can say is, that I don't really think the same of those 'because Shinbou is missing' kind of excuses. I mean, even for this best shows like Zetsubou Sensei, he shows his kinks in his armor. Even with the best of his shows, he sometimes goes a bit overboard with the visual tricks, there's too much inane dialog, too much ranting and so forth.

For me, Shinbou's connection is not a pure blessing. I honestly don't see it in that same wavelength. I sorta can guess where that viewpoint comes from, but that's now how I see it.

That said, I still think it's apparent that Shinbou's involvement or assertion or someone following his style in certain shows do vary from one show to the other. And ef to me is the classic case of that. If you're telling me that isn't the case just because of how his name is written in the credits, I'm really not buying it. Though with ef Melodies, I think the problem runs with the writing staff equally. I think they have rushed it a bit as well.

Speaking of godly/celebrity anime directors, Akitaroh Daichi is another for me. Though you can plainly see his involvement in anything he makes with due faults and touches of genius. With Shinbou though, he's not a wandering director like Daichi is. Like I said, it's like Shinbou is a figurehead of SHAFT itself.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 10:09   Link #298
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I laughed so many times for the pre-airing episode, definitely following this.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 11:59   Link #299
Pachael
原作通り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secca View Post
Reminds me of Hanakimi.
Pachael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-04, 12:33   Link #300
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Quote:
Reminds me of Hanakimi.
Yes it is Hanakimi.

Tags
comedy, genderbender, romance, seinen, shaft, trap